The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's been happening in your game lately? Feel free to chat and post pics! :)

Comments

• Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2012
    :)
    Well, I figured I'd get off my lazy butt and show off a few pictures. I never got a good shot of Felix as a tot, but I got one of Maeve. I thought it was cute when I took it initially, but it doesn't capture her pouty face as well as I thought it did.

screenshot_original.jpg

Then Margaret (the mother) went off and had a midlife crisis. One of her wishes was to go to the gym. I have a feeling that isn't her thing.

screenshot_original.jpg

On that note, since she has hit her midlife crisis, she's so far from accomplishing her LTW of being Surrounded by Family... time to find Addison and get Margaret knocked up again. xD But not before another visit to China. She's living in poverty, so I'm hoping a trip to China will pay handsomely. >>;; I have to buy some Simpoints so badly. I did a ton of window shopping at the Sim store today. xDDD I literally spent like an HOUR there. Especially since I'd had a bunch of stuff that came free with expansion pack and some freebies from the store that I hadn't yet loaded onto the game.

@Elimarna, Your nursery is so lovely!! So jealous of all the kid stuff. ;)

@ddsims3world, I love looking at your buildings/rooms.

Heck, I just like reading about everyone in general. 8D
    Maeve's cute. It does show her pouty face but I love the little smirk. :)
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited May 2012
    Been trying to play through a legacy for months. Can't seem to get past gen 2 or 3 before the game file gets corrupted. IDK what the flurb is doing it.

Has anyone else had issues playing through legacies?

I'm on try 6. I've tried with 3 different founders. I'm currently on my second attempt with Merideth Shepherd.

It may be coincidence, but it seems it happens at some point after I send someone on vacation. So this time around there will be no traveling, sadly. I really like collecting the statues and such from the exotic destinations. Plus the vacations seem to be a good way to make a pretty decent amount of money, if you do it right.

I'll edit this post a bit later after I go in and take a few pics of the current family. :)

& http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited May 2012
    Young Adult Rose.
    Screenshot-2-31.jpgScreenshot-3-18.jpg

Regan :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-5-13.jpg

I don't know if I mentioned it before or not, but Cirrus moved out and moved in/married Morty. So they have been together for a little while now, and I got a very interesting pop-up today. Welcome to the Goth family, Tara and Jarrod! :D
    Screenshot-6-12.jpgScreenshot-7-11.jpg

Evangelina died today. :hunf: I hate when sims don't listen to me.
    Screenshot-8-8.jpgScreenshot-9-9.jpg

Loki as a teen. :D
    Screenshot-11-6.jpg

Regan as a child. :D
    Screenshot-12-5.jpg
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited May 2012
    Am I a terrible person for laughing at Evangelina? Cause I laughed. :oops:

I have Hidden Springs now! *bounces*

I may transplant Kat and Jason so I can explore the world with them.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Elimarna wrote:
    Am I a terrible person for laughing at Evangelina? Cause I laughed. :oops:

I have Hidden Springs now! *bounces*

I may transplant Kat and Jason so I can explore the world with them.

No, your not horrible. I smacked my forehead in disbelief, then I laughed. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited May 2012
    Been trying to play through a legacy for months. Can't seem to get past gen 2 or 3 before the game file gets corrupted. IDK what the flurb is doing it.

I'm on try 6. I've tried with 3 different founders. I'm currently on my second attempt with Merideth Shepherd.

It may be coincidence, but it seems it happens at some point after I send someone on vacation. So this time around there will be no traveling, sadly. I really like collecting the statues and such from the exotic destinations. Plus the vacations seem to be a good way to make a pretty decent amount of money, if you do it right.

I'll edit this post a bit later after I go in and take a few pics of the current family. :)

I've never been able to get more than 2 generations into any one town before it gets corrupted, whether they travel or not. You're not alone there.

Travelling IS a big source of glitchiness, though. If you don't mind cheating a bit, here's what I do if I want relics but don't want to risk travel doing awful things to my town: Pick any lot you fancy, use the buydebug cheat, and place excavation site spawners all over it. Then just go digging for relics at your own convenience. :P

On an unrelated note, here's some random toddler misery:

7184195138_72018cc1ca_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have a thread for voting for my 2nd Generation Heir/ess. If you guys could stop by and vote, that would be wonderful! :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/538347.page#8499484
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited May 2012
    sshaw1 wrote:
    No, your not horrible. I smacked my forehead in disbelief, then I laughed. :mrgreen:

Good, because I pretty much always laugh when Sims die of anything that isn't old age.
  • Options
    MusettaVendettaMusettaVendetta Posts: 53
    edited May 2012
    @ sshaw1, Regan is SO cute!! Once she's an adult, you should upload her to the exchange so I can have her put some cute genes into my town. ;D

@theprincess3, Thank you! x3 She actually makes for a very cute kid. I hope she ages up well. D:

My game is being so glitchy... Maybe having the same problem you're having, exotickitten. I just tried sending Margaret off to Shang Simla and it just didn't load. x.o The twins aged up at different times, though-- when the game exploded, Felix had just aged into a teenager, but Maeve was still a child.

And Addison was refusing to make any more babies, wut.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2012

Do you use mods? Before I got mods I could never get beyond the 20th sim week (about 3 gens) before the save file became corrupt. In my current game I am about to start my 11th generation and, although the opening and saving times gets longer with each generation, the game is running beautifully. I had despaired of ever playing a generational game again before mods.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @ sshaw1, Regan is SO cute!! Once she's an adult, you should upload her to the exchange so I can have her put some cute genes into my town. ;D

Thank you! Sure no problem! :D
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited May 2012
    [img][/img]
    @yesme88, Just get the address of the picture and surround it with the IMG tags. ^^
    Ive tried to but I guess I am not understanding . I am using flicker and I have windows 7.
  • Options
    MusettaVendettaMusettaVendetta Posts: 53
    edited May 2012
    What should I do to be able to travel again? D: I'm really frustrated.

@yesme88, You know how you click a picture and it takes you only to the image? Go up to the address bar and copy that address. Then surround it with this: [*IMG]Address goes here.[/*IMG] Only without the asterisks.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited May 2012

@ddsims3world, I love looking at your buildings/rooms.

Heck, I just like reading about everyone in general. 8D

Thanks! You got a nice toddler!

A quick private wedding to seal the deal.

Wedding8.jpgWedding9.jpgWedding10.jpgWedding11.jpg
  • Options
    LittleGlittersLittleGlitters Posts: 337
    edited May 2012
    Squeee! Gabriella just had her first kiss with her childhood best friend/crush Bubba..they're by far the cutest teen couple I've had in the game. Ahh, young love! ^-^
    2ihpm4h.jpg
    2rpbkuo.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Do you use mods? Before I got mods I could never get beyond the 20th sim week (about 3 gens) before the save file became corrupt. In my current game I am about to start my 11th generation and, although the opening and saving times gets longer with each generation, the game is running beautifully. I had despaired of ever playing a generational game again before mods.

You know I was all anti cc and mods until about 4th try. Then I installed overwatch, and yet my last time I got to gen 3 and boom corruption in the mist. But I don't know what to do with overwatch once a game is corrupt to fix it. :oops: :lol: I guess I assumed having it installed would somehow watch over the game and keep it from getting corrupted in the first place. Like a magic little coded security guard keeping the world safe for sims everywhere. I guess it doesn't work that way. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay, so I made a French sim and he was going to be the husband of my heir/ess and the game ATE him!! Xavier is gone! He's not even in the bin anymore. Now I have to make him all over again, I gave him the French Culture hidden trait and everything. *mutters* Stupid game. *grumbles* It has been happening to random townies, too. They're are there one day, and gone the next. Nothing. :shock:

...I think there is a killer in Starlight Shores. :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:

You know I was all anti cc and mods until about 4th try. Then I installed overwatch, and yet my last time I got to gen 3 and boom corruption in the mist. But I don't know what to do with overwatch once a game is corrupt to fix it. :oops: :lol: I guess I assumed having it installed would somehow watch over the game and keep it from getting corrupted in the first place. Like a magic little coded security guard keeping the world safe for sims everywhere. I guess it doesn't work that way. :lol::lol:
    Perhaps you need that other one (the name of which escapes me at the moment) that tells you what's wrong when something stuffs up. It's one I keep meaning to get but never got around to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've only ever heard overwatch would help. Let me know if you figure out what the other one is, if you don't mind. :wink:
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited May 2012
    My second gen heir just had twins girls. I'm super stoked about that, since it's been so long since I've had single gender multiples. (I keep SP mod on random genders by default, but even when I switched that function off I was still getting mixed multiples all the time)

I'm quite taken with these two :)
    twinplay.jpg
    The eldest, Nova is in the blue. Ella is in the pink

Nova
    Novacuddle.jpg

Ella
    Ellacot.jpg

Family shot
    familytime.jpg
    Dad teaching Nova to walk and mum reading Ella to sleep

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:

Perhaps you need that other one (the name of which escapes me at the moment) that tells you what's wrong when something stuffs up. It's one I keep meaning to get but never got around to it.

Twallan's ErrorTrap?
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited May 2012
    I've only ever heard overwatch would help. Let me know if you figure out what the other one is, if you don't mind. :wink:

Error Trap is the one you're after, I think :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Yes, OverWatch does help too. I have both OverWatch and ErrorTrap. I can't play without them. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay I remember what it is called now but can't tell you exactly what it does. It's called Error Trap. A couple of my friends use it and say it is good and I did mean to get it when I started using mods but as everything was running smoothly I never got around to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    yay! Ok thanks. I'll try installing that one too to find out what's happening. 8) You people rock.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top