Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Early Look at The Sims 4?! (Pre-Production UI)

It looks like it's definitely in the works. Obviously the final version would look nothing like that, but it seems to have an MMO-type feel to it. :?

http://simsvip.com/2013/04/25/the-sims-4-pre-production-ui-design-screens/

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Not really. The interaction UI is a modified form of that used in Mass Effect (in fact, it looks like an early form of the one used in Mass Effect) and the obvious online-related items could just be a more advanced form of Simport.

It kinda looks similar to Second Life, but that's unavoidable due to how similar the two games are in certain areas.

Then again, I could be wrong; there's been a lot of trading between offline and online video games as far as UIs are concerned.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Edited because I was being a git. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    Interesting. I like the ideas used, it looks like it could work well enough...but who knows if they actually used any of it in the final UI design. It is only a pre-production mock-up.

Regardless, it does seem to prove TS4 is in production and probably pretty far by now. Hopefully we'll get an announcement at E3.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited April 2013
    Looks almost exactly like the sims social...in which case I won't be buying it.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2013
    It looks online! :shock: See in the corners there is a little global thing and friends option! I really hope it's not The Sims 4. The interface looks so....weird :?
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2013
    yeah I was just over at simsvip reading this myself. Eh it's pre-production and this was what?, around 2010. it's now 2013. I'd be interested to see what progress has been made in 3 years. I reserve judgment for now.

I do hope the "social" features are optional. But I do like Urosh's ideas of multiplayer. eh, we shall see. Like allspice said, maybe they'll release info at E3
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Makes me think of Second Life or IMVU...seriously if it's online I will pass.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope this is real and yet at the same time hope it isn't. I've got to say with the screen shots, I'm not impressed by the graphics at all. it really does kind of look like a cross between Sims 3 and a facebook game! So if this is real, there goes that selling point, which could be a good thing as that means I'd save money from not buying it. And yet, I'd hate to say once Sims 3 wraps up that that's it for me. Kind of bittersweet.

I'm going out on a limb though and saying that this may be the first real look we have had at Sims 4. Though I could be proven wrong.

As an aside, I'm really hoping they do make OFB for Sims 3 so that if Sims 4 is coming next year, I don't have any reason to move on to the new series. Sims 3 would be complete. Gah, sorry, can't resist throwing that in here.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think some need to realize that this is a pre-production mock-up for the UI (user interface). Ignore the graphics, they have nothing to do with it.

Also, it's a pre-production mock-up. Nothing about it is set in stone, the final version will not look exactly like that.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    This was my literal reaction when I saw there were screenshots of The Sims 4!!!

BIG-grin.jpg

I'm disappointed that it looks like it's going to be online... hopefully that's just a multiplayer feature and not the main feature of the game...

But still, it looks absolutely STUNNING! other than the online part... Some of it is low quality but I know it's only a mock-up so I have no complaints about that.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'll go bit by bit:

1. I'm excited for the multiplayer aspect of it. I've been discussing this amazing thing with my friend over chat when SimsVIP posted it. We're both eager to play it as we play SimCity :D

2. If they finally change user interface, all I have to say is - THANK LORD. It's been 3 generations of same old same. It's time to freshen it up.

3. It's just USER INTERFACE. It's not actual game that's shown on it, nor graphics, nor features. People look way too much into it. Nobody is looking at UI but instead at how Sims interact or what they look like, or what plumbob looks like.

Now, going to be hypocritical with next statement, but...

4. Look at how beautiful that restaurant/bar concept is!... I said concept as I know it has nothing to do with the game.

Also, people might want to read disclaimer:

5. "There is nothing else in the photos below that represent actual graphics, Sims, or gameplay, and the “mock up” designs may or may not make it to the final game. Again, the photos below were displayed to show off a “mock up” UI Design. Nothing more." - SimsVIP. Not even UI is finished. You remember what TS3 was like in early phase? It was ugly as hell. Nobody would've bought that.

Sims3evil.jpg

6. If developer of the UI has been told that he/she should include social windows - yay! Although I'm slightly more convinced it's just about of a mock up than actual content.

7. I love, love, love the concept of green and blue plumbob. Blue plumbob looks so good! Definitely a fresh addition. It'd be great to invite friends' Sims over (much like Showtime's Simport) and have them stay at your place. All that with a shiny blue plumbob - yay!

Now, with that said, I'll probably take some time off this forum because I'm in too much of a positive state to even read through bunch of rather hilarious comments of how these stills are disgusting and how they make you sick, or how TS4 will be bad because of social aspect. It's somebody's work you are insulting, somebody's creativity. Nobody is forced to give you explicitly what you want, they create what they are inspired to create.

If you like it - buy it. If you don't - just stop ruining all the pleasure to those of us who have waited for something like this to happen.

And now... adios, for some time :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think some need to realize that this is a pre-production mock-up for the UI (user interface). Ignore the graphics, they have nothing to do with it.

Also, it's a pre-production mock-up. Nothing about it is set in stone, the final version will not look exactly like that.

Point taken. Thank you for pointing that out in such a nice way. (no sarcasm there, being serious. :-) ) I will hold off on judgement on graphics until we see more.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Point taken. Thank you for pointing that out in such a nice way. (no sarcasm there, being serious. :-) ) I will hold off on judgement on graphics until we see more.

I hope you don't think I was singling you out, it was just in general something I hope everything understands. :)
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    No doubt there will be an announcement at E3. At least I think so.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I hope you don't think I was singling you out, it was just in general something I hope everything understands. :)

Not at all, and it was true, I was doing exactly what you said. :-) It's a good reminder to not judge too quickly.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I kinda like the UI, actually. I don't understand what a lot of the parts are meant to be, but it's left me curious to find out more. There are just a few areas where the graphics are of low quality or don't blend well, but I'm almost sure that will be fixed in the full version.
    No doubt there will be an announcement at E3. At least I think so.

Yep! I thought so as well for a while, but this leak makes me even more sure!
  • Options
    HeartcandyPHeartcandyP Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2013
    This is sickening.
    I know the graphics aren't final at all,but the basic idea of an online-social Sims game just makes me sad.Really hoping this is just a scrapped idea or maybe a standalone game and NOT The Sims 4.Such a pity if this is the way they're taking.

Obviously I will NOT a buy a MMO/social Sims game.Such a terrible idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Now, with that said, I'll probably take some time off this forum because I'm in too much of a positive state to even read through bunch of rather hilarious comments of how these stills are disgusting and how they make you sick, or how TS4 will be bad because of social aspect. It's somebody's work you are insulting, somebody's creativity. Nobody is forced to give you explicitly what you want, they create what they are inspired to create.

If you like it - buy it. If you don't - just stop ruining all the pleasure to those of us who have waited for something like this to happen.

*slaps own hand*

I'm sorry, Urosh. You shouldn't go, you should stay because you are being positive.

My reaction to the online features is pretty bad but I've had my rant and foot-stomp and I'm stopping now. Don't go. :cry:
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't believe thats sims 4 mainly because if you see the plumbobs are pasted on to the pictures and it looks like the game will not allow cc or mods. But if that is the sims 4 I DEFIANTLY won't be buying.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

I think you should stay as well.

I doubt this game is going to be fully online. The way the social buttons are presented is almost as though you have to actively make efforts to access them... that makes it different from MMOs, as a chat would be up if it were an MMO.

And, I also like the UI. It just strikes me as a severe improvement.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This does not make it look like it's online only:

8641962684_1e0c9901c4_o.png

To brag/flirt/impress/etc a real person over the Internet, you have to actually say stuff, not just click a button. What are those interactions supposed to do to a real person?

Personally, I don't like the sims shown in the screenshots, because they seem very sleazy and snobby, and not what you'd usually expect to see in a sims game, but I'm sure the full game will have better sims.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

I think you should stay as well.

I doubt this game is going to be fully online. The way the social buttons are presented is almost as though you have to actively make efforts to access them... that makes it different from MMOs, as a chat would be up if it were an MMO.

Pretty much my feelings on it as well.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2013
    Can you please explain to me what UI is as I don't know.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Can you please explain to me what UI is as I don't know.

UI = User Interface