The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2011
    Desirai wrote:
    Ooooookay.. new glitch. My sim is in the stylist profession, and a HORSE just asked to have new facial hair

I just came here to see if anyone had reported this...I have a cat that wants a new pair of shoes...It's my stylist's first day of work...hmm if this is going to keep happening, I'm thinking she's going to be an author instead. lol
  • Options
    ladyceoluraladyceolura Posts: 96 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I think I found a bug. My gates are randomly clickable and unclickable. So sometimes I can lock them and sometimes I can't.
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Trufan1 wrote:
    Desirai wrote:
    Ooooookay.. new glitch. My sim is in the stylist profession, and a HORSE just asked to have new facial hair

I just came here to see if anyone had reported this...I have a cat that wants a new pair of shoes...It's my stylist's first day of work...hmm if this is going to keep happening, I'm thinking she's going to be an author instead. lol

A real p u 🐸🐸🐸🐸 n boots in the sims huh?

Edit: Why did it censor out p u 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
  • Options
    AnimastarAnimastar Posts: 342 Member
    edited October 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Edit: Why did it censor out p u 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

Because it's slang for lady parts.

Anywho, the sim stretching glitch is back, happened to me when my child sim was trying to pet a raccoon

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ShazamiShazami Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hiya! firstly THANK YOU for helping gamers with problems with TS3 pets!what do you mean about the graphics card? do you mean that it needs a backup card or something? i ddont have any mods and i have never taken mods out of the game as i have none. my problem with the game is that on my laptop the pets are glitched or something so that they have gaps in them and there eyes are popped out of there heads and on my computer whenever i try to make a dog cat or horse in create a pet and play a family with pets, the screen starts flashing and i can't click on anything!the EPs that i own are high end loft stuff and ambitions. the game version i own is 1.26.89.013002. the town i tryed to play on is appoloosa plains and i started a new game. my oparating system for my computer is windows XP and i dont know the rest. :D
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2011
    @develishfae: Try this: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-game-to-factory.html to see if it gets your music back. Is it just the ice cream truck ?

You might also want to check if your sound card drivers are up-to-date

@radiantbliss: That is an older issue that I've been seeing many times in my own game. For me, restarting always worked. Maybe in your case the family is glitched somehow. Try moving it out and back in.

@kelssavanna: What's your basic Computer specs ?

@Scyl: I've added a link to your post to the problem

@celebwhiz: All I have on the hunting issue is on the first page. As for your hospital: Is it just the rabbit hole or the whole lot ? Just in the Overview or completely ? Could you summarize your issues from the mac forum (except if you have horse freezing issues). Makes life a little easier for me.

@ciane: Did you check if those slider mods are updated ? If not, remove and check if it's still doing that.

@JoieDeVivre: I've already added 2-4. 1 is probably not a bug cause horses do have hidden hygiene bars. I add 5

@Mpain_13: Need to refer you to technical. That's all I have on the issue: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html

Your specs are ok, but I'm unsure about your graphic cards. Someone in tech will need to help you with that.

@FinalFantasy: I'll add that to the list of objects that do that. Thanks. The bug is on the list. I wonder if all Store tubs do that.

@catloverplayer: That chip is on the list of problematic ones. Would be great if you could test it on your own computer. Did you try moving the household out and back in ?

@Satellite_Skin: Problem solved, I guess

@NotSoLucky: Here's something that I found a back in May. It might help with this issue as well: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/375178.page

@Scyl: Glad you got it sorted :)

@Oilbasedoleander: Hunting skill is on the first page. Do you have any mods in your game ? Do you have the spell book

@smjjames: I've added that bug (I think, needs double checking). Thanks for confirming. Did you try replacing the house as I suggested the other person that reported ?

@JessLol: Can't help you without your specs. Also check this post: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html

@MUM2ASH: That bug is on the list. Moving it up to the second post though.

@RampionRampage: Glad you got it fixed

@felineaggression: That has been an issue with maids and butler for toddlers as well. They are just so tidy. Sorry, have no solution

@vayleen: So it's all Store tubs ? I'll move that bug up to the second post

<to be continued>

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2011
    @YAMMM7: Thanks for getting back to me. I'm guessing that probably cause of wild horses spawned.

@Checksky3: Maybe a stuck sim. I think I gave you the link with the lags/freezing issues before. Really all I have.

@simply23: Can't really remember what your issue was but glad you got it sorted.

@Simfreak99: Check the second post. It seems you also need to delete the cache files and maybe even take some extra measures. Should all be in that post.

@itszkiddo: I guess you need to reinstall. Since you're on a mac, can't really help.

@stellamayfair79: Try the steps provided by scyl. It's linked in the second post as solution to the bug.

@Zoan: Yes, that is on the list

@bootsycannibal: There's a crashing thread linked in the first post. Please post there.

@ZeekSlider: I'll add

@smjjames: I'll add that

@ladyceolura: Please answer the questions on the first page. Especially the new game/old game ones. Does replacing the gates help at all ?

@Animastar: I'll add your pic to the issue

@Shazami:
    1. Start Run
    2. Type DxDiag
    and check the second tab for your graphic card info.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2011
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    My pets are not deformed, but their fur appears all weird if advanced renduring is turned off. How can i keep advanced renduring turned off YET still have good fur? I need to change the graphics rules but there are none in the pets folder. I changed the graphics rules in my other folders for the good terrain while having AR off and so far its gone well. now i need it for the pets fur.

The only way to get rid of it is to turn AR on, but where are the graphics rules so that i dont have to do that.

May I use the pic for my blog ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LendyyenLendyyen Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My puppy became distorted when he decided to growl at the mail person. This bug seems similar to the one toddlers suffered when watching tv and chatting before they learned how to talk. This is the only time I have noticed any distortion so far. He reverted to normal when the action ended/canceled.

Also, my adult dogs sometimes run through walls when they are "running around".

I have no mods atm and have all eps and sps. This is in my new experimental pets neighborhood.
  • Options
    JoieDeVivreJoieDeVivre Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I can't find the short list of these so if you already have it, count this as confirmation.
    1. Are you using any CC or mods ? No.
    2. Are you using core mods like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No.
    3. Did you take out mods for the EP? Yes.
    4. What EPs do you own? All.
    5. Patch level of base game: 1.26.89.13
    6. Computer info: Quad core 2.33 each, 8G RAM, Win 7, AMD 68-something
    7. Did you start a new game for Pets? Yes
    8. What town are you playing? EA App. Plains

*** Male pets that are adopted or purchased retain their last name 'Horse or Dog' instead of changing to the family name of the Sim household as the females do.

*** Hidden hygiene makes sense, but the moodlet appearing next to bars that don't correlate doesn't seem correct.

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg
  • Options
    panicnicpanicnic Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    My cat played in the bath, and now she's stuck in the ocean and getting very unhappy - any ideas how to get her back?
  • Options
    vayleenvayleen Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @vayleen: So it's all Store tubs ? I'll move that bug up to the second post

Every Store bathtub I have anyway, and I have quite a few.

I went ahead and created a new Windows user on my computer to test for the glitch in completely clean and mod-free User Files. I installed one of the Store bathtubs I own, the Water Wonderland Bathtub. Unfortunately it still occurred - the cat tried to play in a Store bathtub and appeared off the end of the World map. I really don't want to resort to a clean reinstall, but I can't think of anything else to do. I hope you have another idea.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    panicnic wrote:
    My cat played in the bath, and now she's stuck in the ocean and getting very unhappy - any ideas how to get her back?

Try this
    ctrl+shift+c
    type in: testingcheatsenabled true
    hit enter
    ctrl+shift+c again
    type in: resetsim cat's first and last name

I don't know if it works on pets, but give it a try.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @Lendyyen: There seem several interactions that cause distortion. I'll add yours to the bug. I have the dogs-through-wall bug for eating. I'll add your report to that.

@JoieDeVivre: Why shouldn't get a positive when brushed or bathed. Sorry if I'm not understanding here what you are saying but I'm a little unsure about this. What do you mean by 'dingy' buff and why can't horses smell. I'll add the other bug.

@panicnic: Try what ldmarko said although you should not need to do the testingcheats part. Resetsim work on it's own.

@vayleen: It's a bug I'm sure. You don't have to reinstall or anything. EA has to fix the store stuff. Did you download the Store Patch though ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    beckles123beckles123 Posts: 679 Member
    edited October 2011
    1. only CC but not much only like 1 or 2hairstyles and a few clothes
    2. not useing any mods did have the pose player but deleated it
    3. i took them out
    4. all ep's
    5. 10.0.96.013001

issues
    1. when teaching dogs to hunt my sim can be teaching for hours and the skill bar stays at the bottom and the dogs dont learn

2. when horses are learning speed at 1 and a half skill levle they no longer learn the skill no matter how lon they train for or gallop ect.

3. game freazes

4. game crashes

5. extreamley slow loading time (sometimes it will be at the end of the loading bar and it will stop loading)
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Let me start by saying, even though I know there are a few bugs, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU EA for giving us pets, and especially horses!

INFO:

1. No CC or mods.

2. N/A

3. I took mods out for the EP (twallan's decensor, pose player)

4. I own all EP's and all stuff packs

5. Game version 1.26.89.013001

6. Intel Core i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz (3.1 GHz with turbo boost, 6 MB cache), 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460M, Windows 7 64 bit

7. New game.

8. Appaloosa Plains

PROBLEMS:

In Create a Horse, the advanced option of rump size doesn't seem to do anything. I looked from several angles and could tell no difference from one end of the slider to the other.

Also, I made my horse's eyes a custom color, both the same, and they look like black holes in game. It's kind of creepy!

**I will try to get pics of at least the eyes. Maybe I can capture a video of the rump thing??

**Thanks so much for starting this bug thread and helping out! :)

*(edited for clarification)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    1 & 2 are on the list
    3 - 5 are technical issues. Please post them with your DxDiag in technical.

@Sherry1968: Did you delete your cache files as well and do you have advanced rendering on ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I'm posting again. Do you need all those stats each time?

The dog is back to chewing her bone properly without any change in settings, just a reload of the game (not even cache deletions, but I did install some pet incentives items like food dish and sofa so that may have reset something).

Another glitch is kids and the school bus. If they are doing something like walking the dog, I've gotten the school option (meet or talk to new friends) instead of the school bus icon in the queue. The child will then ride the bicycle to school instead of hopping on the bus that is there and waiting.

Also, if they are already downtown, playing in the sand at the swim center or shopping in book store, they will attempt to run all the way home to get on the bus instead of going to the school right next to them because they get a school bus icon in their queue instead of the school work options.

I have also noticed while playing the Shues in Hidden Springs before Pets that the school bus will wait after school for all the kids even if they go somewhere after school like the swim center because the school bus icon appears in all their queues even if something else was already queued first. I had two teens come home with their child sibling on the same bus whan they should have been home an hour earlier. So this might not be a pet glitch.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    1 & 2 are on the list
    3 - 5 are technical issues. Please post them with your DxDiag in technical.

@Sherry1968: Did you delete your cache files as well and do you have advanced rendering on ?

I did not try deleting the cache files yet, I will try that now. All of my graphics are maxed out, and advanced rendering is on.
  • Options
    LadyLovageLadyLovage Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Well, SIMS 3 Pets keeps freezing (a little when I just started the game) but ever since I adopted a kitten it's ridiculous. It freezes every few seconds to every 30 seconds and stays frozen for up to 30 seconds at a time. It's extremely upsetting. This is a Vanilla game. No mods, nothing added or changed. Just downloaded origin upon setting up the game, as well. Everything is up to date as of Tuesday night.

Horse was stuck in the house, too. Alarm went off from robber breaking in, all animals (I have two cats and one horse) came into the home and the horse could not get back out the door. Had to go into build mode and take out a wall for the horse to be able to get back outside.

Games runs fabulously once my SIM enters the World Adventures and goes to France, or Egypt or China. Just will not run in Pets at all.

Will patches be coming out very soon to fix these issues? It's useless to play otherwise. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited October 2011
    1. Are you using any CC or mods ?
    ~ NO

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    ~ N/A

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    ~ NO

4. What EPs do you own
    ~ All. I'll be able to download Pets on the 21st (as I live in the UK)

5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. I need the version of your base game. You find it in your launcher when you hover over the base game icon. I need the one that starts with 1.xx
    ~ 9.0.73.012001

6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …)
    ~ AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B
    Quad-Core Processor
    2.30 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM
    Microsoft Windows XP Pro
    Version 2002
    Service pack 3
    ATI Radeon HD 5570 Graphics card

7. Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones
    ~ N/A

8. What town are you playing ? EA or Custom ?
    ~ EA towns

My problem: I can't even update my game at all. When I try to apply the latest patch, it comes up with an error message: "Update Error: Invalid File Found"

I'm not the only one with this problem, it seems. I'm just wondering what to do about fixing it.

Thanks.

Crinrict ~ I just wanted to let you know the outcome of all this. I was finally able to get Pets sorted out. Turns out that somehow I had 2 Origin accounts (how I managed that, I don't know!). Then my launcher STILL wouldn't update - complaining about an invalid file, so I uninstalled the lot and am in the process of installing it all again. I had to speak to another EA employee on live chat to find my Pets game, but managed to find it in the end, which was good.

I've installed Pets and tested it and it all seems to run fine yays!! Thank you so much for your support, even though you couldn't do or offer much, just being understanding was helpful. Thanks!

<3 Neashaleigh ~
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    IomaiIomai Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2011
    Alright so i just bought the game and when i try to load a new game or family already saved it just keeps loading and loading... I was staring at the dialog box where they give hints and tips for about 30 minutes (The dialog changes so i know its loading). My computer meets and exceeds the requirements. I just want to know why it won't load with Pets installed but without it, it loads perfectly well. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited October 2011
    No mods.
    Custom content: A few hairstyles and patterns (around 5 in total).
    I am up to date on all patches, I have all EPs and SPs including lots of EA store content. Yes I have the spellbook.
    I do not have Hidden Springs so I do not own The Fountain of Youth.
    However, I want to use my spellbook in my game WITH my pets game (items I paid good money for). I should not have to download from a guy making these mods in his spare time (no offense Twallan, I'm glad your being sweet and trying to fix a big companies mistakes) but it shouldn't be his job to fix these sort of big time glitches that actually EFFECT the gameplay. I understand wonkie looking sims and crashing due to poor performing graphics cards and bad CC. But not being able to learn skills is something completely different and makes the game unable to play.
    So I ask again, EA, may we please have a patch or at least make a game that runs better than 'oh crap not again'? :roll:

Also, my cat when it plays in a store-bought tub (zen again tub) teleports to the edge of the map. I have to save the family, move them out, and reset, then find another bathtub, easily fixed but shame you can't use the content you paid for :/
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @ciane: Have your info. Thanks.

I'll add the bus issue, glad you got the other one sorted.

@LadyLovage: Please post your system Specs

@Neashaleigh: Glad you got it sorted out

@Iomai: Please provide the info asked in the first post.

@Oilbasedoleander: Both issues are on the list. That's all I can do atm.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I need some extra info on the following issues:

Pets teleporting to the edge of the map when using a store bought bathtub
    - Are there ANY store tubs that DON'T have the issue ?
    - Do you guys all have the Store patch ?

Blocky/strange looking fur
    - Whos pic can I use for my blog (credit will be given)
    - Do you guys have advanced rendering on ?
    - Is it only the fur or do you have other graphical issues ?
    - What is your graphic card and are your drivers up-to-date ?

Bulgy eyes and see-through animals
    - Whos pic can I use for my blog (credit will be given)
    - Do you guys have advanced rendering on ?
    - Is it only the fur or do you have other graphical issues ?
    - What is your graphic card and are your drivers up-to-date ?

Strecky animals when using certain interactions
    - Which interactions cause strecky animals ?
    - Are the animals little owns or grown ?
    - Are toddlers involved as well ?
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top