Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• Options
    TekLoganTekLogan Posts: 840 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Jurik, you have some creative lots :D
  • Options
    heartshapedbox13heartshapedbox13 Posts: 54
    edited July 2012
    Hello! I'm heartshapedbox13, I've been playing the game for about a year now, but I only recently set up my online profile. I'm starting to get involved on the forums and always appreciate friend requests, so feel free to add me.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited July 2012
    Marystarbright - thank you so much for the gifts. You are to generous. What a nice day brightener.

:P You're Welcome :P
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    Welcome, welcome, welcome.

And Stickers, you could blow me over with a feather right now! You're a she? I really did think you were a man, not very old, that liked to build houses. :oops: my bad!!

You are not the first and you won't be the last! I had a thread about why the male avi a while back. Sometimes when I don't know how to do something well (like make a simself!) I can be a massive procrastinator. I supposse I could just upload a non simself but female avi to stop all the confusion. In fact, I pledge to do just that this weekend. Watch this space.
  • Options
    301001301001 Posts: 2,297 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh, this looks like a nice thread :D

*stands up, awkwardly clears throat*

Okay, my name is 301001 (but it isn't really my name..) I'm kind of new here, I started actually doing something with my account in October around Halloween. Then I got more involved in the community by joining nedswifes pattern comp..Then I found some 'themed' season thread and some fabulous people to tell me/ teach me how to do all the cool stuff..and that's pretty much it..I've recently (well, not very recently) joined some magazines and another Sims 3 forum.I like to read (manga, books, etc. (but not the dictionary..I tried that, along with Jane Austen...) and that's probably what I'm doing when not playing Sims :D ... and I think it's time to stop talking about myself now :mrgreen: Happy Simming everyone!

Edit:
    Things you should/might know:

I'm female, I live in Canada and...that's it :D
  • Options
    dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2012
    Okay, anyone know how you can keep track of items you gifted (and to whom?)...you know so if you want to keep it random, or keep a theme going or whatever. (and no, I don't ever expect anything back). I like random gifting, because someone did it to me when I didn't even have a single friend and had just signed up. It made my week! So I'm hoping to return the favour, and hoping to spread a little cheer around.

BTW, I have a degree in Biology and one in Chemistry (BS in both)...so I guess you could say I'm a true nerd. I'm not using anything at the moment because illness has kept me out of the game (and hence why sims allows for such a great escape)...

And though like I said before, I played Sim City, my favourite back then was CesarII (if any of you are old enough or nerdy enough to remember). I can't wait to get to know you all more!

Hi becomingjenn, excellent question, I was wondering the same thing myself.

I would also like to thank you for the wonderful shoes! You totally made my Monday! :D
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    Welcome, welcome, welcome.

And Stickers, you could blow me over with a feather right now! You're a she? I really did think you were a man, not very old, that liked to build houses. :oops: my bad!!

You are not the first and you won't be the last! I had a thread about why the male avi a while back. Sometimes when I don't know how to do something well (like make a simself!) I can be a massive procrastinator. I supposse I could just upload a non simself but female avi to stop all the confusion. In fact, I pledge to do just that this weekend. Watch this space.

:P A warning if you change your Avi you will not be able to wear the feature badge anymore. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I just found out that my old collegue who I used to work with husband has just died in an unfortunate way :( She has a kid of 5 as well, my heart goes out to her. It's just a terrible shock.

(Sorry this was un-sim related)

And look at everyone with their degrees aha, I need to get studying!

Ahhh, this is very sad. My prayers are with her and her child.
  • Options
    301001301001 Posts: 2,297 Member
    edited July 2012
    dhay773 wrote:
    Okay, anyone know how you can keep track of items you gifted (and to whom?)...you know so if you want to keep it random, or keep a theme going or whatever. (and no, I don't ever expect anything back). I like random gifting, because someone did it to me when I didn't even have a single friend and had just signed up. It made my week! So I'm hoping to return the favour, and hoping to spread a little cheer around.

BTW, I have a degree in Biology and one in Chemistry (BS in both)...so I guess you could say I'm a true nerd. I'm not using anything at the moment because illness has kept me out of the game (and hence why sims allows for such a great escape)...

And though like I said before, I played Sim City, my favourite back then was CesarII (if any of you are old enough or nerdy enough to remember). I can't wait to get to know you all more!

I would also like to thank you for the wonderful shoes! You totally made my Monday! :D

Ah, you can go into "Purchase History" in your "my account" to find out that, you can also go in there to download stuff that you've bought/been given from the Store.
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2012
    dhay773 wrote:
    I just found out that my old collegue who I used to work with husband has just died in an unfortunate way :( She has a kid of 5 as well, my heart goes out to her. It's just a terrible shock.

(Sorry this was un-sim related)

And look at everyone with their degrees aha, I need to get studying!

Ahhh, this is very sad. My prayers are with her and her child.

:( I just hope she can manage alright. She only works part time and because of the way he died I don't think they can claim any life insurance either. I just hope she can still keep her house and support her child. My thoughts are with her too. I'm sure her family will support her in any way that they can.

Anyway, sorry to bring a downer on the thread everyone it was just a shock to me and I guess I needed to post it. I won't go on about it. ^-^

Welcome all newcomers!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    301001 wrote:
    dhay773 wrote:

Ah, you can go into "Purchase History" in your "my account" to find out that, you can also go in there to download stuff that you've bought/been given from the Store.

Thank you 301001. :D This is what I love about this forum, the incredibly helpful simmers!
  • Options
    KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited July 2012
    You're welcome! :) Thanks and I'm glad you're having a good one as well.

Thank you Kurisuti for the gift and the advice...it helps. I hope you have a great Monday, mine seems to be getting of to a great start. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited July 2012
    dhay773 wrote:

Your purchase history (store/account/purchase history) has a record of every store item you've bought/gifted/or been gifted.
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited July 2012
    I love this topic, I really wish that the gurus would sticky it. it would be so helpful to new members if they always saw it up on the front page.
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, i just signed up today and i think this game is awesome. Thank you for creating this forum.

Welcome to GG, Kitten!!!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    KrysstiaKrysstia Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2012
    So much to catch up on since yesterday!

WalkingStick - I thought you were a man also!

Doodlebug - That's a great hang-out, I love it!

Dani - I also feel really intimidated by all the great talent here, but I am going to enter my first contest soon. I hope I will get some great critiques on my work that way, also. I am nervous about it, still.

Lyndz - So sorry to hear about your friend's hubby. My heart goes out to her. As for your interview, good luck, and I'll send good thoughts your way on Wednesday! For the annoying "greatest weakness" question, always turn this into a positive. Say something like "I am too detail oriented" or "I am a perfectionist" something that makes it good for the employer. Also, if they ask you at the end of the interview "Is there anything you'd like to ask", use that as your opportunity to sell yourself. Tell them how much you want their job and why you're perfect for it.

So my name (Krysstia) is a character name I made up to use in an RPG. How did everyone come up with their name?
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Krysstia! Yes, it's going to be a very hectic week for me :lol: I have the hospital tomorrow too (not anything too serious don't worry!) and then the next day as you know the interview. I just hope I don't get anymore bad news.

Erm... I came up with my name on another sims site (back in the day of sims 2, I was on scribblers abode. It's a shame how deserted it has become these days as in it's prime it was such a lovely place!) I used to be eeyorelova2007x or something long winded like that. But then I would always set my status to "invisible" so I changed my name to InvisibleLyndz (as my name is Lyndsey) and that's just what it's been ever since :lol:
  • Options
    AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    edited July 2012
    Krysstia wrote:
    So my name (Krysstia) is a character name I made up to use in an RPG. How did everyone come up with their name?

Ha that's funny I picked my name the same way but I started writing her story before I started actually RPing with her. I don't write much anymore but I still doodle her and her love a lot and make simmies of them. Did you just come up with Krysstia or is there a background/origins behind it? It is a really pretty name.
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited July 2012
    I have a degree in H.S.

For those of you who don't know, that is not Health Services or Human Services.

It is a degree in Harassing Someone.

It is a hard-earned degree; one which I worked hard to achieve. It took me many more years than it took all of you to get your Associates, BA's and MA's. As many years as this took me to earn, it should be a proper Ph.D. I could definitely teach this.

My official certificate is framed and hanging on the wall of my imagination.

:D
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited July 2012
    Krysstia wrote:
    So much to catch up on since yesterday!

Can't live without Faith and Hope. "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13. Love is the greatest, but you've also got to have Faith and Hope to get through each day.

When I created my first Sim, I named her Faith because my faith is so important to me. In trying to come up with a suitable surname, the AndHope just came to me. When I joined these forums, it seemed the right name to have. :)
  • Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I'm read, I'm not too new, but I'm kinda new :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChristGirl201ChristGirl201 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited July 2012
    New to this forum, usually a lurker in GD. Thanks for making this thread and helping us newbies feel more welcome to this great community :mrgreen:

Created my name from: being a Christian, female, and added some numbers.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi Krysstia. Good luck on the contest! I almost joined one to build a ranch house, but it turns out I can't actually make a decent ranch house. :lol:

I am now looking up and reading/watching all tutorials out there, if anyone has a link to one of these that they find especially helpful, I would love to have it!

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mine's not very original: just my first name and my middle name. :D
  • Options
    KrysstiaKrysstia Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2012
    Amaira wrote:

Ha that's funny I picked my name the same way but I started writing her story before I started actually RPing with her. I don't write much anymore but I still doodle her and her love a lot and make simmies of them. Did you just come up with Krysstia or is there a background/origins behind it? It is a really pretty name.

So when I was young, (yes, that was in the dark ages) I used to baby-sit a lot. There was one girl I used to sit for and her name was Crista. I thought that was really pretty, so I modified it a bit and it turned into Krysstia. Pretty sure it's fairly original :)

(I think I figured out how to quote, I'm such a forum newbie)