Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 8: Landscaping Start to Finish! Guest Professor:itguyinsc! Link to lesson in post one!

Comments

• Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2013
    itguyinsc wrote:
    Hello everyone! I am excited that you are interested in the landscaping class. This class will be a more basic version but should really spruce up your lots.

Hello Itsy! I'm really excited about the landscaping, I would love to learn to make my lots look fabulous. Basic is good, it is where you should always start! Maybe sometime in the future, you will consider coming back and teaching advanced if we are nice students and bribe you... um, I mean learn our lessons well? :lol:

Does anyone have a specific lesson they might like to see next?

Some of the things I have toyed with:
    1. Using house plans to make a Sim house.
    2. Using MOO to make "new" furniture and architecture.
    3. Interior Design and using CAS.

I'm open to other ideas! Does anyone have a project they would love to do but not feel equal to?

Oh, I want numbers 1, 2, and 3!!!

No, really, I am extremely interested in all three! Of those 3, I would say I am least proficient in number two. :shock:
    Oh, that didn't sound right, did it. Oh, wait! *looks at list again*
    I take that back... number one is where I have most of my problems! :shock: *shakes head*
    Then again, I do have a really hard time figuring where to place furniture, and how to put all my colors and such together. :hunf: *sigh*

I want numbers 1, 2, and 3! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2013
    Itsy's landscaping course is likely to be a single lesson (I've told her she can have as many lessons as she wants, but she thinks one is what she will need). I don't have the next course lined up just yet, but I am thinking about what we might like to see.

I'm open to other ideas! Does anyone have a project they would love to do but not feel equal to?

Ooh, I'd love all three things!
    With 1 I have the worst way of doing it - alt+tab 'So that goes like that', alt+tab, *copies in game* etc so the course would be a great help!
    With 2 it would be a really neat new trick to learn
    With 3 it would be a fantastic course in general! Would it include how to do interior design to a specific style as I seem to go into modern mode in all my builds?
    Any Zoo U course would be great as I love learning new things and every Zoo U course is a huge help with improving my builds.

And, of course, this course is an IMMENSE help as when I landscape I get a bit *ahem* lazy

So it will help me a LOT! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2013
    Itsy's landscaping course is likely to be a single lesson (I've told her she can have as many lessons as she wants, but she thinks one is what she will need). I don't have the next course lined up just yet, but I am thinking about what we might like to see.

All of the above, please! Really, I love the idea of using house plans to make a SIm house and while I've been experimenting with making new furniture with MOO, I haven't been successful with making it functional all the time.

This is so much fun :-)
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Anybody know where Cressie and Jenny are? Aren't they doing this course? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited April 2013
    So Zoo in answer to your question all three I would be interested in, though if you make me choose one, it would be 2 I guess. I would love to get better at MOO. Now to go poke Jenny and Cressie. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jenny just got a job. Yay Jenny!! But maybe she will still be able to join us.

I haven't seen Cressie. :cry: Hope she isn't having blown-up computer syndrome. Cressie, I'm saving you a seat! :D *slips tack onto chair*
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited April 2013
    i'll be lurking ;)
  • Options
    RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hello, can I register for the landscaping course please? :D
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2013
    Register me :-D

Luckily I have this Saturday off :-) 27.5 hours of work this week and 32 next week.

I am looking forward to this course!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2013
    itguyinsc wrote:
    Hello everyone! I am excited that you are interested in the landscaping class. This class will be a more basic version but should really spruce up your lots.

@Zoo...
    I've emailed you. Let me know if my format will work. Thanks :)

I answered! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i'll be lurking ;)

Why not register? We would love to have you join us.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Hello, can I register for the landscaping course please? :D

I'll add your name to the class roster right away! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jenny0786 wrote:
    Register me :-D

Luckily I have this Saturday off :-) 27.5 hours of work this week and 32 next week.

I am looking forward to this course!

YAY! I'm glad work isn't going to keep you from taking class with us!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2013

YAY! I'm glad work isn't going to keep you from taking class with us!

I am so happy that I will get to attend this weeks class. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zoo and Itsy, lost my Uncle unexpectedly yesterday afternoon. Not sure of arrangements yet, but I might not be around for class on Saturday. I'll miss you, but I'll make sure to take it afterwards, and have plenty of questions for you when I do, I'm sure.

Thanks for hosting these classes for us.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Zoo and Itsy, lost my Uncle unexpectedly yesterday afternoon. Not sure of arrangements yet, but I might not be around for class on Saturday. I'll miss you, but I'll make sure to take it afterwards, and have plenty of questions for you when I do, I'm sure.

P-Pup I am so very sorry to hear this! It is very hard to lose a loved one! Always here is you need to talk with someone!

And we will be awaiting your return!

Hugs and prayers to you and your family!

<3 Jenny
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I would really like the Interior Design and using CAS. I feel like my interior's could be much better!

But 1 and 2 would also be interesting. I use MOO alot; but making "new" furniture and architecture I havent really done.
  • Options
    Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2013
    @ppup---I am sorry to hear of your loss. :cry:

That is good to know about the homework stuff, thanks. I haven't finished the Interior of the big lot yet. Nor fixed the pics of the remodeled EA house. I played hooky, sorry, lol, and I built a hotel instead because I am planning on doing a Rainbow Wishacy. I was going to do the hotel challenge, but I am not quite up to it yet.

I liked all the suggestions for other classes. It sounds great. Some of the stuff I have yet to learn are in previous lessons, which I am still trying to work through.

Maybe you could add stuff like specific architecture types? I always have Castles on the brain, because I have a Medieval Random Legacy story that I blog, and I am still trying to build a Medieval world. But I so fail at building castles! I have 12 failed attempts in various worlds.

Sorry--I tend to prattle, lol But back to architecture---I think I remember you had some type of lesson that involved a modern style house, but there are so many other types. Shotgun Style, Gothic, Colonial, Bungalow, etc. etc. Anyway, just an idea. :)

I look forward to Saturday!
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    P-Pup, very sorry to hear about your loss :(

And I agree with Nirar22 about specific types, maybe I'll actually build a house that isn't modern... someday...
    If so, I'd really love to learn about - art deco, colonial, a-frame, mid-century modern and beachy :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited April 2013
    P-Pup so sorry to hear about your loss. :cry:
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited April 2013
    priscapup wrote:

Awh, hugs from me to you, sweetie. Family comes first! Please accept my condolences. Praying that you and your family are comforted by each other's company and past memories. Love-itsy
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2013
    Prisca,

i am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.

Warmly,

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm really excited about this course! :mrgreen:
    (this isn't a bump, I was changing webpages and my hand slipped, miraculously typing this message and pressing the submit button)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Priscapup, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    I'm really excited about this course! :mrgreen:
    (this isn't a bump, I was changing webpages and my hand slipped, miraculously typing this message and pressing the submit button)

:D
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top