The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closed.

CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:
    The Sims 3 definately needs to bring back this expansion pack from the Sims 2! But they need to enrich it and make it better.

1. First off, I think they should make a new age group inbetween the Teens and Young Adults, that way when they are in College, they can be this age and not waste there Young Adult lives in school.

2. Second, I think they should make an entire town be the University. On one side you can have dorms/sororities, and then have landmarks such as fountains in the middle, mixed in with a few shops such as grocery and book store. You could put the classes scattered around campus and add a football field for the more athletic students.

3. They would need to revamp the old one and start watching some movies such as American Pie for ideas. I for sure want streaking and wild college 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I do not want to miss out on the nightlife of college fun!

4. I think that you should be able to stay at University for as long as you want. I think you should be recommended to leave after about four sim years, but if you want you can stay longer and study in a different course. You should be able to stay all the way up into the Elder stage of life, but when you are an Elder you can get a professor job on campus.

5. I think you should be able to either make a roommate or, let the game pick one for you. You can become close friends with your roommate or enemies. Play pranks on them when there sleeping, destroy there half of the room, and steal there homework for your own use :3

6. I think there should be three types of dorms. Boys, Girls, and Co-Ed. The dorms would be pretty chill and all freshman have to live in one for there first year. The parties will be at the sororities, and you can join one of these in your later college years. At the sororities you can become a legend, but you need to prove you can get in by doing some pretty weird stuff (streaking, sex, ect)

7. College can be a ***** time in your life. The sims should consider putting in more woohoo options and adding the Threesome option as well. Maybe, and I know this is weird and kinda out there, but getting STD's. Anyways, they should add woohoo on beach, beach make out, woohoo in bushes, woohoo in car, ect.

8. The jocks on campus will be able to play football at the field, lets just hope some streakers don't come along) You can join the football team at any age but you need to be a certain level in athletic ability. Football would take a lot of time out of your schedule for training and games, but it pays! If you get into any trouble on campus you get suspended from a game (after three times in trouble, football is done for you)

These are just some ideas for my dream expansion University. Tell me what you think, anything more YOU would like?

1. Not to be rude, but are they going to invent another age group? IRL people go from being a teen to YA, so most people spend anywhere from 2 to 4 years of their YA life in school, if not more.

2. Would only like that if it was a subhood, not a whole new town.

3. Don't think American Pie would fall into the Teen Rating and I've seen every one of the AP movies.

4. Eh, doesn't make much difference to me really. Though you kind of contradict #1 there. -shrug-

5. If they remake Uni, I want the dorms to be like in TS2.

6. Again, some of your ideas are going to raise the rating of the game. You may want to rethink some of it.

7. Wow, you are really wanting the game to be mature aren't you?

8. Eh, if you're gonna have football players, you need cheerleaders and other sports as well.

• Options
    McieMcie Posts: 35
    edited May 2012
    Well they are just suggestions, and I only came up with new age group so people don't complaint about spending to much time in college like they did for The Sims 2.

I like the idea of a whole town, subhood would be to small for my taste.

American Pie can be rated for Teen. They just wouldn't have nudity. You can still have the crazy parties like they do without all the sex and nudity. Sims already has drugs and alcohol so whats the difference XD

I mean, if you want to stay there longer than the four years of inbetween Teen/YA, thats whatI mean.

Yeah, I know that one was out there, I mentioned that. Adding more woohoo options isn't a bad idea though. We barely have many good ones :p

And all the sims really has is football anyway, so why would they need cheer and other sports?
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:
    getting STD's

f3037c6d_are_you_kidding_me_rage_face_meme_poster-r3726a85aa584458cad9751d80824bbf6_jih_328.jpeg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited May 2012
    I saw the marketing survey with the Uni concept and it referred to Uni students as "Young Collegians". It may or may not be a new stage. Young adults could be called that while at Uni. The survey also says that Adults can return to Uni. It also mentions Child Prodigies.

I would love a University town. I want there to be various buildings for majors even if they are rabbit holes, dorms, Greek houses, apartments, homes for professors, various hangouts, businesses that townies work in and homes for those townies. Most normal town rabbit holes and interactive lots could have college town equivalents. The most important thing is the town would have a large student body instead of a small pack of students you would have if it were in Sunset Valley.

Seasons would be nice, but Uni will complete TS3 for me. I can then play my cycle of starting a young adult, raising a family, and then sending their children off to Uni and becoming adults and starting it all over again. I hope Generations boarding schools and after school activities prepares teens to give them an edge in University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I think it's not necessary to add a new age group between teen and YA. Generally, college students are 18-23, this stage can be called young adult already. :wink:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm all for a Uni EP. When I first played Uni in TS2 that was some of the best times in my game. It is what you make it.

I would want the Uni world to be a subhood. Just so my Sim could return home for breaks (created and issued by the game options) for different holidays. I think that would be cool, but then a Seasonal EP would be needed I guess if a Sim was going back home for 1 Sim day for a holiday.

I would want the Sims to be very young adults and still act like teens in a lot of ways. Not an extension of adults per se.

I wouldn't mind a bad moodlet like in TSM for too much socializing which in that game I think imitates STDs. Some with that trait (what's it called in that game?) get a bad moodlet by just speaking with someone..funny.

They have to get meds for it...it's a cool feature in the game imho.
    Because they have to go to the doctor to buy the meds or leech thearpy. :lol:

I would like some pre planned parties going on around the town, like Sims would have to attend them to be able to get in a frat house. But not like togo parties in TS2 where you only had a few mintues to impress 3 of the group/befriend.

I would want working dorms full of NPC YAs just like in TS2. Living in a dorm for my Sims were some of the best times in the game...if you played the game and not just grind. It was great.

Secret Societies belong in a Uni pack with more goth or grunge or whatever or the group would have a particular theme to their group. It would be their creed. Lots of ideas about that.

When a Sim decided they didn't want to live in the dorms anymore, an townhouse/dublex/apartment bldg would be fun for you to move in several of your own Sims to live seperately in them. Maybe limit this to dublexes where 2 of your Sims move in and you control both but seperately. Might be a chore in an open world but I would like that. No NPCs could live in these, your Sims would have to rent them.

Expanding on the majors I would want Sims to actually have to do some things while filling up those meters like in music have to form a college band for extra credit or other things like that. A lot of room in there for ideas like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited May 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Mcie wrote:
    getting STD's

f3037c6d_are_you_kidding_me_rage_face_meme_poster-r3726a85aa584458cad9751d80824bbf6_jih_328.jpeg

This. Uhhh...what?
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited May 2012
    Really!...STDs, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Threesomes :?
    my nephew who's seven plays TS3 and TS2, his favorite Eps are Pets and University...I don't think he'd like this Uni :shock:
    ---
    Im sorry WAY too mature, even if the game is rated T for Teen there are still millions of children who play this game...and lots of people who would be offened by these ideas, Sorry.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited May 2012
    um sims doesn't have drugs. That's would be too mature for Sims. But then Mean Girls was very mature for what was a "Teen" movie about high school.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:
    my nephew who's seven plays TS3 and TS2, his favorite Eps are Pets and University...I don't think he'd like this Uni :shock:
    ---
    Im sorry WAY too mature, even if the game is rated T for Teen there are still millions of children who play this game...and lots of people who would be offened by these ideas, Sorry.

I am way above the age of 7 and I don't like this Uni.

Let's just say EA does make a Uni expansion, I think the OP would be better off letting them make a Teen rated Uni and then the OP can go use "google" and spice up their Uni anyway they see fit.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't think most of you are getting what I've been asking. I just want to know if there is anything else that YOU would want added. Like I said, mine is just a suggestion. Please don't get mad at me for my far out ideas :shock:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    um sims doesn't have drugs. That's would be too mature for Sims. But then Mean Girls was very mature for what was a "Teen" movie about high school.

Actually the sims does have drugs, it just doesn't say it directly. What do you think the bubble machine is lol
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,362 Member
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:
    I don't think most of you are getting what I've been asking. I just want to know if there is anything else that YOU would want added. Like I said, mine is just a suggestion. Please don't get mad at me for my far out ideas :shock: [/qu

What you are asking for will probably raise the rating from t for teen to m for mature. You may have some good suggestions but there are some that would not/never make it into the game. EA would never put in for the sims to have a three-way or std's. jmho.
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited May 2012
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:
    ---

I am way above the age of 7 and I don't like this Uni.

Let's just say EA does make a Uni expansion, I think the OP would be better off letting them make a Teen rated Uni and then the OP can go use "google" and spice up their Uni anyway they see fit.

This^
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited May 2012
    my sim don no nothing bout no abcs.
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:
    I don't think most of you are getting what I've been asking. I just want to know if there is anything else that YOU would want added. Like I said, mine is just a suggestion. Please don't get mad at me for my far out ideas :shock:

Are you serious?

Go ask someone who has HIV / AIDs how much of a hell their life is. Go ask someone who has had their life ruined by syphilis, or had to watch their loved one go through it. Did you consider them? Clearly not. If you did, you wouldn't ask for that.

You watch too many adult videos if you think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and threesomes are everywhere in college. Way too many.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Mcie wrote:

Are you serious?

Go ask someone who has HIV / AIDs how much of a hell their life is. Go ask someone who has had their life ruined by syphilis, or had to watch their loved one go through it. Did you consider them? Clearly not. If you did, you wouldn't ask for that.

You watch too many adult videos if you think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and threesomes are everywhere in college. Way too many.

These are options to make the game more fun. I'm just saying that STD's are an option to add into the game. I no way was I making fun of them or insulting anyone with STD's. I know its a serious thing. What I want to do is make the sims 3 realistic. I'm not saying these things are crawling all over campus but if you have a party sim, a three person woohoo could be something they do.

I'm sure a person that has HIV/AIDs is suffering, especially with love, but these are things I thought the sims could add.

I'm starting to learn the sims isn't fun. Especially when I have been constantly abused in the forums. Please, anyone else who reads this, don't post anything more. I am done with these forums and the drama they cause.

THIS IS CLOSED
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Mcie wrote:

Are you serious?

These are options to make the game more fun. I'm just saying that STD's are an option to add into the game. I no way was I making fun of them or insulting anyone with STD's. I know its a serious thing. What I want to do is make the sims 3 realistic. I'm not saying these things are crawling all over campus but if you have a party sim, a three person woohoo could be something they do.

I'm sure a person that has HIV/AIDs is suffering, especially with love, but these are things I thought the sims could add.

I'm starting to learn the sims isn't fun. Especially when I have been constantly abused in the forums. Please, anyone else who reads this, don't post anything more. I am done with these forums and the drama they cause.

THIS IS CLOSED

Uh, you contradicted yourself. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    labrams1228labrams1228 Posts: 297 Member
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Mcie wrote:

Are you serious?

THIS IS CLOSED

OP, it's highly apparent that you have never fully educated yourself about this particular touchy subject. It's possible you've never met anyone who has been devastated by these diseases, either, otherwise, you wouldn't have so nonchalantly suggested this to be an addition to the game.

I used to work in the HIV/AIDS and STD program within my state. Worked with the HIV/AIDS Consortium, the CDC and HRRSA. In the course of my employment with these programs, I not only learned a lot of about the devastation they cause, but as well met many who are effected by these same diseases. What you don't often hear is just how much "love" these people receive, how they have to often try and find an insurance carrier willing to help them because they are considered high risk. As for syph, that's a lifelong disease to be carrying, one that progresses to the neural areas destroying the brain and other functions. Babies are effected by this and all of them eventually die.

Again, I figure you've not educated yourself, nor have you been around others who have had the sad luck to contract such a disease as those you mentioned. Before making such suggestions as this to a game that is supposed to be fun and largely played by children who wouldn't understand such a concept, please do your research and find some compassion for those who play this game that may have a loved one or are, themselves, afflicted.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2012
    Mcie wrote:

THIS IS CLOSED

I'm sorry but you have no power to close your own thread. All you can do is no longer post on it, but since you did choose to post in the ideas and feedback section, people are still entitled to give you feedback, regardless of whether or not you want to hear it. And editing out your original message, and replacing it with the word CLOSED doesn't mean diddly. We don't have to respect it.

If your idea of abuse is the fact that people dare to disagree with you, then I would say that you should probably develop a thicker skin...especially when you choose to post ideas that are inappropriate, and if EA added them, the rating would be M, not T.

I don't see anything "fun" about STD, three-ways, or 🐸🐸🐸🐸, myself. You may like "American Pie", but I always thought it was a silly movie, myself. Oh yeah, and one more thing: The Sims 3 is already "realistic"...adding the things you suggested takes away from the fun aspects of the game as far as I am concerned.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited May 2012
    All right let's forget those STD, HIV things, ok? :?:
    There are many options we can add but why those uncomfortable stuff? :?
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Putting aside the STD idea, I would love a Uni EP. I really feel this is missing from TS3 and would love something like this to comeback.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Whoops. Got your avatars mixed up. Sorry.
  • Options
    GWDoddGWDodd Posts: 945
    edited May 2012
    Children play this game.
    What kind of morals and values would they glean by being exposed to this kind of "gameplay"?