Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP's will you be Removing for Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited August 2012
    If I have to, then I'll remove Showtime. I like the clothes though so I wouldn't love to have to do that, but I don't use the expansion pack very much.
    If I had WA then I'd probably uninstall that too haha.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    SugarmewSugarmew Posts: 236
    edited August 2012
    My computer has never had a problem running all EPs with over 700 pieces of CC, so hopefully none. ;) If I have to, I'll uninstall Showtime, because I need the first 3 EPs to run custom worlds, Generations is too fun, and I wouldn't uninstall Pets unless absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    cajo5cajo5 Posts: 1,359
    edited August 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

I'd buy a new computer before doing that.

I wouldn't have bought them if I planned to uninstall them later. :shock:

this times 10 .. ill rather fix the problem then try uninstall eps.

How do you use a screen shot as your profile photo?
  • Options
    CopenRoadCopenRoad Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well, I've already said that I don't have to nor am I planning to remove any of my expansion of stuff packs for Seasons, but if I absolutely had to, I'd probably remove World Adventures. It gets kind of repetitive after a few vacations, and honestly, I don't remember the last time I took any of my Sims on a vacation. That, and none of the vacation worlds will get weather anyway.
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited August 2012
    Not an EP, but I will remove The Sims Medieval, considering I don't play it anymore.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    GlennGnerdGlennGnerd Posts: 272
    edited August 2012
    Supposedly paid CC; given that, I'd hate to continue paying for the same CAS every time there's a critical update.

Then again, I haven't been using it that long...so I might be wrong.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MajesticGMajesticG Posts: 285 New Member
    edited August 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

I'd buy a new computer before doing that.

I wouldn't have bought them if I planned to uninstall them later. :shock:

this times 10 .. ill rather fix the problem then try uninstall eps.

I'm not uninstalling anything... :shock:
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Ambitions and maybe Showtime. It depends on the outfits in Seasons or if I get Simpoints/gifts.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2012
    I like to play with them ALL installed, and seeing as my computer has more than enough space I shouldn't have to uninstall any. My biggest concern is performance, since I can't upgrade my RAM any more than it is (32-bit system, ugh). I am hoping that Supernatural and Seasons added to everything else won't prove to be more than 4 GB of RAM can handle without tons of lag and crashing. I'm not really willing to set all my graphics on low, but I will get rid of all my CC if I have to in order to play those EPs.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ShannicholShannichol Posts: 175
    edited August 2012
    i just removed the World Adventures EP and the Town Life SP..got them both as gifts and never really use either so i though "why not just uninstall them?" I really hate to uninstall Late Night, but it just seems to screw up my gameplay :(
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think my PC will be able to handle Seasons because I haven't had any major problems with the game yet. But if I had to uninstall anything, it would be all of The Sims 2, WA, Pets, KPST, and maybe Ambitions.
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2012
    awhellnaw wrote:
    If seasons slows down my computer, then maybe i'll remove WA.

^This.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've had my current laptop for a little over a year so buying a whole new one is out of the question. It handles recent games pretty well on medium-high settings.

My game was running pretty smoothly until I installed Pets (nice outfits/objects but takes forever to load pets in CAS) so that would probably be the first to go *if* it came down to that.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2012
    I will not uninstall anything as i only have Sims3 pets and sims 3 so no problem there.:D
  • Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited August 2012
    None. My computer has two hard-drives, plenty of space, and can play the Sims really well.
  • Options
    PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2012
    None. I had no idea people did that.

I guess I assumed people would plan ahead whether or not they would have to uninstall something in the future before they spent money on it.

If I had to pick though, I'd pick Showtime.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm hoping I don't have to remove anything, my machine is pretty powerful, but it'd be a shame if it were to overheat or something D:

I usually monitor my temps anyway while playing, so if it gets too high I'll just look at cooling options
  • Options
    chocbubbleschocbubbles Posts: 1,972 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully none, but my laptop has been getting a bit too hot lately :(
  • Options
    SAMMY97SAMMY97 Posts: 176 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I will not be removing any of my eps
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have a 1terabyte external harddrive. Is it possible to install the base game and all ep's, sp's onto it and play? Or is there another way to do it so I can run my sims from the external?
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2012
    None, my computer can handle the all the EPs and SP's so far. I think it will be able to handle Seasons and Supernatural too.

I'm thinking of removing my CC anyway, so I will have even more room. (I've got waaaaay to much CC)
  • Options
    littlelinfordlittlelinford Posts: 673 New Member
    edited August 2012
    WA

Then sell it to my little brother :twisted:
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited August 2012
    If I have to remove some I will remove my sims 2 games. I don't play with them very much anymore.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited August 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    None. My laptop will be fine :thumbup:
    If I had to get rid of something, I would just lighten up on my CC use.
    This for me :)

And I would uninstall LN but I love some of those clothes...
  • Options
    elbagarpieelbagarpie Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2012
    None for me, I'm just going to install everything on my Windows 7 hard drive for the extra 5 GB of RAM, and to start fresh with no custom content...I have a lot of junk n I'd like to build up a fresh and better organised collection. :)