Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lissykin's Studio Showcase ~ Legacy Landing - No CC pg.19 ~

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Lissykin wrote: »
    Crowe Country Charmer is ready for download! :)

roof_up_original.jpg

Excellent Build ... Love the subtle colors and organization you employed throughout the house.
    Great Work ... Recommended ... And Have A Lovely Day!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    Hi everyone! :) Thank you, rosemow for your wonderfully kind review of my first Sims 4 builds. I can't thank you enough for the time you take to give me such thorough feedback. You're terribly sweet. *hugs*

Thank you to BlackSand for the much appreciated comments for Crowe Country Charmer. I'm very flattered, it really made my day.

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @anettesb: I'm creating for you now! :)

In progress: Dorm for University

WIP pics coming soon! <3

The only info I need are the names of the Majgaard family.

Thank you!
    Post edited by Lissykin on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Lissykin wrote: »
    @anettesb: I'm creating for you now! :)

In progress: Dorm for University

WIP pics coming soon! <3

The only info I need are the names of the Majgaard family.

Thank you!

all the names in history... or curent names or just the ones death....

founder is
    Anette Majgaard
    their last name is based on the horse from my childhood: Majgaarden's Master Stroke. (the Majgaards Master Stroke)

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Excellent! Thank you so much! I just took my daughters to the airport, and now I've two and a half weeks on my own with my pet bunny, dog, and cats. They don't mind if I'm on the computer for long stretches. lol

I'll post pics when I've made some progress. :)
    Post edited by Lissykin on
  • Options
    hmm my dog minds... but then again she is being traind to mind.... sort of.... thinks she see it as me being desiotive... and comes check on me.....

please do say if you need more info

I was going to name the lot Majgaard Hall/dorm my self... not very creative but staying in line with the 3 EA dorm names....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    That's a good dog indeed. o:) It's so wonderful that she's trained to care for you so well. <3

I decided to work on altering the existing build first, before starting from scratch. I found that placing the connecting basement from garage to dorm is proving to be a tiny bit challenging because of the slope the house is on, but I'm sorting it out.
    If I decide after fussing with it for a bit that I need to start over, I'll let you know.

I think the name is fine; I like the consistency of it with the other EA dorms. Thank you for all your input! It really helps. :)
  • Options
    yea she is good

thank you for looking at it... agree te slope gave me a problem to.. that and the big front yard... though 1 could expand the house that way...
    I also found it hard to get all I wanted there to be there...

it be interesting what you can do... the house already there have great bones.
    if need be the conection can be done on a lower level... or higher but I still think there be a difrent.. as long as there is no bedrooms in the garage building (only skill and hobby rooms with their needed bathroom/toilets) a conection can be droped...

the important is the needed items and rooms + history of the lot....
  • Options
    I agree that the house is a good one. Without the connection to the garage from the house, there's no issue at all with using the existing lot. I still think I can sort a way to connect it all, but will let you know if I can't. I'm still playing with it. I am making sure to include everything on your list in great detail. You won't lose anything. Keeping the history of the lot is important to me too. It's fun when playing legacies to have history related to the buildings. Legacy play is pretty much the only way I play. I like the long genealogies of the families.
    Thank you for your patience with me! I feel bad that it takes me so long, but I like to think it's worth it when I'm finished. :)
  • Options
    well your faster than me... no matter what.. so take your time I get the town done in the mean time + there is a few sims week until Kurt (might) go to the university... and I'm not playing that family until I got a few lots done... so it is all fine...

feel free to add and change in the renovation (adding DV or MH roof details be cool)

as no other family member have been at university (I play long life spand) it is not their creations that are left in the house, they simply bought it and donated it to the university (after renovating) with the contract that any member of their family would get a room their of their choice.... the build will evolv with the family (I will let things be left behinde) and save to my library if I change base town... so it is never a fresh start.
  • Options
    Hi Anette! I have the first WIP pic for you:

iWtuFLJ9oQLsc.jpg

It's still in the very early stages, but I thought you'd like to see the new bones. I opted to start over, so that I could include a functioning basement; the way the original was on the raised hill rather than a foundation made it so the basement wouldn't cooperate and line up with the garage basement. I also wasn't able to fit a foundation on the original house. Anyway, I'm still going to add many of the exterior roof features you mentioned, so please don't be discouraged by this first view.

I'm making a wedding cake as my wedding gift for some dear friends, and the big event is this weekend. I'll be off the computer for some days, and suspect that my body is going to be quite angry at me afterward. However I'll be back in the saddle so to speak by Monday.

More pics coming soon. :)
  • Options
    thoese bones looks very interesting, symetric, but not 100%
    I like the porch
    and I can still feel the old house from the lot

glad you still going to look at the roofing features

enjoy the bakeing.... listne to your body when it tels you to relax
  • Options
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) The design of the exterior is very nice! Very nice roof covered front porchway! The dormer is very nice!
    I hope that the wedding cake goes well! It is a very special wedding gift for your friends. Sending a hug to you <3 and hope that you can get some time to rest your body afterwards and that pain eases for you.
  • Options
    Thank you anette and rose! I'll have more WIP pics either later tonight (for me lol) or tomorrow. The wedding went well! :) Everyone liked the cake, so my first official wedding cake was a success. I'm so happy I was able to make it for them, and at the same time relieved it's over. lol ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    Hi Lissy! Please post pictures of your wedding cake and your bunny!

It is a lovely WIP home!
  • Options
    ipUqdxfxlaVjk.jpg

Here's the cake! I learned so much, and next time will be even better. First time's always tricky. lol Bunny pics coming soon! She's my sweetest love of my heart. lol <3
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    Oh
    My
    Gosh,
    lissy!!!

That is so cute! You did such a great job! I have been trying a little cake decorating, but that is so professional! So pretty!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    wow thats an amazing cake...
  • Options
    Really?! Oh my gosh, thank you!!! I'm so happy right now. I'm so pleased you all liked it. My friends were quite happy, and smooshed it in each others' faces quite thoroughly. lol I really appreciate the kind comments. I was so nervous I'd screw it all up! :o
  • Options
    More WIP pics! The exterior is all finished (except landscaping):

ilqRbV9CsCM08.jpg
    ibbGAUb9xtCjN6.jpg
    ib0ZQ2bzPeiaC1.jpg
  • Options
    The exterior looks very nice! :) The colour and texture of the exterior looks nice. The balcony is nice and it is nice that there is a garage. It looks great!
  • Options
    Thank you, rose! *hugs*