Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Undercity - Sims 3 Ghetto (Now Populated!)

Comments

• Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a bug holding me up. My park is screwy. Anyone familar with this?

nLnLzZf.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Looks like a cloning issue. I have seen a few posts about sims disappearing or being cloned caused by some incompatabilities with Uni and some mods - but have not seen it myself. I am not sure if they meant massive cloning like that or not. I know one of the uncompatable mods was the Traveller mod - I don't recall what else but I know there was problems with at least 3 of Twallans mods - I believe it was in Crinricts bug thread.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Looks like a cloning issue. I have seen a few posts about sims disappearing or being cloned caused by some incompatabilities with Uni and some mods - but have not seen it myself. I am not sure if they meant massive cloning like that or not. I know one of the uncompatable mods was the Traveller mod - I don't recall what else but I know there was problems with at least 3 of Twallans mods - I believe it was in Crinricts bug thread.

The trouble is my Seasons objects are missing. I tried placing new ones and all that did was bring new NPCs. The Kissing Booth people still use the animations like the booth is there but its not.

I of course tried deleting the park & made a totally new one but in vain. I'm picky about my mods only user No Mosaic, Story Progression, Saver, and Overwatch,
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well I know sp and MC as well as overwatch all also had problems when Uni first came out but I don't know what they were causing, just saw it in Crinrict list of mods not compatable with Uni and the 1.50 patch. That was like the first few days - then I was over at Twallans checking on overwatch for another simmer a day or so ago and Twallan had just updated Overwatch . So if you did not get a new update of that one you might want to go check it out. I did not look into MC or sp while I was there, but I did see Traveller mod still was not working right with Uni either. I have no idea about Mosaic, I just know it is known as the most troublesome mod when ever there is any new eps.

I do know making a festival lot since Uni came out has been fine for people with out mods, so I would guess at least one of those may be playing Havoc. I in fact just downloaded a new festival lot that was featured made with Uni in mind and it works mint.

I'll go check at NRass again, and see what Twallan has posted. If I see anything pertinent to this I will come back, but if not I have no other idea what it could be.

ETA -I am not seeing anything revelant to this problem at NRASS at all. Even if you had Traveller mod, all that seems to do is cause a variety of crashes. So if there were cloning issues and duplicating, it should have been there. I went to all the issue pages on your list of mods, as well as his main update info - and nothing. Of course he does not have a Mosaic, so you might want to check at the site where that came from. I am heading back to Crinrict bug thread and see if anything like that has been reported with the Festival lots. O do take it that is a festival lot from what you said. So sorry, haven't gotten anything yet.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Hey from what I have found so far No Mosaic is causing Missing effects or no effects to show on lots. So that may be why the festival stuff is not showing. That is posted in Crinricts Bug thread as something still not solved since patch 1.50 and University.

But so far have nothing regarding the cloning issue. There was slight references here and there and on certain mod sites, but none really fit your issue. Sorry I can't locate anything else - unless THE No mOSAIC is also corrupting your files as that is the only thing I saw coming up and creating duplicates like that is corrupt game files. Not sure how this would weigh against a world file or if it would even be an issue.

Well I tried. Sorry I couldn't find anything definite but the missing effects.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2013
    OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!! I love the idea, I've been wanting a world like this forever!!!! The kind of sims you can make for it, would be very interesting. Kind of reminds me of the south side of Chicago.... Book marked!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Diancarock wrote:
    OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!! I love the idea, I've been wanting a world like this forever!!!! The kind of sims you can make for it, would be very interesting. Kind of reminds me of the south side of Chicago.... Book marked!

Glad you think so. I've been lost on the southside of Chicago & driven through the bronx in New York. They were the base image I had in mind.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Hey from what I have found so far No Mosaic is causing Missing effects or no effects to show on lots. So that may be why the festival stuff is not showing. That is posted in Crinricts Bug thread as something still not solved since patch 1.50 and University.

But so far have nothing regarding the cloning issue. There was slight references here and there and on certain mod sites, but none really fit your issue. Sorry I can't locate anything else - unless THE No mOSAIC is also corrupting your files as that is the only thing I saw coming up and creating duplicates like that is corrupt game files. Not sure how this would weigh against a world file or if it would even be an issue.

Well I tried. Sorry I couldn't find anything definite but the missing effects.

I tried building the lot for a 3rd time. This time very carefully. I think its working so far. It looks less crummy but hopefully I can get it to not bug out.
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2013
    You might try twalains decensor mod, it works like the other, but I've never had a problem with it.
  • Options
    MatpengMatpeng Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2013
    This world is so amazing ! I just love it !
    I really want to see this downloadable. Good luck, and good continuation !
    NATASHA_zpstbj4jzku.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    citytube wrote:
    You might try twalains decensor mod, it works like the other, but I've never had a problem with it.

Thanks for suggestion. I might give that a try. The 3rd attempt at a park seems to be working. I'm being very careful about editing the item in it. Seems to be working.

I've also been play testing it. So far I don't see a lot of routing issues. Overwatch catches a few stationary Sims here and there but relatively small number.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In general I think my game isn't having too many pathing issues. Just as a pre-caution going to take the advice in this thread and make some changes to try to cut it down more. The park still needs work. I have next 3 days off work so I can plan to get test version on exchange. :)

Picture of Undercity in winter :)
    PbvuqT7.jpg
  • Options
    NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oooh this looks exciting, bookmarked :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I put up on my website the files for beta testing if anyone is interested. I'm going to be playing in it a bit more before I release it to the exchange.
  • Options
    CSsims926CSsims926 Posts: 195 Member
    edited April 2013
    Downloaded! I LOVE IT!!!!! I espically love the storage bin house!
  • Options
    SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2013
    Ok I just downloaded it and I'm ready to go test it out,by the pics I think I'm going to really like it!! I have been wanting a world like this since create a world came out!! I'll be back.....if I don't get mugged in the slums!!! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Had been uploaded to exchange
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just wanted to say a huge thank you for making this world. Because as I flicked through it, I realised how eerily similar it is to a world I've wanted to make for a while now, but could never get CAW to do what I wanted. The only things I would have done differently is no rabbitholes, no bridges or subways and no roads that cars travel on, but I can easily fix the first one and look past the others! So thank you so much!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just wanted to say a huge thank you for making this world. Because as I flicked through it, I realised how eerily similar it is to a world I've wanted to make for a while now, but could never get CAW to do what I wanted. The only things I would have done differently is no rabbitholes, no bridges or subways and no roads that cars travel on, but I can easily fix the first one and look past the others! So thank you so much!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad you are enjoying it. :) This was a world request by users so hopefully some will have fun in it.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited April 2013
    Love it!

I played all evening. It's beautiful in its slum, ghettoiness. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Love it!

I played all evening. It's beautiful in its slum, ghettoiness. :mrgreen:

Glad you like it. Any suggestions for improvement are welcome. :)
  • Options
    PlumbobGuy96PlumbobGuy96 Posts: 23
    edited April 2013
    You should use the Bridgeport sea and sky color
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You should use the Bridgeport sea and sky color

No a bad idea. I've not really tried to change the sea or sky color.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    UC was updated with some visual changes & added population.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Changed out some of the images with ones for my Sims who actually live there.