The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unicorn Name List/Spooky Names--592+ names (and counting!)

Comments

• Options
    prestonmeeksprestonmeeks Posts: 586 New Member
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    you should add....
    Male:
    Shah(Arabic for king)
    Sham ( Arabic for literally sun)
    Aero
    Female:
    Fiddat(Arabic for silver)
    Aasifa ( Arabic for storm)
    Amber Dancer
    Fire Star
    The last two, no; they’re too close to the “Twilight Sparkle” category. But all the rest I will certainly add!

Cool avitar! :D
    Me or XxAkiraXx1?

If it’s me, thanks! Her names is Tianna Dewfleur. I hope to have a pretty good legacy with her and her twin brother Aelfdane. She’s suppose to be a fairy. Maybe, one day, if we get some pointy ear sliders, I can make elves and fairies again.

I miss pointy ears. :x *cries* I WANT POINTY EARS WITHOUT CORE MOD CHANGES OR CC ACCESSORIES!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! :cry:
    it is you
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    also for you charmed tv show fans as soon as i get pets they will get a unicorn. also Prue will also be living in the new update. if you have not seen i have two uploded house holds of charmed. in both prue is a ghost/dead.
  • Options
    katara4216katara4216 Posts: 368 Member
    edited September 2011
    katara4216 wrote:
    Can you add these to the list too?

* FAUN means cloud in Elvish.
    * FUIN means darkness in Elvish
    * SIGIL means dagger in Elvish
    * LOR means dream in Elvish
    * ADUIAL means evening in Elvish
    * AMBAR means fate in Elvish
    * LHACH means flame in Elvish
    * ROS means foam in Elvish
    * MELLON means friend in Elvish
    * LAURINA means golden in Elvish
    * ORE means heart in Elvish
    * MENEL means heaven in Elvish
    * DEL means horror in Elvish
    * HELEG means ice in Elvish
    * Mîr means Jewel in Elvish
    * HIRIL means lady in Elvish
    * ARAN means king in Elvish
    * GALAD means light in Elvish
    * ITHIL means moon in Elvish
    * ROSS means rain in Elvish
    * DAE means shadow in Elvish
    * LAER means song in Elvish
    * ELEN means star in Elvish
    * ANOR means sun in Elvish

Well, I prefer the name ROS or ELEN...
    katara you came. great! also i like those names.

thanks, I am a huge fan of LOTR, AC and Sims so I wanted to add some Elvish names...
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    katara4216 wrote:
    katara4216 wrote:

katara you came. great! also i like those names.

thanks, I am a huge fan of LOTR, AC and Sims so I wanted to add some Elvish names...
    what do you think a ghost unicorn will look like?
  • Options
    iheartjackieiheartjackie Posts: 955 New Member
    edited September 2011

Pink and sparkly.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    katara4216 wrote:

Cool! They're all LotR, right? I just want to make sure because there's, like, thirty different Elvishes out there and I want to make sure I get the right one.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Wrenry wrote:
    Thanks for the link to your Spooky names.
    There's a good looking Skeletal Pattern Simway showed on a dog and horse so your list will really be helpful in picking the right name.

GASP! REAL LIVE SKELEANIMALS!

I want skeleton pets! I'm name the dog Bonez, the horse Skully, and the cat Femur the Feline. *squeel* Can't wait! *Pleasebepresetpleasebepresetpleasebepreset!*
  • Options
    XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 2011
    katara4216 wrote:

Great names!
  • Options
    gogirl1998gogirl1998 Posts: 975 New Member
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    Umm not really Fire Star is a dragon book name and Amber Dancer comes from a real horse..but thanks
    Well, no, that’s not what I meant. I meant that the names are whimsical and have no real meaning pertaining to unicorns, like Twilight Sparkle. I mean, that name is just the juxtaposition of two random words that sound pretty together, and anything can be named that. That can be a fairy’s name or a magical spell or a crappy Stephanie Meyers’ book.

:lol::lol::lol: I dislike twilight so much. Why? Hardcore-goes-to-the-midnight-premiere-of-DHP2 Harry Potter book AND movie fan.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    Umm not really Fire Star is a dragon book name and Amber Dancer comes from a real horse..but thanks
    Well, no, that’s not what I meant. I meant that the names are whimsical and have no real meaning pertaining to unicorns, like Twilight Sparkle. I mean, that name is just the juxtaposition of two random words that sound pretty together, and anything can be named that. That can be a fairy’s name or a magical spell or a crappy Stephanie Meyers’ book.

A name with meaning, like Fiddat, is much more appropriate for this list. How many people would come up with the name Fiddat compared to Twilight Sparkle or Charlie or Mr. McSprinklebuhm? Not many, and that’s the point of the list. I know some people will name their Unicorns Pink’ems or TwinkleTwinkleShine, but I’m hoping this list will give people more perspective on naming their Unicorns and Sims, and perhaps give them a larger repertoire for names rather than having the same twenty
    names per family. Dig it?

I understand yeah sure you want exotic names but who wouldn't want to be named after a fiery dragon or a famous horse. You could have a gold unicorn with that name not saying that there will be. How the heck could that be a fairies name? O.o that would be weird. LOL thats funny, and yes perspective is key and I love the names but I saw no legit reason for amber dancer or fire star being bad names. Yea sure but at least its not sparkle or confetti or something dumb. I don't see how twilight even made it into this convo haha. But when I see some cool names that aren't just rare but unique I'll put them out there.

• Options
    edited September 2011

Pink and sparkly.
    seeing that the names can not be names like sparkie, a pink and sparkly ghost sounds kind of stupid.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    katara4216 wrote:

Cool! They're all LotR, right? I just want to make sure because there's, like, thirty different Elvishes out there and I want to make sure I get the right one.
    Jackie, katara has said that
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Jackie, katara has said that[/quote]

I just want to make sure because she mentioned some other thing. SA or something. I just want to be perfectly clear on which Elvish it is to I can say it's from LotR rather than just "Elvish".

Hopefully those will be up tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Pink and sparkly.
    seeing that the names can not be names like sparkie, a pink and sparkly ghost sounds kind of stupid.

I was kidding because people are making a big deal about them being "girly". Plus, when they run, they have a RAINBOW trailing them! Why not pink and sparkly? :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    I understand yeah sure you want exotic names but who wouldn't want to be named after a fiery dragon or a famous horse. You could have a gold unicorn with that name not saying that there will be. How the heck could that be a fairies name? O.o that would be weird. LOL thats funny, and yes perspective is key and I love the names but I saw no legit reason for amber dancer or fire star being bad names. Yea sure but at least its not sparkle or confetti or something dumb. I don't see how twilight even made it into this convo haha. But when I see some cool names that aren't just rare but unique I'll put them out there.
    They aren’t bad names, I just don’t want to random words on the list. If I open the door to Fire Starter or Amber Dancer, why not add Silver Hooves or Whitemane or Shinning Horse or Rainbow Dash or White Horsie? That’s not the point of the list. The point of the list it to have REAL, ESTABLISHED names, not necessarily exotic, like Susan or Albus, that aren’t two words stuck together like Twilight Sparkle which is what Fire Starter and Amber Dancer is.

Plus, these names must also be usable for a Sim. Would you name your average Simmer name their average Sim Fire Starter? No, not really. Would they name them Lilly or Alian. Probably. Beside, Fire Starter is a name a seven year old would come up with for a Unicorn, probably like this:

“Hmmm, Unicorns can start fires. Start fires, start fires…hmm…start fires….OH! I know! I’ll name it FIRE STARTER! I are clever!”

And I don’t care if it’s a real horse’s name. Amber Dancer has nothing to do with unicorn. Silver is on there because unicorns are sometimes portrayed with silver hooves and horn, and Hidalgo is on there because it means “royalty” or something as back in the day, a only the very rich, like nobility, could purchase “unicorn horn”.

Get it? Established names, yes-yes. Two words stuck together, no-no.

Sorry, but I thought I got that point across when I said no names like “Twilight Sparkle” on the first post. I hope I don’t sound too mean (I was actually trying to be a little funny in a teasing sort of way), but you get the point now, right?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    gogirl1998 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: I dislike twilight so much. Why? Hardcore-goes-to-the-midnight-premiere-of-DHP2 Harry Potter book AND movie fan.
    I’ve actual read all the Twilight books plus Stephanie Meyer‘s other book, The Host.

They don’t deserve the attention they’ve gotten.

I don’t like them because the characters are completely static, they don’t grow or mature throughout the whole series, and many of the characters aren‘t realistic in the least. (Edward Cullen: the 117 year old virgin teenage vampire that wanted to wait until he was married to have sex? HA! HAHAHAHA! Not even the Pope is that dedicated!) Plus, Meyer’s writing is like she randomly pulled words out of a thesaurus because she was using the word “cool” too much; a teenager’s vocabulary isn’t that extensive, even if it’s a “mature for its age”. Unless Bella has studied literature and read the dictionary, there was no excuse for half of the words haphazardly used in that book.

But I could have forgive all of that if it weren’t for the fact that The Host is the same exact story line like Twilight but with aliens. There’s a newly moved-in girl, the girl meets a boy, another girl comes into the picture along with another boy who want the girl, and everyone ends up happily ever-after with their own screw-buddy.

BTW, Harry Potter is a great series. I love them since I was a kid. I like how J.K. Rowling’s writing changed and matured as the books progressed, too, from light, kid‘s writing to dark, young adult drama. It was like watching a flower bloom.

However, Albus Serverus? :| Lol. I kid. I’d like to think him and Scorpius hit it off and became Best Friends for Life because of their fathers‘ name choices.

And then half of the character’s died. *sobs* I’m still choked up about most, even Voldemort.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Pink and sparkly.

I was kidding because people are making a big deal about them being "girly". Plus, when they run, they have a RAINBOW trailing them! Why not pink and sparkly? :lol:
    rainbows? how?
  • Options
    katara4216katara4216 Posts: 368 Member
    edited September 2011
    http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/eng_to_elv.html I used this site and I think they are correct because I knew some names from the list before...
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    katara4216 wrote:
    http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/eng_to_elv.html I used this site and I think they are correct because I knew some names from the list before...
    ok...
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2011
    Trying to find some love for X,Y, and Z:

Xola (f/m): African-Stay in peace

Yahaira (f): Spanish-To light, to shine

Yasunari (m): Japanese-To become peaceful

Yasuo (m): Japanese-Peaceful one

Yasu (f/m): Japanese-Calm

Yimeyam (f/m): Native American- Bright

Yuuki (m): Japanese-Gentle hope

Yuna (f): Japanese-Kindness

Zahar (m): Arabic-Shine, sparkle, bloom

Zain (m): Arabic-Handsome

Zakiya (m): Hebrew-Pure,clear,bright

Zayn (f/m): Arabic-Beautiful

Zohar (m): Hebrew-Light, brilliance

Zulema (f): Hebrew-Peaceful

Zephyra (f): Greek-Strong wind

Zene (f/m): African-Beautiful

Not much success for poor X it looks like.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    nice names wrenry :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    They aren’t bad names, I just don’t want to random words on the list. If I open the door to Fire Starter or Amber Dancer, why not add Silver Hooves or Whitemane or Shinning Horse or Rainbow Dash or White Horsie? That’s not the point of the list. The point of the list it to have REAL, ESTABLISHED names, not necessarily exotic, like Susan or Albus, that aren’t two words stuck together like Twilight Sparkle which is what Fire Starter and Amber Dancer is.

Plus, these names must also be usable for a Sim. Would you name your average Simmer name their average Sim Fire Starter? No, not really. Would they name them Lilly or Alian. Probably. Beside, Fire Starter is a name a seven year old would come up with for a Unicorn, probably like this:

“Hmmm, Unicorns can start fires. Start fires, start fires…hmm…start fires….OH! I know! I’ll name it FIRE STARTER! I are clever!”

And I don’t care if it’s a real horse’s name. Amber Dancer has nothing to do with unicorn. Silver is on there because unicorns are sometimes portrayed with silver hooves and horn, and Hidalgo is on there because it means “royalty” or something as back in the day, a only the very rich, like nobility, could purchase “unicorn horn”.

Get it? Established names, yes-yes. Two words stuck together, no-no.

Sorry, but I thought I got that point across when I said no names like “Twilight Sparkle” on the first post. I hope I don’t sound too mean (I was actually trying to be a little funny in a teasing sort of way), but you get the point now, right?

Of course I get it I just said I did. No you don't sound mean and yes I get your point. But you just said silver but not silver hooves thats kinda funny. Plus, I said if I see any cool names that haven't already been put up there I'll write it
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Great job Wrenry and katara4216! I’ll delay the update of the list so I can add all those names in.
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    Of course I get it I just said I did. No you don't sound mean and yes I get your point. But you just said silver but not silver hooves thats kinda funny. Plus, I said if I see any cool names that haven't already been put up there I'll write it
    I know a guy named Sylver (or as he likes it, Sylv blablabla whatever >< like I care), and there are surnames like Silverman and Silverson and just plan Silver. There is also a pre-made Sim in Twinbrooks named Silver Racket, so Silver is on the list. It’s a real name, unlike Silver Hooves, Amber Dancer, whatever. I wouldn't describe it funny in the least.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Racket

http://www.babynames.com/name/SILVER

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Silver

http://nameberry.com/babyname/Silver
    http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Silver.html
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Great job Wrenry and katara4216! I’ll delay the update of the list so I can add all those names in.
    XxAkiraXx1 wrote:
    I know a guy named Sylver (or as he likes it, Sylv blablabla whatever >< like I care), and there are surnames like Silverman and Silverson and just plan Silver. There is also a pre-made Sim in Twinbrooks named Silver Racket, so Silver is on the list. It’s a real name, unlike Silver Hooves, Amber Dancer, whatever. I wouldn't describe it funny in the least.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Racket

http://www.babynames.com/name/SILVER

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Silver
    http://nameberry.com/babyname/Silver
    http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Silver.html

Yeah sure but lol there isn't a huge difference unicorn name wise with silver and silver hooves :D thats pretty cool yea and I know of a friend whos last name is silva too. Amber dancer is a real horses name so lol thats true its just not true for a person is all.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Yaaaaaay! Almost six hundred! Awesome and stuff.