Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 game won't let me put in any other Sims 3 game disk than Master Suites stuff pack!!!!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Maarten2706Maarten2706 Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't find my sims 3 EP on my Origin help me plzz!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    j1nusj1nus Posts: 4 New Member
    i downloaded sims 3 and bought a sims 3 university life disc but after installing and was about to play,it told me to insert sims 3 university life disc when i alr did.what should i do?like i alr bought it but it cant read
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited September 2015
    j1nus wrote: »
    i downloaded sims 3 and bought a sims 3 university life disc but after installing and was about to play,it told me to insert sims 3 university life disc when i alr did.what should i do?like i alr bought it but it cant read

University comes after the base Sims 3 game, and adds onto it, so that's why it wants to use that disk. If you don't want to use a disk at all, uninstall the disk copy and download the digital copy from Origin. Once you have a copy (whether disk or digital) it will pop up in your "My Games" on Origin and you are able to download it for free. You can also have it on up to 5 computers at the same time if you so desire.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    i know i alr bought the game,i just dont get why the disc isnt working when i alr bought it
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So the University disk is still in the drive but it won't play it, it still tells you to put in the disk?
  • Options
    yes yes thats it,it wont play
  • Options
    Hmm. And it's specifically asking for the University disk? That's so odd. Could be a hardware problem, although I would think it wouldn't even have installed if that were the case. My suggestion would be to either uninstall and reinstall or uninstall and then go download the digital copy from your Origin launcher and install that one.
  • Options
    but i'll have to pay if i want to install
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    j1nus wrote: »
    but i'll have to pay if i want to install

You won't have to as long as your game is registered, which it should have been automatically if you already have Origin. You said you downloaded Sims 3 base game, so I'm assuming you do. Once your games are registered, they automatically appear in "My Games" in the Origin launcher and you can download and install them for free. You just have to uninstall the disk version first. You can download and install the game as many times as you like once you own it, on up to 5 computers at the same time.
    With Sims 2 there was a download limit of 5 total and people complained until they changed it.