Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BtVS CAS calling dawdee, last prize left to gift

Comments

• Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    You know I love this show as much as you do, I would love to be a judge and sponsor simpoints. :)

Btw, for anyone who wants to watch Season 3 for free, it is running on Hulu right now:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/61401#s-p5-so-i0

Cool, I will add another judge. The more the merrier. Thank you for sponsoring too. LOL, I am so glad to see all the love for that show.

Yay!!!! Thank you, my first contest judging...so excited!! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:

Soulsister!!! I did not think many others watched Dollhouse, I thought it was great and should have been given a fighting chance, but Fox NEVER gives Joss Whedon shows a chance! On the brightside, the cancellation gave him a chance to make one of the biggest superhero movies ever, The Avengers, you can so see the Buffy formula in that movie and that is what made it so great. :)

I am not too keen on superhero movies, y'all know how I felt about Batman. The Avengers was awesome. The Hulk punch was classic Joss. I love his mind...I sure do wish that Buffy reboot had him at the helm. I sort of hope it never happens.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
    I watched Dollhouse, I liked it. I LOVED Firefly, my 2nd favorite show of all time. I think Joss is a GENIUS!

Firefly is fantastic. I wouldn't mind another chance for that show too.

I did watch Dollhouse, and it deserved more promotion...I think it could have caught on, good idea for a show.
  • Options
    JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    I haven't seen Cabin in the Woods yet, but I really do...Chris Hemsworth...mmmmm yummy! ;)

Definitely! It's soooo good! It's scary and hilarious at the same time... totally not what I expected. I highly recommend it! And there are quite a few Joss-show alumni in it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    I too am not a True Blood or a Vampire Diaries fan. I loved all of Whedon's programs, including Firefly, Nathan Fillion, who can resist that smile. I love him as Castle as well. Charmed is also in my top 10. And of course, Supernatural, who can not love Sam and Dean Winchester. But Whedon shows are always top. If you can get through the first season of Angel, it really does smooth out and most episodes are hits, not so much misses. I wasn't that into it either at first, but I came around. Season 5 was the best in my opinion, I was sad when it ended.

Edit: oh and I loved Buffy/Spike much more than Buffy/Angel. Spike is my favorite character and I hate potterphyle had to miss him this summer. :(

Omg, it is like you have raided my dvr. I watch Castle (hot hot hot ending to the season and cannot wait to see how they progress this season). Supernatural, sigh, I love the guys and the car!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    wensimmie wrote:
    I must be the only one on here that likes True Blood. Though I admit it is just to see the character Eric Northman. I must have a thing for blonde vampires in leather who smirk and are cynical.

240px-Eric_Northman.jpg

He ain't too shabby.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:

Soulsister!!! I did not think many others watched Dollhouse, I thought it was great and should have been given a fighting chance, but Fox NEVER gives Joss Whedon shows a chance! On the brightside, the cancellation gave him a chance to make one of the biggest superhero movies ever, The Avengers, you can so see the Buffy formula in that movie and that is what made it so great. :)

I am not too keen on superhero movies, y'all know how I felt about Batman. The Avengers was awesome. The Hulk punch was classic Joss. I love his mind...I sure do wish that Buffy reboot had him at the helm. I sort of hope it never happens.

Last I read somewhere (about a year ago so I don't know what has happened since) they writer turned in the script and it was so bad they scrapped the whole remake idea. I hope they don't do it. Buffy can never be Buffy without Joss.

ETA: Eric Northman is also my boyfriend, and I'm watching Supernatural right now!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    I too am not a True Blood or a Vampire Diaries fan. I loved all of Whedon's programs, including Firefly, Nathan Fillion, who can resist that smile. I love him as Castle as well. Charmed is also in my top 10. And of course, Supernatural, who can not love Sam and Dean Winchester. But Whedon shows are always top. If you can get through the first season of Angel, it really does smooth out and most episodes are hits, not so much misses. I wasn't that into it either at first, but I came around. Season 5 was the best in my opinion, I was sad when it ended.

Edit: oh and I loved Buffy/Spike much more than Buffy/Angel. Spike is my favorite character and I hate potterphyle had to miss him this summer. :(

Ahhhhhh Supernatural (another droolfest!) Yeah S5 of Angel was very good, they almost lost me with S4 though... that may have been the worst season of any show ever. I don't think I would have liked Angel so much if I wasn't a Buffy addict?

Has anyone seen Cabin in the Woods?

Not yet, but dh has it in there. I should probably watch it.

EDIT-he doesn't have it yet, i misheard him when he went out.
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:

Me, too, Faith! We'll be rookie judges together. Not a lot of experience, but plenty of excitement! :D
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Not yet, but dh has it in there. I should probably watch it.

WATCH IT! :shock: lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    I haven't seen Cabin in the Woods yet, but I really do...Chris Hemsworth...mmmmm yummy! ;)

Definitely! It's soooo good! It's scary and hilarious at the same time... totally not what I expected. I highly recommend it! And there are quite a few Joss-show alumni in it.

Seriously?? What would PEPS for a dvd release be called? :P
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    LilyParker wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:

Me, too, Faith! We'll be rookie judges together. Not a lot of experience, but plenty of excitement! :D

Alright, deal! All hail the newbie judges!! :P
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:

LOL, We are soulsisters! ROFL
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:

Haha good question! I hear PMS (pre-movie syndrome) is taken.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:

It comes out in September. I just looked it up. Hubs collects horror dvds, so I know he will have it as soon as it's out.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited July 2012
    Not to get too OT, but I thought SN would be perfect for anyone who wanted to create True Blood (I too love Eric Northman, though the series is straying a bit for me, the books are not). I thought when I saw the first info about SN, was True Blood(well at least Sookie Stackhouse, if you've read the books all the characters are represented).I can't wait to play a fairy.

So can't wait to see the entries.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:

It comes out in September. I just looked it up. Hubs collects horror dvds, so I know he will have it as soon as it's out.

My dad does too. He is 70 and loves all of Whedon's stuff, plus he has a crush on Buffy. But I am sure he will have that movie on release day, it's kind of nice, I never have to buy a dvd, he usually gets them all. :)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    My dad does too. He is 70 and loves all of Whedon's stuff, plus he has a crush on Buffy. But I am sure he will have that movie on release day, it's kind of nice, I never have to buy a dvd, he usually gets them all. :)

That is how it is here too. My parents get romance comedies, hubs gets horror and superhero stuff. My only purchases are fantasy stuff, like HP, LOTR, and Buffy.
  • Options
    wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited July 2012
    In the vein of loving Whedon and Nathan Fillion, we would be remiss not to mention "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"

drhorrible.jpg

(which is off topic of Buffy and SPIKE)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:

Haha good question! I hear PMS (pre-movie syndrome) is taken.

Bear.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Supernatural is on my "to-be-watched-someday" list. My mom absolutely loves it. Hubby has seen most of it and loves it, but due to work - I've missed it.

Now, I'll add Cabin in the Woods to that list.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    wensimmie wrote:
    In the vein of loving Whedon and Nathan Fillion, we would be remiss not to mention "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"

Another fantastic movie!

ETA: OMG please watch Supernatural. It so good and really funny. I promise you'll love it!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    wensimmie wrote:

drhorrible.jpg

This was awesome, it was on netflix live stream, not sure if it still is. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

PS--Nathan Fillion hinted they are going to film a sequel to this at comic con this year...I will look for the interview and post a linky.

video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2YcYcP4fgI

article
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2012-joss-whedon-dr-horrible-cw-felicia-day-nathan-fillion-neil-patrick-harris-349206

DANG--not a new one. I thought he said a new one to be aired in the fall. This is the first one they are talking about, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    As a person who has a wee bit of influence on what DVDs we purchase for the library, my library may be a bit Whedon heavy.

So...if you can't find it on Netflix or your local DVD rental place, see if your local library has Dr. Horrible for check out. Ours does :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well if any of your judges are taken out by an army of Turok-Han (just sayin :wink: ) and you need another, please keep me in mind. This thread is so fun, I fully plan on stalking it and commentating. I can't wait to see the entries! I've wanted a Buffy cast in my game forever, but I could never make them well enough. I'm very excited to kidnap the entries for my own use. :twisted: