Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable Dating option or something to decrease how often it happens for notification prompts

I have been playing this game earlier today. But my major annoyance is the dating notification prompt. Its getting annoying and I would like to be able to disable or decrease how often I get the prompts because my sim gets one date request after another which is very a nuisance.

Please can you release the option to do that?
sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG

Comments

• Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited November 2012
    I agree that and the attraction is annoying. It just happens to much, it begins to get annoying after awhile.
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2012
    Grrr I am still very annoyed with these dating popup requests :x
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have to agree, my sims are happily married with children and they both are continually getting calls from every Tom, **** and Harry in the neighborhood. I have finally just stopped letting them answer the phone. But sometimes they do it on their own and then everything stops so I can shut it down. I'm getting really sick of it.

Also, if you do accept a date (with a different sim in a different hood) nothing happens. Nobody is there. It's just stupid. The whole concept.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Bump (sorry to do this but it is important) - Ok this is getting ANNOYING!

I am trying to record a video buut. *POPUP MESSAGE* "Blah blah would like to go out on a date with Travis Jordan". And same thing happens over and over and over again with other sims that wants to go out with my main sim with more prompts in middle of screen.

Which is making it hard for me recording a video :x

Please add an option to disable this dating feature please in the next update patch. Thank you for hearing me EA dev's.
  • Options
    DoombearDoombear Posts: 61 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I would be totally for this feature.
    I hate how dating calls kill our current queued actions.
    Why can't those singles respect those in committed relationships?
    It's like a bunch of alley cats in heat!
    I think my famous celebrity is getting more calls than my other Sims.
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think there needs to be a checklist the AI goes through before permitting dating invititations.

1: is this person related to the sim?
    2: are they married?
    3: are they married to any of sim's relatives?
    4: if they are married do they have "commitment issues" or "flirty" traits.
    5: are they in the same age group?

In addition, instead of simply rejecting the phone call, there are more in depth options.

1: thank you, I'd love to date you
    2: no thank you, I don't want to date you

If the sim rejects the phone calls a certain number of times, the other sim automatically stops calling.
    If the other sim keeps calling, the sim has the option of calling the police.

• Options
    NyeYahNyeYah Posts: 138 Member
    edited December 2012
    Want to keep this on first page, definitely agree with everyone this is very annoying. Kinda thought the attractive LTR was good enough if I really wanted to attract sims but this is ridiculous lol.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yes, let's please have this as an opt out of. Or a slider to limit the number of opportunities.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think there needs to be a checklist the AI goes through before permitting dating invititations.

In addition, instead of simply rejecting the phone call, there are more in depth options.

If the sim rejects the phone calls a certain number of times, the other sim automatically stops calling.

Agreed. There definitely needs to be a policy where sims can opt in and out instead of getting random calls. I also hate how when you use the online profiles you can "message" a sim but no more than that. I also hate how you have to browse profiles to message back sims who are already friends with the playable sim - so what is the point of friending them if it does nothing?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited December 2012
    its a crime to keep this discussion off page 1
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for the comments above. I just came up with an idea. Why can't there be a specific sim time or sim day when they receive those date prompt calls? Only to receive calls on a day. Not every sim days. Or have something to set for when your sim is able to go out on a date. Like a schedule plan. So my sim is available on these days at this and this and that time. That way we would expect to receive those date prompt calls at those times that we have setted for every sims in the household.

These dating settings could be under Gameplay setting.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I think I made it worse. Yesterday I had to reinstall the sims 3 again. When it had all finished installing and got into the game again. I am now getting more frequent dating prompt popups than what I had before.

Is there a mod to disable certain prompt popups?
  • Options
    GlennGnerdGlennGnerd Posts: 272
    edited December 2012
    sheesh people can't take a minor joke.

and I was serious about the idea of making certain/all sims less/not inclined to ask other sims on dates. use your imagination.

Although, at the moment, I think the modding community is really all we have going for us.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    GlennGnerd wrote:
    better yet,

add a neutered trait/option

That word has got nothing to do with what I am discussing. Your word is offensive/inappropriate because I had looked it up on an online dictionary.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/neuter

And you have been reported for trolling the thread GlennGnerd.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2012
    Instead of making a new thread about the attraction system, I would like to ask all of you how do you trigger the 'notification' problem?

I don't seem to have it at all.

I played three Sims through two seasons so far, summer, fall, and just now moving into winter. I sent them to the festivals, had them 'try' to get started in dating on line...and even flirting with some Sims.

Nothing is happening, not one notification to be asked out, or one phone call that they should go out,etc.

So, I was wondering is there a 'trigger' that makes other Sims start callling up your Sims?

To be honest, I found it sort of boring (Seasons) since I had already done everything at the festivals over and over, and some other things while trying to live their normal lives.

Don't get me wrong...weather is always nice in a game, always, and some of the features at the festivals my Sims have attended were great but after that, not much...and certaintly no attraction problem notification problem going on in my game.

Point: How do you make other Sims want to go out with your Sim? Only one Sim told one of my Sims they had a lot in common while they were talking.
    But no bombardment of phone calls or notifications.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    As far as I know there is no 'trigger' for it. I hate socializing with my sims and tend to use Master Controller to choose my sims' spouses. I don't call sims, I don't have an online profile for my sims, I don't send love letters and I've still gotten bombarded with date requests.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited December 2012

This is a wonderful checklist, it would make this feature far better.
    I'd also add a check for whether or not the player's sim is married. If they are, only "flirty" sims would be allowed to call, unless the player's sim has the "flirty" or "commitment issues" traits themselves.
    Cinebar wrote:
    Instead of making a new thread about the attraction system, I would like to ask all of you how do you trigger the 'notification' problem?

I don't seem to have it at all.

The trigger is meeting a sim that's attracted to yours.

I also don't have much of a problem with calls. I get a few but not so many that it's annoying. I just wish it would take the fact that your sim is married more into account.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Clarification for my question for the checklist regurding marital status.

Is the sim who is being called married?
    Is the sim who is calling married?
    Does either sim have flirty or commitment issues trait?
    Does either sim have family-oriented trait?

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Just a curious question. Are your sims high in Celebrity level? Because all of my sims have all 5 stars.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Speaking for myself, no. None of my sims have high celebrity levels. I'm writing a legacy story and that save is to take pictures for the story not to play.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2012

This would make me very happy! The dating/attraction system is a nice idea, but the current system is obnoxious and needs to be toned down. I would rather not disable it totally, because it is fun for single sims, but perhaps a tweak or two would make it enjoyable instead of the nuisance it currently is. My sims spend too much time answering date calls.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have to agree that this system is not very well done. My poor Sims are constantly getting asked out on dates... by people who happen to be married! AUGH! It's like darn near EVERYONE is a cheater! OK I know it's realistic to have a certain percentage of "players" in the world and I accept that. But really, the prevalence of it I've been experiencing is pretty ridiculous. I'm playing mostly in Monte Vista at the moment so not sure if this is happening in the other worlds but I'd be willing to bet it is. This would maybe be better if your Sim could retaliate against these cheaters a bit. Say a Sim you know is married or has a partner calls you up for a date, you should be able to tell them off for being a cheater and tell them never to call you again. You should also be able to call their spouse or partner even if they aren't friends with your Sim and tell on them! LOL

Now interestingly I have a vampire who is best friends with another vampire who calls her up for dates all the time and she goes. This friend has a girlfriend and since my vampire is Proper and never makes any romantic overtures towards her friend and he never makes any towards her I figure they are just best friends hanging out together. They build snowmen or have water balloon fights or go skating and it's pretty cute and innocent... for a couple of blood drinking creatures of the night! LOL So it's kind of cool that you can have these sort of activities without YOUR Sim always being the one to initiate them. But I think they should call it something other than a date.

It would be cool if, after you ask a Sim if they are single and they confess to being married you had the option to tell them off for flirting with you as well! LOL

What's really strange though is that despire all these date requests and a mailbox bursting with love letters, no Sim EVER initiates flirting with any of my Sims. Unless my Sim flirts first, the other Sim never makes a move. Which seems kind of weird to me.

Anyway, sorry this is so long. I just really do wish they would tone down the dating calls and the number of cheaters calling for dates! So I totally agree with the OP.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Maybe they should add a Bachelorette trait for sims. So it would prevent date requests.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited December 2012
    Another thing I don't like about the dates is that if you DO accept a date you have to leave to go on it right that second. How realistic is THAT??? I kind of think that if you accept you should get a prompt offering you a date and time to go on the date AND the lot you are being invited to should show. Likewise, if YOU call a Sim for a date or ask them out on a date in person you should get a prompt like for throwing a party where you put the place and time and day and whether it's formal or casual.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    edited December 2012
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Another thing I don't like about the dates is that if you DO accept a date you have to leave to go on it right that second. How realistic is THAT??? I kind of think that if you accept you should get a prompt offering you a date and time to go on the date AND the lot you are being invited to should show. Likewise, if YOU call a Sim for a date or ask them out on a date in person you should get a prompt like for throwing a party where you put the place and time and day and whether it's formal or casual.

I like this idea. That would be handy.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.