Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Witches in TS4 = The Witches Hat.

The End.
    raw
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    I love all these ideas about Witches, Though I would like them to be exactly like The Sims 3 except for one thing, It wouldn't be a Lifestate, don't get me wrong but I loved the Witches/Wizards in The Sims 3, In fact all of my Sims had some to have some magical abilities (even if it meant making Hybrid Sims). I don't want to make hybrid sims just to be able to use magic, instead it could be solely a skill that you could gain (like from a Wand [which there could be many designs and stats like The Sims 3 wands] or even a reward trait like the Magic Hands Reward Trait from The Sims 3) just don't make it into a lifestate for the sake of Lifestates other then Witches being able to do magic!!!!

If that's the case they should give human sims the ability to be a high level magician, but no one should be able to use a witches powers and not be a witch, that defeats the purpose, just like no one should be able to turn into a werewolf or bat unless they are those lifestates. Sims 2 supernaturals were the best.

The reason for me to say this because your Witch/Wizard Sim COULD NOT be a hybrid with other occults (Example-Witch/Fairy, Vampire/Witch, Werewolf/Witch), I never said they wouldn't ever be a which, when you think of a Witch/Wizard in many fantasy related stuff, the Witch/Wizard Is ultimately HUMAN (or some other creature like a Vampire, but ultimately they are 100% Human). Just because you know magic doesn't mean your not Human, after all, we hear stories like the Sorcerers Apprentice, where the Old Wizard teaches a young student how to do magic. And besides, the stuff Magicians use is pretty much visual tricks or some kind of stage magic, we never see real magicians use real magic, if that were the case then magicians would be unbelievably famous, or downright criminals chased by the government to experiment and learn how he does his unbelievable feats.
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I don't like the sims 2 version that much,I do think there could be dark magic and regular magic just not like you can only do dark or neutral and no cross that's it.
    1. They do the stereotype that witches are either good or evil, the sims 3 gave you all the spells u had to learn and let you choose (maybe your super nice but if someone dies or something you go darkish or your a teen and you wanna play tricks but your not evil for it)
    2. They could never leave their with outfit (as far I I've seen) you could never just wear normal clothes.
    I think the original post that was made was absolutely perfect I know EA would never add all of that but I think it was wonderful (very American Horror Story) that shows concept of witches was my favorite (except the males rarely being witches) I mean there are no clear good witches and bad witches, Fiona Goode (the main antagonist) isn't all evil, she does do good things with her magic( like bring that baby and Queeny back to life) and Nan wasn't so pure either, she was a sweet girl who used her magic from mostly good but made the neighbor drink bleach(the neighbor did horrible things) with mind control. What I'm trying to say is, people aren't only black and white, they are grey. So don't do witches that can only do good magic or bad. Do it exactly how the original commenter did. It's better and more fun where some witches are stronger than others and some witches can do things that other witches can't. And I think that the lifetime wish for all of the powers is perfect
  • Options
    I also think hybrids should be in the game
  • Options
    I don't wanna ask for too much but I would also love if they did a whole supernatural world you can only go to through magic, honestly I'd love a whole expansion pack just for witches and magic. Like makin magic, only better
  • Options
    AuricchiaAuricchia Posts: 59 Member
    @MasonGamer I missed your post, sorry.
    Yes, but if they do witches, fairies etc like some sort of "races" (like aliens), cas.fulleditmode won't change your existing sims. Right now you can't change you existing sim into an alien, and my fear is that they could do something like this for all the "races"
    @Nymesand on Twitter nymesims4 on Instagram
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Auricchia wrote: »
    Yes, but if they do witches, fairies etc like some sort of "races" (like aliens), cas.fulleditmode won't change your existing sims. Right now you can't change you existing sim into an alien, and my fear is that they could do something like this for all the "races"

Yikes, I wasn't aware they did it like that. hopefully that changes, because that was what I was going to do, as soon as we got them, Turn all my sims into the supernaturals... You'd think fulleditmode means Full Edit.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NekoEsmahhNekoEsmahh Posts: 37 Member
    YEss! I'd also love to see the Fortune teller career ! That'd be so cool!
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2016

In TS3 you couldn't turn your Sim into an alien either. You COULD turn them into any other supernatural though. I'm not sure WHY aliens get all this weird special treatment...and then they are already in TS4 but still nary a vampire or witch in sight! :(
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

The End.

The Sequel: The Sims 4 Supernatural
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Witches and Vampires are my favorite life states so I really hope those two come back
  • Options
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »

The End.

The Sequel: The Sims 4 Supernatural

Oh how I hope you are right. I keep haunting these forums in hope of some hint of a Supernatural release one of these days.
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    Witches and Vampires are my favorite life states so I really hope those two come back

It's hard for me to believe this game has been going so long without them.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »

In TS3 you couldn't turn your Sim into an alien either. You COULD turn them into any other supernatural though. I'm not sure WHY aliens get all this weird special treatment...and then they are already in TS4 but still nary a vampire or witch in sight! :(

Hmm, I feel like that should be a thing, When using the fulledit cheat, to be able to edit your sim fully... including shaping life states.

Aliens are in the game but I feel like they need to be expanded upon. Mainly in Create a sim department.
    and Ghosts need the power to possess sims, and animals when time comes.

Hopefully a Sorcerer, and Werewolf and Vampires are in the near future.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    luked522luked522 Posts: 39 Member
    As posted earlier on this thread, I believe that Sims 4 witches should be more like Makin' Magic witches than Sims 2 or 3 witches. They should be able to enchant things to clean or garden and children should be able to cast spells although more limited.
  • Options
    Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    Your ideas are awesome.
    I loved TS3's Genies too. Their mind control was so good. I think they should have more power. I need a Magic-based EP for TS4 with Fairies, Witch and Genies.
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    If they bring back witches I want them to be like the sims 2 witches. I was not very happy with the sims 3 witches whatsoever.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want Good witches or Evil witches. I want witches that cast spells for what ever they need. I don't want a good witch that casts one bad spell to be suddenly evil, or vice versa. And no green skin and wear what I want them to wear. And no riding brooms a foot off the ground, I'd rather pop in and out.
  • Options
    TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    @Rinchan7;10842990"

I love the idea of a world with a 'secret entrance' --wouldn't that be awesome!
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    1OInbye.png
    I realize this is a long-since dead thread, but it was the first one I found so I thought I would share this leaked survey image.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I find it horrifying. I'm indifferent to the witch style, other than being able to customize the style entirely. The potions look fine, though it would be nice to be able to make potions on the stove, similar to herbalism. Perhaps just with a cauldron that gives some sort of speed boost or extra skill gain.

The part that scares me is the magic broom section. In the GP description it says "cast spells with your magical broom". Meaning, Sims will whip out their ridiculous straw broom every time you tell them to do a spell. This just sounds completely awful. Personally, I want to see my witch Sims using magic with their hands, but wands are tolerable. I agree with previous posters that the brooms in general are tacky, and I wouldn't miss them if we never saw them in another Sims game, but to make them the central focus of the whole pack? No way. There's not even any witch lore that I know of that uses brooms for spell casting. Honestly, if they release the witch pack for TS4 and you have to use brooms to do anything more than occasionally ride it, I will never touch Sims 4 again. Project Vie, here I come.

What I would like to see them do with witches is to give them spell trees--maybe three or four to choose from. When I say trees, I'm thinking something like the skill trees in Skryim. You have to spend points to get the entry level perk of each tree, and from there you choose to allocate your points into different spells. They could do contrasting trees, such as fire/ice and light/dark, so that people can do a light/dark witch if they want, but others can do a more neutral witch too. When you commit to taking one tree, you can't take others (or can't take the opposing tree), so that you're forced to make decisions that will impact your gameplay. Witches could be categorized by their skill type to to other witches as well, so a dark witch would naturally be mean to a light witch, etc. As I said, wands are tolerable... but it would be far more impressive to watch witches just use their hands to wield their magic. Pulling out a wand to cast spells is a bit tacky too, and I feel like if the Grim Reaper can have a tablet, witches shouldn't be forced to use wands (or BROOMS) to cast their spells.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited February 2017
    Some people will want to make old crones with nose warts that ride brooms. Others will want a Samantha Stephens type of witch, while others will just want to create their own idea of witches like the Charmed ones.

I don't think they meant to use the broom instead of a wand. I think maybe they meant that there are spells that might be tied to broom skills like vampires can turn to a bat, run super fast or turn to mist in order to travel. Maybe simply buying a broom doesn't make you automatically a proficient rider, but study and spells and "on broom" practice are required.

As for fending off other sims, maybe it can be used as a weapon that attacks like an eagle going for food or a sword on it's own or just pokes sims in the behind until they go away. Sort of like Doctor Strange's cape.
  • Options
    ChibiFeliciaChibiFelicia Posts: 2 New Member
    I've only read up to page four of this thread, sorry if my ideas were mentioned earlier.

I do not like the idea of restrictive alignments. Maybe alongside magic skill, there could be (hidden?) skills "light magic" and "dark magic". Your could level up both of them, but you level in both of them would be limited so that the sum of them can add to up to twice your magic level. At level 6 magic you can be level 4 light magic and level 8 dark magic to add up to 12. At level 10 magic, you can be level 10 light magic and level ten dark magic. "Magic" skill would increase the likelihood of success (plus power and longevity) at casting a spell, and unlock increasingly powerful neutral spells, while alignment skills would just unlock new spells and interactions like resurrecting a zombie for dark magic and a living sims for light magic, and autonomous cackling for idle evil witches.

Covens could be long-term groups of at least three witches. When multiple witches work together, they can cast spells from higher levels (x+y=z, where x= sum of magic levels divided by number of witches, y= number of witches, and z= accomplish-able level) at accomplish-able levels greater than 10 the spells cast and charms made get increased longevity and power associated with that level that is not normally achievable.

Edits: typos

Yes! this! maybe give your allignment some effects, like other sims will be distrustfull of your sim if their Evil Magic skill is high, but I don't want my allignment to interfere with what magic I can, can't or am allowed to do, I think I should be allowed to decide what spells to learn and perform, no matter if it's "evil" or "good" (what do you mean my evil witch can't heal her pet because a "healing" spell is a "good" spell?!)

and I definetly don't want my allignment affecting my everyday look. maybe their "dark mode" like with vampires, but I really would want to choose that myself instead. I love the idea of supernatural sims hiding in plain sight and for bad witches to walk around in green skin, kind of defeats that idea.

Also, I saw a few of you mention not being able to turn existing sims supernatural, this IS possible. you CAN change existing sims to a supernatural lifestate of your choice.
    they explain it deeper in this thread:
    forums. thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/860263/turn-alien-into-human-cheat-found-make-sim-alien-cheat
    (I'm sorry I can't post links yet, so I put a space inbetween forums. and thesims)

I quote from that thread
    Luke111 wrote: »
    Testingcheats on

then type in:
    traits.remove_trait trait_OccultAlien

This will make the Alien into a Human, and it's Human disguise will become the actual sim. (This also comes in handy if you get an alien baby but don't want to give it up.)

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien will make a human sim an alien.

*THIS ALSO WORKS FOR GHOSTS, JUST REPLACE "OccultAlien" WITH THE NAME OF THE TYPE OF GHOST YOU WANT*
  • Options
    princesspatty1983princesspatty1983 Posts: 8 New Member
    I really hope they do witches ***
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    I don't like the sims 2 version that much,I do think there could be dark magic and regular magic just not like you can only do dark or neutral and no cross that's it.
    1. They do the stereotype that witches are either good or evil, the sims 3 gave you all the spells u had to learn and let you choose (maybe your super nice but if someone dies or something you go darkish or your a teen and you wanna play tricks but your not evil for it)
    2. They could never leave their with outfit (as far I I've seen) you could never just wear normal clothes.
    I think the original post that was made was absolutely perfect I know EA would never add all of that but I think it was wonderful (very American Horror Story) that shows concept of witches was my favorite (except the males rarely being witches) I mean there are no clear good witches and bad witches, Fiona Goode (the main antagonist) isn't all evil, she does do good things with her magic( like bring that baby and Queeny back to life) and Nan wasn't so pure either, she was a sweet girl who used her magic from mostly good but made the neighbor drink bleach(the neighbor did horrible things) with mind control. What I'm trying to say is, people aren't only black and white, they are grey. So don't do witches that can only do good magic or bad. Do it exactly how the original commenter did. It's better and more fun where some witches are stronger than others and some witches can do things that other witches can't. And I think that the lifetime wish for all of the powers is perfect

For #2 you could. Upon transformation their clothes will change into wicca, but you can always change their clothing back to normal by "plan outfit" with the dresser and on the mirrow (to remove pointy hat).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    Omg Yes! I want this sooo bad! When I saw they came out with vampires I was kinda hoping they would have dont witches instead!!!