Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• Options
    FruitLove2004FruitLove2004 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One of the first rules for the challenge in TS2 was you had to start with a single sim and meet a townie and build a relationship and get married and start a family. Then do that again for a total of 10 generations. You also couldn't use cheats and had to start on an empty lot. I hope my Prima Guide arrives before the rules for LegacyTS3 do or I may not even know HOW to move a sim into a required lot and start it.
    Well I almost got excited until I read the post (I've copied into my post) No Cheats!! :oops: That leaves me out! I just don't have the patience. :lol: Good Luck everybody! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    VellaKate1VellaKate1 Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2009
    :shock: :D Hey hey, Pinstar!!!

I wondered if you'd show up here. I didn't post mine very often, but mostly what I played in Sims 2 was legacy families. Loved the challenge they. Welcome, and it's great to see your presence here.

Can't wait for the rules!

• Options
    DarkroomdannyDarkroomdanny Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm SO up for this! I've just created my Legacy founder! I've never done this before and cannot wait for the complete rules! Thanks!
  • Options
    saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can't wait for this challenge!
  • Options
    Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    One other quick clarification: In addition to all of the above listed customization options allowed for your Legacy founder, you are also allowed to pick their lifetime want.

Their lifetime wants will be tied to Legacy points now, so choose one you think you can complete to give yourself a little Legacy point boost early in the challenge.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • Options
    AlwaysAmandaAlwaysAmanda Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I too am looking forward to attempting this. I am trying to not use so many cheats, but one thing I can't do is make a single sim without them having a partner...lol. Looks like it will be fun. Thanks!
  • Options
    RSKehrerRSKehrer Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I can't wait!!! I'm due to have my baby in a month so I hope a rough draft will be available before then, because I won't have much playtime after she's here... :)
  • Options
    PennywisePennywise Posts: 331 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Glad to see you're finally on TS3 forum!!! Can't wait - I've been needing a challenge Pin!

:D
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't wait to try this out!

Anytime I did a legacy on the sims 2, I ended up quitting and cheating. D;<
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    MarteighneighMarteighneigh Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmmmm, I might give it a go. I'm always a little bit worried though about the huge time **** that is the Sims LoL
  • Options
    RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Looking forward to it. I'm saving Riverview for the Legacy Challenge.
  • Options
    ScallywagScallywag Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Glad to hear from ya Pinstar! Congrats on creating such a "Legacy" !!

I am definitly a "need a goal" player, already on 2nd almost 3rd generation using basic concepts from ts2 version. And yep I've been hitting random when I get to choose a trait.

I am particularly fond of your apocalypse. I went so far as to create flash cards with all the info, jobs on one side with hours skills required etc, and rules tied to it on the other side. I have a little card box on my desk with all my apoco flash cards in it. I even glued the little icons for the aspirations to my dice for random rolls rofl.

Cant wait!!

Vixen
  • Options
    PeektPeekt Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nice to see you back!! Looking forward to the challenge also. Though not sure how much time I'll be able to dedicate to doing it :(
  • Options
    AlecciaLinAlecciaLin Posts: 262 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never did the legacy thing on TS2, but I'm up for giving it a try on here!looking forward to seeing the rules and whatnot!^^
    This should be fun =3
  • Options
    Ladiiballa247Ladiiballa247 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So excited! hurry upppp.
  • Options
    Godsgirl33337Godsgirl33337 Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar here just checking in to see how everyone is enjoying the new game. Yes I may have dropped off the face of the simearth but I'm back.

I just wanted to announce that I am going to be making a Legacy Challenge for TS3. in fact it is currently in the writing and play testing phases at the moment.

I should have the rules posted within the next week or two.

As to what it will contain, I'm going to keep most of it a secret. If you are familiar with my Legacy Challenge for TS2 you'll be familiar with the theme and feel of the challenge, but there are some distinctly new aspects added to it (and quite a few bulky, annoying and cumbersome aspects stripped away too).

A hint for one of the new optional rules:

"Family Trait"

This sounds fun!
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2009
    Very excited about this. I need a challenge to do. I'm already rolling all my Sims traits, so I've got lots of practice in :lol: !!
  • Options
    wamberellawamberella Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds great!

The first thing I did was make a family and start working on my own little 10 generation challenge, just because I think it's the best way to get used to the game mechanics and see how the genetics work. I'm on the fourth generation (toddler) right now, but I need some gen 2 people to start dying off so these simmies can breed for the mom's big family lifetime achievement! :lol:
  • Options
    wicca43wicca43 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar:

Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EvaLovesDanEvaLovesDan Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know when the rules are due to come out?? Too excited :):)
  • Options
    SilverWordzSilverWordz Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This sounds like a lot of fun.

I only dabbled with Sims and Sims2, and never really checked out the community forums for either. But I'm fully addicted to Sims3 right now, and a 10 generation challenge certainly sounds like a fun goal to attempt. All these rules sound intriguing!

Dunno if I'll be able to complete it, but it'll be fun to try.

Thanks for organizing it! :D
  • Options
    AugustMarieAugustMarie Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sweet...and I like the idea of this family trait (has a guess at what that means) might start implementing that idea in one of my families now.
  • Options
    JustPeachyJustPeachy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can't wait to take part in the Legacy thing. Never did it for Sims2. Looking forward to it. :)
  • Options
    fuchsiarascalfuchsiarascal Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This sounds like a lot of fun.

I only dabbled with Sims and Sims2, and never really checked out the community forums for either. But I'm fully addicted to Sims3 right now, and a 10 generation challenge certainly sounds like a fun goal to attempt. All these rules sound intriguing!

Dunno if I'll be able to complete it, but it'll be fun to try.

Thanks for organizing it! :D

Same here. Even though I've been playing the Sims since the first game came out, I've never done anything serious like this so I'm excited to see if I can! Usually if I try to play a game without any cheats, I get bored with just taking care of their basic needs. :lol:
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited June 2009
    Definitely excited for this! Was thinking of how it could be done, thanks to all the new traits, but I'm sure Pinstar (aka Genius!) will come up with something great! :D :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on