Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Erewhon, an historic small town between mountains and sea

SilverdrakeSilverdrake Posts: 132 New Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
erewhon.png

Hi everyone! Erewhon is my first CAW world. It contains everything I wanted for my personal paradise: beautiful views of the ocean from the clifftops, forests and mountains, lots of parks and historic buildings. There's an equestrian suburb and a slightly grungy industrial area that's transforming into a high-tech science mecca.

Map size: 2048x2048
EPs: all EPs through Seasons
SPs: No SPs except for a very few playground pieces from Town Life
No CC. No store items.
All rabbitholes, 5 showtime venues, festival lot, base camp, clubs and bars, nectary (see full list at end of post)
No subways or highrises, simply because the routing issues bug me - but you can always add them.

***I did not include all the Showtime venues! You are welcome to add and destroy lots to suit your own preferences. Though the town includes bars, it does not include every single type of bar. I left plenty of room to add new lots. I have no control over Showtime bugs.***

There is an unpopulated world file and a populated save game. I highly recommend the save game because the rabbitholes are properly named (and the Sim families are fun!)

The save game has
    showtime performers
    supernaturals
    pets
    my simself!

If you would like to use Twallan's Traveler to travel from your town to Erewhon, install the world and the save game. Then copy these files from the save game folder to your current save game folder:

Erewhon_0x00000000.nhd
Erewhon_0x00000000ExportDB.package

You'll then be able to visit Erewhon and meet its residents. There is a beautiful Victorian B&B set as a Base camp ready for your visit.

*A big thanks to Shan for her help testing Erewhon!*

Download Links:

Erewhon World File - Exchange download
Erewhon World File rar - Mediafire download
Populated Save Game rar - Mediafire Download

These are some of the sims in the Save game:

facesoferewhon.png

Pictures of Erewhon:

foggyday.jpg
Foggy Day

victoriansalongthecliff.png
Victorians along the cliffs

castleisland.jpg
Castle Island

nectary.jpg
Nectary and farms

picnicqb.jpg
Picnic at the park

parkfountain.jpg
view of the fountain

eastcliff.jpg
Eastcliff industrial area

standingstones.png
Standing Stones

buryingground.jpg
Burying Ground

mainst.jpg
Main Street

bridgeinwinter.png
Winter snow

riverinwinter.png
the river

rockyspringwinter.png
Rocky Spring neighborhood

Since people have been asking, here's a list of the community lots (which you're free to rezone or bulldoze). CAW wouldn't save the renamed rabbitholes, but they do have the names I intended in the Save Game:

Erewhon Town Park - large park
Rocky Spring Park - large park
Whimsy Park - small park
Eastcliff Park - small park
Blissful Beach Weddings - small park
Eastcliff Beach - beach
Tidepool Stage - big show venue
The Furnace - live show venue
The Electric Bean Café - coffeehouse
After Dark - vampire lounge with ST stage
Rocky Spring Polo Club - exclusive lounge with ST stage
Muon - dance club
Runner's High - sports bar
Sasquatch Road House - supernatural hangout
Forgotten Graveyard - supernatural hangout
Insectarium - visitors allowed
Clifftop B&B - base camp
Barkalot Dog Park - dog park
Feliphilia - cat jungle
Bonnie Blue Pet Rescue - pet shop
Whirl-o-Mat - laundromat
Erewhon Community Gardens - visitors allowed
Acheron Arboretum - arboretum
Catoctin Bridge - fishing spot
Rod & Moe's Fish Camp - fishing spot
Picnic Woods Festival Ground - festival ground
Sans Souci Nectary - nectary
Rocky Spring Community Pool - pool
The Athenaeum - gym
Sparkles Salon - salon
Stinky's Ink - salon
Annoyoo Spa/Read It and Weep - spa and bookstore
Rocky Spring LLC/Soup to Nuts - business and restaurant
Erewhon Burying Ground - graveyard
St. Eugenia's - hospital
Title IX Stadium - stadium
Rising Road Productions - film studio
Erewhon K-12 - school
Witches' Playground - vault of antiquity
Treasure Salvage - junkyard
Stinky's Paints & Adhesives - criminal rabbithole
Gryphon Corp. - science center
Coast Guard Station Erewhon - military
St. Alphonso's Pancakes - diner
Fields of Demeter Natural Foods - grocery store
Erewhon Community Repertory - theater
Idle a While Books - bookshop
Serendipity Antiques - small market (the WA register doesn't work, unfortunately)
Flotsam & Jetsam - consignment shop, café and bookstore (all registers work)
The Beech Tree Bistro - restaurant
Erewhon Library - library
Erewhon Historical Society - art gallery
Wyrd Sisters Elixirs - elixir shop
Erewhon City Hall - city hall
Erewhon First Responders - fire station
Erewhon Police - police

JRA Equestrian Center
Horse Ranch (these last 2 are the lots that came with Pets)

and two residence-zoned community lots:
Little Dinos Daycare - home daycare
Golden Years Retirement Home - nursing home

I use Twallan's Go Here mod to get the daycare working, and his Story Progression to assign the retirement home to the Elders caste.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2013
    It looks very pretty. For a first world you did a really great job judging by the pictures. Good job.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited April 2013
    looks great
  • Options
    catitude4catitude4 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited April 2013
    This is beautiful. I love waterfalls, most of my favorite towns have them.
  • Options
    BanSimleyBanSimley Posts: 588 Member
    edited April 2013
    Lovely world! It looks so serene and tranquil! And the winter views are breathtaking, and I'm not a big fan of winter, I always turn it off in my game, lol.
  • Options
    SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited April 2013
    This is just beautiful! I can't wait to get it in game and play around.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited April 2013
    Love this pic. Looks like a Christmas card. :mrgreen:

bridgeinwinter.png"width=500"

Downloaded and rec'd

Can't wait to take a tour :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy playing it :)

*waves to Auntie*
  • Options
    joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited April 2013
    How do u install the world file and save life since it is a rar file, which i have never heard of. I just need instructions with installing it
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Use Winrar or 7zip to unpack the rar files.

Place the Sims3Pack in
    \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads. Open the launcher and install.

The saved game folder goes in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited April 2013

Very very nice! :D
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2013
    that a breathtaking world...
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2013
    You didn't mention this so I thought I'd ask...do you have the parks and such for Pets? If so, did you make them yourself, edit the EA ones, or just plop down the EA ones? I personally think the EA ones lack creativity and luster.

This world is lovely :)

What sort of world objects did you use?
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, there is a cat park, a dog park, and a pet store. I didn't make them very elaborate, as I was worried about having too many large lots. I did add food bowls and toys to many of the community lots, because I hate to see pets starve. The only EA lots are the equestrian center and training ground.

World objects include a rainbow, balloon, sea gulls, geese, waves, lots of rocks and trees, ruins, waterfall, all the spawners, etc. I had wanted to include the mine and the little train, but they didn't quite fit. I'd originally planned to make the mountains accessible, but discovered that I needed to push everything closer to the center of the map so the edges wouldn't be seen.

Since this is my first world, there are many things I'd do a little differently next time, and a few minor things to fix (bumpy road!), but after playing it for a sim year, I'm happy that there are no routing issues or lag.

One thing I discovered is that the WA register at the antique shop doesn't work, so you may want to switch that out with a consignment register.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    May i know what are the name of the 4 showtime venues?? I think i saw 4 only. Beach, Furnace, Coffee bean, Dark Something (cant rem)...what is the last one?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Polo Club. It's zoned as an Exclusive Club, but it has a stage and a proprietor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My sim is singer and has reached lvl 9 but the tidal stage (big show venue) i dont seem to able to use it...

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited May 2013
    Silverdrake,

I just downloaded your world and started playing with it. Its really nice. Its very pretty, and I like all the households so far, even through I haven't been able to play with it much, but I do have a couple minor issues with it.

One of the households didn't have enough beds in their house, There were five sims including the husband and wife but only three beds. I had to add a fourth bed for one of the teenagers, and get rid of the crib, which was nice, but completely unnecessary given the fact that there was no baby or toddler in that household. You really should include the correct number of beds in a house for each household, unless its necessary for your story not to do so.

Also, when I accepted a request to have a signer perform at the towns private venue it told me the town didn't have one, so he could perform at in my town. So I had to add a private venue.

Interestingly enough he ended up performing at the Polo Club instead, despite the fact that I hadn't changed the lot type. There seems to still be some issues with adding Showtime stages to Late Night Venues. Its too bad really, but it would good way to save space, and the fewer lots you have the easier it is to make the town feel like its not a ghost town. I also really think that EA really over did it with all the different types of "bar" venues.
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a very nice world. I've been playing it for the last few days and so far, haven't had many problems other then little bits of lag here and there which is most likely on my end.

Edit: Since I read that the register in the antique shop doesn't work, I may just demolish that building and build something else there.

One other thing I like about your town, but it could be from me using Nrass story progression to populate the town is the fact that your town is the only town I've been able to get someone to staff the coffee bar that I put in another lot I added into the world.
  • Options
    GlukkaGlukka Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I fell in love with the world... And now I'm pulling my hair out, because I don't have World Adventures=((
    There is nothing that can be done about that, is there?
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am however running into a problem with this world. Sims at the nectary are putting out messages like they are stuck. Not sure what they are trying to do. I've since removed the nectary in hopes that my game won't lag as much. It is still a rather nice town though.
  • Options
    minamina2minamina2 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Could you upload the CAW-files? :D I think the world is beautiful but I would like to make some changes of my own. :)
  • Options
    NettaRoseNettaRose Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm downloading as we speak. I'm really excited to try this world out, I spend more time trying to find the perfect world with everything so I can play all ep's at once and it sounds like this is it. I'm stoked! Thanks for what looks to be the perfect world.
  • Options
    LolaruLolaru Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello! I downloaded this world a couple of days ago and I'm loving it! However, I have encountered a bug, and it seems to only affect Erewhon. No matter what family I choose to play, I can't adopt a pet. Adoption services works fine in other worlds, but just doesn't seem to work in Erewhon! I will get the notice that the pet is coming, but it never does. (I tested in other worlds and it only took about 1-2 sim hours) I'm really sad, because currently this is my favorite world.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Lolaru wrote:
    Hello! I downloaded this world a couple of days ago and I'm loving it! However, I have encountered a bug, and it seems to only affect Erewhon. No matter what family I choose to play, I can't adopt a pet. Adoption services works fine in other worlds, but just doesn't seem to work in Erewhon! I will get the notice that the pet is coming, but it never does. (I tested in other worlds and it only took about 1-2 sim hours) I'm really sad, because currently this is my favorite world.

Hi and sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you. I haven't had any trouble adopting pets, so I am wondering if you have pet adoption turned off with a mod? It could also be that something went wrong with the pet adoption process, the pet never arrived, and so the process got stuck. Try resetting everything in the town with Twallan's Master Controller. You can also make some pets in CAF or download pets and add them to families, though that doesn't fulfill the "Adopt a Pet" wish.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glukka wrote:
    I fell in love with the world... And now I'm pulling my hair out, because I don't have World Adventures=((
    There is nothing that can be done about that, is there?

You can still install the world. The game replaces any objects from EPs and SPs that you don't own, so there may be some odd furniture here and there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top