Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Riverdale Version 3- Now Featured!***

DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
NEW: Now featured! Its been 3 years since one of my worlds has been featured. Im pleased. 8)

Wow, what a long, strange trip its been. :D

I still don't know what happened to the first upload. It has been deleted and a new upload has been successful.
File: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7485707

First, there are no earth-shattering changes. Many lot repairs are being done to eliminate some funky routing. Many other lots have been refurbished.

There are 101 residential lots and 58 commercial lots for a total of 159 lots. Ive had a population of just over 150 without any lag or other problems. So far...

The largest changes are, of course, the addition of Showtime, Supernatural, and Seasons lots. I did not add the largest of the Showtime venues due to space limitations. I also did not include a werewolf bar. There are plenty of other evening venues. The only University lot added is a Bowling alley.

>>Edit:

I have placed one of EAs parks from Generations, but I have altered it. Ive also used one of the Festival grounds as the County fairgrounds, it too has been altered to fit.

There is only one 64x64 empty lot. Shropshire castle occupies the other one and may be easily deleted. In fact, there is only a small handful of vacant lots; a few 20x30,30x40,and the 64x64. I got build happy and kept building new lots.:D

Sylvester's and Mongo's Karaoke are of course re-colors of EA lots. They have been changed to have bars as well as entertainment. Performance park fit so well, I didn't change a thing.

<<End Edit

Some pics:

Maggie's Salon and Tattoo were torn down and replaced by Striker's Bowl-a-Rama.
screenshot_original.jpg

The County Fairgrounds is out near the Nectary.
screenshot_original.jpg

Style-Plus built a new store.
screenshot_original.jpg

The Old Mill is a popular destination for hikers or equestrians. Any season.
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Snow really changes the look.
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

It will probably be another week until it is ready. Im being quite meticulous in making sure every lot is flaw-free. ;)

Comments

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    Look forward to giving it a go when you are done.The snow shots look like postcard pics.
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow looking very nice so far. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited May 2013
    Docsprock, it's looking very nice! I am sorry to say I've never found the time to really check out any of your worlds. After you built Myklos last year I found myself busy with other things for the rest of the year and I finally had time to open up the game in March of this year - an entire year of not building nor playing the game!

So, I am looking forward to having some time this year to play some of your worlds, including Myklos. You do wonderful work. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Real-life has got in the way of finishing this. But, Im back on track. Hopefully this will be released this weekend.

A few more pics:

Shropshire Castle. The most expensive lot in town.
    screenshot_original.jpg

In winter.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Siamese Horses?
    screenshot_original.jpg

Some of the old cruddy buildings have been replaced in the 'bad' part of town.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The coffee shop got moved to the outskirts of town.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2013
    It is looking very good. I like what you are doing. Bookmarked. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Rukaya. ;)

Ive been playing it for 3 generations so far, and fixing any little routing problems along the way.

I currently have about 200 sims living here without even a hiccup of lag. Most routing problems Im finding are unlocked npc doors in the high-rises.

Also making sure all res lots have fridge/bed/crib. Rebuilding many venues as well.

Here are a few new pics:

Some general overview shots showing the whole layout.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited June 2013
    Riverdale is looking mighty fine, Doc! You really do beautiful work. I'm curious. Which of your worlds is your favorite and why? If you can't decide, that's okay too. Good luck at achieving perfection! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think Riverdale is my favorite, closely followed by 25 Palms and Narvik. Each of those 3 seem 'organic'. Like people would actually build a town on that site.

This will also mark the first time Im getting a world ready for everyone else. I already have a fine running Riverdale v3, but Im trying to make it run fine for the masses. (Which I never really cared about before).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1st post updated. ;)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow, its looking terrific Docsprock. I love the pics with the snow, they look gorgeous! I play a lot of tropical or desert games, so I rarely see the snow, but those pics make me want to.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I remove winter when I play 25 Palms, or any tropical/desert world. Or at least turn it down to just a few days. I live in the desert, and Ive seen snow on the ground a few times.:D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    Looking good Doc - the world I mean. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, this has turned into a 'rebuild' of Riverview. I really am very close to finishing though.

Here are more pics:

Serene waterway.
    screenshot_original.jpg

New beach area.
    screenshot_original.jpg

No umbrella townie.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Trail to Hidden Pond.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Ranch Row. There are 8 horse properties available.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looking forward to your updated world. It's looking great so far. I just have 2 questions.

Will you be adding a dive lot or 2 to this version?

Will we need to uninstall Version 2 before installing version 3 or can we have both versions installed separately.
  • Options
    IngopingoIngopingo Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2013
    Love it! I wonder the same as Catmom, will there be diving lots and also islands and unlocked islands? And hotels? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No, no dive lots. I don't have that EP. This is current through University.

And yes, it can be installed concurrently with Version 2.
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited July 2013
    Disregard

I thought dive lots were dive dive bars.
  • Options
    TilariumTilarium Posts: 115 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks nice! I don't remember if I've played on any of the other versions or not but I'm looking forward to DLing and playing on this one. Is there any coastal area that pulls out into the sea? Dive spots from the new EP can be added in by the user pretty easy... maybe. If not, not a big concern.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh sure, there are 3 seaside beaches, one developed, one with just a firepit, and one large one with nothing but sand. It should be easy to add EP functions to any of them.

@musicman4365: There are several dive bars if that helps. ;)
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, Doc, for taking the time to update the world. I love it when a creator does that. It's looking good :D
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looks great! Thanks for all your hard work! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok, it is being uploaded right now. Finally.

I must say, this has been one of the most thorough re-builds Ive ever done. It has taken more time to update/replace/repair than to create the whole world to start with. There is also so much more I could do, but there has to be a finish line somewhere.

A lot has to do with the level of detail. Ive never gone into so much detail on any other world.

There were a LOT of routing fixes. Mostly with the high-rises. Every single lot has been gone over. Many lots have been replaced.

As for testing, Ive played about 120 hours over 14 exports. Ive had no routing issues with sims, but a few with horses. I cannot find where horses are getting stuck. :roll:

Fortunately, if I ever decide to update this town again, it shouldn't be very difficult.

Enjoy!

Note: I will provide the link on the first post after I can access it.

Edit: People are downloading it, but I cannot even see it. "Oops, your request cant be processed"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Roy974Roy974 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Docsprock wrote:
    Ok, it is being uploaded right now. Finally.

I must say, this has been one of the most thorough re-builds Ive ever done. It has taken more time to update/replace/repair than to create the whole world to start with. There is also so much more I could do, but there has to be a finish line somewhere.

A lot has to do with the level of detail. Ive never gone into so much detail on any other world.

There were a LOT of routing fixes. Mostly with the high-rises. Every single lot has been gone over. Many lots have been replaced.

As for testing, Ive played about 120 hours over 14 exports. Ive had no routing issues with sims, but a few with horses. I cannot find where horses are getting stuck. :roll:

Fortunately, if I ever decide to update this town again, it shouldn't be very difficult.

Enjoy!

Note: I will provide the link on the first post after I can access it.

Edit: People are downloading it, but I cannot even see it. "Oops, your request cant be processed"

Thanks for this world and all your hard work. I haven't played it yet, but from the images and your comments you obviously spent a lot of time listening to people and looking into issue's been reported.

Sadly it still says the same message when I try to look at the page, but at least we can download it.:D
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2013
    Found it and got it DL. Thanks for all your hard work on this. It looks like a gem! I will Rec when it will let me. Right now all it gives me is the "oops" statement that you are getting.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I can see that a few hundred people can download it. I wonder what the problem is this time? :roll: