Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Undercity - Sims 3 Ghetto (Now Populated!)

YewzA.pngUjdNa.pngTj4uH.png0Ib23.pngj72bk.png2bglB.png33IJR.pngfh8ejWR.pngA1lFUrD.png2riP5oI.png

I did an update to UC. It is now populated http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7534433

UC Version 1/unpopulated is on Exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7197970

The packaged park may have issues. Replace it with this one: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7170763

More pictures can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/mysimworlds/home/what-s-up

Imgur album has more photos: http://imgur.com/a/RgYtf/
GMjiY89.jpg
mTCmfcE.jpg
7OAUSXZ.jpg
ujeBk9J.jpg
WjYUjMZ.jpg
kCMW9xY.jpg
fbiy565.jpg
djx6qCN.jpg
Uj3CQFl.jpg
4oPZFB0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited March 2013

I like it, it has a very slummy feel :D

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2013
    Cllevett

Well, if you wanted it to look like a Slum, it most certainly does, except some of the buildings, in particular the rabbit holes, look a bit too fancy, not to mention clean.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    I really like it! It reminds me of home, San Francisco, after some sort of catastrophe. I'm looking forward to following your progress with this.

Just wait 'til my graffiti artist hits those walls!
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited March 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Cllevett

Well, if you wanted it to look like a Slum, it most certainly does, except some of the buildings, in particular the rabbit holes, look a bit too fancy, not to mention clean.

You are correct. I noticed that when I started taking screenshots. Some of the buildings are a bit nice because I got lazy. :P Was reusing the ones that came with Showtime. Thinking about remaking a few of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    cllevett wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Cllevett

You are correct. I noticed that when I started taking screenshots. Some of the buildings are a bit nice because I got lazy. :P Was reusing the ones that came with Showtime. Thinking about remaking a few of them.

Cllevett,

If only EA had given us some broken and boarded up windows as I had hoped they would have with Supernatural. That would definitely help.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:

If only EA had given us some broken and boarded up windows as I had hoped they would have with Supernatural. That would definitely help.

That would be useful!!! I really wanted boarded windows for my house on the corner. I did manage to make windows with bars of sorts. Looks pretty good for shops especially.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:

There have been so many people asking for building components like this.

cllevett I love how your world is progressing. I've bulldozed Bridgeport to try something like this and just haven't gotten around to starting it yet.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Its so shanty! Good for post apocalyptic challenge. Rattle snake ridge had been crashing to me, so this could be a good place for exodus.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks great, and I love the name. :D The black road doesn't seem to fit the theme to me though, it reminds me of marble.
  • Options
    AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That city looks really nice.
    This topic is so bookmark'ed. :)
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think it looks really cool and I love the detail your putting into it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Its so shanty! Good for post apocalyptic challenge. Rattle snake ridge had been crashing to me, so this could be a good place for exodus.

I had that in mind too. :) The bridge that exits the island is blocked off by a fence. No escaping!!!
  • Options
    AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited March 2013
    What EPs/SPs and Store Content did you use?
    I'm awlays hoping for worlds to have everything included, since I'm too lazy to put all those lots in myself (usually there is not enough space anyways...)
    Will you use CC?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What EPs/SPs and Store Content did you use?
    I'm awlays hoping for worlds to have everything included, since I'm too lazy to put all those lots in myself (usually there is not enough space anyways...)
    Will you use CC?

Added exps to the top. Little store content. I did add the basketball court but otherwise no paid content and it could be replaced with soccer nets if people like.

No player made CC.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2013
    cllevett wrote:
    No player made CC.

Really? No third party CC? If that's true I can't wait till it's done.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cllevett,

I might also download it, if it doesn't use any CC. Its definitely different than most of the other worlds out there and might be fun to play.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Cllevett,

I might also download it, if it doesn't use any CC. Its definitely different than most of the other worlds out there and might be fun to play.

No CC. I try to keep all player made CC out of my game. I also try to limit building to official expansions & free store items. I make worlds for you guys rather than myself. :) Especially this one. This world's inspiration was Simmers posting on forum & reddit requests.
  • Options
    CSsims926CSsims926 Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is this world almost done? I can't wait to play it! It looks awesome!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey, just wanted to warn you, as I was looking at your pictures and those lots with just a single wide space sidewalk in front of them are going to give you a major headache as the game no longer tolerates a single space sidewalk and will freeze up on you - never mind the number of sims who will get stuck there - I don't even want to mention the nightmare simmers will encounter with that trash can on the corner or what happens when sims have pets installed - this world is going to have serious lag as horses need three spaces wide to turn around, deer need two as do all sims, if there are doors especially like on your building seems are going to toss route fail without three spaces wide where the doors are. Anyway, just though I should let you know.

But I believe it was after late night came out it became problematic to just have a single space walk area and once pets came out it became mandatory to have two or more spaces wide for areas with out doors and with doors you have to have the space the doors require plus sims space. I would take it you need to use moveobjects on to even place those door, and using MOO now a day in anything a sims can use as well as for windows and doorways is the basis for a world that is going to freeze badly. MOO is no longer recommended in building in sims 3 as sims do not see the space you have created they only see the space the game itself with out moo requires.

Granted most areas look good, but at least those two buildings in the closeup pic, are going to need more space around them or they will be pure trouble.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Hey, just wanted to warn you, as I was looking at your pictures and those lots with just a single wide space sidewalk in front of them are going to give you a major headache as the game no longer tolerates a single space sidewalk and will freeze up on you - never mind the number of sims who will get stuck there - I don't even want to mention the nightmare simmers will encounter with that trash can on the corner or what happens when sims have pets installed - this world is going to have serious lag as horses need three spaces wide to turn around, deer need two as do all sims, if there are doors especially like on your building seems are going to toss route fail without three spaces wide where the doors are. Anyway, just though I should let you know.

But I believe it was after late night came out it became problematic to just have a single space walk area and once pets came out it became mandatory to have two or more spaces wide for areas with out doors and with doors you have to have the space the doors require plus sims space. I would take it you need to use moveobjects on to even place those door, and using MOO now a day in anything a sims can use as well as for windows and doorways is the basis for a world that is going to freeze badly. MOO is no longer recommended in building in sims 3 as sims do not see the space you have created they only see the space the game itself with out moo requires.

Granted most areas look good, but at least those two buildings in the closeup pic, are going to need more space around them or they will be pure trouble.

I'll keep it in mind when I play test it this weekend. I've not experienced any of the problems you've described in the first rough draft but I'll see if I can't forcibly break a few things. I'm not sure which doors you think took MOO to place. I rarely use the MOO tool and never use it on doors, only for the occasional decor.

On side note while I like Pets I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE?!?!?!! the wild horses/deer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oooh... interesting! The title made me think of subterrainian places though: it would be cool if there was underground living, clubs, etc... Great work though! I love the idea!!! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oooh... interesting! The title made me think of subterrainian places though: it would be cool if there was underground living, clubs, etc... Great work though! I love the idea!!! :D

One of the clubs, shops, and the graveyard are underground. I originally intended to do more that way. Actually the name comes from my naming scheme. Most my worlds are named after World of Warcraft zones. :)
  • Options
    CSsims926CSsims926 Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2013
    Could you release a beta version like, right now? I really want to see this place on my screen!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    It is the ones on the two buildings on picture 6. Hope that helps - as I know door usually won't go in where there is just one space before the road - so the only way I have seen anyone force them to do that was with Moo - that is why I just assumed that. As the game has a problem even though it allows walls one space away for the sides of a lot, it even balks over roofs and everything else and even if you manage to get a roof besides the flat one to work, when installed in game, there are sometimes strange build tile floating about when you look up from the ground at angles. I generally saw this a lot when building some tiny lots for one of Rflongs Tiny town worlds.

Anyway, just figured I'd mention it and you could check it when you are testing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It is the ones on the two buildings on picture 6. Hope that helps - as I know door usually won't go in where there is just one space before the road - so the only way I have seen anyone force them to do that was with Moo - that is why I just assumed that. As the game has a problem even though it allows walls one space away for the sides of a lot, it even balks over roofs and everything else and even if you manage to get a roof besides the flat one to work, when installed in game, there are sometimes strange build tile floating about when you look up from the ground at angles. I generally saw this a lot when building some tiny lots for one of Rflongs Tiny town worlds.

Anyway, just figured I'd mention it and you could check it when you are testing.

No worries. No pathing issues. Here picture of happy Sim. I double checked all like buildings.
    GARL1yH.jpgZN0PxDq.jpg