Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there Really any new Mystery Bag Items?**Yes it seems so; pics on first page.**

Comments

• Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would love those arcade machines!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    I can confirm the 1000 Simpoint Bundle gives a badge only.

I also tried to purchase the 2000 Simpoint Bundle and I've gotten only a badge so far. It seems it might be only the higher bundles that gives the actual items.

thanks for letting us know, looks like I won't be buying simpoints anymore :( I think its sad that they do this, whether we spend little or lots we should still get some sort of incentive and a measly badge just doesn't cut it for me. Im so sorry to my friends on here because I wanted to get more points and gift too but can't because its not fair that those of us who can't afford to get the bigger bundles are left out. However, if my fortune does turn around (God willing) I'll reconsider.
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited June 2012
    I like the new stuff, not sure I am getting points again any time soon, but the medieval stuff has been up since... November right? so we should have some time. I just wish they had ever actually fixed it so I got my treasure hunt prize... I know others would be irritated if they gave out that another way, but they do stuff like that often enough (find ways to irritate those who worked hard/paid the most, not giving stuff away lol) that I had hoped it might come to pass... ah well... :lol:
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited June 2012
    WOWZERS those are some exciting prizes.
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    ♦ Zombie Attack Arcade Machine (largest simpoint bundle)

♦ Unicorn Arcade Machine (largest simpoint bundle)

so... I have to spend 160 bucks worth of simpoints to receive arcade machines? wow... :?
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I also tried to purchase the 2000 Simpoint Bundle and I've gotten only a badge so far. It seems it might be only the higher bundles that gives the actual items.

I tried the 2000 bundle and it gave me the dining chair though.. :?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have not figured out anything cause I'm not willing to buy any more Simpoints atm. I own the Store and don't really have any use for them.

It seems the 1000 SP bundle only gives Badges and maybe you can only get so many of the 2000 until they start giving out badges as well.

Too get the machines, one would need to spend 320$ on SP if their lucky to get them with only two. Then you have around 50'000 SP.

I find this truly ridiculous and while I am a collector that like to have everything, I won't this time.

Give us the items for 1000 SP and I might consider buying the 6 bundles I need to get all the stuff even if I don't have any use for the points myself.

Enough is enough.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh lovely! Didn't realise there were new gifts, but I just bought 5,000 points and got the barstool :D
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

Yeah I got the badge for 2000 and a chair for 5000
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm still missing a bed, sofa, and table from the previous set. I especially wanted the bed and sofa.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't buy points. My PayPal glitched out a few times, and now the site won't let me connect to PayPal - every time I click on 'buy now' I get bounced back to the second page (where you have to opt for PayPal and agree with the digital services agreement).
    I've done this a dozen times yesterday, and again this morning. I hope it's fixed before the new sets come out...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    I can't buy points. My PayPal glitched out a few times, and now the site won't let me connect to PayPal - every time I click on 'buy now' I get bounced back to the second page (where you have to opt for PayPal and agree with the digital services agreement).
    I've done this a dozen times yesterday, and again this morning. I hope it's fixed before the new sets come out...

did you try with different browser? because that happens sometimes to me, all i have to do is try with different browser and it works.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I have not figured out anything cause I'm not willing to buy any more Simpoints atm. I own the Store and don't really have any use for them.

It seems the 1000 SP bundle only gives Badges and maybe you can only get so many of the 2000 until they start giving out badges as well.

Too get the machines, one would need to spend 320$ on SP if their lucky to get them with only two. Then you have around 50'000 SP.

I find this truly ridiculous and while I am a collector that like to have everything, I won't this time.

Give us the items for 1000 SP and I might consider buying the 6 bundles I need to get all the stuff even if I don't have any use for the points myself.

Enough is enough.

Well said Crinrict. Well said.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    did you try with different browser? because that happens sometimes to me, all i have to do is try with different browser and it works.

I tried with Safari, Firefox and Chrome, which is all I have... I was able to buy points last week, but yesterday first my PayPal started glitching, and then I couldn't get to PP from the Store page at all any more.
    Maybe it will straighten itself out in a few days. It could be that the PP glitch is what's causing the store to 'block' me for a few days?
  • Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited June 2012
    I bought the highest amount of points last week and all I got was a shell thing. (mirror perhaps?)

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited June 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:

I tried with Safari, Firefox and Chrome, which is all I have... I was able to buy points last week, but yesterday first my PayPal started glitching, and then I couldn't get to PP from the Store page at all any more.
    Maybe it will straighten itself out in a few days. It could be that the PP glitch is what's causing the store to 'block' me for a few days?

I was just about to post that I was having this problem. I tried it with Firefox and IE, neither work.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Mellisenda2Mellisenda2 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2012
    I bought 1000 points yesterday and got a Queen Marble Bookshelf.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm incrediably disappointed by this, I haven't bought SimPoints in a few months simply for lack of funds to do so but I have been thinking about buying some more next week for the new set as a treat to myself but I might not now or at least might wait a while longer. I wasn't able to partake in the Treasure Hunt in February because I couldn't afford to buy a bundle then so I don't have the Honeymoon Set as much as I would like it (I hope EA release it again at a later date) so those pieces aren't of much interest to me....I do however love the Arcade machines but even if I had the money there is no way I woud buy that bundle. The other bundles should be a mix of all avalible items without repeats so once you have that item you can't get it again and the larger bundle should give you all the items like they used to do it, guess EA cottoned onto the fact that collectors who want to own every piece of content will buy several bundles. if I do decide to spend some of my hard earned cash on SimPoints next week and get another stinking, useless badge to add the pile I've gotten since November In will not be happy!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:

I was just about to post that I was having this problem. I tried it with Firefox and IE, neither work.

that's weird, when my firefox won't do the job then IE works for me. :?
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    KarinL wrote:
    Mashimar0 wrote:

that's weird, when my firefox won't do the job then IE works for me. :?

Usually, but it wasn't working yesterday.

EDIT: And it still isn't. >.> :(
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2012
    To answer some of the questions about what you get when you buy the largest Sim Point bundle (which I just did), you are NOT guaranteed one of the new arcade machines. I got a bar stool.

I LIKE the barstool, but I sort of think that if you buy one of the larger bundles you should get more than one item.
    oow785m
  • Options
    Mellisenda2Mellisenda2 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2012
    Here's the Queen's Marble bookshelf I got for my 1000 Simpoint Bundle purchase yesterday. I know that it's a conversion from the Sims Medieval game. After checking it out in buy mode I uninstalled it from my game since it seemed a bit glitchy graphic-wise (see image) and my "F#" keyboard functions and scroll wheel stopped working in-game. My game also froze while recoloring it. It's missing books that the original Sims Medieval one had, as well.

7322022158_039c0b5d85_z.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    To answer some of the questions about what you get when you buy the largest Sim Point bundle (which I just did), you are NOT guaranteed one of the new arcade machines. I got a bar stool.

I LIKE the barstool, but I sort of think that if you buy one of the larger bundles you should get more than one item.

i'm guessing in order to have guaranteed arcade machine, one must buy 4 of smaller packs (from 40 bucks worth sp and up) and receive furniture and juice bar, then move up to 2 big sp packs for arcade machines
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I tend to buy the lower priced ones and have never gotten a badge. Not even sure what they are! :?
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

I tend to buy the lower priced ones and have never gotten a badge. Not even sure what they are! :?

Thumbnail_128x128.png

is that badge, to see which item/badge you received, just check your purchase history and you'll see free items you've got.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif