Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discount on Sim Points:

Comments

• Options
    KebachetKebachet Posts: 280 Member
    edited November 2011
    So I didn't know origin did sims points sales. Do you buy them there, and they get credited to your sims 3 store account and then use them in the sims 3 store like normal? If so I'd be interested in watching origin now.

Yep, that's how it works. So far, I've only bought my simpoints through Origins, during a 50% off sale, and a 60% off sale. :)
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited November 2011
    Just offer the sale at the store without going to Fartbook.Another example how EA likes messing with us.
    I agree completely. This is the main TS3 site, not Facebook. Simmers who are on the main TS3 site should get the points bundle discount as well. Discrimination, imo. Any dicounts should ALWAYS be offered to ALL simmers because we are all created equal. We are loyal simmers who show up here on the main site.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2011
    Looks like the deal is for outside the US. Well we are not counted in this time, wish EA would have made that a disclaimer so I didn't waste my time.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    tickle97tickle97 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2011
    entered it and it applied the 15% off i cancelled the payment though, i tried it a second time and it didnt work. which really annoyed me! guess i wont be buying any sim points today then
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited November 2011
    It worked first time for me in Sweden, and I was able to stock up a little. I'm actually pleased for a change, as we never get deals here, and the kronor cost of simpoints is worse than the Euro/pound by a long way! This actually made it a little more reasonable.
  • Options
    Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited November 2011
    it only worked for me when i used it with a simpoint bundle
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2011
    It worked first time for me in Sweden, and I was able to stock up a little. I'm actually pleased for a change, as we never get deals here, and the kronor cost of simpoints is worse than the Euro/pound by a long way! This actually made it a little more reasonable.

Do you get the SP cost in kronor through Origin as well ? Going through Origin I get Euro instead of Swiss Francs (which isn't as good as $ but still better than Swiss francs).
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited November 2011
    I am in the US, and can't get the code to work. and here I was, ready to spend a bunch of money on points so i can take full advantage of all of their deals...guess they don't want my money that bad?
  • Options
    Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited November 2011
    I am in the US, and can't get the code to work. and here I was, ready to spend a bunch of money on points so i can take full advantage of all of their deals...guess they don't want my money that bad?

did you type it in, or copy and paste?
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited November 2011
    I typed it in in all caps. I will see what copy/paste does for me.

here's the fine print:
    Value of discount will be deducted from product list price. Valid only for purchases of SimPoints bundles from the The Sims 3 Store at store.thesims3.com. This offer expires on November 27, 2011 and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Coupon code expires November 27, 2011. Not valid for mobile payment option. EA Online Account and online game registration with serial code enclosed with The Sims 3 game required to receive discount. EA Online Terms and Conditions available at www.ea.com. Minimum age requirements to register for an EA Online Account vary by country. See The Sims 3 product for details. Valid only in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, US, Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, Thailand, and Singapore. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. You must accept the Digital Services Agreement to purchase SimPoints. SimPoints can be exchanged for virtual items at The Sims 3 Store, are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited November 2011
    crinrict wrote:

Do you get the SP cost in kronor through Origin as well ? Going through Origin I get Euro instead of Swiss Francs (which isn't as good as $ but still better than Swiss francs).

No, I still only get kronor through origin.

Oh, and I copied and pasted the code, if that helps anyone.
  • Options
    computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited November 2011
    It's just not worth it, especially when there have been sells for 60% off on simpoints. I'll wait for a better deal.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2011
    No, I still only get kronor through origin.

Weird why it shows (and I did buy SP in Euro, so it does work too) in Euro for me and not for you. Probably just another error then.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2011
    I got the code and it says it's invalid for me too. Sheesh.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Cbn036Cbn036 Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2011
    Same here, I reactivated my account got the code but then it's saying it's invalid??? Another reason why I HATE FACEBOOK , there are more glitches with Facebook than EA or Origin.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    Some of you may be having problems if you are running Internet Explorer 9 - I had to go on my hubbies laptop who has Explorer 8 still on it. I typed it all in Capitals and just waited - it takes a few minutes sometimes, but it went through with no problems.

By the way who ever was saying that is just 16 dollars on the 160 pack - not it's 24 dollars off the 160 dollar pack.

Also EA has been using face book and twitter and You tube for a lot of contests, discounts,especially for Voting on what you want in the store and in SPs, and freebies long before the Sims Social was even a thought. I have gotten quite a lot of free sets or stuff from those 3 different Sims 3 sites. I already have a membership in each, I just rarely use them - but my parents and my kids leave me messages on the different ones so I keep them anyway. I honestly have never been hacked or had any problem with those sites and have belonged to them all since they first started just about. But I don't play social games, so to me they are just a tool for getting more EA stuff and communicating with EA and my family. Real Gurus and Sims team members actually talk with you on Twitter.

They hardly come to the forums at all. You get way more results in learning to use Twitter cause everybody can see it. Not just simmers.

But yeah we got free Tiki sets, free fronteir set, all the fairy set was free,(and more) and then Guru's also send you items here and there when you do different things like showing pictures of different EPs and sps being used and stuff like that. Also Treasure hunts.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Jopie58Jopie58 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Also EA has been using face book and twitter and You tube for a lot of contests, discounts,especially for Voting on what you want in the store and in SPs, and freebies long before the Sims Social was even a thought. I have gotten quite a lot of free sets or stuff from those 3 different Sims 3 sites. I already have a membership in each, I just rarely use them - but my parents and my kids leave me messages on the different ones so I keep them anyway. I honestly have never been hacked or had any problem with those sites and have belonged to them all since they first started just about. But I don't play social games, so to me they are just a tool for getting more EA stuff and communicating with EA and my family. Real Gurus and Sims team members actually talk with you on Twitter.

They hardly come to the forums at all. You get way more results in learning to use Twitter cause everybody can see it. Not just simmers.

But yeah we got free Tiki sets, free fronteir set, all the fairy set was free,(and more) and then Guru's also send you items here and there when you do different things like showing pictures of different EPs and sps being used and stuff like that. Also Treasure hunts.

This knowledge actually p....s me off big time :evil:
    What the heck is EA expecting us to do? Isn't buying the game and it's EP's, SP's and store sets enough :evil:

Thanks Writin_Reg for letting people know, i think i'm not the only one that finds this highly unfair.
  • Options
    RESastraRESastra Posts: 34 New Member
    edited November 2011
    If the code doesn't work, try a different browser. last night i tried firefox, ie, chrome and then it finally worked with safari
  • Options
    mndaluvmndaluv Posts: 34 New Member
    edited November 2011
    RESastra wrote:
    If the code doesn't work, try a different browser. last night i tried firefox, ie, chrome and then it finally worked with safari
    Its still not working for me and I've used every browser I've got!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    I got the 15 percent off, but I did not get the bonus gift listed for the 40 dollar bundle - a guitar mirror and checked my purchase history at least 6 times last night. They shouldn't list the bonus gift if they are not giving it with the purchase.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BlueMurderBlueMurder Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2011
    a quick post from me as i'm on my way out.

put your CAPS LOCK ON!! add the code then submit, seems to make the difference!
  • Options
    Cbn036Cbn036 Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2011
    I finally got the 15% too after several times of trying. Clicked the link on the coupon the last time to take me directly to the Sims 3 site and it then let me. I tried this last night and it didn't work so maybe for some of us there's a timing issue.

Those who really don't like EA using Facebook and Twitter this way, it's best to bombard them with suggestions and feedback about it. I do think the EA team thinks Sims 3 is mainly for kids and don't realize just how many adults play the game and don't use Twitter/Facebook. It's probably equal to or more adults than actual kids. I did as another poster said and reactivated my Facebook account. I just de-friended everyone and set everyone so only I can see it. (restricted everyone's access to my page as extra precaution).

Don't try support chat for this issue. They told me to go to the retailer and how can I go to the retailer when the retailer is Sims 3 site? The help link on the Sims 3 site sent me to them. I asked them that and got no response, just kept asking for the code which I gave them multiple times before during the chat session. They had no clue what I was talking about even when I copied and pasted the info from the Sims 3 site into the chat. Luckily the link finally worked so I just ended the chat. :-)
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited November 2011
    What if you dont belong to FAcebook. You dont get the discount.
    What kind of business is that

The Sims3 is not FAcebook and Im find this not fair at all if it is true
  • Options
    heyrheyr Posts: 55
    edited November 2011
    i tired after several tries but i typed it in with CAPS LOCK on and it worked, but not enough off to make me buy
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited November 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I got the 15 percent off, but I did not get the bonus gift listed for the 40 dollar bundle - a guitar mirror and checked my purchase history at least 6 times last night. They shouldn't list the bonus gift if they are not giving it with the purchase.

Same here.