Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gertrude Harmony and Richmore Dorms p2 and the Richmore Household

follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
This is my first Dorm for sim 3. It was built by Gertrude Harmony so that students could live in a peaceful learning enviroment. No cc and play tested. I hope you have fun with it. :D Folly
Link
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7085710
Exterior and layout pictures. :D
Screenshot-146-1_zpsa9dee448.jpg

25i59vr.jpg

kupgm.jpg

2zgdwlu.jpg

5dv7ed.jpg

s1q0d0.jpg

50finc.jpg

Thank you for taking a look. :D Will post some interior pictures later.
Hugs Folly

Comments

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2013
    What a very pretty building, Folly! It does look very harmonious! I wish my daughters dorm house was that nice!

Recd!

T
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks a very nice Uni dorm building for students to live in. :) The green plants/shrubs and trees look good with the design of the building. I'll come back later to see the interior pictures.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Taryn :lol: I know what you mean now when my daught was in a dorm in Canada. Her room was bright green luckly that is her favourite colour. :D Although she did have to line up in her PJ's a few time because she had locked herself out. :lol: Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Rose :D Your kindness always makes me smile. :D
    Here are some more pictures. I hope to upload some more later. Folly
    21j2cuq.jpg

ih31vt.jpg

2dj2vzc.jpg

148axe.jpg

vhvnd3.jpg

2cy1c80.jpg

wcomeg.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The interior looks very nice. The colours/pattern you used for the walls and beds in the bedroom look good, and the whole colour scheme/wall decor/furnishings used throughout the build make it feel very much like a calm home away from home when our Sims are off studying at Uni. I like the framed pictures behind the beds as they look homely. A nice dorm ! :)
  • Options
    NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited March 2013
    Very nice building, I'll save it to my fav list for future use since I haven't gotten my hands on Uni yet. ;)

This dorm would look perfect in a desert/Lucky Palms type of campus. :D
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2013
    That looks beautiful! Great job!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2013
    Folly, lovely modern dorm. :D I love the placement of windows. Love what you have done with the fountain, plants and the exotic wall sculpture! Love the eating area with the pool table. Great job Folly! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Rose I tried to keep to a neutral colour pallette with a nature theme to create a calm feel. :D:D Hugs Folly
    Thank you Nofravell Iam glad you like it. :D I hope you get your hands on the new Uni EP soon. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like how CLEAN everything looks!!!

Lol...the mom in me....

:lol: t
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Illusie :D:D
    Hi Yanti So glad you like it. :D:D I Started two dorms at the same time the other is a coverted mansion. But I finished the modern first. :shock: Thank you for stopping by. :D:D Hugs Folly
    :lol::lol: A mother can only dream Taryn
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi, dear Folly! I've haunted your thread throughout the Creative Corner, and found it on the 9th page :D
    Your Gertrude Harmony Dorms looks gorgeous, love the architecture and the light/airy atmosphere! :) My favourite touch is the fountain at the entrance.
    Take care and have a wonderful weekend! *big hugs* - Ildi :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh dear! so sorry Ildi for the late reply I thought the thread was quiet. :( I had to search for it myself as Iam hoping to add another dorm this weekend. :D
    Thank you for your wonderful comments its lovely to get them from one of my favourite builders. :D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    YOTEAMOYOTEAMO Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey folly!

A harmonious dorm indeed :D I really like what you've done with the interior, it feels very chillaxed and a great job with the flooring downstairs too.
    rec'd ofc!

Yote xx
  • Options
    NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited March 2013
    Beautiful folly, downloading this as soon as I get home!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Chillaxed :lol: love it. :D Thank you dear Yote for your lovely feed back.
    Hugs Folly :D
    Thank you Noirran :D I hope you have fun with it. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited March 2013
    great looking Victorian design Folly, rec's for both dorm and sims. :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Boots very much appreciated. :D Folly
    Just a few pictures will upload some more later. Folly
    2py2fci.jpg

2pqrz0y.jpg

313fyup.jpg

2vv26n5.jpg

24fe2o5.jpg

sc6d0i.jpg

2q38az6.jpg

1580zl.jpg

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh Folly! :D The drom and the family - both are looking fantastic! :D How did I miss this? :shock: Sorry about that! :oops: I love the dorm. Lovely build and it is full of charm. Like all your builds. The family looks so authentic/realistic! I love the fact that you have added a family black and white potrait for the cover pic. Looks so real! Recommended both the house and the household and added both to my favourites too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi, dear Folly! :) I've already commented and rec'd your lovely couple when you uploaded, and it's great to see a beautiful dorm built by you! It seems a beautiful place for students to live while they on University. :)
    Take care and have a wonderful day! *hugs* - Ildi :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The Richmore family and your Dorm are really great! :) The sepia photos of them and the look so good, and I like the idea behind the dorm of the kind Richmores being the benefactors of this lovely dorm. Just very nice that it was their old family home that then turned in a place for Uni students to stay. Lovely design of the building and very nice flower and plsnt work. The interior furnishings lock lovely. It would be such a special place for our Sims students to stay whilst studying. A real family homely home dorm experience!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi Dear Yanti :D Thank you :D I had a lot of fun doing the pictures and the set (build) for the picture with the Richmores. So happy that you think they look realistic and they are going to live in your favourites. :D:D:D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Folly!

The new dorms look great! And the Richmore household looks good as well! The dorms look very classic and stylish, definitely rec'd! :mrgreen:

~Will
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi Dear Ildi
    Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, Iam thinking of building a new Victorian home for the Richmores at the moment they are just living in a shell.
    Wishing you and yours a happy Easter. :D Hugs Folly