Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP's will you be Removing for Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2012
    None, I'm just going to buy a new graphic card for my computer (still need to do that from pets)
  • Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't want to have to remove any. The EP I use the least is WA because I had a lot of glitches when I travelled with it. i still wouldn't want to uninstall it though because I love to use the cameras and play photographer sims. :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    lu_sims33lu_sims33 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure that my computer will be fine with all of them. Actually I've never had problems with The Sims 3. :D , but If I really had to, probably World Adventures, or Ambitions :thumbup:

• Options
    babyvdramaqueenbabyvdramaqueen Posts: 398 New Member
    edited August 2012
    lu_sims33 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that my computer will be fine with all of them. Actually I've never had problems with The Sims 3. :D , but If I really had to, probably World Adventures, or Ambitions :thumbup:
    Really? Well consider yourself very lucky! :) If I had a dollar for eveyrtime I had to post on the forum, here or at MTS, or google a problem, I'd be richer then Bill Gates!! :D Lol than I'd have no problems!! ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Will be removing nothing, would rather remove non related stuff on my computer before a touch anything of Sims, i want everything lol
    LMao same here, for my new laptop I want it to be primarily for sims I think and so I'll make sure to not save too manypictures, songs, and etc. I think that was one of the problems with first compputer with sims, it wasn't just for sims and had TONS of songs and pictures...
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2012
    hmm I doubt I will have to remove anything but if I did WA would be the first to go lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for all feedback guys! <3 Nonetheless, I think I can speak for everyone, in that no one really wants to/voluntarily want to remove a EP, let's hope for the best for everyone. Hopefully very little or none have to make this choice! :D
  • Options
    orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2012
    If your computer is running the Sims fine right now then unless you're running out of Hard drive space you shouldn't have to uninstall anything.

Funny enough, I just had this all explained to me yesterday by a computer savy gaming couple.
    I mentioned having to buy some RAM because I plan on buying Seasons Supernatural and Pets, but they explained to me that it would be pointless unless the Sims used more than 4 Gigs(what I currently have)
    They then went on to explain to me that essentially, the most important components of running a game smoothly is you processor and you graphics card and that adding more Eps shouldn't slow down the game it'll just take up more space on my computer.

• Options
    TlammyTlammy Posts: 208
    edited August 2012
    If i have to.. probably LN
  • Options
    HotBlackBabeHotBlackBabe Posts: 250
    edited August 2012
    None, i have 845gb ram free. so I'll be fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    orrasfairy wrote:
    If your computer is running the Sims fine right now then unless you're running out of Hard drive space you shouldn't have to uninstall anything.

Funny enough, I just had this all explained to me yesterday by a computer savy gaming couple.
    I mentioned having to buy some RAM because I plan on buying Seasons Supernatural and Pets, but they explained to me that it would be pointless unless the Sims used more than 4 Gigs(what I currently have)
    They then went on to explain to me that essentially, the most important components of running a game smoothly is you processor and you graphics card and that adding more Eps shouldn't slow down the game it'll just take up more space on my computer.
    Wow, thanks a bunch! This is really informative and helpful! I love learning more information form fellow simmers, especially since I'm not as tech savvy as I'd like to think ;)
  • Options
    xtinaxtina Posts: 413 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't think any but if it has to come down to it, WA since I don't travel. I would miss some of the build and buy objects though :( But for Seasons I think it's a very promising compromise :D So excited!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I know right, Season's is just like:
    ASDFGHJKL;HHFAHFINKSASJ I'LL GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY EA JUST LET ME HAVE ME SEASONS!!! AARRGH NOM NOM.

lol I just can't...
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited August 2012
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

I'd buy a new computer before doing that.

I wouldn't have bought them if I planned to uninstall them later. :shock:
  • Options
    msbren07msbren07 Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    Asterravos said it best: If anything I would just get rid of some of my CC, but if I just HAD to unistall one, it would be World Adventures. It was fun upon first download, but with all the other things my sims can do now, I don't have time to travel anymore! :lol:
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

this times 10 .. ill rather fix the problem then try uninstall eps.
  • Options
    msbren07msbren07 Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

Amen to that!! :!: 8) :!:
  • Options
    jackie2gwjackie2gw Posts: 38
    edited August 2012
    I only have sims WA,late night,generations,pets,hidden springs and townlife and my game runs fine, but if I had to pick I would uninstall WA.I wouldn't be able to not play without pets, thats my favourite pack! I think I have been very lucky with my game to be honest, the only problem I get is crashes sometimes, so I save a lot even when I'm not finished.But that's minor to me because I feel bad for some people who have been have so many serious problems.

But I am for sure getting seasons and supernatural.Those are the one's I really want.I have like 50 bucks saved for supernatural and luckily seasons is coming out 1 week before my birthday!
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm hoping it won't be necessary but World Adventures would have to go before anything else.
  • Options
    Sims33337Sims33337 Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2012
    WA if my computer doesn't work with seasons, if I need to uninstall 2, WA and Ambitions. 3, Screw u seasons, *glumly* Latenight
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited August 2012
    None. There's no way. If it came down to it I'd just buy more memory, its not that expensive.
  • Options
    Fallon_CarterFallon_Carter Posts: 347 New Member
    edited August 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

this times 10 .. ill rather fix the problem then try uninstall eps.

This ^^

If I bought an EP or SP I am sure as heck going to use it ;p I bought them to use them, not to let them rot! Especially considering most were gifts from my family, and they can be pricey.

My computer is pretty stable anyways, and I don't have Ambitions, WA, or Showtime. I don't think it'll be a problem for me, and if it is...well new computer for me!
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited August 2012
    If I had to remove anything from my PC to make more space for Seasons, trust me it would not be another EP or SP.

I'd probably remove Rome Total War (it's 2 EPs) and Napoleon Total War, they're my boyfriends games, but my PC my rules! :P
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited August 2012
    ya know i was ganna say none but if i had to it might be late night i can deal without bars since showtime has them but then again it might be showtime its kinda blah to me now it lost its sparkle within a few weeks
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited August 2012
    REMOVE an EP?

Never.

Same here, but i'm sure my desktop can handle it. But if not i have already warned my husband incase it needs upgrading. But it is only coming up to a year old and is a gaming PC so like i said i should be ok :D