May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable Dating option or something to decrease how often it happens for notification prompts

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2012
    The new thing where your sims receive calls for dates.
    I tend to think that once a sim is 'Married' the calls should STOP coming.
    Some time ago I shut off the Opportunities to stop the endless phone calls between non-stop opportunities AND calls from sims wanting to chat was too much.
    I like/ try to keep my sim phone calls down, can't shut the date calls feature off like other things so...
    Why not give our sims a break from the calls once the get/ are married...?
    Seems a married sim shouldn't get/ need dates, it's committed as it can be and... What does a person's sim need with dates at that point..? I like drama but don't like it forced on me... Lol.

(Copy and pasted thoughts I had/ have on it that I put in another topic of mine)
    But I agree, I like the idea but feel they went too far with it by giving the calls NO limitations.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited December 2012
    Definitely too much of a good thing. I LOVE the idea but it goes overboard in a big way. And the percentage of Sims trying to cheat on their spouses or partners needs to go way down.
  • Options
    aweusometasticaweusometastic Posts: 114 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I hate them too. I also hate attraction.

One time, I was throwing a wedding party. I invited over the families of the people getting married. Each person had a crush on one another. Its kind of gross. What kind of mother has a crush on her son-in-law and want to go on a date with him?
  • Options
    MaryMareMaresMaryMareMares Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank goodness someone posted about this. SIMS3...THE PLAYERS (NO PUN INTENDED) HAVE SPOKEN. GIVE US AN F'N DISABLE OPTION!
  • Options
    BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I think getting called for dates and attraction is fun overall, but I wish there was a way to disable the calls for dates and love letters if we choose. Perhaps, the calls for dates or love letters could only be triggered if our Sims participate in online dating. Once the Sim removes their profile, the calls and letters stop. Another idea would be for the calls and letters to stop if your Sim has the faithful reputation.
  • Options
    normaajeannormaajean Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    I've never posted but I had to add some stuff to this.

Like everyone here, I think the frequency of calls for dates is way too high. Not to mention I hate the fact that even though my sims are happily married (faithful reputations), they STILL get calls.

But I've also had some other dating related problems:

1) My sims receive dozens of love letters a day. I've stopped checking my mail because of it. In addition to the repetitive messages of sims confessing their love, I get tons of gifts which just turn into bills and omni plants that get stuck in my sims inventory.

2) I thought maybe the problem was that my sims were signed up for online dating, so I went and removed their profiles. Problem solved! Or so I thought. Not 30 seconds later did I check and saw they had somehow signed back up for the dating website.

I really hope this is fixed with the next patch/update.
  • Options
    bootie101bootie101 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2013
    this is really annoying me, the phone calls are a pain
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2013
    its annoying for me because my sims that are married and have kids are asking eachother out and its like NO ! haha :)
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2013
    Is there a mod to disable the calls or any news if this annoying dating calls problem going to be sorted out?
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    I say just scrap the attraction system all together!
  • Options
    RellyJackRellyJack Posts: 136 Member
    edited July 2013
    So no fix yet?
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2013
    Maybe what we need is an option to let phone calls go to an answering machine :D
  • Options
    doldragirldoldragirl Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with all of the above but if nothing else I would think it is totally wrong for a father in law to call up his daughter in law (or similar situation) for a date! EW! Deff married couples should be off limits unless prompted, by online dating or out right flirting. Or some sort of option to shut it off. I especially would prefer if there were less "cheaters" calling for dates! I don't mind so much the gifts, I just sell them! But it does seem inappropriate.