Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discount on Sim Points:

Today's News:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

There is a 15% discount offered through the 27th of November (i think), but this is a Buyer Beware deal:

You must like their Facebook page, to get the promotional coupon.

And:

The points must be purchased here, at TS3 Store.
Therefore, depending on the tax in your area the discount could equal a savings of the tax plus a few pennies. (Example: in my area that is a 6.5 cents per dollar purchased.)
~happy simming~

Comments

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2011
    That is why I like the Origin deals better, no tax.

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Tried the coupon code, but it didn't work for me, invalid code. I will try again later.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Dusty457Dusty457 Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have claimed my code from facebook but its not working i enter into the space & click apply & it comes up with this 'You have entered an invalid code.' why is it not working?
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited November 2011
    Same here, my guess is it's US only :evil:
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited November 2011
    there's a list of countries where it is supposedly valid. It won't work for me and I am in the US. It says I have already redeemed it and it can only be redeemed once
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2011
    I'm having the same problem, and I'm in the US as well.
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited November 2011
    My code didn't work either.

One hint about the ***** monday shenanigans from the facebook coupon page though:
    "On ***** Monday, November 28th, check out The Sims 3 Store’s Daily Deal page for some incredible offers! The ***** Monday Event runs through November 30th, so be sure to check back often to catch all the great deals!"
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited November 2011
    Just offer the sale at the store without going to Fartbook.Another example how EA likes messing with us.
  • Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2011
    I couldn't find where to enter the discount code and I tried twice. So I backed out (cancelled purchase). I'll save my $20 EA wallet for when Origin gives out a discount. That way I get my points tax free.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2011
    Good suggestion, Simfeetunder...

I have not tried using the code, as i purchase through Origin, as BLewis stated above.
    I will continue to purchase there, for the approximately 10$ savings (on a 160$ bundle), using the above promotion, allows EA/The Store, to realize their Treasure Hunt plus this minor discount is more than enough to keep simmers happy.
    Keeping in mind, this promotion was not offered until the very end of the Treasure Hunt.
    Although, the Treasure Hunt is old news... It was only a promotion to bring in new shoppers, in my humble opinion. Then, they turn around and offer the minor discount on points...
    Another day, another dollar...
    I would like to say, all of you trying to use the code, i hope it does work for you. Try later today, as the news was put up earlier in the day, and there may be lag between that post and the actual discount being entered at the store.
    "A penny saved..."

~happy simming~
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited November 2011
    Pfffft. Origin had sim points at SIXTY PERCENT OFF a month ago. 60%!!

15% is not even worth my time. I'll wait for the good sales.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2011
    and yet again (even if it was offered for me): Facebook ? No way, not getting an account. So, I'll pass on the Simpoints and I won't be buying anything more after my points are gone until I get them for a good deal again.

At CHF 15 for 1000 SP (which is $16 at the current Exchange rate) I won't be buying. Sorry.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited November 2011
    EDIT: I am one thick kid, sorry :P
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    and yet again (even if it was offered for me): Facebook ? No way, not getting an account. So, I'll pass on the Simpoints and I won't be buying anything more after my points are gone until I get them for a good deal again.

At CHF 15 for 1000 SP (which is $16 at the current Exchange rate) I won't be buying. Sorry.

I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not getting one either. So I guess that means I don't get the discount either, which ticks me off. Why should I have to have a stupid Facebook account to be able to get the discount too? Facebook is completely separate from EA/Sims...or should be. This is very unfair to those of us who don't have or want Facebook accounts!
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2011
    it's because they want you to join facebook and then play facebook version of sims. just another way for EA to get yo moolah
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited November 2011
    I tried the code. I contacted customer service for other reasons and also mentioned the code. they gave me a %20 discount for the sims 3 store ONLY. That code didn't work either.
    I am from the U.S. as well. >.<
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2011
    I guess this deal is full of crock! I have tried to get the 15% off, use the code and it is invalid. Went back to check the FB page and see if I did something wrong, it said I already redeemed the coupon. Wow, EA. You needed likes that bad?

I will wait on Origins. At least their codes work.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ruthsummersruthsummers Posts: 91 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Someone told me that it is the same code from last year. Wonder if that makes it invalid? Dunno. But yes, Origin is a better way to go it seems. I hope they have a rockin good sale on points again.
  • Options
    MissyRMissyR Posts: 317 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi the code worked fine for me on 2nd attempt (Im from UK)
    but had to use CAPS key on.
    So be worth trying again if you think you didnt try code in capital letters. Good luck x
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited November 2011
    The code works for me. I didn't use it, only entered it to see if it was working.... 15% is not that great a sale. Give me at least 40% or I'm not buyin!! LOL!

Can we not just post what the code is?? Or is it different for each person? How does it know if you don't have a facebook and just use a code someone gives you. Not that anyone really cares about 15%.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2011
    It seems it works in Germany. A friend bought some points.

For me it's like this:

Through this site I have to pay CHF 15 which is currently Euro 12.20
    15% would make this 12.75 CHF or Euro 10.40

No I can get points in Euro if I go through Origin (why that is beats me). So I can 1000 Sp for 10 Euro. So not worth it.

BUT I just found that one of the Stores here is having a all Sims-Products 50% off at Dez 14. I really hope that includes Simpoint cards. Cause that would be CHF 7.50 which is currently 6 Euro. Now, that is a deal.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited November 2011
    jobug1015 wrote:
    The code works for me. I didn't use it, only entered it to see if it was working.... 15% is not that great a sale. Give me at least 40% or I'm not buyin!! LOL!

Can we not just post what the code is?? Or is it different for each person? How does it know if you don't have a facebook and just use a code someone gives you. Not that anyone really cares about 15%.

Mine looks awfully generic and there's a page for me to email it to friends. I don't think this code is so secret. I've used a similar code before that has the month in it and the same wording. I am trying to get the •Always Time for Music clock bonus item, so I went for it.

I cleared the cache and tried to get past the first screen, but I kept getting kicked back. I give up. It shouldn't be this difficult.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    Jopie58Jopie58 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Akila906 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not getting one either. So I guess that means I don't get the discount either, which ticks me off. Why should I have to have a stupid Facebook account to be able to get the discount too? Facebook is completely separate from EA/Sims...or should be. This is very unfair to those of us who don't have or want Facebook accounts!

I agree with you both, i hate it when those kind of offers are made. Don't have all those accounts and i'm not planning on making them just to get a discount. EA should keep all their offers/deal's etc. here on their official site where everyone sees them and can get them. I think we go through enough hoops as it is as Simfans :roll:

P.S. How often has Origin Simpoint sales, i've never seen it :?:
  • Options
    etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited November 2011
    So I didn't know origin did sims points sales. Do you buy them there, and they get credited to your sims 3 store account and then use them in the sims 3 store like normal? If so I'd be interested in watching origin now.
  • Options
    Cbn036Cbn036 Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2011
    Why just facebook? I just deactivated facebook due to all the hacks and security issues it has. Why are they forcing us now to use facebook? This discount should be offered to all of the Sims players whether they are on facebook or not. I have been playing Sims since Sims 1 so why does my loyalty not mean just as much as the new players that like facebook? If this is the trend of Sims 3, I guess I'm going to have to find another form of entertainment. There is no other way to get this discount?????? Why not through the Sims store? :cry:
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2011
    I agree, I am not joining facebook to get a 15% off code. You will have to do better than that ea, if it was a 90% off code I might think about it. :lol: