Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Mods.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods

Twallan's, Shimrod's and Blujay's.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

Moved them out like I was suppose to- in fact I updated BEFORE installing them.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    All updated.

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Both

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    New.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Starlight Shores(EA)

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download.

My Issue:
    The mascot wont stop coming and leaving me welcome kits.He comes every time I load my game.So if I load my game now He'll come, after I'm done playing I save,exit and then the next time I come back and load, he comes back again and leaves another.The Welcome kits are piling up and I'm tired of him coming.Even killing/resetting him doesn't work.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2013
    I may be late to report the glitches but I discovered 2. Although crinrict is no longer answering, I will post here anyways.

*Charisma Friend/Sim requirements can be bypassed with Brain Enhancing Machine. See this video for the glitch
    *Brain Enhancing Machine loses upgrades when traveling to University to Home. I had to reapply the upgrades to use them. I think it occurs if you upgraded the machine at University then travel home or vise-versa. Not sure if the World Adventures worlds are affected by glitch.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited June 2013
    If any Gurus are reading this,

It would be really nice to be able to harvest (pick) forbidden fruit on community lots. Even if the plant goes barren after it has been picked, like the death flowers do, it would be a great addition. Currently, this is the only plant we can't harvest on community lots, and I'm hoping this can be fixed in a patch.
  • CarlathecatsmeowCarlathecatsmeow Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    When I send my 2 sims to university, the university zone loads and I pick a house, the tick appears to start playing and then becomes unclickable and I have to ctrl alt delete as there is no over option to come out of the game
  • danniwinchester1danniwinchester1 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Ok. So thi sucks so badly! Yesterday I bought Supernatural & University Life I installed Supernatural first and it worked fine. Than I installed University Life and it has stuffed my computer up! My computer is being slow and wont pass the loading screen. Sucks majorly so I havent even had the chance to play University life... It sucks majorly.... Is this happening to anybody else? :(
  • mikell163mikell163 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    yesterday preupdate, pull the lever of doom meteor shower worked fine, today after new update i get the moodlet but no shower. I think the new update broke it.
  • JessThmJessThm Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    Hello. I have a few glitches or problems. I'm playing in moon lake falls, the world that comes with super natural. An try to send my sims to university. One of the two happens...it either says something like something has happened here is a refund on your intermission an they are sitting on the side of the road, or something like that. Or I get the college uploaded but my sims aren't there to put them I'm a dorm or house and it wants me to create a new sim, upload a family, or what not.
    Is it just me, or anyone else experiencing that? And what do you do up fix it? :roll:
  • Omnia21Omnia21 Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    When I try to take a photo together with another sim, they just stay standing there, and eventually I have to cancel out the action. :-( In the beggining when I First got the game, it was perfectly fine, but after upddate 1.55 , I've been having issues. I bought in on origin, and barely have a week and a half with it :-( Please help !
  • aliasweasalaliasweasal Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure if this is a bug exactly, but I can't make my sims take a friendly photo! They are both at the point where they can take friendly photos supposedly. But I'll have they do the action and they both stand there, and then eventually give up. I'm really confused? Can anybody help me?
  • mazz2000mazz2000 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have had a bug that NOBODY else seems to have and it is really getting annoying.
    My sim has been having lots of party invitations lately, but when I get to the party, there is always three or four guests at the most. Then, after the party is over, my sim would get a call or text saying, "We missed you at the party! Hopefully you can make it next time!" it really isn't a huge deal, but the parties are a large part of uni and I'm really disappointed that it doesn't work properly.
    Another bug I have had specific to the second term at uni, is almost everyone are wearing their graduation gowns...? Again, not a huge deal, but it's something that worries me a little bit. I just don't want to lose yet another sim to mountain of bugs and glitches of University Life.
  • SoulPunkerSoulPunker Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Ever since I bought University it was fine until I installed some store content and now I cant change active households. I click on the tick to play the family and it just goes grey and does nothing. I even un-installed all my store content and its still happening. Even deleted the town and sure enough all my towns are having the same issue. So I cant make a new town or change my household :? Also I have a Macbook Pro and I dunno if its a Mac issue or EA issue
  • simsloveraafsimsloveraaf Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I need to know how to get my sim to leave university after thay have graduated, as they are stuck in the university town¬
  • TamLeeTamLee Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if this goes here or no, but I took my Black dragon to the university and now I've become a mass murderer. Most of the roommate in the dorm have be dying from starvation? don't know how to fix this?
  • simsKreatorsimsKreator Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes, only custom content.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    I never used mods

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    University Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The most recent level, 1.55

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    My problem occurs with all games, including new ones and previous ones.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I use new Sims

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    The problem occurs with all EA towns that I have

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    I have the hard copy of the game.

I know that this problem has been reported multiple times already but I would just like to add my name to the list to show that it is affecting many people. Since I purchased University Life, it is impossible for my Sims to move to university or move to any other house in their town. I get through the whole process but when I click on the check mark, it greys out and never takes them into the new home location. The only way I am able to play the game is by creating a new family and never moving them from their house. For some reason, the only time I can move into a house is directly after the Create A Sim process. I have tried uninstalling the game and disabling store content. I have also tried deleting all of my save games and starting a new game. I have also tried each EA town from all of the previous EP that I purchased and the problem occurs everywhere. This problem has made The Sims 3 unplayable for me so I would appreciate at least acknowledgement that the problem is ocurring and that something is being done to try to solve it.
  • tckoltckol Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2013
    University + Winter = My sim does not make it back from university.
    I am careful to each time before leaving to make sure I am changed into everyday clothes and stop any fairy aura's so I am less likely to encounter bugs due to corrupt sim/career outfit bugs.

No CC other than store stuff being used. Hairstyle is IP though I usually go base game for university students as the game doesn't always like the store hairs.

No Mods

I am patched to the latest 1.55

Game was started tonight/Fresh neighborhood.

Fresh Sim but used template from Cas.

Played in Island Paradise but this is something I have had happen on other worlds custom and non. Winter just seems to be the common element. I can usually get past 1-3 degrees though before it gives me the slime green thumbnail with no sim to be found.

Win 7 DVD's All current games/expansions/stuff-it packs
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited July 2013
    Jock take photo with friend doesn't work.

Both sims stand infront of each other frozen until I click X on the interaction.

To be clear I have completely removed all sims games, all saves, all folders, restarted my PC. Then I downloaded them all and install them all with a clean install, game is also patched. The action didn't work before and it of course still doesn't work. All I am using is what I have bought from EA, I own all stuff packs and expansion packs and store items.

*I do use overwatch mod, but the action didn't work even when overwatch mod was not even installed.

• loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited July 2013
    hi, i am also having the problem with the jock take photo with a friend my sims just freeze in front of each other.

Then today my sim got a boyfriend in uni, she went back for a second time to finish her degree and he was in her household. Then once i finished my degree and went back home he came back with me.
    Has anyone else had this problem at all.
    It has only happened since i have had IP or it could be since the patch as i have not been to uni since this
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2013
    I know you're not responding, but I'd like to just put this here in hopes of EA reading it.

I'm having issues with items disappearing from my sims backpack inventory. First time it happened, I was looking at pictures in my camera, and when I closed the box, the camera disappeared. Eventually it reappeared in the inventory, but I don't know what caused it to happen.

The second time it happened, I moved a frisbee from my inventory to a shelf, when everything but my sims designer tablet disappeared. I'm hoping it'll come back, but until then, I'm afraid to do anything that might cause it to stay that way, like send him on vacation or back to school.

Anyway, I hope this get's fixed. Thank you.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? CC yes, but I played without it and it still happens.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? Latest (I recently used the superpatch for IP)
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New game.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? New sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD

I actually just cleaned out my CC, and deleted my Sims 3 folder to start fresh. My last legacy family had glitches, so I decided to start from scratch. I've only been playing with my new game for a few days when this started to happen.

Diamond

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • lachulalachula Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2013
    i have been having problems with the take photo together and then i installed island paradise made things worst i tried everything for deleting caches and uninstalling to reinstalling i need help
  • UnwillingDonorUnwillingDonor Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this one but my " take photo together" interaction doesnt work. The two sims just stand around and stare at eachother until i cancel it. Only mod i have is overwatch.
  • KrishnaeKrishnae Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Hi I am having troubles with my university Life game, everytime I let my sim enroll on to university, when the sim goes off and the loading screen comes up it loads but freezez at the end of the load so the sim does not reach the university, how can i stop it from crashing? :?:
  • Carolina1993Carolina1993 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else having a bug when you take a picture and go to look at it or pull it out from the phone the pictures aren't there? The action completes itself and I get a notification saying your captured "blah blah" of the yadayada collection (not every time, just an example of how I know the action was completed) But the picture is never there..! Very frustrating! I've tried resetting the sim, restarting the game. Selling the pictures I had (made a few simoleons) exiting the game and restarting it then taking a picture again. But nothing works!! Any help is greatly appreciated. :cry:
  • DulceMellDulceMell Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else having a bug when you take a picture and go to look at it or pull it out from the phone the pictures aren't there? The action completes itself and I get a notification saying your captured "blah blah" of the yadayada collection (not every time, just an example of how I know the action was completed) But the picture is never there..! Very frustrating! I've tried resetting the sim, restarting the game. Selling the pictures I had (made a few simoleons) exiting the game and restarting it then taking a picture again. But nothing works!! Any help is greatly appreciated. :cry:

Have you tried updating Shimrod's Portrait Painting Height Adjustment?
    That did the job for me.

Cheers!
    NraasSignature.png
  • funkylion11funkylion11 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this one but my " take photo together" interaction doesnt work. The two sims just stand around and stare at eachother until i cancel it. Only mod i have is overwatch.

^^ same! the only 'mod' i've downloaded is poseplayer :/ i need help please!
  • gojofangojofan Posts: 14
    edited July 2013
    It appears this bug may be an old one. However, I got this bug when I downloaded Uni. My problem is my sims can't throw parties, and they think they are always at one. I have discovered that if I go into edit town and evict them and move them back into their house it takes care of the problem. I also noticed that if I save my game while my sims think they are at a party it messes the game up. I can't control my sims and all I get is a blank green box where their pictures are suppose to be. I wasn't too upset with this until I sent my sim to Uni. I am unable to evict my sim there and fix the problem before he went home. Upon arriving at his home town I was unable to control him and lost my game. I just wanted people to know that it sounds like some of their problems may be related to this. And I also hope EA reads this and fixes it, so I can play Uni. again and not feel like I wasted my money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top