Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2nd Chance At Life: 100 Baby Challenge *Chapter 111-113 is up 6/6/13* Discontinued

Comments

• Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited January 2013
    Miax0 wrote:
    Thanx and the wall is up in all except one of the pics. I tried full wall but it blocks the shot so i only bring the wall up partially. n i totally forgot to cut the headlines off :oops: By the way thanx for reading my story. I know there is tons of 100bc on here which explains why i dnt have alot of comments. so i appreciate it. You keep me motivated. Hopefully i can get four and five up tommorow up for you after church. Chapter 5 is when challenge decides to show its self.
    That used to happen to me too with the walls, but once you start using the tab key for your photos and those controls, the walls don't get in the way since it's closer and better shots, you know? It's no problem! I love BC's and i think your idea is really original and has potential <3 don't feel discouraged by lack of readers... in the beginning write for yourself, to have fun, but then as you continue to post updates you get an established set of readers :D You get lurkers, as well. People who just read but don't comment. Those are appreciated too but we all wish they would comment, right? lol.
    Thanx and i think i got quite a few lurkers and i decided to change my concept. Instead of his adopted mom asking him to do the challenge someone mysterious is and in exchange the mysterious person is going to give out a reward.
  • Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanx and i think i got quite a few lurkers and i decided to change my concept. Instead of his adopted mom asking him to do the challenge someone mysterious is and in exchange the mysterious person is going to give out a reward.
    Oooh, sounds intriguing! ^___^
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Now that Jacques was a child he became more aware that he didn't look like his mother. His mom had long beautiful black hair, brown eyes, and a slightly tan complexion. While he had short bleach blonde hair, light blue eyes, light complexion, and he was a werewolf.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    "What are you doing sweetie?" asked Lorena.
    "Staring at myself in the mirror" replied Jacques.
    "Why are you staring in mirror?" asked Lorena.
    "Because i look different from you and i don't know why" replied Jacques.
    "The reason why you look different from me is because you are adopted Jacques" said Lorena.
    "What's adopted?" asked Jacques.
    "Adopted means when someone takes in another person's child and raise him or her as her own" replied Lorena.
    "Oh" said Jacques.
    "Do you have anymore questions?" Lorena.
    "Why does my name sound funny when people say it?" asked Jacques.
    "Well, you were originally born and raised almost a year in Paris, France" replied Lorena.
    "So i'm a french person?" asked Jacques.
    "Yes sweetheart" replied Lorena.
    "Mom can we go to Paris, France?" asked Jacques.
    "I don't know about that sweetheart" replied Lorena.
    "Please mom" begged Jacques. "I really want to know more about where i come from."
    "Jacques if you can behave for the rest of this week and bring home an A at the end of this week we'll go to Paris, France for three days this weekend" said Lorena.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    "Thanks mom" said Jacques as he hugged her.
    "Your welcome sweetie" said Lorena.
    After saying goodnight Jacques headed straight off to bed so he could be well rested for his first day of school.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The next morning Jacques got up on time and headed off to school with excitement. When he got to school he made sure in every class to raise his hand, take notes, and asked questions when necessary.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    When he arrived home he took what he learned and started working hard on his homework. He even donated parted of his allowance to charity to show his mother he was a really good boy. He made sure to repeat these same good habits for the rest of the week.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    When school ended on Friday Jacques came home to see his mother waiting for him at the front door.
    "Hey Mom" said Jacques.
    "Hey sweetie" said Lorena.
    "Is something wrong?" asked Jacques.
    "No but i have good news" replied Lorena.
    "What is it mom?" asked Jacques.
    "I got a call from your principal about you" replied Lorena.
    "What did he say?" asked Jacques nervously.
    "He said you were well behaved and you got an A" replied Lorena.
    "So does that mean we're going to Paris, France?" asked Jacques.
    "Yes" replied Lorena.
    "Yay!!!" yelled Jacques as he jumped in the air with excitement.
    "Calm down Jacques" said Lorena.
    "When are we leaving?" asked Jacques a little bit calmer.
    "Now" replied Lorena as she handed Jacques his suitcase.
    After hailing a cab they got in and headed for Paris, France.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Three days later they pulled up to a nice looking base camp in Paris, France.
    "This is a nice looking hotel" said Jacques.
    "Lets unpack and start exploring" said Lorena.
    "Yes ma'am" said Jacques.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The next morning Jacques got up on time and headed off to school with excitement. When he got to school he made sure in every class to raise his hand, take notes, and asked questions when necessary.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    When he arrived home he took what he learned and started working hard on his homework. He even donated parted of his allowance to charity to show his mother he was a really good boy. He made sure to repeat these same good habits for the rest of the week.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    When school ended on Friday Jacques came home to see his mother waiting for him at the front door.
    "Hey Mom" said Jacques.
    "Hey sweetie" said Lorena.
    "Is something wrong?" asked Jacques.
    "No but i have good news" replied Lorena.
    "What is it mom?" asked Jacques.
    "I got a call from your principal about you" replied Lorena.
    "What did he say?" asked Jacques nervously.
    "He said you were well behaved and you got an A" replied Lorena.
    "So does that mean we're going to Paris, France?" asked Jacques.
    "Yes" replied Lorena.
    "Yay!!!" yelled Jacques as he jumped in the air with excitement.
    "Calm down Jacques" said Lorena.
    "When are we leaving?" asked Jacques a little bit calmer.
    "Now" replied Lorena as she handed Jacques his suitcase.
    After hailing a cab they got in and headed for Paris, France.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Three days later they pulled up to a nice looking base camp in Paris, France.
    "Lets unpack and start exploring" said Lorena.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ignore this box. i accidently put a chapter twice
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Awe, that's cute he wants to know where he comes from! I wonder how this trip is going to go...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    After hailing a cab they arrived at the base camp two days later.
    "Lets unpacked and start exploring your native land" said Lorena.
    Once they were done unpacking they started exploring Paris, France.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    First they went to Catania's Cafe where they ate tasty crepes.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The second place they went was Alexis's Relics and they saw many ancient artifacts.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The third place was Champ Les Sims Nectary. Since Jacques wasn't old enough to drink Lorena bought herself a bottle of wine. They explored many other places too and by the time the trip was over and heading home Jacques was bragging to anyone who would listen that he was a french person.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    When Jacques and Lorena returned from the trip they were tired. After recovering from their trip Lorena planned some mother and son bonding time.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    They sang Karaoke,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    They watched the Kidzone Channel together,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    they had a pillow fight,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    they played football,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    they played horse shoe,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    they played baseball,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    and jumped on the trampoline.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Despite the fact that it was late when bonding time was over Jacques still found time for his favorite pass time painting.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    After checking her calendar Lorena realize it had been about five years and not once had Jacques turned into a werewolf.
    Maybe Jacques's parents were wrong about him having lycan thought Lorena. "He's a perfectly healthy fourteen year old boy" mumbled Lorena. However just as she had thought that she heard a noise outside. She quickly rushed outside to see her son transform into a werewolf.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Jacques was so excited about finally turning into a werewolf that he let his instincts run wild. He howled at the moon and practiced hunting. He even turned his mother's couch into a scratching post. However, his mother wasn't too thrilled about that. In fact she was so upset with him she grounded him for two weeks. Once his punishment was up and the disappearing of the full moon returned him back to normal Jacques apologized to his mother about harming her couch. She accepted but she told him he must train his wolf instincts so he never misbehaves again and that Jacques did. As every full moon passed Jacques's instincts got better and better until he could walk by the couch without thinking about destroying it.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Which was just in time because soon it was Jacques fifteen birthday and he inherited the flirty trait.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Miax0 wrote:
    Awe, that's cute he wants to know where he comes from! I wonder how this trip is going to go...
    lol you will have to read and find out. by the way all of 4, 5, and 6 is up.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Read the chapters ^___^ Initially i thought something was going to happen during the trip that ultimately makes him do the 100 BC when he's older.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Miax0 wrote:
    Read the chapters ^___^ Initially i thought something was going to happen during the trip that ultimately makes him do the 100 BC when he's older.
    No that wuld be too soon. But i'll give you a hint keep in the back of your mind that he has a close relationship with his mom. i'm aiming to get chapters 7-9 up tommorow. Hopefully around chapter 8 or 9 i can get him to young adulthood so the mysterious person can make her appearance. Also you check my story too soon :lol: if i was you i wuld wait until i make the announcement on my page which will pop up on ur page that the new chapters are up.
    By the way i need some advice
    question number 1: How should my mysterious female look? i want her to look attractive yet mysteriously powerful.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Now that he was a teen Jacques wanted to make life easier for his older mother. So he made sure to:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    washed the dishes everyday,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    make both beds everyday,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    washed the clothes everyday,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    tend to the garden everyday,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    and take out the trash everyday. While Jacques was busy with chores he had no idea his mother had taken notice until one night his mother called him outside for something.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    When he walked outside he saw his mom and a really cool black car waiting for him.
    "Wow!" exclaimed Jacques.
    "Do you like your new car Jacques?" asked Lorena.
    "I love it but i don't know how to drive" replied Jacques.
    "Well, how about we start your lessons now?" asked Lorena as she tossed Jacques his car keys.
    "That would awesome since prom is in two days" replied Jacques.
    "Then lets go" said Lorena and she climbed into the passenger seat. A few seconds later Jacques climbed into the driver seat.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Jacques driving was rough and bumpy at first but come prom day he was driving to prom without his mom.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Even though Jacques was dateless at the prom he still had loads of fun. He even won prom king.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Now that Jacques was close to becoming an adult Lorena felt it was time to make a few changes.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    the first buying a new car after some gentle nudging from her son. He thought it was silly for his mother to depend on cabs to get where she wants to go when she had the fortune to buy her own car.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    the second was a change in her hair and wardrobe.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The last was a career change. As much as she loved being a gardener her fruits and veggies wasn't bringing in enough money for her taste. So after selling off all but three of her crops she did some research and found a profitable career. So after buying the right tools Lorena become a successful Gem seller.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Now that Lorena was settled into her new career she could now turn her attention toward her son. Jacques was getting close to graduating and turning into an adult but not once did he mention what he wanted to do with his life. That made Lorena concern so she invited Jacques to a game of foosball in hopes of getting some answers.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    "Jacques i'm concerned about you" said Lorena.
    "Why mom?" asked Jacques.
    "You are about to graduate and not once have you mentioned a plan" replied Lorena.
    "Don't worry mom i have a plan" said Jacques.
    "Can you let me in on it?" asked Lorena.
    "If it's ok with you i want to continue to live here and pursue my dream of being a descendant of Da Vinci" replied Jacques.
    "Of course you may stay here" said Lorena.
    "Thanks mom" said Jacques.
    "Your welcome sweetie" said Lorena.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Hearing Jacques's plans was a relief to Lorence since two days later Jacques aged into adulthood with the family-oriented trait. A week after that Jacques graduated with honors. His mom so proud of him. She had raised her son up to a charming, smart, and handsome young man.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    No that wuld be too soon. But i'll give you a hint keep in the back of your mind that he has a close relationship with his mom. i'm aiming to get chapters 7-9 up tommorow. Hopefully around chapter 8 or 9 i can get him to young adulthood so the mysterious person can make her appearance. Also you check my story too soon :lol: if i was you i wuld wait until i make the announcement on my page which will pop up on ur page that the new chapters are up.
    question number 1: How should my mysterious female look? i want her to look attractive yet mysteriously powerful.
    I think it just made me think of another BC that was cancelled. They went on a vacation when the momma was a child and she was faced with the quest of having 100 children when she reached YA (she didn't believe it at the time) & yeah, haha ^___^

Well, i check your story (and others i read) if i see it has an update and it's on like the first page/second page. I never go on my "MyPage", lol.

As for the mysterious women, ummm, how about really attractive, and elegant. She somehow shows an air of power, mystery and confidence. I'm thinking dark hair, emerald eyes, plump lips with red lipstick. Put her in a sophisticated yet sexy outfit.

I would give more tips, but i don't really know how the plot is going to go. You know what i mean? If i knew details about the women (like personality) and the meeting, etc etc i would have more tips to give. But those things came to mind from knowing nothing XD

By the way read the recent updates. It's really nice how Jacques does all of those things for his mom. She's not an elder yet though, right? she looks like she's at adult stage.

Also he's very nice looking as a YA! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Miax0 wrote:
    I think it just made me think of another BC that was cancelled. They went on a vacation when the momma was a child and she was faced with the quest of having 100 children when she reached YA (she didn't believe it at the time) & yeah, haha ^___^

Well, i check your story (and others i read) if i see it has an update and it's on like the first page/second page. I never go on my "MyPage", lol.

As for the mysterious women, ummm, how about really attractive, and elegant. She somehow shows an air of power, mystery and confidence. I'm thinking dark hair, emerald eyes, plump lips with red lipstick. Put her in a sophisticated yet sexy outfit.

I would give more tips, but i don't really know how the plot is going to go. You know what i mean? If i knew details about the women (like personality) and the meeting, etc etc i would have more tips to give. But those things came to mind from knowing nothing XD

By the way read the recent updates. It's really nice how Jacques does all of those things for his mom. She's not an elder yet though, right? she looks like she's at adult stage.

Also he's very nice looking as a YA! :D
    nevermind i created the mysterious person and yes she is an elder. When i made her i didn't add any wrinkles or age spots. some people age into old age gracefully in real life so i made her appear that way. Thanx when he first grew into an adult he had ugly hair n clothes so i had to do some corrections.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    As soon as Jacques graduated he immediately went back into city hall and became self-employed as a sculptor. He then went home and started working on his painting, sculpting, and inventing skills day and night. He knew to be a descendant of Da Vinci he must be perfect in all three skills.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    While Jacques was busy with his career Lorena was focusing more on herself. In between tending to her plants and selling valuable jewel she ate healthy and worked out. She wanted to be healthy so she could live a long life to see Jacques get married and give her grandchildren.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Two years later after hard work and persistent Jacques finally succeeded in becoming a Descendant of Da Vinci but he didn't have time to be proud of that moment because during the two years he had notice changes in his mother. She was always tired during the day, had terrible backaches every other day, continually sweat during the night, walked in a daze during the weekends and the most shocking of all was that she gained sixty pounds despite how healthy she been living. After the sudden weight gain in three days Jacques took her to the doctor. Two and half hours later Jacques and his mother left the doctor's office with great sadness. All of Lorena's tests came out revealing she had Sly Death Disease. The disease was so rare and deadly that there were only three cases of it and no cure. Just like the other three cases Lorena would die from this terrible disease within four years.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi:

I read through it and you've done a good job so far establishing the characters. You asked for advice on how to go forward. You seemed to have an idea of his taking the challenge to save his adopted mom and its a nice theme.

For my BC I planned out a basic structure for where and when certain things would occur so if you plan to have more of a story than just "I met x today and we woohooed" then figure out your basic structure. I planned mine to have 3 parts the first ending around baby 25. I always have a general outline I work off of.

I hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi:

I read through it and you've done a good job so far establishing the characters. You asked for advice on how to go forward. You seemed to have an idea of his taking the challenge to save his adopted mom and its a nice theme.

For my BC I planned out a basic structure for where and when certain things would occur so if you plan to have more of a story than just "I met x today and we woohooed" then figure out your basic structure. I planned mine to have 3 parts the first ending around baby 25. I always have a general outline I work off of.

I hope that helps.

Thank you so much! it really help.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ah, I see where you're going,now. I'm guessing this mysterious person will show up & say he needs to have 100 children & they'll give a cure for his mother.

I agree with Jbjairybird, you should have an outline for when things should happen. I'm actually having that problem with my baby challenge. I've had the plot established for a long time and put in a few hints here & there, but I don't know at which point should I start really revealing things.
  • Options
    Missty0CittyMissty0Citty Posts: 876 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Bookmarked, can't wait for more.