Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not but I am missing animations for the science machines and its driving me insane! They can use them but there is always something missing like the lasers in the science machine dont appear or the group science project thing does not show anything on the screen. Can anyone help please?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    isitachimiisitachimi Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2013
    reporting that I'm having an issue here with not being able to play the purchased DLC, university life.

suggestion:
    all patches needed for anything broken on any game should never have the client downloading junk all over the web or having to google for a work around. yes, I deleted the files mentioned. yes got the patch, did nothing for this issue. uninstalled game, saved copy of my game save WITH deleted files for university. done. loaded it up on a fresh game and on a different drive. sims go to enroll, they meet up in front of home. then I go to a screen in my town that isn't the university and I am returned. this dlc OPS checks bad for me. I don't use mods fyi.

I was able to go to college on one sim only and finish degree just fine for 2 terms and after that the DLC had a major breakdown which prevented me from playing the dlc university. anything preventing and game breaking should be fixed quickly and taken seriously. NO I don't use mods!

other issues,
    had a problem when child was sent to boarding school but never left my home and I was not allowed to remove her as no option was available for that. so she was at home roaming around the whole entire time without even having to go to school in town. later I got a notice that do to her "indifferent" studies, I couldn't pick her trait.

other issues, when storing relics I purchased and later analyzed I would put relics in storage called "treasure chest". While in the split form, hit blue corner you get the stack menu and while there attempting to put tons of stuff of away ONE BY ONE through that menu because I see ZERO options to put it in all at once with one click of a button I THEN NOTICE that the RELIC ICON CHANGES BEFORE MY EYES to pictures randomly of every relic to collect in the game. HA! that was insane. as I grab another relic it would shift in the stack menu window but when dropped into storage window it was miraculously SHIFT back to the icon graphic that it was originally.

more issues, hired baby sitters would run around like chickens with heads cut off and get stuck on the opposite side of the fence outside on border or property lot and stand there but never die. I thought the sitter left so I went to order another sitter. the option wasn't allowing me to get another sitter. previous to her disappearance I noticed she would run around the lot a lot and I thought that was weird. later I found the sitter on other side of fence confused and just standing there. I clicked on her and was able to dismiss her and gain my baby sitter hiring rights back.

even more issues, sims not fully respecting orders or prompts by me given to them when all of their bars were green. they would simply cancel out my order and do whatever they wanted too regardless of their green indicator needs bars.

what's worse is one of my sims woke up with almost all her green bars full with the exception of her energy bar being full, she woke up and hunted the mother down to her bedroom and asked "can I leave home"? then she went back up to a full green energy bar and started doing free will non sense.

after the first round of college BUG:
    went to college got a degree. came back. got a job. first day of work, sim refused flat out to get into the car and go to work. terrible! I found in another thread to simply make another uniform although you can change the look of original uniform. that post was posted a LONG time ago. long enough that it should of been fixed and its a shame it never was because I found that bug too. I made another outfit and to experiment further I made one that looked exactly like the default job outfit, and another. both worked. I was able to keep my outfit for my job and get into the car as long as I duplicated it. again I had to search the web to find that work around just to send my sim to work. unbelievable.

the workaround, deleting files and getting the patch for this bug however isn't working at all. I have tried every thing I read. offline force patch blah blah, nothing works. the dlc is not playable for me. if you cant go earn your degree why have it? sure you can buy a grade B degree but I wanted to keep playing the rest of the content properly. I don't feel like re-rolling a new family since these 4 I have now have a lot of work put into them which isn't worth the DLC or who is to say it wont happen to a new family as well? I have no guarantee.

this is not a complete list of bugs I have found but from the top of my head these were the most extreme bugs I found. this is someone else's problem. wanted to list what I could think of here in hopes that they will deploy fixes through the launcher that will allow us to continue playing our dlcs with more function as intended.

supernatural DLC issue with supernatural sims I noticed:
    a witches magic energy will refill much faster with her broom flying arena then a fairies magic who drains when using aura and hops on a train which is totally UNBALANCED for magic energy restored even if you can make potions to help you with it that isn't worth the effort until that get balanced to the equal amounts for both or compared to all supernaturals with a magic bar. do a balance check. although supernatural dlc is far less buggy than university life I would stay away from broken or way too buggy dlc's. been playing since the original sims and this is the first time I have seen these many bugs to this extreme. this is disappointing. huge shame because it really is a neat game.

• Options
    georgettehelenageorgettehelena Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    Jock take photo with friend doesn't work.

Both sims stand infront of each other frozen until I click X on the interaction.

To be clear I have completely removed all sims games, all saves, all folders, restarted my PC. Then I downloaded them all and install them all with a clean install, game is also patched. The action didn't work before and it of course still doesn't work. All I am using is what I have bought from EA, I own all stuff packs and expansion packs and store items.

*I do use overwatch mod, but the action didn't work even when overwatch mod was not even installed.

Having this problem, can't figure out how to resolve it.
  • Options
    erinlynn313erinlynn313 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes, only custom content.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    I never used mods

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    University Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The most recent level, 1.55

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    My problem occurs with all games, including new ones and previous ones.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I use new Sims

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    The problem occurs with all EA towns that I have

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    I have the hard copy of the game.

I know that this problem has been reported multiple times already but I would just like to add my name to the list to show that it is affecting many people. Since I purchased University Life, it is impossible for my Sims to move to university or move to any other house in their town. I get through the whole process but when I click on the check mark, it greys out and never takes them into the new home location. The only way I am able to play the game is by creating a new family and never moving them from their house. For some reason, the only time I can move into a house is directly after the Create A Sim process. I have tried uninstalling the game and disabling store content. I have also tried deleting all of my save games and starting a new game. I have also tried each EA town from all of the previous EP that I purchased and the problem occurs everywhere. This problem has made The Sims 3 unplayable for me so I would appreciate at least acknowledgement that the problem is ocurring and that something is being done to try to solve it.

I'm having the same issue! I don't have University Life, but I have Pets, Ambitions, and Seasons installed. I've tried running it without my custom content and I get the same results. I'm also having the same problem like the one coolgirl625 had a few pages back. My main screen has my profile name as "username". I've tried restarting the game and relogging in and nothing happened. Please forward this problem! It's totally frustrating not being able to play other households.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2013
    EAfan99 wrote:
    I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not but I am missing animations for the science machines and its driving me insane! They can use them but there is always something missing like the lasers in the science machine dont appear or the group science project thing does not show anything on the screen. Can anyone help please?

I don't know if it is a fact, but I read that the patch removed the Uni science object's effects. I don't have the effects in my game either. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KaylaLokiKaylaLoki Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    When I send my 2 sims to university, the university zone loads and I pick a house, the tick appears to start playing and then becomes unclickable and I have to ctrl alt delete as there is no over option to come out of the game

I'm having the same problem!!!!! Not sure how to fix it. =/
  • Options
    UglyhumpbackwhalUglyhumpbackwhal Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    KaylaLoki wrote:
    When I send my 2 sims to university, the university zone loads and I pick a house, the tick appears to start playing and then becomes unclickable and I have to ctrl alt delete as there is no over option to come out of the game

SAME PROBLEM. help please! if you find out how to solve this by continuing with the game or..fixing the error, please email me: uglyhumpbackwhale@gmail.com
  • Options
    NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have been getting this problem since installing Island Paradise and sending my sims to University. Always at the same time when my game goes to the next day on the clock, 2 of my sims' icons will grey out and they will lose their family relationships. If I save and then reload them up, then when clicking on the family tree button nothing opens up. This has happened with 3 different sims.

I keep reloading the game to before this happened, but at the exact same time (as soon as the clock changes to the next day) they lose their relationships! I have just installed Overwatch but it doesn't stop it happening
  • Options
    Shadou1981Shadou1981 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No mods, only vanilla content.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    I am not using any mods.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I have never used any mods.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    I have never used any mods.

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I have the University Life full expansion

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    I started a new game after installing University, and hadn't installed any additional mods before I observed this problem occuring.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    New sims.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Moonlight Falls EA

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download via Origin

My problem occurs whenever any sim attempts to use the jock interaction 'Take self photo with...' with any other sim. The sim and the targetted sim walk to the determined location, and they just stare at each other until I cancel the interaction. The photo is never actually taken. If an autonomous sim attempts to use this interaction on my targetted sim, it will interrupt whatever my sim was doing to have my sim walk over to them and stare at them, until I cancel the interaction.

In addition, whether or not the two sims actually meet up and stare at each other at the designated spot, the designated spot becomes unpathable. If the spot was in front of an entry/exit door, any sims inside the room will be trapped. If the spot was in front of the stove/fridge, it will prevent the sims from being able to cook. Sims seem to REALLY like taking pictures in front of the fridge or stove.

The only success I've had in unblocking these blocked squares has been to evict the family, save a copy of the house, bulldoze the lot, and place the family, house and all, back on the lot. Whatever is left blocking pathways after the 'take self photo with...' interaction fails doesn't seem to be saved when a house is moved/saved/loaded.

I've seen people complaining about the invisible objects blocking squares before, but I don't know if anyone's pinpointed the cause. For me, it's this social. The 'Take self photo with...' interaction. It drives me up the wall when my sims' jock spouse interrupts my controlled sim's gardening to have them walk over to the fridge and stare at their spouse until I interrupt the action.

Can we PLEASE have this interaction disabled for use by autonomous sims? Or at LEAST stop it from interrupting the controlled sim's player-issued orders? I can deal with the invisible blockings, they're just annoying when I have to reset the lot. What I can't deal with is other jock sims CONSTANTLY interrupting my controlled sims' current order. I can't leave jocks unattended, or even have my controlled sim grouped with an autonomous jock, and this gets annoying as hell to someone that likes to let sims be autonomous and see what they do.
  • Options
    dancer2705dancer2705 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hello
  • Options
    stephanielasheastephanielashea Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't sure where to post this so here goes. After installing patch 1.55 and Island Paradise, the smartphone tab says "failed object" or something to that effect and then when the sim uses it, there is a white/silverish box around them, after they've made a call it goes away. Everything else seems to work fine. It's just that one glitch that I know of. Not really sure what to do here as everything is up to date and works fine.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2013
    I found this explaination for the missing Uni science objects effects.
    Velocitygrass states the glitch/bug is factual at patch 1.55, quote "For some reason EA has deleted all ep9scienceXXX effects in the latest patch. I guess this is a bug. They also deleted some feedripple effects, but those might be related to underwater fishing that's possible in IP now."

Summarizing, the patch is the culprit. And quote from Velocitygrass again, "the sims 3 effects modder, (...) won't help with this because the mentioned effects are missing from the file in patch 1.55."

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=507113
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CatrinLucyHarperCatrinLucyHarper Posts: 11
    edited September 2013
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my games and downloads but the ovens usually stop working first then my sims dissappear from the family panel at the side and game is unplayable. I have restarted at least 10 games in the last month and am sick of this. Whats the point of spending time building up a game just to loose all of it? I think instead of the sims 4 they should fix this game.... it would be nice if it worked. there is nothing but problems.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited September 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I found this explaination for the missing Uni science objects effects.
    Velocitygrass states the glitch/bug is factual at patch 1.55, quote "For some reason EA has deleted all ep9scienceXXX effects in the latest patch. I guess this is a bug. They also deleted some feedripple effects, but those might be related to underwater fishing that's possible in IP now."

Summarizing, the patch is the culprit. And quote from Velocitygrass again, "the sims 3 effects modder, (...) won't help with this because the mentioned effects are missing from the file in patch 1.55."

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=507113

:(:(:(
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited September 2013
    The coffee shop still resets about 50% of the interactions, I am assuming this was not fixed yet?
  • Options
    WesselGordonWesselGordon Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have major issues with the game since installing patch 1.57 but that's another story worthy of it's own soap opera series.

I spoke to an advisor from EA a few minutes ago and he/she told me that the game update for update 1.57 does not work from the game launcher. You have to update it manually. For those of you interested in the link here it is:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.57.62

Since I'm still updating my game from the manual link I'm not sure if it will sort out my issues but I'm hoping posting the link here will help other Simmers to avoid the frustration I had for the last couple of weeks.

Edit: The above manual install of patch 1.57.62 did solve my issues.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Ultraviola1921Ultraviola1921 Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    KaylaLoki wrote:

SAME PROBLEM. help please! if you find out how to solve this by continuing with the game or..fixing the error, please email me: uglyhumpbackwhale@gmail.com
    Hello, please tell me, did you find a solution to the issue? I am very sad to not be able to play University life anymore, due to this problem:(
  • Options
    AleksandraM16AleksandraM16 Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I also had the same problem. I uinstalled and then installed it back.. Didn't work.. didn't try for a few weeks then updated to the newest version and it works!
    So update update update to the newest version!! :wink:
  • Options
    sabaraschsabarasch Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    KaylaLoki wrote:

Hello, please tell me, did you find a solution to the issue? I am very sad to not be able to play University life anymore, due to this problem:(

I am having the same problem also. I have tried to re-download it and did a manual update. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Lvermeulen87xLvermeulen87x Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Okay here's my problem, when I send a sim off to University it stops working. The screen loads, the sim gets to pick housing and then the check mark comes up and nothing happens.

I have no custom contend, my system meets the requirements and everything is up to date.
  • Options
    HentonBalliganHentonBalligan Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I had a family in Moonlight Falls when I first got Supernatural and then I got University Life so they all went and got their degrees and whatnot and then I had one of my Sims clone herself and when I got back into the game the next time I wanted to play the clone had a different name and I couldn't control the clone, she was just stuck in bed. I tried to make them move house to see if that would work but it screwed it up even more and now I only have one of my original Sims who is married to someone she met at university and they have two toddlers. But now I can only control her husband and none of the faces show up in the boxes where their faces should be. Plus all of the other people who were in that household when they went to university are greyed out like they're still at uni. Also I can't get into edit town because it still says they're moving.

Anyway I got sick of trying to fix it so I started a new family in Sunset Valley and the two of them went to university and when they got back I had them invite a few people they'd met at university over. I had a birthday party for the toddler in the house and then the people from university disappeared so I got out of it and got back in and now everything that is meant to be in the bottom left corner is gone and I can only see the house from the outside and using 'pg down' on the keyboard doesn't work and I can't click anything.

Also if I quit and then try to get back into it, it won't let me but I think that's my computer's fault.

I haven't got any custom content (unless you count the content that came with the limited edition version of University Life) or mods and I never have. I have the latest patch. Is it worth even trying to fix it or should I just uninstall everything and start over?
  • Options
    Nats_88Nats_88 Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if its a bug or what it is but my only sim returned home from uni and now I have an added sim (that my sim has never even met before) added to my game, living in my house... if I move her out she will take the cash my sim saved up hard to get. why do I have an extra sim?
  • Options
    HBPattskynHBPattskyn Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm having a glitch/issue w/ University.

First the technical details. I've got all the expansions (including Into the Future, which I just installed), some store content, no custom content, no mods. I'm on Windows 8, Nvidia GeForce 745 Graphics card, Intel i7 processor.

Here's what's happening: I have a family that completed part of their degrees (currently young adults), before I installed Into the Future. No hitches. Now, though, when I try to go back to Uni, everything loads as normal. I select a place for them to rent. Click on the check mark, it goes grey and then nothing. I don't get the spinny circle that tells me something is happening, the check stays grey. The screen isn't frozen (can scroll), and my computer isn't telling me the game has stopped working--but nothing happens.

Suggestions??

Thanks much. I'd really like these guys to finish their degrees.

• Options
    HalflingdragonsHalflingdragons Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I had the same issue as kjilop. When I removed night life it finally worked. must be a compatibility issue. hope they fix it soon.

Correction: Tried again and still having issues
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BreeBreeBearBreeBreeBear Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if this was already discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere when I was skimming. I downloaded University Life after updating my game. After installing it, I downloaded the patch update. Game was going fine until I got to the University town screen. I was able to selected a household (dorm), but the check mark remained grayed out, disabling me from clicking it. Now, unless I forcibly shut down the game, I'm stuck there. I only use 2 or 3 outfits from other sites in which the CC was included and did not have to download a mesh for it. However, they've never given me problems with new EPs before. What do I do?

did you ever get a solution for this problem? as im having the same issue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top