Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Online return will be announced on Monday?

ยซ13
According to international fansites Platinum Simmers, SimCookie & SimTimes, EAโ€™s โ€˜The Sims Teamโ€™ will be โ€œmaking a big announcement for The Sims Seriesโ€ on May 6th, 2013. Clear your calendars folks!

In an official email sent out to select fansites worldwide, EA states they will be setting up a conference call with all invitees to โ€œhear directly from one of the developers about the exciting piece of news!โ€.

EA has also stated that after this conference call, all invitees โ€œwill receive a brand new image to accompany this special occasionโ€, which they will be getting โ€œapproximately three hours before the rest of the worldโ€.

Mass emails? Approval for fansites to hype up the event? Big announcement? Conference calls? Special occasion? What could it possibly be!?
http://simsvip.com/2013/05/03/ea-to-make-big-announcement-for-the-sims/

BRING IT ON :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope it's not more EPs for TS3. I'm ready for a new game -- TS4 -- as long as it's not online-only. That would make it a "no buy" for me.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    At this late date, I can't imagine it being more expansions, unless they figured out how to do OFB & open restaurants? That'd be the only thing I could think of that would bring many of us out of our misery over the possibility of an online/cloud save Sims 4. That way, at least if 4 does go in the same direction as SC5, then those of us who will not buy it, have something to keep us happy for a long time after. :?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    Desperate or something? lol

It will be TS4. If not then shame on me i guess.
    The Sims 3 is starting to be boring, i have all EP's except IP and none of the EP's have made the game better exceept for Seasons and Pets. If i play a vanilla version with all patches installed then i would not miss much except for som interaction, clothes and items. I think The Sims 3 EP's have all been really dissapointing compared to The Sims 2. So bring on The Sims 4! :wink:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    windweaver wrote:
    At this late date, I can't imagine it being more expansions, unless they figured out how to do OFB & open restaurants? That'd be the only thing I could think of that would bring many of us out of our misery over the possibility of an online/cloud save Sims 4. That way, at least if 4 does go in the same direction as SC5, then those of us who will not buy it, have something to keep us happy for a long time after. :?

:thumbup:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but more Expansion Packs does not adequately fit the description of "a big announcement for The Sims series". If it said The Sims 3 series, okay, but it says The Sims series in general. If it's not The Sims 4, it will be something unrelated to The Sims 3.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited May 2013
    barisaxy wrote:
    Sorry, but more Expansion Packs does not adequately fit the description of "a big announcement for The Sims series". If it said The Sims 3 series, okay, but it says The Sims series in general. If it's not The Sims 4, it will be something unrelated to The Sims 3.

Shutting it down :lol: ! Nah imma kidding :lol:

Maybe an online VERSION of TS3?

But more likely, and more saddening for me, as you said, TS4 :cry:
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    Title changed-> new Topic
    Zerbu wrote:
    The official EA account Inside_EA posted a tweet on Twitter with job offerings for the "next Sims game"
    Join the dev team at EA and work on the next Sims game as a UI Engineer! Opportunity in Redwood City: http://bit.ly/100c98B #hotjobsfriday

Now, judging from the link, this is a flash game, not a full standalone game, so it's probably not The Sims 4, and if it is, there's reason to be disappointed.

This further complicates the question of what they're going to announce on Monday.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's sims 4.
    Via Twitter
    BeyondSims wrote:
    Looks like http://TheSims4.com now goes to http://TheSims.com . Hello #TS4!

and
    This page http://thesims4.com/en_US/home redirect to http://TheSims.com #Sims #News

Goodbye sims 3!

• Options
    Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited May 2013
    It's sims 4.
    Via Twitter
    BeyondSims wrote:
    Looks like http://TheSims4.com now goes to http://TheSims.com . Hello #TS4!

and
    This page http://thesims4.com/en_US/home redirect to http://TheSims.com #Sims #News

Goodbye sims 3!

I am really sad to say bye to TS3.

I only started playing it a year or so ago, so saying goodbye to it so soon is genuinely quite a shock!

And can someone ask me a question, how long will the TS3 forums stay open once TS4 has been MADE?

Because I think they should remain open, and the store. Think of all the money they would make just from the store!
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    It will not be a flash game... TheSims4.com redirects you to TheSims.com and it haven't been like that before which means Sims 4 is incoming!
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims 3 is dead !

Don't buy Island Paradise and Time Travel, these packs are now useless.
    Then what would we do when we get bored waiting for TS4? :?
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    It recently hit me that the reason they're advertising for someone good at flash could be that they want more UI mock-ups made in flash, not because they're trying to make an entire game from it.

(That's probably about the fourth thread I said that in :lol: )
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims 3 is dead !

Speak for yourself.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then what would we do when we get bored waiting for TS4? :?

Just play TS3 base game :P ! TS4 base game will be empty like that...
    Prepare yourself to restart everything (stories, creations, wait for Pets, Seasons and more expansion,....) !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Prepare yourself to restart everything (stories, creations, wait for Pets, Seasons and more expansion,....) !

I actually plan on continuing a story. I'll be recreating the offspring of my TS3 sims in TS4, and continuing from there. :D

Although it's still a long time away so I could change my plans.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2013
    :? No thank you.

It's something of a relief actually.
    No more finding a mod and falling in love with it just to have it not work upon installation of the next update/EP.
    No more drooling over some of the new Store content having to make myself back down and wait for one of those very few and far between awesome sales.

Once everything is said and done, I can figure out what my particular needs are for mods because I know there will no longer be a chance of things being fixed by EA and having the trade off game of something else broken in their place.
    I can set my worlds up exactly how I finally want them and really enjoy the play. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anmirla wrote:
    :? No thank you.

It's something of a relief actually.
    No more finding a mod and falling in love with it just to have it not work upon installation of the next update/EP.
    No more drooling over some of the new Store content having to make myself back down and wait for one of those very few and far between awesome sales.

Once everything is said and done, I can figure out what my particular needs are for mods because I know there will no longer be a chance of things being fixed by EA and having the trade off game of something else broken in their place.
    I can set my worlds up exactly how I finally want them and really enjoy the play. :D

This! I haven't installed any mods yet as I've decided to wait until the last EP is released (well the last one I'm getting anyways.) Once that's done no reason to hold off. And it's not like once Sims 4 comes out Sims 3 suddenly stops working on my computer - well, beyond the normal glitches it has anyways :?. I fully intend to continue playing Sims 3 for quite some time into Sims 4's life. I did the same with Sims 2, and only started playing Sims 3 when pets came out. I might be behind the times but I'd rather do that than play just base game again.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    This! I haven't installed any mods yet as I've decided to wait until the last EP is released (well the last one I'm getting anyways.) Once that's done no reason to hold off. And it's not like once Sims 4 comes out Sims 3 suddenly stops working on my computer - well, beyond the normal glitches it has anyways :?. I fully intend to continue playing Sims 3 for quite some time into Sims 4's life. I did the same with Sims 2, and only started playing Sims 3 when pets came out. I might be behind the times but I'd rather do that than play just base game again.

For me it depends on how good The Sims 4 base game is. If it's amazing, I probably won't play The Sims 3 anymore, but if it's boring then I'll go back to TS3 for a while. I plan on having the offspring of my TS3 sims leave for the TS4 world, but I can continue to play the life of the older generation sometimes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Once that's done no reason to hold off. And it's not like once Sims 4 comes out Sims 3 suddenly stops working on my computer - well, beyond the normal glitches it has anyways :?.

LOL, be careful !

The final EP could include a big annoying glitch, EA won't never fix it.

They never fixed the TS2 fatal errors.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:

And can someone ask me a question, how long will the TS3 forums stay open once TS4 has been MADE?

Because I think they should remain open, and the store. Think of all the money they would make just from the store!

At least a year I should think. The sims 2 website only shut down recently (although I think the store shut before that). I hope they keep the store open for a while because there are a couple of sets I'd still like to get.
    The Sims 3 is dead !

Nah! I'll still buy them, I need something to play for a while because a base game with no e.ps gets *yawn* very quickly! :lol: If they released OFB right before sims 4 I'd buy that too!!! :D

I'd say I only recently felt like the sims 3 became full enough to amuse me thouroughly, I like to feel as though I have a lot of freedom of choice. I have a list as long as my street of things I want to do. Sims 3 will amuse me for quite some time yet!

That's not to say I'm not interested in Sims 4, I'm tempted to buy it on release day because I've played since the first game (how I remember staring at that box art!!!) and the sims has been a sort of sidekick to my life for many years, I want to see it grow and develop into something better. The current gurus are doing such a great job and I think they really understand us whinging simmers now and that excites me because I think they can improve on the base game and the engine so that what follows is EPIC!!!

BUT... as good as the base game is I'll still be reverting to sims 3 for some time... AND I really really need OFB!!! Please gurus! For little ol' me!!! (And 900+ others)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Once that's done no reason to hold off. And it's not like once Sims 4 comes out Sims 3 suddenly stops working on my computer - well, beyond the normal glitches it has anyways :?.

LOL, be careful !

I'll wait for all the noobs to install first! :twisted:

I didn't have many major glitches in the sims 2. Nothing like the riddled ulcerous coding that is the sims 3!!! (I still love it though... it's like a sick old beloved dog!)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If they will announce TS4 now, it means the release date is Early 2014.

They can't released a new TS3 EP at the same time.

Island Paradise team already begin to join the TS4 team and soon the Time Travel team will join them.

There is nobody which develop a new EP now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If they will announce TS4 now, it means the release date is Early 2014.

They can't released a new TS3 EP at the same time.

Island Paradise team already begin to join the TS4 team and soon the Time Travel team will join them.

There is nobody which develop a new EP now.

Shhh... break my heart why don't you! :cry:

:D
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

LOL, be careful !

Lol they don't tell you that when you're buying TS3. I guess that's what I get for coming in on this series so late and being so ignorant :XD: Well at least I can be sure what to expect from now on, I'm glad I know that. I'll just mentally prepare myself for a permanently borked game. And just in case, refrain from buying anymore products until I can feel assured I won't be screwed over in the end. wishful thinking