Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collaboration: Untitled World.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sounds good. I'll probably be finishing the first peasant home tomorrow - I'll try to get it uploaded and have a few pictures on here so you can see the kinds of houses and sims I'll be making. I tried to stick to BG and WA for it :) I'll also try and figure out roughly where I want the house placed. Decisions, decisions :P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Screenshot-15.jpg

Here is the lot I have been working on. It is meant to be a peasant home - there is one large bedroom in the basement with a double bed, a single bed, and a crib. I may make a few changes to it - but this is the general idea. I'm thinking it should go somewhere in the N4 area (bottom right) but I haven't decided if I want it along the river or not.
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Looks good! :mrgreen:

Where I am now, there's a lot of that European stuff that too me looks like it could pass as TS3 fantasy, and I'm hoping I can duplicate the lands. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That sounds like so much fun!

Here is the link to the finished house: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7358515
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, just thought I should let you know as far as porting sims into the game - you cannot do that with the sims in houses or even in households. They cannot have relationships, jobs or anything when they are made - so they need to all be separate for the porter mod to move them in and such. You use the mods to assign them relationships and jobs and such - it cannot be done in cas. I give sims for other creators to use in their worlds and learned the hard way - you just save one sim from cas at a time - don't use store content or CC on the sims. Also do not do ghost or mummy sims because it will mess up the game. Even though we have the ability to make ghost sims in CAS, the game will not allow ghost to be added - ghosts can only be a part of the game naturally by playing the game, letting the sim die, etc, etc.

Kiwi Tea who developed the porting of sims in this game even tested the new CAS one and told me it is still a no go.

So what you are going to have to do is make your sim and give them a name and the traits one at a time, separate from the house. Give the family members all the same last name, name the house with the family name so that will help TRachet when he has to port them all into the houses once he places the houses and then can assign their relationships and jobs if any. RA345 - you best bet is to keep notes, that you can give to TRachet when he is ready to start adding the sims.

It is not easy, and has to be done with care, as sims cannot be doing anything when they are ported or they get corrupted and will corrupt the world as well. Don't forget EA does not use CAW and they program in their sims so all the info is in the programming and not just on the sim package. They could not give us a way to add the sims because of course we cannot go in the game programming like they can.

Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg, thank you for the information on how to port. As you can tell, neither of us have done that before but are excited to do so. I will keep notes to make sure everything is kept in one easy place.

This project is so exciting! I was fine with having an empty town that I would build and move in sims myself, but this seems so much better.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There are complete step by step instructions over at modthesims in their CAW section. Look for both Simsample and Kiwi Teas posts there - and it should explain things completely and save you from have to write so much. I would just copy and paste the info on a notepad and keep it on your desktop for reference.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Will do. We have a ways to go before we hit that point though - I think I'm going to switch to doing community lots for a while until school winds down a bit.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it will be the last thing done after the world is completely finished and tested, and all things are fixed that testing reveals - final routing is rebuilt, then you can start adding the sims and their relationships to their already placed and tested houses. You can't technically have sims in CAW, so you do need all the work finished. I just figured you needed to know so you have all the houses finished to be placed and tested during building, and you have all the sims made separately - but give them all the same last name and name the house they belong to the same name, that way it will make sense to TRachet when he is porting them in and assigning their relationships and such.

I did not know families could not be together and such, and when people wanted sims for their worlds I was making families. Finally it was Quailhog that said no more families that they needed to be ported in one at a time - so it just makes a ton of work for the one porting them I guess.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Going to work on another home today :) Hopefully I manage to get it done wither today or tomorrow.