Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simpoint Bundles Mystery Bags - Possible Pattern... think we've got it figured out ;)

Comments

• Options
    2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi, I just figure I'll give this ever-helpful thread a bump. :D

I just covered the 1000 point bundles. I got them in this order:
    - Bruno d'Infanto - Honor Vengeance Edition (teddy bear dressed as a knight)
    - Ovalisque Dining Chair (marble dining chair with red and gold)
    - Libri Fo Libri Marble Bookcase
    - The Sword in the Chair (stone chair with sword cut out)
    - Warehouse Crate (end table)
    - Fortress of Shared Dreams (stone double bed with blue flags)
    - The Unabominable Krustallos of Seljaq-********* (freestanding gothic mirror)

I also just started on the 2040 point bundle and I got this:
    - Barrelcraft Food Table

This confirms that the new items are thrown in randomly with the old, which means that the unknown items should also show up on that random chance. I'll keep you posted. :D
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've got some new info from the German Forum.

Our store community manager said that the Katy Perry items are now thrown in the normal mystery bag itmes.

Can anyone confirm/deny that ? Meaning did you get KP items with any of the bundles ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2012
    crinrict wrote:

Our store community manager said that the Katy Perry items are now thrown in the normal mystery bag itmes.

Can anyone confirm/deny that ? Meaning did you get KP items with any of the bundles ?

I cannot confirm, but if its true then good! we shouldn't have to pay extra for her crap
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    and thank you 2Mahawk :)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    crinrict wrote:

So, does this mean that if I buy the KP bundle now, I might get one of the "cheaper" items instead? I can't skip her stuff? I can't see how this is a good thing. Unless you don't mind getting them.
    The rug and the table look versatile enough though, so I wouldn't be too bummed. But the mirror can only go with the rest of her stuff.
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just bought the 10,600 bundle and got a badge, so must mean that the other bed and sofa and love seat must be in the highest bundle.

edit, bought the 24,360 bundle and got the red single bed
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just bought the 10,600 bundle and got a badge, so must mean that the other bed and sofa and love seat must be in the highest bundle.

edit, bought the 24,360 bundle and got the red single bed

that's the single wiccenculta bed, thanks :)

@2Mahawk: I think crinrict meant that the KP items may be combined with the other bundle items and I think that's a good thing as we won't have to pay extra (sacrifice the bonus points) to get the KP items

• Options
    edited August 2012
    @2Mahawk: I think crinrict meant that the KP items may be combined with the other bundle items and I think that's a good thing as we won't have to pay extra (sacrifice the bonus points) to get the KP items
    That'd be great for me and anyone who hasn't bought them yet, but wouldn't that be unfair to the ones who bought the KP bundles before?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    2Mahawk wrote:
    That'd be great for me and anyone who hasn't bought them yet, but wouldn't that be unfair to the ones who bought the KP bundles before?

I guess so but then again I purchased the Mid-century set on sale for 1120SP once then a couple of weeks later it was on the DD at 90% off! The first simpoint bundle I ever bought was a 1000SP bundle that came with the fairy statue, and not that long ago that fairy statue was given out for free. What about the tiki and jet set teen sets which were given out for free and so many others paid for them?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Just bought the largest bundle and got the sofa 'Unmercifal Davenport of the Destroyer with Gold Accents' what a mouthful lol
    thumbnail128x128.png

oops my apologies its classed as a loveseat

loveseatMilitary
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thanks Msred :) its funny that in the US they call 2-seater couches loveseats, my dad saw me looking at downloads for sims and he saw the word 'loveseat' and thought 'huh?' then I had to explain that its what they call them in the US

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I guess so but then again I purchased the Mid-century set on sale for 1120SP once then a couple of weeks later it was on the DD at 90% off! The first simpoint bundle I ever bought was a 1000SP bundle that came with the fairy statue, and not that long ago that fairy statue was given out for free. What about the tiki and jet set teen sets which were given out for free and so many others paid for them?
    Oh well, then. :?
    At least with this thread we're helping each other avoid unfair deals involving mystery bags. :)
    Oh yeah, I just remembered. I got another 2040 point bundle and got the Battle Hymn Low Table.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    2Mahawk wrote:
    Oh well, then. :?
    At least with this thread we're helping each other avoid unfair deals involving mystery bags. :)
    Oh yeah, I just remembered. I got another 2040 point bundle and got the Battle Hymn Low Table.

exactly :)

and thanks for the input, its nice to see that the pattern works

• Options
    edited August 2012
    thumbnail64x64.png
    Got the highest bundle and got the Sofa
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope that's not true about the KP stuff - if I buy a bundle and get that instead of the medieval items, I'm going to be really bummed out!
  • Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I've bought two of the 5k bundles lately and the first time I got the battle hymn table and the second time I got the horse statue. I didn't read through the entire thread but wanted to add that to the list. Before that I bought the $20 EA cards but it didn't equal a bundle because I have to pay tax (very confusing) so I don't think I got anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Msred - thanks again hun

@AJ - cash cards don't get you bonuses unfortunately

• Options
    edited August 2012
    thumbnail64x64.png

thank you, and what's it called?

• Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks so much for posting these! However, I would like to point out that I don't think it's fair that they added more stuff in the higher-priced bags. I mean, yeah, it makes sense, but come on, we're not all made of money here...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I wish that all the items were placed in the cheap bundle, that way those of us who can't afford to get the big bundles can still collect the items. The simmers that do purchase the big bundles, purchase them because of the bonus simpoints and so for them its much better value

• Options
    edited August 2012
    thumbnail64x64.png

the launcher calls it SofaMilitary "Unyielding" Sofa with Laconia Design
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thumbnail64x64.png

the launcher calls it SofaMilitary "Unyielding" Sofa with Laconia Design

that's good enough, at least we have something to call it :) thanks again

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I have an update. I bought 4 more of the 2040 point bundles and I got these in the following order:

- Bar & Bolt Meal Chair
    - In Room Dining Chair (from 'Endless Honeymoon set' featured in TS2 Bon Voyage EP)
    - Peguestrian Springstone Statue (horse statue)
    - 2 Mystery Bag Badges :(

I have an interesting story about the last 3 items.
    Last night I tried to finish the 2040 point bundles. However, by the time I got to the Paypal page, the internet had gotten sluggish, and I didn't want to risk having a glitch with my account, so I cancelled my purchase. When I got back to the Sims 3 store, I got a notification that I received the horse statue. I thought, "cool! A free mystery bag gift!"
    This morning once I saw that the internet was pretty good, I decided to go after the banquet fan. So I went and purchased another bundle. Instead, I got a badge. I thought, "Oh, I see. This must be about getting that free gift last night. Oh well. Next time it'll count." So I went and bought another bundle. Again, I got the badge. :shock:
    I guess this means that the fan was either discontinued, moved to another bundle, or there's a mistake in your list. I think we'll have to review how it was received and see what it is.
  • Options
    sims96fansims96fan Posts: 203
    edited August 2012
    I bought 4 more of the 2040 point bundles and I got these in the following order:

You do realize you're paying 610 simpoints per mystery bag item by getting 4 $20 bundles with 2,040 simpoints each instead of 1 $80 bundle with 10,600 simpoints, right? :shock:

Just food for thought. I know the mystery bag items are only obtainable here, but if you think sets are expensive, these are even more expensive EACH than any premium content item.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sims96fan wrote:
    I bought 4 more of the 2040 point bundles and I got these in the following order:

You do realize you're paying 610 simpoints per mystery bag item by getting 4 $20 bundles with 2,040 simpoints each instead of 1 $80 bundle with 10,600 simpoints, right? :shock:

Just food for thought. I know the mystery bag items are only obtainable here, but if you think sets are expensive, these are even more expensive EACH than any premium content item.
    I appreciate your concern, but it really depends on what you want to do.

If you want to get all the mystery bag items while spending the least amount of money possible, you must collect all the ones that can be randomly found in the 1000 point bundle first. After that, then you can move on to the 2040 point bundles, and so on.

If I were to go straight to the 10,600 point bundles now, I may randomly get an item that can be found in the 10,600 bundle, but then again, I may instead get an item that can be found in a 5000 point bundle. Suppose I do buy a 10,600 point bundle and get a mystery bag item that can be found in the 5000 point bundle, wouldn't that mean that I just spent double (probably more, I gotta check) the amount for a mystery bag item than if I had just bought the 5000 point bundle? Sure, I may be getting less points, but in the end, I get more mystery bag items overall.

If I didn't care to collect the mystery bag items, I would have gone for one of the higher point-giving bundles, but I do. From what I've seen so far, these mystery bag items are very good in game, and I want to get as many as I possibly can.

Sets are nice, but I don't have to have them all now. I'd rather work my slowly up this list before collecting all the sets.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top