Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I think EA could allow players to have religion without adding religion:

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    iTbone wrote:
    No clubs/cults please. My sims enjoy their peaceful, non-violent, and non-oppressive world. Especially my gay ones, black ones, and female ones.

Simple, just don't use the feature then your sims can live in their little bubble
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited July 2014
    IMeep, has a great idea. It could work. In a way it's like calling wine, nector.

Just have it so that as you set up your "club" you type in the name of the Club and select from user defined options. Sort of fill in the blank. If you wanted the "club" to resemble your particular religion you could. The bottom line is who is to know unless you yourself tell.

I must add that I liked the way they did it in Sims Medieval where the object of worship is you the player. Now if it could be set for your Sims to take up a collection where they present the player with Simpoints....!
  • Options
    FrostFlowerFrostFlower Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I quite like the "club" idea. Yes, it would allow people to add real or imaginary religions to their game (I'd personally like to bring the Sims Medieval religions into the present day), but it would also allow for a number of other new gameplay options as well. I could see it being used for fraternities or sororities, "secret" organizations, boy scouts or girl scouts, artisan guilds, book clubs, even the mafia or a crime ring. It can (and should) be a purely optional feature, so nobody would be forced to use it, but it would have so many potential uses. I'll be honest that I don't actually see them implementing a feature like this, but I really think they should.
  • Options
    LinaraYodLinaraYod Posts: 115 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think it's so sad that the mere mention of religion sends people into a tizzy.

Clearly the OP isn't saying that they should promote any one religion (or ANY religion, actually) he's suggesting an option that would allow players to pretend whatever grouping they'd like. Be it a bowling club, or the worshippers of Kali.

I saw the title and I knew that the thread would have the instant knee jerk reaction of "THERE CAN BE NO RELIGION".

Why is the idea of being religious so offensive nowadays? Wouldn't it be nice if we could respect each other's differences?

And as far as EA wouldn't risk offending some of it's fanbase? As far as I can tell, there's still a lot of people who are deeply offended by the same sex 'lifestyle'. EA didn't seem to back down from that...And I give them kudos for that.

I think this would be a positive way to give people the tools to add the spiritual aspect of life to their game. I have lovely churches in some of my neighborhoods that I'd love to utilize...

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    IMeep wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    princess star, Imeep is doing it in a way so you can have even no region in the game you want.

it ca be religious if you want it to be. But there can also be non-reglious examples (like maybe bowling league, book club, Camping group, maybe Scouting/Guding groups. right Imeep?) Its not neccassry have to be only religion..

Yes, correct. Thanks!

You had this on sims 3 and I liked the idea then. Anyway what ever kind of club I would make religious or not, it would only be in my game and no one other then my sims would be playing in it. In fact no one in the whole living world would know.
    I made a church in sims 3, in my game. so when I went to the church lot, other sims came and they went inside the church and sat down to read. I said to my self, they are reading their bible.
    When university came I added to podium and said they were preaching. did it bother anyone, no because none of you are in my game. Just like I do not know what is in your game.
    I like the idea.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    i think you mean:

Club Name : Catholicism
    Demonym : Catholic
    Demonym (P): Catholics
    Leader (M): Priest
    Leaders (M): Priests
    Leader (F): Not Applicable
    Leaders (F): Stop asking
    Symbol : (It would be up to you, I would choose a fish.)
  • Options
    CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited July 2014
    LinaraYod wrote:
    And as far as EA wouldn't risk offending some of it's fanbase? As far as I can tell, there's still a lot of people who are deeply offended by the same sex 'lifestyle'. EA didn't seem to back down from that...And I give them kudos for that.

THIS. This EXACTLY.

Its ok to offend one sect because they are bigots and intolerant, but it isn't ok to offend the other... because?

I don't care HOW anyone plays there own game, but I would love to have a meaningful way to have faith/religion/spirituality used in the game.

And clubs... I like this idea. In another forum, I had mentioned once adding a lot type that gives a special moodlet for spending time on it - going with the club idea, it could be a clubhouse and the moodlet could be something like "included" or some such thing... Don't know.

My original idea involved a "Spiritual" trait that people could use or not use and a lot that could have anything built on it that gave "spiritual" sims a moodlet for having spent time on that lot.

Anyone could build anything on it - a church, a mosque, a synagogue... OR a labyrinth, a garden, or golf club =p Heck, it could be a fishing spot for the spiritual angler!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope the sims has some kind of fan clubs or fan groups then some modder can convert these to religion!

I want religion but I know EA wont even add them. Your idea is very neat

In Sims 3 there are groups, surprised no modder modeed them and convert them to religion yet
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif