Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Issues with Supernatural and Seasons CAW: Discussion and research thread.

Comments

• Options
    MacD13MacD13 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Guys, if you want this to get noticed, why not try making a thread in the bugs section? Maybe that will work?
  • Options
    SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Discovery!!!

I don't know if this works for everyone, but every time I save my world in s3pe and try EIG it works just that once! -I wonder why?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2012
    MacD13 wrote:
    Guys, if you want this to get noticed, why not try making a thread in the bugs section? Maybe that will work?

Thanks~ The Gurus do know about it. They've been told- by tweets and comments and they've told us they're working on it. Or that they know about it. So, we wait. :D
  • Options
    MacD13MacD13 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    MacD13 wrote:

Thanks~ The Gurus do know about it. They've been told- by tweets and comments and they've told us they're working on it. Or that they know about it. So, we wait. :D

Oh, Alright! Diddnt know that, Cant wait to get my hands into create a world (properly), Ive made some maps in the Source Engine with hammer (none of them released though :/) and im a big fan of the sims so i should love this.
  • Options
    merazmeraz Posts: 72 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I cant export my world. What can I do to fix the annoying problem?
  • Options
    Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited December 2012
    For what it's worth:

Running Vista 64bit
    8gigs Ram
    Triple Core Processor 2.10GHz
    ATI Radeon HD5700
    CAW is LAA = Yes
    Latest Version Installed

I had the crashing in EIG but after clearing my caches the problem went away but still having the issue where the world won't install and show in the InstalledWorlds folder. Hope there's a fix soon.
  • Options
    Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited December 2012
    anetherron wrote:
    tea_and_blues, can you explain to little further on how to get the world in game?, maybe a step by step. I don't think I am doing it right as it does not show up. Also, I am very confused as to how to do this. Thanks

This is what I did, ditermination, and it worked for me:

First, follow these steps to delete all 'dead' files: (just, instead of 'Desert Quest', delete all your world's relevant files lol)... http://calinselene.wordpress.com/how-to-fully-delete-desert-quest-world-in-preparation-for-installing-eldrichtfalls/

Then do this:

1) Reinstall the world
    2) Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/DC Backup. In it you will find a whole bunch of .package files with number/letter combo names.
    3)At the top of the screen click View - Arrange Icons by - Modified.
    4) The last file in the folder (most recently installed) should now be for your world.
    5) Rename it to a .world file. As in: 0x2db853d0721f456a8d90ba8e6b9b8fa7.package to My World .world.
    6) Take the renamed file and place it in My Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non Packaged/Worlds.

When you next open your game you should have your world available for use.

Hope this helps, good luck!

This worked for me too, thanks a million Anetherron.
  • Options
    OlgaDOlgaD Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2012
    :? Seriously annoying. Having the issue many have reported. My new custom world won't install. It says it installed, downloaded. Everything was successful. But it won't show up in my town options when I want to start a new game. Then doesn't show up as installed in the Game Launcher.
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited December 2012
    Fixed that link. I'm off to Mexico until mid-January so won't able to keep up with this during that period. Good luck! Happy holidays, Merry Christmas if you celebrate, take care all.
  • Options
    SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    edited December 2012
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey, guys... I still need help. What do I do?!?!
    I'm sorry, but my CAW has been broken for a couple months now, and I'm getting kinda irritated that I haven't been able to get any straight answers from anyone during this entire time span!!!!!!!!!! :x

Could someone please help me out with this backupdate thing?!?!?!?!?! :?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    I'm sorry, but my CAW has been broken for a couple months now, and I'm getting kinda irritated that I haven't been able to get any straight answers from anyone during this entire time span!!!!!!!!!! :x

Hi, bun :)

You want to backup your CAW files or are you asking about going back to 1.39 with the game updates and CAW?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:

You want to backup your CAW files or are you asking about going back to 1.39 with the game updates and CAW?

Hi!
    I wanna know how to update the game!
    I'm sorry if I came across as rude to anyone. I wasn't trying to be, but I just want some help with this! :oops: :?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:

Hi!
    I'm sorry if I came across as rude to anyone. I wasn't trying to be, but I just want some help with this! :oops: :?

How are you trying to update that is giving you problems?

The game update? Does you launcher say there is an update? What is your game updated at?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:

Hi!

The game update? Does you launcher say there is an update? What is your game updated at?

I'm sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say update CAW.
    It won't let me update because for some reason it's trying to update backwards to a lower version than what is currently installed, and no matter what I try I can't seem to fix it!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yes, the one for download has a lower number then the CAW before- I believe it's 1.18 for the 1.42 update while the version before for 1.39 is 1.19.

• Options
    fordtruckluverfordtruckluver Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2012
    I tried minimizing to get into EIG and that actually worked. I added lots and had it completely finished and now my world won't export ...bah! I'm almost ready to give up all together. I just wish when the box that comes up that says "world Export Failed!"
    It would at least tell me why. i also tried exporting a back up version of my world without the lots and that didn't work either. The only thing that i could get to export was a blank world file, so I guess i'm going to have buckle down and wait for an updated version of CAW or start a new world and hope by the time I finish the issues with exporting and installing will be fixed...
  • Options
    sam_jaderiasam_jaderia Posts: 284 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I tried minimizing to get into EIG and that actually worked. I added lots and had it completely finished and now my world won't export ...bah! I'm almost ready to give up all together. I just wish when the box that comes up that says "world Export Failed!"
    It would at least tell me why. i also tried exporting a back up version of my world without the lots and that didn't work either. The only thing that i could get to export was a blank world file, so I guess i'm going to have buckle down and wait for an updated version of CAW or start a new world and hope by the time I finish the issues with exporting and installing will be fixed...

Back up everything before you do anything (basic rule of trying to "fix" things. Then:

Try going into your My Documents/Electronic Arts/ folder. In there you should find a "The Sims" folder. Rename this to something else, like "The Sims Current". Then start the Launcher. This will cause a new, clean "The Sims" folder to be created with factory default settings.

Clear out any CAW caches, then restart CAW and try to export your world. This worked for me.

Sometimes custom content or changes made to your files stop you exporting worlds. If you make a new clean folder it doesn't have these problems. When you want to play again, rename your new "The Sims" folder to something like "The Sims CAW" and keep it for exporting stuff. Get your "The Sims Current" folder and rename it "The Sims". Then you have all your custom content and save games back so you can play again.
  • Options
    fordtruckluverfordtruckluver Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2012

Back up everything before you do anything (basic rule of trying to "fix" things. Then:

Try going into your My Documents/Electronic Arts/ folder. In there you should find a "The Sims" folder. Rename this to something else, like "The Sims Current". Then start the Launcher. This will cause a new, clean "The Sims" folder to be created with factory default settings.

Clear out any CAW caches, then restart CAW and try to export your world. This worked for me.

Sometimes custom content or changes made to your files stop you exporting worlds. If you make a new clean folder it doesn't have these problems. When you want to play again, rename your new "The Sims" folder to something like "The Sims CAW" and keep it for exporting stuff. Get your "The Sims Current" folder and rename it "The Sims". Then you have all your custom content and save games back so you can play again.

I was somewhat doubtful that would work but, I tried it and I was pleasantly surprised it did work, now all I have to do is install it, hopefully that will work too... It is downright amazing how many work arounds we need to use to get CAW to work, at least we have a community that shares their ideas for getting it to work. thanks for the help! :D
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:

Hi!

It won't let me update because for some reason it's trying to update backwards to a lower version than what is currently installed, and no matter what I try I can't seem to fix it!

Bunbunnyny,
    Did you uninstall the old version of CAW before installing the new? The reason I ask is, if I recall correctly, in theory you shouldn't be getting a message that you're installing an older version than the one already installed, because you should already have CAW uninstalled, before you try to install a "newer" version (which, in this case, has an "older" version number... Confused yet? :P).

CAW doesn't get updates, per se; whenever the Sims GAME itself gets a patch, EA puts out a new CAW version that (supposedly) goes with it; it's a new program, not just an add-on, patch or update that goes "on top of" the existing program, so you have to actually remove/uninstall the old version (after you back up everything!) and then install the new. I think this "rule" applies when replacing any version with any version, not just a newer with an "older". At least, that's what I've always understood. (In all honesty, I haven't done it myself lately because I'm still using the old pre-Seasons setup... I'm such a chicken... :roll:)

Forgive me if I'm totally off the mark here and you already checked that off the list... I'm certainly not an expert on the matter! Just trying to think what else it might be...

I hope you can get it working...
  • Options
    SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    edited December 2012
    meraz wrote:
    I cant export my world. What can I do to fix the annoying problem?

I have the same problem. But at last it succeeded :)

And because EIG don't work, i needed to go back to CAW and make some changes. And now i have the same problem, i can't export my world :(

I wonder why it succed sometimes..
  • Options
    TrystianeTrystiane Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2012
    I also can not go into EIG at all. I tried the minimizing trick, it didn't work. And any world I export will not install correctly.
  • Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The Minanising trick used to work with me, until yesterday, where it just crashes on me when trying to load the world, no matter what. I have lots of CC on my game. Here are my PC spects.

"OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name AWESOMECOMPUTER
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Dell System Inspiron N7110
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A12, 2/22/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name AwesomeComputer\Eli
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5.90 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.50 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 11.8 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 7.90 GB
    Page File Space 5.90 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys"

My CAW version is "0.2.0.190", and my Game version is "1.42".
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    bunbunnyny wrote:

Hi!

Bunbunnyny,
    Did you uninstall the old version of CAW before installing the new? The reason I ask is, if I recall correctly, in theory you shouldn't be getting a message that you're installing an older version than the one already installed, because you should already have CAW uninstalled, before you try to install a "newer" version (which, in this case, has an "older" version number... Confused yet? :P).

CAW doesn't get updates, per se; whenever the Sims GAME itself gets a patch, EA puts out a new CAW version that (supposedly) goes with it; it's a new program, not just an add-on, patch or update that goes "on top of" the existing program, so you have to actually remove/uninstall the old version (after you back up everything!) and then install the new. I think this "rule" applies when replacing any version with any version, not just a newer with an "older". At least, that's what I've always understood. (In all honesty, I haven't done it myself lately because I'm still using the old pre-Seasons setup... I'm such a chicken... :roll:)

Forgive me if I'm totally off the mark here and you already checked that off the list... I'm certainly not an expert on the matter! Just trying to think what else it might be...

I hope you can get it working...

I understand that they silently re-release CAW versions for us to figure out on our own (extremely annoying, IMO).
    And yes, Inhave tried uninstalling and for some reason that's also not working, as well! I dunno what to do! Thanks, though... :?
  • Options
    Misspotatoes1130Misspotatoes1130 Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    my game wrks fine, my CC works fine, I make a Great town, and eport it fine. WHen i try to Install it, it installs, i got ot play the game IT'S NOT THERE! close the game open back up the start screen, says it isn't installed. happens for EVERY town i make. i have all EPs and SPs. and the game is updated fully. I Have WIndows Vista, 64 bit. I am so Frustrated over this i am going crazy. i tried what was states on page like 8 of this thread, But i can't figure out how to Change the file from .Package to .world. there IS NO OPTION for it. so *** do i do?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top