Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

La Baie Acadienne~ Update 4 ~ pg. 5. ~ 4/21/13 ~

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nilxis wrote:
    The destroyed building is super creative, I love it.
    And the rest of the world is looking fantastic as well :D

Thanks. I was bored, and it's really fun to mess with CAW to see what you come up with. I made a huge castle in my other, unfinished world, using the same technique.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow, this is looking great! I'm so excited for this world. I've already started making a bunch of extra sims to populate it with so that when it's done, I can just jump right in and play! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    haildorothyhaildorothy Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    This looks amazing! Twinbrook is my favourite EA town, basically because of the swamp, and the slightly more industrial look...but yeah, basically the swamp.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing one bayou family or another, but always felt that TB itself was pretty limited in terms of both it's size and the variety of play that the town offered. I always kind of wished it had had more of a city aspect (so between that and the French Quarter architecture, imagine how happy I am right now).

Out of interest, has their been any EA store sets that you feel you have, or will, draw heavily on? (Long lists of required store content can always be daunting financially when downloading, just thinking it would be nice to spread it out a bit, if poss. :))
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This looks amazing! Twinbrook is my favourite EA town, basically because of the swamp, and the slightly more industrial look...but yeah, basically the swamp.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing one bayou family or another, but always felt that TB itself was pretty limited in terms of both it's size and the variety of play that the town offered. I always kind of wished it had had more of a city aspect (so between that and the French Quarter architecture, imagine how happy I am right now).

Out of interest, has their been any EA store sets that you feel you have, or will, draw heavily on? (Long lists of required store content can always be daunting financially when downloading, just thinking it would be nice to spread it out a bit, if poss. :))

right, well nothing is really required. there are quite a few store objects but I couldn't make a list right now. but, as you may know, if you don't have a store item that I put in the world, the game will replace it with another version of it. It may not look as pretty, but it still works. I've downloaded many worlds with a plethora of store content that I don't own, and they work fine, all you really have to do is make sure that the home that you're playing as looks good.

I do have the wishing well, fountain of youth, and tree of prosperity store content in the world; those are also completely optional to own.

None of the main trees in the world are store content, and those are the only things where I would say that it is absolutely necessary to own that store content, because, if I put in palms from lucky palms, and it replaces those with oak trees, it'll look absolutely ridiculous. I believe I did actually use palm trees from lucky palms in a couple of lots, but just a couple of trees won't make much of a difference.

I'll try and get back to you as to the most frequently used store items, I won't be able to help you with every single one of them. I think you could use my last 3 uploaded lots as a reference, because those basically reflect the range of store content that I use often.
  • Options
    hirikotsuhirikotsu Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love it!! I can't wait until it comes out! It looks like it's progressing well!
  • Options
    xxfairygirlxxxxfairygirlxx Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Looks like a really cool world can't wait till it is finished :)
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's been about a month since the last update, how is the world coming along? :) from the pictures it looks lovely and is something I would download.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, sorry, haven't had much time to work. But summer's coming, and so is this world. I just need to make a few houses, and place spawners, then it's time for testing, which, of course, I will release a beta on mediafire and you all can give me your critiques, suggestions, and glitches.

Believe me, there will be many. This is my first (completed) world, so there is a lot that I might have overlooked.

And I'm also waiting for IP, because this world has a lot of small islands, and I also left spaces for a couple of resorts, one of them being downtown right on the beach. :D
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2013
    You have made a wonderfull work, your world look very nice.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking forward to this world - I think it's going to be great. I've always had a yearning to visit New Orleans, but will probably never get there in RL. This will do instead!
  • Options
    bloomoon1bloomoon1 Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    absalutely amazing, great work! :D
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited June 2013
    hope to see some updates :D
  • Options
    dubitatifdubitatif Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2013
    No more updates ? I am waiting for this world to be relased for so long now ! it is wonderful, if you can't finih it wont you release it as it is with CAW files so as we can enjoy it ? :lol: Please, please !! :wink:
  • Options
    bloomoon1bloomoon1 Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2013
    Any new updates?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry it's been so long since an update. :( I've been really turned off by the game lately (today is the first day I've picked it up in 4 months, but I'm crunched for time with Sims 4 coming out. I'm so close to finishing though. The worst part about world building is interior decorating, and considering how many lots I have, It's just become so mundane so I apologize.
  • Options
    dubitatifdubitatif Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Niac, why don't you release it as it is ? javascript:emoticon(':wink:');
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dubitatif wrote:
    Hi Niac, why don't you release it as it is ? javascript:emoticon(':wink:');

Hey! It hasn't been fully playtested yet. I'm not finished with routing. I don't even know how this plays with IP yet, and it doesn't have spawners yet. :?
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    Niac! I'm sorry to hear you are turned off by the game.. We miss you! But I hope everything else is going well for you and you've got other fun things to fill your time :) Maybe we could all help you finish, just as you have helped others out?
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited September 2013
    Glad to see you back, Niac! I was wondering how you were doing and had hoped that you were just busy with RL. A break from the game can sometimes be a very good thing, but you were missed!
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    also, this is totally off topic BUT I've been meaning to ask you: Batfleck... thoughts? :lol:
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014

Well, niac1234, I just want to say that you don't need to worry about being crunched for time. I'll still be using Sims 3 for a while and a world like this one is well worth it. :wink: And I'm positive there will be other Simmers who'll use your world. XD

Hope you're still having fun, with or without the game. :P

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Changeling3Changeling3 Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2014
    Have you given up on this world? I was really hoping to play it (provided their was no CC) :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Have you given up on this world? I was really hoping to play it (provided their was no CC) :(

After my other world is finished, I plan on finishing this world once and for all. It's just such a monster (takes many minutes to save in EIG mode, that I was just really trigger shy to work on it. I have some more time on my hands now though. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    aminovas wrote:
    also, this is totally off topic BUT I've been meaning to ask you: Batfleck... thoughts? :lol:

Wow, it really has been a long time since looking at this thread. I LOVE it. Yeah, that's right. I love the casting as Ben Affleck as Batman. I think it's very visionary. I just loved Man of Steel and I'm so excited to see them open up this universe. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex is also incredibly interesting and visionary too. I fail to see the draw of Gal Gadot to Wonder Woman, but I think I have faith. Zack Snyder is really great at casting decisions.
  • Options
    Changeling3Changeling3 Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you! I'm really excited to play both this world and your other WIP! :mrgreen: