Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Issues with Supernatural and Seasons CAW: Discussion and research thread.

Comments

• JhoveJhove Posts: 113 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am surprised this thread is not sticky.
  • ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited December 2012
    my game wrks fine, my CC works fine, I make a Great town, and eport it fine. WHen i try to Install it, it installs, i got ot play the game IT'S NOT THERE! close the game open back up the start screen, says it isn't installed. happens for EVERY town i make. i have all EPs and SPs. and the game is updated fully. I Have WIndows Vista, 64 bit. I am so Frustrated over this i am going crazy. i tried what was states on page like 8 of this thread, But i can't figure out how to Change the file from .Package to .world. there IS NO OPTION for it. so *** do i do?

Read through this thread as we all have done. The answer is in this thread. The answer to manually install your world the new temporary way while EA fixes CAW is in this thread.

I know it is upsetting, frustrating, and angerfying. The whole CAW community sympathizes with you. The whole CAW community is gojng through the same thing you are. You are doing everything right. CAW is all wrong lol.
  • NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Okay, so, Christmas is over and the New year is coming and I decided to stop by to see if anything has happened CAW wise. Sad to see that the answer is still no. This is so frustrating because there's only so much one can do in CAW without EIG. I can open it but I can't save in it, without getting read-only lots warnings (yes, now in EIG instead of CAW). I've spent the holidays doing wallpapers, recoloring building shells and some CAW objects but now I just want my EIG back into working order. This waiting game is getting ridiculous. :|
  • BoggygirlBoggygirl Posts: 256 Member
    edited January 2013
    Bumping this since it was buried on the 4th page of threads this morning.

I did the work around to install my world and it DID appear in my drop-down menu (which it was not doing before), so thanks to everyone who figured that process out!

Now when I try to load my game to play in the world, however, my game crashes saying it has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution. Any ideas?
  • sam_jaderiasam_jaderia Posts: 284 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Boggygirl wrote:
    Bumping this since it was buried on the 4th page of threads this morning.

I did the work around to install my world and it DID appear in my drop-down menu (which it was not doing before), so thanks to everyone who figured that process out!

Now when I try to load my game to play in the world, however, my game crashes saying it has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution. Any ideas?

Try my post earlier in this thread here. I don't know how safe it is to do, so back everything up just in case. It seems to be something to do with custom content and the DCCache files and DC backup files.

I still get the error intermittently when playing though, so be sure to save often.

edited January 2013
    Thank you for your suggestion - I had tried so many variations on the other suggestions, but not this one. I can't wait to get home and test it out!

ETA: No joy for me, but I am glad the work arounds are working for other people :( I wish they would fix this problem!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ah, here it is... :mrgreen:
  • TboythegreatTboythegreat Posts: 365 Member
    edited January 2013
    :mrgreen: Bumping this one up again. The strange thing is, I can load very old versions of my world. But once I work on them, I can't! It leaves me to believe the Launcher needs to be updating.

If true, E A. may say they aren't responsible for CAW...But, (Bleep Bleep)...They are responsible for the launcher. :thumbdown:
  • shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    edited January 2013
    Bumping, really hope they fix this soon, have a world I want to try out and it's just sitting there.
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • LaraquaLaraqua Posts: 15
    edited January 2013
    Have they commented on whether or not there are any plans to look at fixing it? I understand they may not have a time frame for it but I'd hope they'd let us know if it's something we can look forward to or have to accept we'll be living without.
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2013
    I see there is a new patch and it says it fixes the CAW issue---has anyone tried it yet?

Create a world updates:
    Fixed an issue with saving worlds in Create A World.
    Worlds will now install and appear on the main menu properly when downloaded. Worlds do not need to be resaved for this to apply. Any worlds that were affected by this issue can be reinstalled via the launcher and will appear in the main menu.

I'm waiting for the ok from my fav. modders before I update---but I'll be beyond thrilled if this patch fixes CAW! :)
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • leridianleridian Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Me too. I'm still waiting to update and install Seasons. Can't wait to find out if it really works.
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I may as well try to see if it works. I'll approve whatever I can seeing what works for me :). I'll be back in a bit for a report on if it is a fix or not!
    edited January 2013
    I tried updating CAW. So far, I was able to go EIG and save WITHOUT warnings. So far so good. I'm going to see if I can upload Affinity Island before I exit out of this EIG. I'm basically finished with it, I just need a few pictures. Hopefully the second or third time I save, there aren't any warnings or crashes.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for keeping us updated, SimExpertJared.

Has anyone successfully installed and played in their world yet?
    :)
    edited January 2013
    Question...
    Does it snow in Seasons in EIG? Or only in the actual game? I have Seasons now, and I'm trying to get winter and fall pics.
    edited January 2013
    Question...
    Does it snow in Seasons in EIG? Or only in the actual game? I have Seasons now, and I'm trying to get winter and fall pics.

I don't know- Why not install your world and then take pictures?
    edited January 2013
    Wow.... good Idea :) .. but I can't get a picture of the entire world. Can I? If so, what setting?
    edited January 2013
    Yes, you can. The tab key and the x,z keys plus the mouse wheel. The a,s,d,e keys are directions along with the <> keys.
    edited January 2013
    Alright, I will give that a try! I just need to get it installed.
  • SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited January 2013
    GameVersion = 1.18.7.019037

and still can't add own worlds to game :(
    edited January 2013
    Looks like I need to update my game too, because none of the worlds I have will install and in most cases, ones already installed won't show up! I'm just afraid that if I install the newest patch CAW won't work.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks like I need to update my game too, because none of the worlds I have will install and in most cases, ones already installed won't show up! I'm just afraid that if I install the newest patch CAW won't work.
    The same case, but I've used solution of anetherron from 8th page of this post and now worlds are showing up.
    (my game is on 1.47 european version, incremental patch from 1.46, CAW downloaded only yesterday and I've modified files in Programs http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/633717.page)
    Thank You anetherron.;-) and ellacharm
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • TboythegreatTboythegreat Posts: 365 Member
    edited January 2013
    Bumping this one up.

I did the updating of the game... But, of course that just makes CAW incompatable. I tried to manually update CAW to match game update( I have done that before).

Bottom line- That doesn't do me any good.
  • ravrieze87ravrieze87 Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    :cry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top