Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2012
    Has anyone attempted this?

I get stuck right around step 13 - and as I'm typing this, I think I figured it out - :roll:

Well, here's a fun tutorial to enjoy! :lol:
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited July 2012
    Wow aricari, that looks awesome...did you do that? To all the buidlers, you all have a tallent. I'm not that great at it...I DO like to take EA homes and make them something I can live with. (ie, my sims live in the Bling Bling house, but most everything but the walls had to be changed...doors, floors, even a bit of the kitchen set up...

Today is not such a good day for me...my crohn's is being super bad (so it's back to clear liquids again)...ohhjuliet helped(she sent me a great voodoo doll that I wanted for a long time), but still wishing I could wake up tomorrow and have it gone...so tired of it...days like today make me wonder what I did to deserve this...okay, enough of the self pity..

Have a good day all...
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:

I get stuck right around step 13 - and as I'm typing this, I think I figured it out - :roll:

BEST.FRICKING.TUTORIAL.EVER! :shock:

I'm a visual learner so I depend on pictures (that business degree is going to go to waste forever)!

Thank you for this link, I am now going through all the tutorials.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Wow aricari, that looks awesome...did you do that?

I didn't make the tutorial, but I'm attempting to build a starter for a competition with a raised living area ( I did a sunken one in a different competition). If I can get it figured out, I'll post it here.

Back to square one for me! :roll:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    aricarai wrote:

Thank you for this link, I am not going through all the tutorials.

I've been a crazed tutorial woman for the past week. It's all these competitions, haha!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    :oops: Double post!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:
    Wow aricari, that looks awesome...did you do that?

I didn't make the tutorial, but I'm attempting to build a starter for a competition with a raised living area ( I did a sunken one in a different competition). If I can get it figured out, I'll post it here.

Back to square one for me! :roll:

What I would do is build the first floor first (walls and flooring) then delete the walls and floors by sections and lower the terrain, add the stairs and then the walls again. Then level the terrain. That should give you a visual of where things should be placed without too much guesswork.
  • Options
    301001301001 Posts: 2,297 Member
    edited July 2012
    The picture exchange tool really does make a difference. It drastically changed my download numbers when I started using it.

Same thing here :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll give it a go!

I think I need to reconfigure my floor plan. I had something in mind and I don't think it's going to go my way. The trouble with this house is that is for a competition for a starter house, so I need to keep the cost under 16.5k.

I tried a tutorial where you used the roof for walls and still I couldn't keep in the price guidelines.

Starters are really hard to build! Sheesh!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:
    I'll give it a go!

I think I need to reconfigure my floor plan. I had something in mind and I don't think it's going to go my way. The trouble with this house is that is for a competition for a starter house, so I need to keep the cost under 16.5k.

I tried a tutorial where you used the roof for walls and still I couldn't keep in the price guidelines.

Use the cheapest of everything and then just recolor. Have a sim live there for a while to depreciate the value and make sure you build it on the poor side of town, so the lot is a low value.
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:
    I'll give it a go!

I like starters! They make you get creative! I need to go work on a couple moderns and a Queen Anne. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:

I have. It was a headache to get it all figured out too! I tried it once and said not again if I have to. I also tried her tutorial for using the foundation to create a walkout basement. :-)
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited July 2012
    This was a wonderful idea Blythe!
  • Options
    KokueiKokuei Posts: 459 Member
    edited July 2012
    What a good idea and a lovely thread, this should definitely be stickied :)

I'll join in too *pulls up a chair* Hello, my is Kokuei and as well as playing the Sims I like to play RPGs, Magic, drawing and other random things like snowboarding, motorbiking and scaling walls.

I hope everyone is having fun in the Gift Gathering, new faces as well as old :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:
    I'll give it a go!

I like starters! They make you get creative! I need to go work on a couple moderns and a Queen Anne. :D

Right behind you on the Queen Anne - that's going to be a big challenge for me! Well at least there is no budget! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    I'll give it a go!

Use the cheapest of everything and then just recolor. Have a sim live there for a while to depreciate the value and make sure you build it on the poor side of town, so the lot is a low value.

Great ideas - I think my lot is too big right now! I'll downsize and find somewhere cheap.

I think I've got the tutorial under wraps now :)
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2012
    How is everyone? :D
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Doing pretty good today :) Diesel released so I have been busy planning new outfits for my simmies. My males all have at least 3 everyday outfits to change into - they were so lacking in good looking clothing until now!

I am going to have to wait for a while before I use any furniture, I am not ready to redecorate yet and I have a request in for a new house for LP so will probably wait for that before I do.
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2012
    Sounds great! I guess it's worth buying then? :wink:

I may have to get it at some point, could always do with more outfits for the males.

My interview is tomorrow so I'm feeling the nerves :lol: just trying to do some last minute research... but I keep finding myself on here
  • Options
    dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:

These are good tips, I would not have thought of having a sim live there to bring down the value. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sounds great! I guess it's worth buying then? :wink:

I may have to get it at some point, could always do with more outfits for the males.

My interview is tomorrow so I'm feeling the nerves :lol: just trying to do some last minute research... but I keep finding myself on here

For me it was, because I have been wanting some really trendy stuff for my male sims for some time. The jeans are great and the detail is absolutely the best I have seen from the SP team when it comes with clothing. I also liked that many of the t-shirt that came with stencils or words also come with a shirt that is blank too, which is a nice feature.

This SP is mainly about clothing and the female stuff is great too. They have a bit of furniture, done really well, in the Diesel line but if your looking mainly for kids clothing or hairstyles, there are not any. No hair makes sense, Diesel does not have a 'hair' brand but I am not sure why they did not do any of the kids line of clothing except perhaps Diesel was more interested in show casing their adult lines, or there was so much to be done for adults there was no room for kids - not sure.
  • Options
    dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    For me it was, because I have been wanting some really trendy stuff for my male sims for some time. The jeans are great and the detail is absolutely the best I have seen from the SP team when it comes with clothing. I also liked that many of the t-shirt that came with stencils or words also come with a shirt that is blank too, which is a nice feature.

This SP is mainly about clothing and the female stuff is great too. They have a bit of furniture, done really well, in the Diesel line but if your looking mainly for kids clothing or hairstyles, there are not any. No hair makes sense, Diesel does not have a 'hair' brand but I am not sure why they did not do any of the kids line of clothing except perhaps Diesel was more interested in show casing their adult lines, or there was so much to be done for adults there was no room for kids - not sure.

I think you may have just talked me into getting this! :? I was really hoping they would include the Diesel kitchen or kids clothes, but my male sims really need some trendy jeans and shirts. Thanks for the review stormwench. :-)
  • Options
    MyDoodlebugMyDoodlebug Posts: 164 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello everyone, Just popping in for a break. I can not play today, I can not play today. I have to keep telling myselft that. I procrastinated on my 10 page paper and now it is due tomorrow evening at 5pm and I am only on page four. Why? oh! Why? did I think I wanted to go back to school for my master's degree. I hate writing papers. Hate it, I say.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Just think ... when you go for your phD the number of papers you did for your master's degree will seem to be a small amount :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    Doing pretty good today :) Diesel released so I have been busy planning new outfits for my simmies. My males all have at least 3 everyday outfits to change into - they were so lacking in good looking clothing until now!

I am going to have to wait for a while before I use any furniture, I am not ready to redecorate yet and I have a request in for a new house for LP so will probably wait for that before I do.

I really like the Diesel Stuff Pack. I got it yesterday early since I ordered through Origin , I guess is the reason. It does have some better looking Male clothing.