Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidehi's Zoo U - homework progress Course 10 - MOO U with TarynTempestwind, page4

HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
Yippee! I have finally managed to start a nice new shiny thread ... thank you so much for all your help Zoo!!!

Now there should be nothing stopping me from posting finished build or WIP screenshots and asking my wonderful fellow students and of course the awesome teacher for advice on how I can improve.

I've never build from actual architectural plans before, all my builds usually just develop while i play about with different ideas.
But with such a great course to follow I finally got to grips with the concept ... I think.

There is stuff in my first homework that I'm not too happy with e.g. I still can't get the roof to look right. If I would have studied the Zoo U course on roofs before I completed the house I would have probably ended up with a better finish. Some of the Moo-ing isn't done well enough either ... so the course with guest lecturer and Moo-ing master TarynTempestwind will help immensely!

But none the less it's done and uploaded. Here are some screenshots if you are interested:

Mellow-Yellowfrontview5-1.jpg"width=600"

... I wonder why I called this build 'Mellow-Yellow'...and no it's not only because I'm an old hippie at heart :wink:

Mellow-Yellowgroundfloorplan2-1.jpg"width=600"

Mellow-Yellowfirstfloorplan.jpg"width=600"

af593a8e-eaf1-432f-be8d-78d352e86496_zps35aec0c3.jpg"width=600"

Side views ... I tried to hide the ugly roof bit with greenery ... on one side it worked just about ... on the other it didn't. I'm not sure how to stop the roof line poking out ... is that only possible by changing the floor plan?

Mellow-Yellowback2_zps299ac883.jpg"width=600"

My interior decorating is ... ummm ... not very eleborate ... I'm slowly getting better but if I look at the presentations of everyone else on this course my jaw drops in awe of all the included details ... nevertheless here are a couple of interior photos anyway

Mellow-Yellowdining2.jpg"width=600"

MellowYellowbed3_zps0c74fe8e.jpg"width=600"

Mellow-Yellowstudy_zps9d0dec2e.jpg"width=600"

The link to the finished product: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7408577

And now it's onward to the next assignment ... :D

Comments

• Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great house, Hidehi! Lush landscaping and some clever ideas in your build. I beg to differ, I think your interiors are well done. Is that some MOO I see sneaking in? Love the use of it in the bedroom.

Nice work!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2013
    Lovely home. :D The bright yellow is very appealing! Love the garden and the pool area. Inside I love that kitchen and dining area. Recommended. Good job Hidehi! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love this house! The colors are perfect and I love the different spots outside, very clever done! I like the bedroom very much! Rec`d already! :)

P.S.: it is so nice to see that Zoo`s students do all their homeworks! :D
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think this house is wonderful! You are being way to hard on yourself, you have done a fabulous job!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @ suepea - thank you for leaving such a lovely comment! ... Yes ... ummm ... my attempts at Moo-ing ... some are okay ... others I'm not so sure about, but I'm very glad you like it! :D

@ Yanti68 - I have already noticed that you always leave very encouraging messages in your wake and I am very pleasantly surprised that you have found my thread and left such a wonderful comment! Thank you so much! :D

@ Lucy - my dear friend, I am so pleased that you have popped by to check out my first ever forum thread and leave a lovely comment ... as if you haven't praised this build enough already! :D x

Yes, we are all trying hard to be good students and do our homework ... as this is such a brilliant opportunity to learn and grow ... and lots of fun too!! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am very glad that you have started a thread here. We get to see more of your lovely builds! :) Mellow Yellow looks very nice. It is a very nice shade of lemon that you have used for the exterior. Very nice way that you have done the flowers and plants through the outdoor areas. Great how the flowers line the front pathway. Great pool area to swim and relax outside on the seats in nice surroundings of the flowers in the sunshine. It looks great how you have used the hedge fencing for the fruit/vegie patch garden area and the scarecrow is good. It looks nice how you have set up the dining room. The white and turquoise coloured chairs look good, and the vase s of flowers on the shelving on the side look nice and colourful. Great way that you have used the arch between the kitchen and the dining room. Very nice shade of green that you have used in the master bedroom. The chairs in the study look very comfortable and the room looks a great place to sit and do some studying, reading of a book, or using the computer.
    Your home is great!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oops Prisca, we seemed to have posted pretty much at the same time and I nearly missed you!

Thank you very much for your encouraging comment! :D

You are probably right, I'm my worst critic and I often feel very unsure about my builds :oops: ... but I really hope with the help of all you wonderful fellow Zoo U students I may eventually feel more confident with my building skills. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My dear Rose, what can I say ... you've already left such a great comment on MY Page ... and now on here too ... thank you sooo much!!! :D
    I'm going to get really big-headed with all this praise! :wink:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Lovely! It looks so cheerful and beautiful. I especially like the bedroom xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2013
    It looks super and very country sweet Hidehi! I liked your interiors! Especially the office area and...I saw it Hun...the MOOed bedroom! Super!

Great job , Hidehi! And the yard looked fantastic too!

Rec'd!

T
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited June 2013
    What a great house, Hidehi! It looks like you took a lot of time to put detail into everything. I especially like the yellow exterior color. It adds some pizazz without being too flashy. I gave you a recommendation.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so very much GreenCats, Taryn and ThisSIMsCrazed for leaving such lovely and encouraging comments. :D

I'd better get going and knuckle down to finish my next assignment ... before i really get pulled up by our great Zoo U professor for hanging around the forums and not doing my homework! :wink:
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2013
    Such a gorgeous build Hidehi, love the colours you have chosen for your landscaping they look great against the soft yellow exterior. :D xox Folly
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A big THANK YOU to Bree and Folly ... I am so pleased that you both took the time to write such lovely comments! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I thought I should add a couple of screen shots showing the progress of my colonial class work ... just to 'prove' that I have tried to concentrate on my homework ... even if I may not be able to hand it in on time ...

I'm having trouble with the interior decorators ... they tell me that they can only squeeze in my request to furnish a whole house at the weekend ... :wink:

The before:

ColonialWIPfrontview.jpg"width=600"

and the now:

Colonialfront.jpg"width=600"
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oooooooh! How pretty! :D You are doing good Hidehi! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your house looks very nice! :) The colour scheme of the exterior looks great. It looks very nice how you have done the pond area with the flowers and rocks and water jet feature. The balcony looks good how you have done it and sims will enjoy star gazing from there. The choice of windows and shutters looks great and suits the home well. Great to have the market stand out the front, and the sign near the pond is a nice welcoming sight to the home. Nice greenhouse for growing plants indoors. Great way you have done the paths.
    It is looking great!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hidehi, you sell yourself way too short! You're builds are amazing! Mellow Yellow (just love that name!) is fabulous! The exterior color and the landscaping are superb! Your mooing looks fab and your interior decorating is gorgeous! I Rec'd this guy when you put it up on the exchange.

Your Colonial house is stunning! I love the pond, the barn and the greenhouse! I am really looking forward to more pics of this entire build!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wow Hide You are a very talented builder.. That looks awesome..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so very much yanti68, Rose, WrathofCath and Bree for popping by with your fab comments!! :D ....You have all made me blush!! :oops:

I will try my hardest not to disappoint you with my finished build ... but looking at Bree's and Cath's awesome class work creations that will be not an easy task!
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait for more pictures! I love what you have done to the Colonial! You are quite an accomplished builder. I have rec'd and faved Mellow Yellow, waiting on the Colonial now! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2013
    Looks fantastic Hidehi. :D
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hidehi -- the Colonial is looking fabulous. Can we please come inside soon and poke around?

Pretty please?

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Your work is absolutely stunning what I can see now, so the finish will be breath taking, very very great architect from you Hide. Don't sell yourself short.. Very talented creator..... Big Ole Hugs Bree..

P.S. I wish I had thought to use the Stones Throw Greenhouse and the Fruit Stand that looks absolutely gorgeous.....