Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 game won't let me put in any other Sims 3 game disk than Master Suites stuff pack!!!!

Hey people, i've had this issue with my Sims 3 game: it wont let me put my Late NIght Disk into my computer. Like when i put the Late Night disk in my computer, then try to play the game, it says there's a disk malfuncion, and to please insert the Sims 3 Master Suites Stuff game disk. :evil: I wanna know how to fix this issue!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited July 2012
    The lastest game release disc is always the one you have to use. You will still be playing with all your Late Night content and saved games.
  • Options
    DjemeiDjemei Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I have the same problem with the Master suites stuff pack. I've heard that stuff packs aren't suppost to be the disc you play with, that it's suppost to be the latest expansion you've installed (for me, it should be Pets but it wants Master suites).
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited August 2012
    It's the latest installed game, in the order of the installation NOT the order that the EP/SPs are released.

So it'll ask for Master Suite's disc even if you have Pets installed if you installed Master Suite's last.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    It's the latest installed game, in the order of the installation NOT the order that the EP/SPs are released.

So it'll ask for Master Suite's disc even if you have Pets installed if you installed Master Suite's last.

Actually, I installed Pets before Generations or Ambitions, and I still had to use pets. Maybe it's different with SPs
  • Options
    AngieraeAngierae Posts: 149 New Member
    edited October 2012
    It's latest released, not latest installed. I bought Master Suite last night but I'm still using my Pets disc.
  • Options
    awesomekay123awesomekay123 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I am having the same problem. I recently bought late night and it wont let me play it. I click play in the launcher and it says to insert my sims 3 pets game, so i have spent my money and it wont even let me play the game
  • Options
    JadehbooJadehboo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I am having the same problem. I recently bought late night and it wont let me play it. I click play in the launcher and it says to insert my sims 3 pets game, so i have spent my money and it wont even let me play the game

You haven't wasted your money at all! The only problem is you're putting the Late Night disk in the launcher when you should actually be putting in the Pets disk. The way that Expansion packs work is latest released not latest installed, as Angierae mentioned. So, for example; Late Night was the third expansion pack released, however Pets is the fifth expansion paack released, making it the latest released out of all the expansion packs which you have. Hope this helped :)
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2013

You are playing with it if you installed it..the disk it runs off doesnt matter as long as you have the pack installed
  • Options
    tlorehandtlorehand Posts: 12 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I had the same question about the stuff packs disk and the Seasons disk. But If I'm understanding this correctly, it doesn't matter....okay so it doesn't matter that if I installed the 70's 80's and 90's stuff pack first then installed Seasons. But it still asks for the stuff packs disk.

I guess it wasn't how I installed it..as long as the game works, reeeeeaaaally slow, but it works. (almost takes nearly 5 minutes to load, sometimes timing out and stops responding, kind of annoying)But it works after a while.
  • Options
    xXJodie123XxxXJodie123Xx Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Jadehboo wrote:

You haven't wasted your money at all! The only problem is you're putting the Late Night disk in the launcher when you should actually be putting in the Pets disk. The way that Expansion packs work is latest released not latest installed, as Angierae mentioned. So, for example; Late Night was the third expansion pack released, however Pets is the fifth expansion pack released, making it the latest released out of all the expansion packs which you have. Hope this helped :)

My Latenight expansion pack does the same thing. I just got it last night and it tells me to insert The Sims 3 Seasons, so basically what you are saying is that you insert the disc, after that installs take it out, then it is applied to the newest expansion pack that you have? :?: :?:
  • Options
    vampiregirl1210vampiregirl1210 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    i have some what the same problem it wont let me create a sim it like takes all night and day
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :XD: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    wally2348wally2348 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Can someone please help me! I just got sims 3 university life and i installed it on my pc. It works fine on my pc. But then i tried to play it off origin on my mac book air and the launcher comes up but when i press play the sims 3 screen comes up but then the sims stops playing and i dont know WHY!!!! PLEASE HELP MEEE! The graffics on my pc are really bad and i want to play it on my mac. I dont know how to uninstall... I really need some help please! :( :!:
  • Options
    wally2348wally2348 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Also it always says software update everytime i go on it on my mac book air
  • Options
    samanthakmannsamanthakmann Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Jadehboo wrote:

You haven't wasted your money at all! The only problem is you're putting the Late Night disk in the launcher when you should actually be putting in the Pets disk. The way that Expansion packs work is latest released not latest installed, as Angierae mentioned. So, for example; Late Night was the third expansion pack released, however Pets is the fifth expansion paack released, making it the latest released out of all the expansion packs which you have. Hope this helped :)

I'm having a similar problem with my games. I recently purchased University, then Seasons, then Generations. I went to play the Seasons game but it asked me to insert my University disk, so to avoid this I just uninstalled University. However now I've installed Generations it's asking me the same thing after re-installing University. I can understand what you're saying if you run off the most recent game, but then how do you choose what game you actually play. All three game plays are different, especially University is a drastic difference. So if you're wanting to play Seasons but are one the University disk, surely that it's possible? As you can't choose in game... Please help someone
  • Options
    sofa108sofa108 Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Djemei wrote:
    I have the same problem with the Master suites stuff pack. I've heard that stuff packs aren't suppost to be the disc you play with, that it's suppost to be the latest expansion you've installed (for me, it should be Pets but it wants Master suites).

Are you stilla able to play with Pets?
  • Options
    SemezSemez Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Can someone please give me a solution to this problem I'm having? I've tried re-installing the expansions and re-installing The Sims 3. Everything is also up to date! Help please!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jadehboo wrote:

I'm having a similar problem with my games. I recently purchased University, then Seasons, then Generations. I went to play the Seasons game but it asked me to insert my University disk, so to avoid this I just uninstalled University. However now I've installed Generations it's asking me the same thing after re-installing University. I can understand what you're saying if you run off the most recent game, but then how do you choose what game you actually play. All three game plays are different, especially University is a drastic difference. So if you're wanting to play Seasons but are one the University disk, surely that it's possible? As you can't choose in game... Please help someone

Basically, you put the newest released disc into your computer, so in your case you want to play seasons, but it is saying to insert university, university is the newest released, so you have to insert university. Even with university inserted you can still play all of the other expansions as they have already been installed.
  • Options
    CMPunkchikof2009CMPunkchikof2009 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Hey, I've had this issue with my Sims 3 game: it wont let me put my Late NIght Disk into my computer. Like when i put the Late Night disk in my computer, then try to play the game, it says there's a disk malfunction, and to please insert the Sims 3 17,80 and 90 game disk. :evil: I wanna know how to fix this issue!!!!!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe the game has been out for over 4 years and people still have this problem. Whatever the latest EP or SP released is that you own, is the one you have to launch from. Playing with that disk does not make the other stuff disappear, it's still installed and is still there. Sims 2 was the same way.

If you aren't sure, look the games up on wikipedia, it has a full list of the order they were released in.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @lisamwitt Finally someone who understands aha! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2013
    Samanthakmann, you don't need to uninstall any game. When you go play it all the objects are there. It's like with seasons and generations; they down't come with any new worlds but university comes with a sub-neighbourhood. So you just play the game which has been released most recently. In you case play university life and you will still get all the objects. You don't play a specific game with all the stuff from that game and the sims base game, frankly what your doing is a waste of time.
  • Options
    figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2013
    Smanthakmann you don't need to uninstall any games. You play them all at once with one disk but the games furniture, family's and worlds.
  • Options
    MEX09205932MV3MEX09205932MV3 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    mine does a similar thing i have just brought the university and supernatural expansion pack and they both appear on my desk top however i cannot find a folder for them on my computer and have taken my laptop into the shop to have someone sort it out, when i got it back i tried to play the game however it said that here i have to insert the sims 3 disk as there was no disk in the drive when i had the sims 3 university disk in there so i swapped it round and tried the supernatural disk it said that same thing so i tried to uninstall it and try again however it did not work as there is no folder for the sims on my computer which is unsual.

i am very disappointing that these do not work as i have wasted my money, and now my old expansion pack like sims 3 pets will not work, also what dod you do if you lose the booklet with the game code on will you still be able to instal it somehow or will i have to by another disk?
  • Options
    NanathelovelyNanathelovely Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I had the same problem I installed supernatural and it kept saying please insert seasons so I did that I just had supernatural with seasons,so whatever u installed first is gonna connect to master suites :D
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can not believe what I just read. :shock: