Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collaboration: Untitled World.

Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
Hello, welcome to the thread! TRachet and I are working together to create a world that I had in my head. I even dreamed about it was so bad! TRachet is doing the CAW work while I will be doing building and sims, and I am so excited about this project!

It is slightly fantasy, though only a light touch. The idea is for it to have mountains, a waterfall, and a river leading out to the sea. There will be a small place for werewolves to reside, a beach type area for fairies, and a slightly spooky area for witches. :)

As of now, I do not have a clue what I want to name this world. If you have any ideas, let us know :)

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2013
    Moon Valley by Elle is a roadless world built specifically for fairies and other supernaturals and royals.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/599170.page

ETA - Your chance to get someone to work that long on a request world is very slim. Like for example this Moon Valley took 8 months by a very expert builder - like other builders here she made it for herself and then shared it. So you should try this one, and if it does not suit your fancy keep looking as not many builders choose to build without roads and actually get it right - as the game is programmed to have roads - but this world does hold together great unlike most other roadless ones I have tested.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, I actually already have Moon Valley and while a nice world, it doesn't really fit what I want. I'll keep trying to create the world myself but CAW doesn't seem to want to. I don't need them to build me any lots - I can do that myself. Maybe someone will come out with an empty, roadless world that will work. :) Still hoping.
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi! This sounds like it could be fun to build!

I was going to simply help you, but I'm going to be away for a month. I do have a few days to spare, however. :wink:

Do you think that you can upload some pictures, or a self made map to show some further detail? If it is not overly complicated, I would love to take a shot at this for you!

(Oh, and a list of lot sizes that you would want would be awesome, too.) :)
    edited May 2013
    I can definitely do that! :) Give me a few minutes to upload the map (I already have a rough one drawn up)
    edited May 2013
    IMG-20130529-01212.jpg

Rough map of what I want this world to look like :) I can start making a more detailed one tonight. The small dotted line coming down from the Castle is the path (a winding one just seems cooler to me) and the large dotted lines are just for me to remember certain "districts" same as the circled area for the Withes, Fairies and Werewolves. I'll make sure I'm online so if you have questions about my terrible drawing you can ask :):mrgreen::lol:
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I have a few questions, though.

You don't want roads?

Distant Terrain is designed to work with large maps. Do you want to forget about it or would you like me to bump up the map size?

What kind of influences would you like in each district? This would include the type of trees, colors, terrain.
    For example, I was picking up a light terrain with a dark "spray" here and there with coniferous trees to fulfill the forest look with a rocky beach for the "Fairy Beach/Forest. (That was just an example.)

And about the lots. Do the "C"'s stand for "community"? In the blank spots I can make sure it's flat and rotatable so you can place more if you wish.

And no, this map is fine! :lol:
    edited May 2013
    We can just ditch the distant terrain - I just figured I had too much empty space. I was hoping to only have footpaths to keep away the cars in this town.

Well, my larger districts (as in the larger dots) are Political, Military, Business, and the run down area from when the science facility blew up years ago. I'll load up my game to look at trees and stuff. Its mostly forest area if that helps for now :) I was thinking fern/pine with a few of the trees from lunar lakes to add a touch of fantasy (especially around the fairy and witch areas) My poorer area should have more rock, while other areas are very lush and green.

The C's do stand for Community. I have been planning out where I want which community lots - the blank ones (and the Castle, N1, N2, N3 & N4) are residences. I'll be wanting to add more :) This was just a basic one for community lots.
    edited May 2013
    Sounds good! :)

Footpaths sound good to me. I'll probably blend in a sidewalk so there isn't any routing issue.

I'll try to come up with a base map tonight. (I have more free time then I know what to do with) :lol:
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much! Would you like me to edit the map I gave you to include other residences? Or roughly where footpaths could go?
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is your world, so I'm going to say yes so you get what you want. :)
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I'll make sure I have it done for you sometime tomorrow. :D This is so exciting!
    edited May 2013
    Ok! Until then, I'll do some experimenting with some textures. I already tested a type of mountain but I think it's too.... modern? :lol:

Just to clarify: I may not finish the world before I leave. Are you comfortable with this?
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it will give me time to build lots for the world if it isn't finished before you leave. :)
  • bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Can I make a lot? :D
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to bother you again, but I think I found a possible mountain type.

Now, you can change anything about it. But I think that highlighting the sharper points, instead of doing the whole thing, will add a more fantasy feeling to it.

Now, I put some trees on it to show how it could look more like distant terrain. I also think that when I put the ini files in, it'll look awesome. I also plan on adding more detail to it, such as dirt and smaller plants.

So, here it is:
    Capture_zpsb986dc7a.png

Please let me know if you could work with this. I think in the actual map, I would make them taller, especially where the castle will sit. (And it won't have such an awkward oval shape). :lol:
    edited May 2013
    boggleman: If you like, what kind of building were you hoping to make?

TRachet: I actually really, really like it! :lol: and I certainly hope the mountain won't have the awkward oval shape - my drawing skills are that epic ;):lol: I've nearly finished the full map (with all the lots and sizes), I'll upload it tomorrow since we have company over.
    edited May 2013
    IMG-20130530-01214.jpg

If there is something you can't read - let me know.

Could we make the Werewolf area slightly darker than the rest of the world? Whether it's using more trees or darker paints or something. The witch area should have mostly dead trees if that works - I want both these areas to seem slightly creepy - especially the witches since they would have been considered dangerous people who worked for "the dark lord" and I want that to be reflected in where they live.
    edited May 2013
    Oh, how detailed! Awesome!

And yes! I'll try to work up some things. I'll probably have some done tonight. I really want to make the mountains detailed, though. So it may not look the best. :P

See you soon! :wink:
    edited May 2013
    I look forward to it :)
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking of calling the Florin, what do you think? :) Looking forward to seeing what you get done - I've already redesigned a building to become a monastery, and found the perfect hospital. If I have time tonight I'm going to start building some of the 10x10 homes for my peasants. So exciting!
    edited June 2013
    It is exciting! :mrgreen:

But, it's my time to depart on my trip. :( While on my trip, I won't have access to the world file, so I'll be looking up various influences. The work I have done in CAW is very.... bland. I wish to make it look more detailed before I really start showing it. :oops:

I can't wait to see your homes! That should give me a little vivid insight! :mrgreen:

Once again, my apologies. I am still up for building the world when I get back!

Talk to you soon!
    edited June 2013
    That's fine - I start school tomorrow so I can build some stuff in my free time. Maybe you'll be able to put a few of my lots in the world before it is uploaded :) Have fun on your trip!

Edit: Do you know how to put sims into a world/occupied homes? I don't want to place families in the homes if we can't include them when I can make the two separately.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    I've been dying to test it out! It will require mods. I'm usually against them, but this is only CAW. So, I'll read up on it. :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    Okay :) I'm not sure if I should be uploading homes and sims together as households or separately. If you find out which would make it easier please let me know.
    edited June 2013
    From what I read, it's a little easier to have it separated. :mrgreen: