Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm really looking forward to this too! I never finished the TS2 Legacies I started due to computer issues and/or game bugs. I hope that wont happen this time around. I wouldn't doubt it though if houses end up with all kind of glitches after a couple generations, so hopefully moving into a fresh lot will be permitted. Sometimes the game just gets unplayable, and that's disappointing when you've worked hard on generations of a family.

I love it that there's a randomize button when you're given the choice of traits for the sims aging up. I already hit that button everytime so that I don't get stuck using the most advantageous traits all the time. I'm loving discovering new things!

I'd start already but I need at least the basic rules :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    EvaLovesDanEvaLovesDan Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I need those rules, come on........my sims don't have all virtual day.

XOXO
  • Options
    xSelfAdhesivexSelfAdhesive Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never got that far with the Legacy Challenge for Sims 2, but hopefully I'll make it this time :)

I already made my starter sim and moved her into an empty lot so I can build my house from scratch, but there'll probably be a rule for the size of lot? ^^"

And then when she started to do well in her career and I decided it was time to start dating... I ended up making her a boyfriend and moving him in instead of choosing a pre-existing Sim ^^" I can't help it, I never liked my Sims marrying someone I didn't see fit for them. So I think I've failed already~

But I'm still going to try to stick the generation rules when the come out :D looking forward to it!
  • Options
    bekah130885bekah130885 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2009
    The furthest I got with TS2 was G8. Hopefully, I'll be able to go all the way with TS3 because I do think that the expansion packs and rules were a slight hindrance to the challenge - meaning, it just took longer and I'm impatient. :wink:

I can't wait to start this one (I may actually make my founder right now... there's my impatience again!) from a fresh new game and no expansions etc.

So I hope you get your computer fixed soon, Pinstar!! It's like *patiently* waiting for Christmas, but never knowing when Christmas will be. :-D :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I never got that far with the Legacy Challenge for Sims 2, but hopefully I'll make it this time :)

I already made my starter sim and moved her into an empty lot so I can build my house from scratch, but there'll probably be a rule for the size of lot? ^^"

And then when she started to do well in her career and I decided it was time to start dating... I ended up making her a boyfriend and moving him in instead of choosing a pre-existing Sim ^^" I can't help it, I never liked my Sims marrying someone I didn't see fit for them. So I think I've failed already~

But I'm still going to try to stick the generation rules when the come out :D looking forward to it!

Naughty!! :wink::lol:
  • Options
    LawMyLoveLawMyLove Posts: 181 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never got round to playing a legacy challenge, but I'm definitely up for it now!
  • Options
    BerkleyJLBerkleyJL Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay Pinstar!

Will you be updating the Legacy Challenge website? I still have it in my favorites. Since you're working on updating the rules, I'll stop thinking about how I could tweak them to work with TS3.

Guess it's time to dust off my names lists...gonna be a Byrd Legacy: Girls can be Mynah, Sparrow, etc. Boys can be Jay, Oriole... I guess Robin could go either way, eh?

hehe, now I can't wait!

Bookmarking this thread to watch for Pinstar's announcement...
  • Options
    JixiJixi Posts: 733 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! I have always played my familys this way even before there was an "official" challenge to it. Sims 3 so far makes it much easier to play a legacy and allow family members not a part of the legacy lot to grow with their siblings!
  • Options
    BigBadBrat5BigBadBrat5 Posts: 971 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I cant wait to see what you've come up with,Pinstar.
  • Options
    AlverPrydeAlverPryde Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! I'm excited. Never managed to finish a Sims 2 legacy. Though I was one generation away from an apocalypse when my computer decided to die on me v_v....Still not quite over that, lol.
  • Options
    RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! :mrgreen:
    I can't wait! :)
    I completed the Legacy Challenge for TS2, but did not keep track of pionts. :(
    But this time I will!
    Yay for Legacies!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    BerkleyJL wrote:
    Yay Pinstar!

Will you be updating the Legacy Challenge website? I still have it in my favorites. Since you're working on updating the rules, I'll stop thinking about how I could tweak them to work with TS3.

Guess it's time to dust off my names lists...gonna be a Byrd Legacy: Girls can be Mynah, Sparrow, etc. Boys can be Jay, Oriole... I guess Robin could go either way, eh?

hehe, now I can't wait!

Bookmarking this thread to watch for Pinstar's announcement...

Ahhh, nice idea with the names! I use US states or state capitals! (Surname is usually Legacy, State or Capital).

Actually, earlier I printed out a list of all the states, cut them into individual names, separated them equally into male/female categories, folded all the pieces of paper so I can't tell which is which and put the females into one pot and males into another. :D Then I will pick them randomly as and when a sim is born!

My founder is Florida Legacy (F). :wink:
  • Options
    jennyfromtherezjennyfromtherez Posts: 242 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yahoo! I was just beginning a legit legacy challenge in sims2 when sims3 came out. In my sims2 legacy I'm only on the first born child, who is still a child. I don't have enough hours in the day to play sims2 and then go and plays sims 3 and then go to the forums. So for now my sims2 is just there. Actually my six year old is still enjoying creating families and homes in the sims 2 and just clogging it all up with abandoned families that don't have roofs and toilets outside and fridges in the middle of the living room. Oh but I digress. I'm so bad about that!
  • Options
    AndywastakenAndywastaken Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't wait for this! :)
    I never completed, or got very far in fact, with the Sims 2, but this game seems more in tune with the legacy idea... So hopefully I'll manage it this time round :D
  • Options
    Pastalover587Pastalover587 Posts: 978 New Member
    edited June 2009
    oh this sounds like fun. can't wait!
  • Options
    JavertimeJavertime Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im so stoked for this, honestly I cannot wait.
  • Options
    HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited June 2009
    oh yay! I'm excited! & oooooh yay, an excuse for making all my Sims family-oriented xD
  • Options
    LightressLightress Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2009
    This looks really fun. Never really did foruming for the sims 2, so I've never done a Legacy Challenge. Can't wait for it to start. ^^
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar!!! *Hugs*

Can't wait to try out the sims 3 legacy challenge xD!!! Now i can finally have 40000000 children a generation and not have to worry about aging them ^___^

i'll bookmark the legacy site.
  • Options
    pah3pah3 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never did my own Legacy for TS2, but I always enjoyed reading about them. Now with neighborhood aging and the separate save slots, I might have to give one a try and post my own Legacy story. :)

I'm ready to get started! Let us have those rules!!! :lol:
  • Options
    shirleyfriberg31shirleyfriberg31 Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited June 2009
    Cant wait!

Thanks in advance for giving such awsome challenges! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Grobanite113Grobanite113 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Very exciting! I look forward to it!! :)
  • Options
    iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh yay! i was actually going to start searching for some proper ts3 legacy rules. good to see someone's going to be putting them together!
  • Options
    simstar5simstar5 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    im excited to do this, ive never heard of it before
    i cant wait to start
    when will it start does anyone know?
  • Options
    Lexiesim1Lexiesim1 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im so excited! Thanx so much pinstar