Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's necessary for The Sims 4 in order for you to be willing to buy it?

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited April 2013
    1. Better looking Sims with better personalities and animations. I don't play Sims 3 mainly because I don't like how the TS3 Sims look and act. I'd like them to be more like the Sims in TS2. This is number one for me. If I don't find the Sims attractive and endearing, nothing else matters. I won't buy the game.

2. Better graphics. I need a less cartoony art style and better textures and lighting in order to enjoy the game. I won't buy Sims 4 unless it looks a lot less cartoony and childish than Sims 3. I am an adult and I don't want to play a game that looks like it was made for 5-year-olds.

3. No online multi-player. I DO NOT WANT to interact with others while I play and I want to be able to permanently save my creations to my own computer. I have no interest in using the game to socialize. I want a single-player game that I can build and get creative with.

4. Custom content friendly. One of the main reasons I play the Sims (TS1 and TS2) is custom content. I love creating and downloading mods and custom objects, clothing, hair, etc. (not just recolors!) from fansites.

Well, I was going to write my own post, but this person said everything I'm feeling -- thank you!!

I felt the Sims' looks and genetics were a step backwards from TS2. Hair dye changes genetic hair color, really??? I loathe the art style I call "Neanderthal claymation."

And I especially say NO required online connection to play. I'm perfectly fine with a disc check like now. I want to be able to play my Sims on an airplane and in other places I can't connect.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    Two conditions that if not met I most likely will not buy.

1. No forced online multiplayer anything. As long as anything with an online feature is optional and not mandatory in order to play the game, then I'm fine with it. Such as a few online features now in TS3 is optional but in no way required to play.

2. Must have meaningful interactions/features/etc for ALL age groups and not just focusing on YA's/A's and females at that too. I am a family orientated type of player, is TS about generations or is it about singles?

I want to finally be able to dress INFANTS not just toddlers but infants as well in cute clothes, hairstyles, accessories, etc.

fw0hut.jpg
    9h5itu.jpg
    So cute! But TS4 could be so much better. :P
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited April 2013
    its dose not matter what they put in it. if it is online like SC5 i will not buy it.

fyi SC5 dose not allow mods or cc so if sims 4 is online you can kiss mods and cc good bye.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2013
    two SEPERATE versions of the games

an online for those who want it and a offline for those who want that. Cause I just don't see how they'll make it optional any other way in the sense of not having an ounce of online in the game regardless if you have to use it or not. I've played the sims since the sims 1 so I've seen it all so i can't really pin point exactly what i mean when i say this but if they do online and its the same ol same ole game then I'm done. if they do online the only way I would buy it is if It included something AMAZING never before seen feature or concept
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    Vadeil wrote:
    its dose not matter what they put in it. if it is online like SC5 i will not buy it.

fyi SC5 dose not allow mods or cc so if sims 4 is online you can kiss mods and cc good bye.
    There are already mods for it :| There are mods that even allow building outside city boundaries as well as placing ploppables.

Not like Sims 3 mods came out first day of the release. Remember when to install a CC hair you had to convert a base game hair to it? Yeah.. those were the days :lol:

Everything can be modded, it just takes time.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Vadeil wrote:

There are already mods for it :| There are mods that even allow building outside city boundaries as well as placing ploppables.

Not like Sims 3 mods came out first day of the release. Remember when to install a CC hair you had to convert a base game hair to it? Yeah.. those were the days :lol:

No offense Urosh because i like online games like any other person. However in sc5 case it's not something that should have to rely on mods to make it function the way majority of the playerbase wanted it to in the first place. Basically those mods fix the game to run like SC4. Dev's should have listen they didn't, marketing didn't, and the Ceo didn't and it lost the sales of customers. You can't expect people to say oh if i can change it with mod that makes it better. It doesn't it makes it worse because it means they blatantly lied about the game needing to run on servers when it doesn't.

That destroys customer trust and that's just going to flat out cost sales regardless. DRM still doesn't make it better. Why go to all that effort for a game that may shut down or waste that money? What's definite about SC5 (please note i did not say infinite)? Sims social lasted what a 2 to 3 years. Now it shuts down what do players have left to show. Nothing cause it's gone any money they had in it they aren't getting back. However I still have sc4, sims 1, sims 2 etc and many games for the past 10 years that still play on my pc. Players are looking for long term investment when it comes to big spending just saying.
  • Options
    VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

from what i understand ea dose not want it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1aartc/ea_customer_support_states_users_will_be_banned/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122711-EA-Removes-Forum-Posts-for-SimCity-Offline-Mod

but even if they allow it in there tos if it is fully online i will not switch over.
    me saying this dose not even matter since ea seems dead set in there ways.

• Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Vadeil wrote:

No offense Urosh because i like online games like any other person. However in sc5 case it's not something that should have to rely on mods to make it function the way majority of the playerbase wanted it to in the first place. Basically those mods fix the game to run like SC4. Dev's should have listen they didn't, marketing didn't, and the Ceo didn't and it lost the sales of customers. You can't expect people to say oh if i can change it with mod that makes it better. It doesn't it makes it worse because it means they blatantly lied about the game needing to run on servers when it doesn't.

That destroys customer trust and that's just going to flat out cost sales regardless. DRM still doesn't make it better. Why go to all that effort for a game that may shut down or waste that money? What's definite about SC5 (please note i did not say infinite)? Sims social lasted what a 2 to 3 years. Now it shuts down what do players have left to show. Nothing cause it's gone any money they had in it they aren't getting back. However I still have sc4, sims 1, sims 2 etc and many games for the past 10 years that still play on my pc. Players are looking for long term investment when it comes to big spending just saying.

No offense taken :) I understand what you're saying, but I wasn't really implying that SimCity was either good or bad, I just stated that just because a game is online doesn't necessarily mean it can't be modded. Didn't even mention anything about DRM or online requirements. Sorry if it came out that :D

I guess I'll always find it hard to fully understand frustration of some players about not being able to play the game. I'm not attached to a particular game as long as it has its successor I can transfer to afterwards. I transferred from TS1 to TS2 to TS3 without any problems and didn't come back to either of the games. I mean, I'm aware of some people being attached but I simply can't identify myself with them, so my apologies if I sometimes come off as less understanding of people's opinions :) [hell, hope I worded that well.. less understanding, been trying to find a word for it but I'm just too sleepy] :lol:

@Vadeil - (can't bother to quote now) :P

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for sharing. :D Will definitely keep an eye out for it. :) Though I'm pretty sure Ocean's tweet was more than clear :lol: Darn, you, Maxis.
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited April 2013
    NONE IF TS4 IS RELEASED IN 2014! EA has lost a customer if TS4 is released in 2014.
  • Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see a Bicep slider added for the Sims 4,males and females can have muscular arms too,also a calve slider too:

tumblr_m2qwb6rdSs1ru7w7no1_250.jpg

calf-muscle-exercises.jpg

Also more body types in the Sims 4

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Oops double post
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

No offense taken :) I understand what you're saying, but I wasn't really implying that SimCity was either good or bad, I just stated that just because a game is online doesn't necessarily mean it can't be modded. Didn't even mention anything about DRM or online requirements. Sorry if it came out that :D

I guess I'll always find it hard to fully understand frustration of some players about not being able to play the game. I'm not attached to a particular game as long as it has its successor I can transfer to afterwards. I transferred from TS1 to TS2 to TS3 without any problems and didn't come back to either of the games. I mean, I'm aware of some people being attached but I simply can't identify myself with them, so my apologies if I sometimes come off as less understanding of people's opinions :) [hell, hope I worded that well.. less understanding, been trying to find a word for it but I'm just too sleepy] :lol:

@Vadeil - (can't bother to quote now) :P

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for sharing. :D Will definitely keep an eye out for it. :) Though I'm pretty sure Ocean's tweet was more than clear :lol: Darn, you, Maxis.

I can understand what you're saying. I normally go back to my old games to play them as I like them and miss them from time to time. I've played final fantasy tatics countless times and never tire of it. Probably odd of me but that's what enjoy about old school entertainment.

I'm glad you understood where i was coming from and i know at the same time i do want to play with friends in my sims games. However I think we both agree a peer to peer connection offers a more control to the fanbase than DRM does. Yes online content can be modded and it doesn't totally destroy that portion of the community as long as the game designed to allow being modded online. However, it still doesn't appeal to the playerbase that wants to have a game that for whatever reason they want to return to and play. So thats the biggest i see with it, along with delayed servers and a few other problems especially for testing and stress testing.

On topic everyone pretty much covered what i want to see in sims 4 loads of improvement lol.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    1. Transtional aging. It's 2013, not 1999.

2. Babies move, have limbs, and do baby stuff. Parents have more interactions with babies.

3. Transtional changing of clothes..way past due.

4. The breeze in the air actually moves curtains from an open window, playfully moves the Sim's hair while walking down the street. Or even something as good as seeing a Sim's jacket actually flap in the wind as they run down the street. Like in other games.

5. Subhoods and or areas of a map that is like a subhood with a downtown section, a business section, urban housing section, the slums, housing downtown USA, and the burbs and farther out, farm land etc.

6. Weather takes on new depths. Humidity, arid, wind chill factor etc.
    These effects all influence the Sim. Too humid? Sims go relax under a shade tree...yes, they are now aware of shade trees and shurbs in the game.

7. Sims have evolved or at least returned to TS2 Sims who were aware you planted flowers out front for them.

8. Sims remember everything..not just a moment in time. They know what their friend did for them or against them..they don't forget..and it matters to them, big time.

9. Sims evolve in their aspirations, no longer me, me,me. They want to be more than themselves. Aspire to be kinder, nicer, meaner. A whole new avenue of what they want and how the really feel about things.

10. Shrubs and flowers bloom and must be cared for or die. Lawns aren't simply terrain paint, it needs seeded, fertilized, mowed. Gardners make a return. YAY!

11. The world is a living, breathing thing. With bees, bugs, snakes, you see grass grow, so does the Sim..they are aware of everything.

12. No more robotic Sims that we push around. They may refuse to you, the player, because they are also aware of you. I miss the days the Sim looked up at the camera and shook their head 'no' at me. :mrgreen:

Or rubbed their grubby little hands together while looking up at their 'god', the player.

13. We finally get a copy of the Simlish Dictonary even if it is old words or phrases they tossed out. (they toss them about every two years).

14. There is a 'need' for a garage or a carport...no more carrying cars in inventory. :x

15. Hail storms damage property, repair people must be called.

16. Sims must maintain autos, gas, oil, tire changes..we see again Sims fixin' up junkers.

17. Open venues..if rabbit holes..I'm out.

As great as it may be and even with everything I ever dreamed in the next game (which I doubt, now) if it is Online only, I will pass and curse the day EA didn't listen to players that told them they will not buy an MMO Sims 4, nor an online only option. If it's not a true sandbox game, and online only..then EA, go ahead make it for the M generation that will buy it..but I will no longer tell anyone how great The Sims series is..and why they should play it. Word of mouth in my area will still trump online twitters.

We don't depend on this new fangle stuff..we trust our neighbor to tell us the truth and tell us if something is a good buy or not.
    Yeah, we might be out numbered by the whole M generation that never had to depend on word of mouth..but there are many small towns in USA that also won't go for online only.

Happy Simming.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

8. Sims remember everything..not just a moment in time. They know what their friend did for them or against them..they don't forget..and it matters to them, big time.

9. Sims evolve in their aspirations, no longer me, me,me. They want to be more than themselves. Aspire to be kinder, nicer, meaner. A whole new avenue of what they want and how the really feel about things.

10. Shrubs and flowers bloom and must be cared for or die. Lawns aren't simply terrain paint, it needs seeded, fertilized, mowed. Gardners make a return. YAY!

11. The world is a living, breathing thing. With bees, bugs, snakes, you see grass grow, so does the Sim..they are aware of everything.

12. No more robotic Sims that we push around. They may refuse to you, the player, because they are also aware of you. I miss the days the Sim looked up at the camera and shook their head 'no' at me. :mrgreen:

Or rubbed their grubby little hands together while looking up at their 'god', the player.

14. There is a 'need' for a garage or a carport...no more carrying cars in inventory. :x

15. Hail storms damage property, repair people must be called.

16. Sims must maintain autos, gas, oil, tire changes..we see again Sims fixin' up junkers.

17. Open venues..if rabbit holes..I'm out.
    All of 8 and 9. Sims need more details to be convincing little simulations. Really right now Sims just interact with no seeming motivation other than for the hell of it. Also their personalities are static. Changing traits is not the same as having a progressing character.

I would like to see the grass grow in stages like plants. Well at least in the yards, the rest of the world's grass could stay static, maybe change color due to the season.

Little animals and bugs shouldn't be confined to staying in a single area. Example:
    Birds should fly from yard to yard, fleeing when Sims approached them. Butterflies and bees drifting from yard to yards, maybe interacting with our Sims. It would be hilarious if a Sim who was terrified of bugs had one land on them.

I would also like harvestables to be in more realistic plant shapes instead of cheaply reusing the same couple of meshes for every plant. In fact a lot of the things in TS3 were done cheaply, but I'm too tired to go into detail.

And yeah I'd like Sims to make faces at the camera if I make them do something against their traits or talk to someone they despise or clean up a mess they didn't make. Seriously #12 will be a deal breaker for me, and no they better not make it so that we're trying to be friends with our Sims, that'd be dumb.

And finally more needs to be done with cars and yes more opportunity for property damage.

If these requests are ridiculous then I'm playing the wrong game :/
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nothing. I won't be getting it. I've had more than enough problems with this game and it's EPs/SPs that aren't being fixed to last me a lifetime of Sims products. I'll just have to be satisfied with Sims 3 and hope that they actually completely and properly fix the products they sold to me.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited April 2013
    i want more advanced AI and for them to work more on children. maybe even use a re sizable mesh for animations so its easier to make animations for everyone. i like looking after children probably cause i would never be able to in real life and its disappointing how little they can do when i have them as smart children. my inventor can invent a time machine but cant press some buttons to use it? that was such a fail.

also i would like to have color coded rooms by that i mean something like a tool that allows you to highlight a room and assign a sim to that room. it would make custom houses easier to work with so sims actually sleep in the right room also on normal maps ive seen sims just walk of and get into a bed that's obviously not the one they supposed to sleep in.

so yeh there's 3 things. the list is endless. also i wanna be able to control my own game speed :/ some people may like it to be night time in 5 minutes but i don't i like to have a slower game. this will be an important one. i played maybe 1 game with speed on normal before i downloaded nraas relativity. have never played without relativity since. also i like to make big families up to 20. we should not be limited. although for sims 3 its cause it breaks around 30 and sims just do nothing.

but if i want to make a hotel and play with 50 sims i should be able to. all they need here is to add a disclaimer and recommended settings/ pushed settings / may not work above whatever settings
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bump
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    Given recent news, I find it fitting to revive this thread. :mrgreen:

In order for me to buy the sims 4, I need there to be Seasons in the base game, there is not excuse for there not to be.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2013
    I’m loving a lot of the ideas I’m seeing here, and I hope EA is too.

Along with everyone else, I know that I will not be picking up S4 if it is online.
    One thing that I think would be nice to have (though I’m not sure if such a thing is possible) is a way to put your Sims 3 families into the Sims 4 so that you can continue their story. I remember it being really hard to leave my old S2 Sims behind, and I think it would be great to have the option of converting them and adding them to your new game.

I get really attached to my Sims, and if S4 is coming out next year (or even the year after), I’m not ready to say goodbye to them.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,865 Member
    edited May 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    Given recent news, I find it fitting to revive this thread. :mrgreen:

In order for me to buy the sims 4, I need there to be Seasons in the base game, there is not excuse for there not to be.

:thumbup: And (IMO) pets as well! And truthfully a lot of the things that came with Generation, too. These three EPS provided a lot of depth and richness in the game that really enhanced the over all game. It wasn't about all just about visiting new venues, experiencing new things to do and a bunch of shiny new objects; it also seemed to just make our Sims lives fuller all around. And yeah they also had venues, experiences and objects galore, just like any other EP.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    StarlingPowersStarlingPowers Posts: 26
    edited May 2013
    For TS4... Dare I suggest Young Adult/Adult/and Elder Sims should be able to WooHoo without being in a relationship.

Maybe add a "WooHoo on the brain" personality/action in Create-a-Sim.

Maybe a Child/Teen can get caught watching the "WooHoo Channel" or paging "WooHoo Website", And Sim Adults can either shame them or have a healthy discussion about it.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    One thing. A tiny thing.

No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play.

So yeah, no forced online play. And improved CAS.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would be:

1. No required online playing and multi-players only
    2. No rabbitholes
    3. Realistic animations and Sims/items, including body movement, hair and skin tone
    4. Realistic interactions
    5. Plenty of traits, favorites, etc
    6. Various of careers
    7. New ideas are being introduced for a base, not only every expansions
    8. Open-world and can travel to other world, etc
    9. More options to build houses, etc
    10. New features that have not been introduced since Sims 1

Those are examples and I am aware maybe it is not possible to include those above, though.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited May 2013

1] Ability to play offline
    2] Weather in base game so that all eps will have to work with it.
    3] Universities in base game as UL has brought my game to life.

I can think of more but won't be greedy. :wink:
  • Options
    StarlingPowersStarlingPowers Posts: 26
    edited May 2013
    adventfear wrote:
    One thing. A tiny thing.

No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play. No forced online play.

So yeah, no forced online play. And improved CAS.

I strongly support this.