Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Early Look at The Sims 4?! (Pre-Production UI)

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    These were obtained by SimsVIP in August 2012 (which was 9 months ago), and there's no confirmation about how old these stills are in general.

Developer's page says he worked on it from March 2011 to March 2012, so it's probably around end of 2011 when those were made.

That's 2.5 years ago :)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    These were obtained by SimsVIP in August 2012 (which was 9 months ago), and there's no confirmation about how old these stills are in general.

Developer's page says he worked on it from March 2011 to March 2012, so it's probably around end of 2011 when those were made.

Would EA have known about the PS4 that long ago? :?
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    gayars wrote:
    Especially since it has been PROVEN that the only ones who will actually be stuck with being online all the time will be those who are totally legit. The ones with hacked copies will be able to get around it nicely, and play offline :( This has been proven by the new simcity.
    simcity isn't hacked yet,is it?

Yep, pretty sure it was hacked wide open the day it came out. Do a google search and you'll easily find mods for it.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

Would EA have known about the PS4 that long ago? :?

I can't exactly tell, but in my head, I think game developers and console developers are definitely in contact. TS3 was available for all platforms, and some of those weren't known when TS3 went into production in 2004. At least I don't think XBox was announced that early.

It definitely takes less time for them to code a game for console than for PC (or port it). So I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on a PS4 project along the way.

However, even some of EA's recent titles (FPS genre) won't be available on PS4 immediately, so I really have no clue :?
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

AND AND ANDDDDDDDD
    EA bought the website thesims4.com in August 2010.
    http://www.whois-search.com/whois/www.thesims4.com
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I'll just skip a lot of pages since when I last posted was around page 13? or something I don't know.

Anyway, I was thinking is it possible that the UI could be from the PS4 version of TS4 and not from the PC version of TS4? Since PS4 will emphasize many online capabilities. I still cannot see the main series of TS4 for PC acting like a MMO unless it was its own separate spin-off from the main series just like TSO was from TS.

Are these images from last year? I was under the impression they were from 2010. Either way, would EA have known enough about the PS4 to have begun developing the console version?

Not sure but I think Sony would definitely give the heads up on the PS4's specifications to developers so they can make games way ahead of time...at least to have a few launch titles. So I will guess any developer wanting to make a game on the PS4 would continuously get updates from Sony themselves.

Or so it would make sense to me.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2013
    EA have also registered thesims5, 6, 7 and so on .com.
    That doesn't mean anything.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Pary wrote:
    EA have also registered thesims5, 6, 7 and so on .com.
    That doesn't mean anything.
    Thats why i didnt say it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ****** broken thread, ea needs to fix their ****..
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    DarkAmaranth1966 posted this yesterday... seriously, watch it and then tell me the images in the opening post are sims 4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-21-nvidia-demonstrates-potentially-revolutionary-new-face-rendering-tech

[edit] I was actually looking for some images of MonteVista someone had posted when it first came out, to repost here for comparison purposes. They clearly had a very nice graphics card, and er, their images looks nothing like the utter garbage posted in this thread.

I'd LOVE for Sims 4 to be like this!! :) Imagine a realistic skin with pore, animate hair, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Broken thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

True. :lol: But I was thinking of EA's Battlefield 4. I want a beautiful game like that, only as a life simulator. I am done playing with cartoon people. I am done with EA's attitude that simmers are casual gamers and/or children with low-end computers. I won't buy another Sims game unless it has advanced graphics.

Me too! I agree, I like that kind of graphic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I saw those before. If they are actually Sims 4, it is hard to believe because the graphic looks so much similar to Sims Social/Freeplay. Sims 4 should be more advanced than Sims 3. The graphic from Sims 1 to 3 have been changed, so it is a bit strange that Sims 4 graphic will go all its way back to "Sims 1". I'd expect it to be similar to 3D renders from some kind of art using computer or even computer games that have those kind of advanced graphic. Hopefully, it is not only for multiplayers.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want TS4 sims to look something similar to this:

fye8np.jpg

I want to see 3D and not 2D painted on jewelry and stuff. And I hope to have maximum control over every little detail to really get the sim to look however I want. TS3 customizations are still too limited.

I can't get the lip shape I want, or get really plump lips or the chin right without the jaw changing etc. Can't have two different eye colors in each eye nor within one iris. The lighting/shadows sometimes look odd.

I'm so curious about the advancements of Create-A-Sim/Household. I want to see how TS4 sims look.

Edit: Many things I'd like to see but something else I'm curious about is sports. When in TS game will sims actually "play" sports? Why not mocap the animations instead of trying to animate it sequence by sequence? Especially for certain actions.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Ilovecats1989Ilovecats1989 Posts: 227 Member
    edited May 2013
    i really hope the sims 4 is that realistic im tired of these cartoon sims the sims we have now look like bobble head dolls but i dont believe they should be to realistic or it may seam slightly creepy creating a sim but i do really want better graphics and it would be nice if the sims looked like the people from guild wars 2 or something :D "begs ea"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I want TS4 sims to look something similar to this:

fye8np.jpg

I want to see 3D and not 2D painted on jewelry and stuff. And I hope to have maximum control over every little detail to really get the sim to look however I want. TS3 customizations are still too limited.

I can't get the lip shape I want, or get really plump lips or the chin right without the jaw changing etc. Can't have two different eye colors in each eye nor within one iris. The lighting/shadows sometimes look odd.

I'm so curious about the advancements of Create-A-Sim/Household. I want to see how TS4 sims look.

Edit: Many things I'd like to see but something else I'm curious about is sports. When in TS game will sims actually "play" sports? Why not mocap the animations instead of trying to animate it sequence by sequence? Especially for certain actions.
    thats a little TOOO realistic for me.. i dont want a slow game or a whole new gaming upgrade..
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited May 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    ****** broken thread, ea needs to fix their ****..
    You swore again after being banned from here for swearing!

Please read the forum rules that tell you not to do so.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Deshong04,

That picture is almost similar to what I have on my mind. The graphics are great and it looks realistic. I have not played the computer games that have advanced graphics like most of you mention, and I am not sure if they require the best computer that can handle and highest graphic card? So, maybe Sims 4 will only require a bit more than Sims 3 or even the same requirement and we will get the excellent graphics?
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope it's just a reboot of TSO.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared