Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuru Argus' Mansion

Comments

• Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited September 2012
    only one way to solve this issue right now... ZOMBIE DEATH MATCH!

Arrrrrghhhh

Braaaiinnssssss

ARGH!

Ughhhhhh

Brainssszzszszdasfsdfvc

Arughhhhheggueurrrhhhhhh

:lol: thats my favorite solution!

• Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited September 2012
    All this popcorn eating is making me hungry!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2012
    Have a little faith. SimGuruHydra is on the job. She'll post when it's available. :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Arkham_ZombieArkham_Zombie Posts: 554 New Member
    edited September 2012
    kari6041 wrote:
    What is so great about this masion, that everyone wants it so bad? I guess i haven' treally seen it so does someone have a link to where I can see it? I might want it to if its that great. I was a little dissapointed in the housing selection in 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Don't get me wrong, I love this EP, Just would've liked to see a little more houses built in 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

It's beautifully made and looks like it just belongs in Moonlight Falls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lnY_v3FxRI
  • Options
    Arkham_ZombieArkham_Zombie Posts: 554 New Member
    edited September 2012
    This will be my reaction when it actually goes up :mrgreen:

33ct1tc.jpg
  • Options
    dragongirl08dragongirl08 Posts: 7
    edited September 2012

Arrrrrghhhh

Braaaiinnssssss

ARGH!

Ughhhhhh

Brainssszzszszdasfsdfvc

Arughhhhheggueurrrhhhhhh

This is great!! Count me in!
  • Options
    squirrelONmethsquirrelONmeth Posts: 20
    edited September 2012
    I've attempted to recreate the house, seems to be going well! (Can anyone tell me what railing he used for the second floor balcony and roof?)12574538.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    shadeofhershadeofher Posts: 59 New Member
    edited September 2012
    lol, you think this is a lot of whining and people acting like entitled brats? This is tame compared to like WoW or LoL forums. I don't know how many times I've seen people in WoW swear that the game has been ruined, Blizzard is to blame, and they are leaving and never coming back.

I've read this thread, and I've actually seen very little actual whining. The thing is, nobody would be this eager about it if it was just the petition thread. We only talk about it because we liked it and EA said they would give it to us and specified September 4th as a date. Entitled? Not exactly, but you shouldn't blame people for thinking they are going to get a product promised to them, and then being slightly impatient when they don't. It wasn't these people who said, "You must give us house and you must do it now!" All they have been saying is, "We loved the house! You said September 4th... we're a little disappointed, but still excited!" I mean, these are some of the nicest complainers I've seen. A bunch are even sitting there making excuses for EA.

But if you want to go and label everyone whiners and brats, seriously think about picking up WoW or other MMORPGs. A new expansion is coming out and there is already some serious whining.
  • Options
    Axlorg89Axlorg89 Posts: 884 New Member
    edited September 2012
    i plan on getting supernatural (no le though T.T) please post it
  • Options
    rowanenrowanen Posts: 440
    edited September 2012
    I've attempted to recreate the house, seems to be going well! (Can anyone tell me what railing he used for the second floor balcony and roof?)12574538.png

Its the cornices(sp?) they came with the update and should be under roof decor.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited September 2012
    shadeofher wrote:
    lol, you think this is a lot of whining and people acting like entitled brats? This is tame compared to like WoW or LoL forums. I don't know how many times I've seen people in WoW swear that the game has been ruined, Blizzard is to blame, and they are leaving and never coming back.

I've read this thread, and I've actually seen very little actual whining. The thing is, nobody would be this eager about it if it was just the petition thread. We only talk about it because we liked it and EA said they would give it to us and specified September 4th as a date. Entitled? Not exactly, but you shouldn't blame people for thinking they are going to get a product promised to them, and then being slightly impatient when they don't. It wasn't these people who said, "You must give us house and you must do it now!" All they have been saying is, "We loved the house! You said September 4th... we're a little disappointed, but still excited!" I mean, these are some of the nicest complainers I've seen. A bunch are even sitting there making excuses for EA.

But if you want to go and label everyone whiners and brats, seriously think about picking up WoW or other MMORPGs. A new expansion is coming out and there is already some serious whining.

I am sorry for "name calling". I guess it's an age thing. I got annoyed with the demands for something that was offered but not promised.

Also, sorry to correct you, but EA has nothing to do with it. Argus made the lot and family. Such a demand for it made him offer to upload it. A sim Guru did say he was going to load it and has posted a few updates, but it has nothing to do with EA. The company is not offering this, one of their employees may be offering it but just because someone who works in a museum offers to paint your portrait doesn't mean the museum is responsible!

I was trying to make that point in my previous post. Argus is doing this of his own free will and under no obligation. He may be having real life issues to deal with and hasn't been able to load it. I will make this point again, it is not EA offering this lot! It is another simmer who has offered and just because they work for EA that does not obligate him in any way to upload his personal creations.

Again, I regret the "name calling". My underlying complaint is still very valid and I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears!

~Readying myself for the Zombie Death Match!~ :wink:
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Eriklover555Eriklover555 Posts: 45
    edited September 2012
    I think the real problem isn't that people feel "entitled," it's that we had certain expectations, and they were kind of dashed. Complaining to someone else about how they deal with that doesn't help either. Venting is a natural way of dealing with disappointment.

Plus, it's really annoying to tell something that they shouldn't be upset. It doesn't make them any less so; in fact, it makes it worse.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2012

Arrrrrghhhh

Braaaiinnssssss

ARGH!

Ughhhhhh

Brainssszzszszdasfsdfvc

Arughhhhheggueurrrhhhhhh

lol :mrgreen:

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited September 2012
    I think the real problem isn't that people feel "entitled," it's that we had certain expectations, and they were kind of dashed. Complaining to someone else about how they deal with that doesn't help either. Venting is a natural way of dealing with disappointment.

Plus, it's really annoying to tell something that they shouldn't be upset. It doesn't make them any less so; in fact, it makes it worse.

I never called anyone entitled. I also understand disappointment. My complaint is the way everyone is acting like this is an EA product that should have been out as soon as the game was released. I find this very disrespectful to Argus. Whatever his reasons for not having loaded, he deserves more than demands and complaints.

If anyone in this thread were to say they were going to load something special and planed to get it out by the UK release, would it be fair to then demand they load it or explain themselves? This is what I'm trying to get across. I won't post again, either you get it or you don't.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited September 2012
    This will be my reaction when it actually goes up :mrgreen:

33ct1tc.jpg

this ^-^

will be mine to
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2012

I never called anyone entitled. I also understand disappointment. My complaint is the way everyone is acting like this is an EA product that should have been out as soon as the game was released. I find this very disrespectful to Argus. Whatever his reasons for not having loaded, he deserves more than demands and complaints.

If anyone in this thread were to say they were going to load something special and planed to get it out by the UK release, would it be fair to then demand they load it or explain themselves? This is what I'm trying to get across. I won't post again, either you get it or you don't.

agree :!:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    edited September 2012

Complaining about complaining is an odd complaint :)
  • Options
    shadeofhershadeofher Posts: 59 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I understand where you are coming from. However, they didn't really present it as "Argus hears you and he'll upload the mansion."

From the FAQ (http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=451306):
    "Kati St. John: Yes, Argus's mansion was pretty awesome, wasn't it? :) It's not included in The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Pack, but starting on September 4th (the day the game launches!), Argus's mansion can be downloaded from The Sims 3 exchange and be added to Moonlight Falls, or any other world with enough room for the lot (the mansion is pretty big). We're providing two packages, one with the household and one without. Please note that without The Sims 3 Supernatural, the mansion will be missing specific objects and Sim attributes, so if you plan to download this mansion, we recommend getting the full experience by having The Sims 3 Supernatural installed!"

It uses the plural pronoun and never even says he is going to be the one uploading it. Based on this comment, it sounds fairly official. I may have read it wrong, read more into it than it said, but it doesn't sound like one guy being like, "Yeah, sounds like a good idea..." but the company being like, "Yeah, we can do that."
  • Options
    erick1079erick1079 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited September 2012
    SO its been 2 days after the release of SN and still no angus's mansion. I think he;s trying to make a replica of the house on the video since its his creation and am sure he doesnt want to share it with us. So I bet he's trying to make a house that looks similar to it but still not the same, remember that really kickout houses in the sims 3 take days to make, so am sure that is the reason why is taking them too long to post it on the exchangE, and i know am gonna get a bunch of hateful replies for what am gonna say but The guy only works for EA he could still get on the forums and explain himself i mean c'mon not like he's a celebrity. Remember youtube doesnt make you a star...it only gives you your 15 mins of fame
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    My progress so far, need to start matching colors and such!
    progresswv.png

• Options
    Eriklover555Eriklover555 Posts: 45
    edited September 2012
    progresswv.png

This is gorgeous! Good job. :D
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited September 2012

Since this seems to be a throw your opinion out there thread, i will do just that.

Honestly I agree with you both.

I understand the disrespect issue towards Argus that you're pointing out. There are more post of the demanding tantrum type than someone like myself, and obviously someone like yourself, would like to see. Especially regarding something FREE that someone spent their time making and don't have to offer in the first place.

I also understand why the other simmers are saying EA. If Argus is making a mansion for an EA Walkthrough and then promising on this forum under his SimGuru login, then to me he is representing EA. He personally may have made it and personally decided to offer it FOR FREE to the simming community via the exchange, and most likely under his SimGuru login, but this is still to me representing EA. Now if he was to have a personal login that he made this promise and decided to upload the mansion under then so be it on Argus head. But thats not how it was done and I think a lot of simmers in this thread would have felt calling Argus out personally would have been rude, so that is why they say EA.
    Who knows maybe that's why it hasn't been uploaded. He may have personally decided to share something for free, thinking it ok because he created it, without thinking EA may not like that too much. Saying that is what they pay him to do. Make things for them to sell to us, not give them away for free.

Lastly as a personal forum rule when i see threads going in this direction i think is it possible to get my opinion out without making the growing tension worse or offending someone. If the answer is no i usually (no one is perfect) don't post. A couple simmers in this thread could benefit from trying that out. Maybe even learn to keep unhelpful comments in their head instead of on the forums.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    progresswv.png

Does anyone know what siding is used?!
  • Options
    DrguyksDrguyks Posts: 164 Member
    edited September 2012
    On second thought...I will just remain silent *claps hand* I'm out.
  • Options
    19kb9519kb95 Posts: 8
    edited September 2012

For me, my problem with this isn't that the mansion isn't up on exchange, it's that no one is updating us and telling us what's going on.
    First the blog that told us all that the Household and the House seperate would both be up on exchange on September 4th "Day Supernatural comes out", it's not there. Then SimGuruHydra posted on this form that the House will be up "soon". She post a again apologizing and then saying that it will be up "very soon".

Telling us that it will be up "soon" isn't a good response to give to us. My opinion is that they should tell us why it is taking them this long to put it on exchange and a real estimated time it will be up.

I'm cool with waiting for it, I just like to be kept updated on it's progress.