Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

La Baie Acadienne~ Update 4 ~ pg. 5. ~ 4/21/13 ~

Comments

• Options
    SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited March 2013
    Writin-Reg,I am a test analyst. I get paid to find bugs in software so I do know what a bug is and how programming works. Some bugs are to do with software not working as designed and some bugs are created when the software encounters an unexpected situation which then requires a "change" to be made to it.

With regards to changing our words after the fix has been released, it is not necessary because all I have done is raise the terrain slightly, it will work as all other terrain at higher levels than sea level.

niac, I apologise for taking over your thread with this and I won't comment further regarding this, I just felt I needed to explain myself.

I look forward to your update :)

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sinkala wrote:
    niac, I apologise for taking over your thread with this and I won't comment further regarding this, I just felt I needed to explain myself.

I look forward to your update :)

No Problem. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So I fixed the problem, I just lowered the sea level a tad. Snow is perfectly visible in the game now. I did save a backup though, in case EA fixes it where low level worlds show snow.
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited March 2013
    Glad you fixed it. Have you got any more pictures to tease us with?

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    ultraericaultraerica Posts: 22
    edited March 2013
    I'm dying for this world!! It is absolutely gorgeous, and EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Any updates?
    I'll be creepin' around this page for a while. Can't wait to have it in my game!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ultraerica wrote:
    I'm dying for this world!! It is absolutely gorgeous, and EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Any updates?
    I'll be creepin' around this page for a while. Can't wait to have it in my game!

Since the launch of simcity, there hasn't been that much sorry. I've done a lot on the interior design scale though. I'm very happy with what I've done. :D
  • Options
    RiziffyRiziffy Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2013
    *Cough* Want any testers for it while you enjoy Simcity?
  • Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know much about Acadie but I've always thought they had more of a "Irish" culture like the Quebecers than a French culture, I might be wrong though.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Riziffy wrote:
    *Cough* Want any testers for it while you enjoy Simcity?

:lol:

Simcity's broken. I'm going back to the sims for the time being. When I do leave the sims for a little while once more again, I'll let you be the first to test it. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jaypard wrote:
    I don't know much about Acadie but I've always thought they had more of a "Irish" culture like the Quebecers than a French culture, I might be wrong though.

Yeah. It was kind of a misconception with the name... sort of. I was refering to New Orleans culture instead. Which actually came from Acadia, not directly from France. So it's not entirely misleading.
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited April 2013
    wonderful world Niac ;)

cant wait to see the finished one. This will definitely be in my game :P
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2013
    Louisiana native here and I just wanted to say how much I'm looking forward to this world! What you have so far is GORGEOUS. Really lovely work here.

And I just wanted to confirm, too, that you're right on the money with the French culture. By far, the strongest single cultural influence here is French. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ahholladay wrote:
    Louisiana native here and I just wanted to say how much I'm looking forward to this world! What you have so far is GORGEOUS. Really lovely work here.

And I just wanted to confirm, too, that you're right on the money with the French culture. By far, the strongest single cultural influence here is French. :)

Thank you. :D
    My goal was to be authentic and I'm glad you, a native, likes it! Great sign in my book. :mrgreen:

I admittedly have not done much for this world in a while. But since the trailer for IP, I just cannot wait to start up again with the world. I'm loading right now actually. :D I also have a few builds that will make an appearance in the world, check my studio to see them. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Update 3:

See if you can recognize a lot from the sims 1 old town. ;)

Screenshot-519_zps640dd0d0.jpg

Screenshot-688_zpsb047ee8d.jpg

Screenshot-697_zpscd697557.jpg

Screenshot-692_zpsc59cee7c.jpg

Screenshot-694_zps677d3ed6.jpg

Screenshot-695_zpse73ed262.jpg

Screenshot-696_zps00be46fd.jpg

Screenshot-701_zpsa0efc259.jpg

Screenshot-702_zpsfd701875.jpg

Screenshot-703_zps15402ca6.jpg

Screenshot-704_zps9d6cceff.jpg

Screenshot-705_zps9b1fd358.jpg

Screenshot-700_zps6d7cf04d.jpg

Screenshot-699_zps3053b06a.jpg

Screenshot-698_zps83342d2f.jpg

Screenshot-690_zpsb3713631.jpg

Screenshot-691_zpsee1efdab.jpg

Screenshot-531_zpsbdc7d5ca.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2013
    NIAC!!! The world looks utterly GORGEOUS!! I will definitely be using this when released! Great job Niac! :D

~Will ^__^
  • Options
    bethp62bethp62 Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow...it looks absolutely amazing!! I'm not from the South, but it sure looks like you captured the flavor beautifully! Looking forward to seeing the finished version!:D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks guys! btw. I plan on making a fair chunk of those islands into routable uncharted islands in anticipation for IP. I hope they will give us more info on uncharted islands in the next live chat on tuesday.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow, this just keeps getting better and better. I love the little shack on the bayou! You've done an awesome job of representing a variety of the cultural 'flavor' of south La, from the urban feel of downtown New Orleans to the rural, swampy areas. I can't wait to play with this world! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ahholladay wrote:
    Wow, this just keeps getting better and better. I love the little shack on the bayou! You've done an awesome job of representing a variety of the cultural 'flavor' of south La, from the urban feel of downtown New Orleans to the rural, swampy areas. I can't wait to play with this world! :)

Thank you. :D if you look, a lot of the swamp lots actually came from Twinbrook. I actually really liked the twinbrook rendition of a southern swamp. I just thought that the sims 3 needed the whole french quarter feel.

I've just realized how close I am to finishing! I just need to finish the lots, and when you consider that I'm leaving about 10 of them empty, that really doesn't leave a lot more work to do. After that I need to do spawners, and then it's on to more playtesting. I don't want to populate it, that'd take far too long. I will probably upload a few Louisiana households to populate it though.
  • Options
    hirikotsuhirikotsu Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait for this world to be finished! Looks amazing so far :D
    Just ordered pets and generations to!
    Looking forward to see more!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Hirikotsu! Me neither. :XD:
    Pets and Generations are great EP's! Good choices. Especially since they are almost essential to this world. Well... at least pets is. (a lot of the rabbitholes come from Pets) :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Update 4

I feel bad about not updating often, and I want a lot of people to follow this world. so I think I'll update more often.
    So what have I done in the past week?
    Well, first, I added another dynamic to the world. I've turned an area on the other side of downtown into a disaster zone. Basically, what happened in this virtual universe is, a few years ago, there was a massive storm and flood (what does this remind us of?) and it rendered a rather rich and prosperous section of the city in ruins. Economic turmoil then ensued. Construction projects were halted, and houses abandoned.

I've also updated the aerial view of it. for one, I've made the world blend into the distant terrain, there's still more detailing to be done there. I've also gotten rid of a lot of trees that were unnecessary, and a lot of fog that was unnecessary. Lastly, I've adjusted the the terrain to fit the new sea level. This world is a lot less beefy, so it can run better on computers. I've decreased the number of types of trees. the only types of trees are the twinbrook trees, plus some types of palm trees. but the palm trees are only seen in the city, where there are less of the twinbrook trees. Nothing too drastic, cosmetically, but it's really improved performance.

Finally, I've begun work on a georgian manor. The shell is from KOman123's Magnolia house, but I've made NUMEROUS changes. for one, I've added landscaping. Also changed the columns and dormers.

So I'm pleased to welcome the newest member of La Baie Acadienne's skyline.

Screenshot-722_zps56caae54.jpg

Screenshot-727_zpscc66a243.jpg

Screenshot-728_zpsc0163542.jpg

Screenshot-725_zpsfe6048fa.jpg

Screenshot-726_zpsd9b09d94.jpg

Screenshot-724_zps84f3f8ce.jpg

Screenshot-723_zps9cc03d92.jpg

Screenshot-729_zps63343f49.jpg

Screenshot-730_zps42f3fb9d.jpg

Screenshot-731_zps0d6aa24e.jpg

Screenshot-732_zps2fefbae7.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hello?
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013
    The destroyed building is super creative, I love it.
    And the rest of the world is looking fantastic as well :D
  • Options
    bumblebeekutiebumblebeekutie Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait for this world to be completed. Everything is amazing. Especially with the islands. Idk if I will make my home in the new world that comes with island paradise but I wanted another world with islands, separate from main as an option. This absolutely wonderful :thumbup: