Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuru Argus' Mansion

Comments

• Options
    Sims33337Sims33337 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2012
    I can't wait bookmarked
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited September 2012
    All I want is the Mansion and Family.

And really I wonder why so many threads have to become aguments. I mean really just let people do what they do you're not going to change anybody over the forums. The name calling is not cool, people are still people and people have feelings some are more fragile than others. And I dont't understand why some people want to take the time to right long paragraphs to put a group of people down. And you can say you're not singling out a specific person but you have to realize people are reading this post individually so it hurts the same. Let's just stay cool guys ;) We all love Sims.

Anyway SimGurus all I want to know is if Soon means hours, days, or weeks so I can stop checking back and forth.
  • Options
    squirrelONmethsquirrelONmeth Posts: 20
    edited September 2012
    Latest progress. Seems a lot of the footage is inconsistent in the house, could be the reason why it is taking forever. Walls move magically and rooms get bigger throughout the entire producer walkthrough.
    progress2h.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    shanza311shanza311 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited September 2012
    anything yet??
  • Options
    Imagino1234Imagino1234 Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    Oh dear, I shouldn't have eaten all of my popcorn from the movie I've seen earlier... Oh well, I can still wait for the mansion.
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited September 2012
    So, nothing yet?

Oh well, for one I'm glad I didnt have my heart set on this. Since I didnt see the vid walkthrough I didnt get all excited over it.

If it comes it comes, if not thats okay.
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2012
    You didn't pay for it, so just wait patiently.
    We may not have paid for it but we still told we would have it by a certain date and that shouldnt matter if we paid for it or not. Now if like I had said before if they at least came out and said that they were having a different story then you would find that alot of us would back off a bit since at least we would know what the problem was.
    Again, I regret the "name calling". My underlying complaint is still very valid and I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears!....I never called anyone entitled. .....f anyone in this thread were to say they were going to load something special and planed to get it out by the UK release, would it be fair to then demand they load it or explain themselves?
    Our complaint is still vaild as well. We were told by somone at EA and I dont think it was Argus that said we would have the house on the 4th. Even if its got nothing to do with EA we were still told we would have it on a certain day and a simple little explaination as to wha the hold up it would suffice for most people.
    Another person was the one that called us entittled. I think if most of the other people round here actually would come out and say their was a problem with their upload before their was a big otcry for it.
  • Options
    shanza311shanza311 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited September 2012
    bump
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2012
    waiting bump
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited September 2012
    I guess EA can just learn from this. Don't set dates and then not follow through.

I don't understand why its so hard for them to upload a house.
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ya know, I know my comment will turn into a rage war but thats okay.

I've sat here & read all 13 pages on this thread, so I know what I've read. I didnt say anything thinking that since I was reading it at late nite time I was maybe reading more than there was. Since text is a poor medium to show when one is joking, or trying to be funny but now I'm sure of one thing.

Poetic was right, there are people here in this thread that think they are <U>entitled</U> to getting SGArgus's house he built.

Yes, one of the other SG's came in & posted about it. Yes, one of the SG's said in the walkthrough that they would upload it.
    So what? Maybe SGArgus doesnt want us to have it? Maybe SGArgus took some time off after the stress of getting this game out before he has to ramp back up to get Seasons out.

You got what you paid for.. the <b>Game</b>

You are not entitled to annything else. Sheesh

In my over 40 years of life on this planet, I have been told I was getting many things. Some by my folks, some by bosses, some by companies I buy products from. You know the old saying about wishing in one hand & spitting in the other?

Life is full of disappointments, grow up, you dont always get what you want or were promised.

Maybe the SG that promised it mis-spoke, maybe they got reprimanded by the higher ups & the SG that came here is just trying to be nice.
    Yes, it would be nice if they just came forward & said "yes, we hope to get it to you by the weekend" Or "No, sorry, we cant do it" but to sit here & whine like some are most likely are making the SG's say no way.

Personally I would like to see the house, but ya know what. If it comes it comes, if not its okay too as it would have been a addon.

I'm gone, this thread has become way too whiney.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    DiS02 wrote:
    Ya know, I know my comment will turn into a rage war but thats okay.

I've sat here & read all 13 pages on this thread, so I know what I've read. I didnt say anything thinking that since I was reading it at late nite time I was maybe reading more than there was. Since text is a poor medium to show when one is joking, or trying to be funny but now I'm sure of one thing.

Poetic was right, there are people here in this thread that think they are <U>entitled</U> to getting SGArgus's house he built.

Yes, one of the other SG's came in & posted about it. Yes, one of the SG's said in the walkthrough that they would upload it.
    So what? Maybe SGArgus doesnt want us to have it? Maybe SGArgus took some time off after the stress of getting this game out before he has to ramp back up to get Seasons out.

You got what you paid for.. the <b>Game</b>

You are not entitled to annything else. Sheesh

In my over 40 years of life on this planet, I have been told I was getting many things. Some by my folks, some by bosses, some by companies I buy products from. You know the old saying about wishing in one hand & spitting in the other?

Life is full of disappointments, grow up, you dont always get what you want or were promised.

Maybe the SG that promised it mis-spoke, maybe they got reprimanded by the higher ups & the SG that came here is just trying to be nice.
    Yes, it would be nice if they just came forward & said "yes, we hope to get it to you by the weekend" Or "No, sorry, we cant do it" but to sit here & whine like some are most likely are making the SG's say no way.

Personally I would like to see the house, but ya know what. If it comes it comes, if not its okay too as it would have been a addon.

I'm gone, this thread has become way too whiney.

You're right, you can't have everything in life. but when they announce it officially, and especially setting a date, then I get excited and put my trust in them that they will have it.

It makes them look bad when they say something will be given to us and then its not.

What makes it even worse is that they set a date for it. It looks a bit unprofessional to say something officially on the site and then not follow through with it.

I guess we'll just have to wait, but EA should learn from this not to set dates next time.
  • Options
    jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I really hope we'll get it soon... :?
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to wait patiently instead of acting entitled to FREE and OPTIONAL content that can be uploaded at the Creator's will, in this case one of the SimGurus.

We don't know why it's not out yet, or when it will be released and honestly just hope you will get it at one point. I'm kind of baffled at how people are being very ignorant and inconsiderate about a Mansion and Household.

This is not life-threatening or ruining your game by not having it so ENJOY your game until this household comes out. I'm sure it will be uploaded whenever they get the chance to.

It's not "poor business" practice or anything, it's something they are offering to the Community as an option to use or not and are not charging you whatsoever.

• Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2012
    Just wondering is it out yet?
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    edited September 2012
    EA....I'm tempted to say you suck for this....
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited September 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    I guess EA can just learn from this. Don't set dates and then not follow through.

This.

I am enjoying my game regardless but still planned on checking this out, and possibly making an entire new save separate from the SN i already have just to play the family that comes with it. :D
  • Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited September 2012
    The idiocy is funny. :lol:

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif[/img]

• Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Dis02 and AznSensei... finally some people who actually gets it.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2012
    There really is no point in bashing EA over this since it's not EA that offered to upload the mansion. It was SimGuruArgus himself, offering to upload it. While he works for EA, he doesn't represent the company is this case. He's simply offering it as a fellow Simmer. I know, being patient is difficult at times. Please have a little faith. SimGuruHydra is aware of the situation and has offered to keep everyone informed. It will happen. Eventually. Making a big fuss about your disappointment isn't gonna help matters any.

Just my $.02 which is about all my advice is worth. Have a great day!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:

You're right, you can't have everything in life. but when they announce it officially, and especially setting a date, then I get excited and put my trust in them that they will have it.

It makes them look bad when they say something will be given to us and then its not.

What makes it even worse is that they set a date for it. It looks a bit unprofessional to say something officially on the site and then not follow through with it.

I guess we'll just have to wait, but EA should learn from this not to set dates next time.

No, NotSoLucky REALLY gets it.

Well said. Don't promise and not deliver, free content or not.
  • Options
    ANGELA_5ANGELA_5 Posts: 96 Member
    edited September 2012
    No offense and I am not trying to sound like a crank but I don't understand the arguing form either side. It is very exciting I and really want the house too, but I think that we should all enjoy our game and just enjoy the house when it comes out.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    ANGELA_5 wrote:
    No offense and I am not trying to sound like a crank but I don't understand the arguing form either side. It is very exciting I and really want the house too, but I think that we should all enjoy our game and just enjoy the house when it comes out.

I'm still having a blast!

Just saying- EA disappointed some of their loyal customers/fans by saying they'd share something by "x" day and not delivering. It's Just the principle behind it is all. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:

This.

I am enjoying my game regardless but still planned on checking this out, and possibly making an entire new save separate from the SN i already have just to play the family that comes with it. :D

Same here. I'm having a blast playing my game aside from "too many zombies" glitch.

But I really think they need to be careful when setting dates. Alot of people assume they will be getting something and become disappointed. I agree they didn't have to even share it with us, but when they say it will be here on a certain date, then not follow through, it looks unprofessional. Its not the house that people are upset about, its how they basically said we were getting something and didn't. But whatever, I like the game and will be okay without if we don't get it.

PS- to anyone reading, I'd like to say that im not trying to fight. I'm sharing my opinion. Thats all.