Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Bear. Updated for Showtime. Link on First page.

JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
greatbearthreadopeningp.jpg

It`s taken eight months, so, here is Great Bear.
You may need to refresh the page for all the pics to show.

World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Pets required.
I used the gas pumps from the Fast Lane Stuff Pack. No other Stuff Pack items were used. The only store content present in Great Bear is the Three Lakes Set (I used items from that set on only these three lots, Big Dan`s Cabin/Grizzly Joe`s and Pine Crest Lake).
I used some items from the Ford Prius set and a few items from other various free store sets. Check out Walden`s guide to free store sets over at the General Discussion forum.

There are three versions of Great Bear available. One contains a campsite lot designated as a Hangout, another has the campsite designated as Base Camp (for those using the Traveler mod), the latest is a Showtime updated version with Showtime venues added.
Great Bear with campsite as Hangout version. Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pbd3j5bt2vriuok
Great Bear with campsite as Base Camp version. Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?52n0cafcrc1khci
Link to Great Bear (Hangout version) at the Exchange:
http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5182185
Link to Showtime updated version of Great Bear. Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbbvcbwbz933xhv

Information:
Large World (No non EA CC, was used).
Unpopulated.
118 lots
50 Community Lots (6 Empty Lots for further expansion)
All rabbithole lots are present.
There is no nectary in Great Bear (wine can be purchased at the Consignment Store).

68 Residential Lots (includes 33 Pre-built Lots/35 Empty Lots)
Most lot sizes are included (from 20x20 to 64x64). Most lot sizes are World Editor compatible. There are 3 64x64 lots and a 60x60 (all are legacy priced).
All but one lot contains at least one crib (the lot that does not contain a crib mentions so in it`s description).
There are no apartment buildings in Great Bear.

Base game spawners are present in Great Bear.
The river that runs through Great Bear is designated as freshwater. Your sims will be able to fish for freshwater fish along it`s banks. There are no saltwater/ocean fish spawners in Great Bear.

When you start playing Great Bear, may I suggest you Save early on, then go to Main Menu, then re-enter your game. This allows the fog emitters to act as designated.
There are many trees in Great Bear (not as many as I wanted to use), so this may or may not be a factor to be considered if you chose to download.

A brief description of Great Bear:
Great Bear (altitude 4,012 feet/1,223 metres) was established in 1880 on the banks of the Lazy Elk River, near the US/Canadian border. Over the years, it`s location made it a popular town for hikers and walkers keen to explore it`s surrounding mountains and forested wilderness. The Buck Falls area was designated a National Forest Park in 1974 and remains a popular recreation area with locals and tourists alike.

The rest is up to you...

A special round of applause for these wonderful, helpful people:
Rflong (she`s the best), Auntielynds, Rukaya, Pary, Tangie, DutchySim, Writin_reg, Conorsim, Simsample, BSIRegina, Summersong86, Dolldrms (DD, we miss you, get well soon) and MrCrumplebottom. To everyone that supported me through Great Bear, thank you so, so much. Here are some more pictures from Great Bear before I go all Gwyneth Paltrow :wink:

greatbear1.jpg

greatbear2.jpg

greatbear3.jpg

greatbear4.jpg

greatbear5.jpg

frommuleridge.jpg

greatbear7.jpg

greatbear8.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited August 2011
    :)Wow i like it.Another great one. :thumbup:
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2011
    So this is what you've been holding out on us? :lol:

Amazingly enough, it rather closely resembles the Big Bear area just northeast of Los Angeles. :shock:
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow, Johnny! Awesome job on the sculpting. I love the way this world looks, it's beautiful.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2011
    Doc I also saw those pics and my mind instantly went to the Great Northwest part of the USA.

Just wonderful Johnny Wr and I so look forward to this - all that beauty and nature and a large map with no big city - Hallaleuyah and raise the flag. I am so tired of worlds with big downtowns and high rises I could spit. I swear every decent world I have tried lately had those dreaded high rises. I felt like I was strangulating. I found myself sing "Don't Fence me In" (and I don't sing- hehehe). But I looked at this and boy I felt liberated - I felt air coming back to my lungs - and a strange enticing want to jump right through my pc screen. I... WILLLLL.... be waiting with baited breath and total anticipation......

Just beautiful.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks H and Doc.
    There are Big Bears and there are Great Bears :wink:
    I`m always nervous about starting a thread for a world. I feel a bit vulnerable and exposed, like a baby in a forest.
    Or something like that? :?

Edit. Thanks also, DM and Reg. Can I join in the singalong? Thank you both very much.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2011
    Johnny, you would not believe the grin on my face when I stumbled into CAW and saw Great Bear staring at me in the face. But, gah, finally, it's up it's up it's up!!!

*ahem*

Anyway ... the last picture just ... wow. The sculpting and painting is just flawless - I love how it matches the distant terrain so well (I know you were having a bit of bother with that, but never mind now!!)

I'm just so thrilled for you. I know - I think everyone does - that you've been working on this for aaaages and from what I see, it's paying off, Johnny, it's paying off!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Conor.
    I`m still working on the bathing rock pool. I made one for Mariners Reach, but it was so silent, so now sims can swim in the rock pool with the sound of the waterfall. The trees are just test trees, the tree layer will be deleted and I will add the final trees towards the end. It will be heavily forested, at least in the wilderness areas.
    I`m mostly working on lots at the moment, just lot after lot, but I`m not at the weary stage yet :wink:
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2011
    It looks absolutely beautiful, Johnnywr. Your work is amazing. And that bathing rock pool in Mariner's Reach was one of my favorite lots; adding a waterfall is a great idea!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited August 2011
    WOW! Johnny your mountains look absolutely stunning. EA should hire you!
    I can't wait to see how this world progresses and to see it ingame myself.
    Great job like always :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thank you very much HS3 (I hope you don`t mind me calling you that, just call me Johnny). Yeah, I liked the Mariners Reach bathing pool, but it seemed a bit, um, lifeless. I`m much happier with the rock pool in Great Bear, the waterfall adds the sounds of water and just feels more like a mountain rock pool. There is a fishing spot in a small lake above the rock pool, so sims can fish at the top of the cliff then walk down to the rock pool for a swim afterwards. There are a few lakes in Great Bear. Anti-fishing simmers are gonna hate Great Bear :?

DutchySim, glad you like it so far. Nah, I`m just like a lot of people and I am in awe of some other CAW users mountain making abilities. I never look at my mountains and think "That`s good!". I start off with a flat map and somehow, eventually, there are mountains. I`m usually none the wiser as to how they got there. I think it was me? :wink:
    I`ll be working away at it, so hopefully in the none too distant future you will be able to take a closer look at Great Bear.
    Now that makes me a wee bit scared :?
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have been eyeing your signature for months! I am really, really excited for this world! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2011
    Great Bear looks to be a fine addition to Johnnywr worlds. :D The sculpting looks awesome and hearing you say you are building lots is music to my ears. I love the way you did that carport look in the second pic, or third pic, if one counts the intro pic.

Thanks for sharing a little bit of you are working on, Johnny. I'm sure that I am not alone in hoping for regular updates. :lol:
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited August 2011
    I just thought of this, Great Bear and Pets expansion will be EPICEPICEPIC. It would fit in PERFECTLY to see deer running around and stuff!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2011
    I can understand your apprehension over starting a thread to show off your work Johnny, it can sometimes be nerve-wracking sharing your personal creations, especially when so much work goes into them. However, your work is always of such high quality and it shows, even at a glance, how much care and effort you put into your worlds.
    I've been waiting for this one ever since I saw your new signature which left me wondering if it were a new one you were working on and then was confirmed by one of your replies I saw in a thread.
    So far it looks marvelous - serene, beautiful and rural. I love rural worlds. Your sculpting is fantastic, I'll be very much looking forward to playing this one.

My favourite lot in MR is also the Blossom Grotto bathing pool. I love that.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2011
    awsome work so far as always
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks TinTinnerson, DD, Pary and SmartTrek.
    I think I have all the rabbithole lots done and pretty much all the gyms, art galleries, fire stations etc. I think there will be at least five bars in town (three are completed, a sports bar, disco club and dive bar), I just have to finish the dance club, another dive bar and a possible exclusive lounge(?).
    I`m not keen on anything exclusive, so that`s definately a maybe at this point.

Although Great Bear may seem like a quiet mountain town, I want there to be a nice choice of bars "downtown". I have been testing as I go along, and whenever I add a non celebrity single sim to test a lot, the first three to five sims he/she meets are paparazzi. Urghh! Can you find sim pepper spray in buydebug? 8)
  • Options
    doublemedion694doublemedion694 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Your world is quite frankly fantastic :D

Its mountains are so amazingly sculpted that I'm thoroughly jealous! And the atmosphere is already so appealing. This has shot up to be my most eagerly anticipated WIP :wink:
  • Options
    Jackque17Jackque17 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Aahh!! So excited....

It's looking lovely, thanks so much for this!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thank you very much Doublemedion.
    That`s quite an honour. I love Constant Springs, and won`t be shy about saying it was a big influence on me deciding to create Great Bear. I also love what you are doing with GlenDonnach, it`s mighty impressive. So, thank you. I just hope Great Bear doesn`t let you down.

Thanks also Jackque17. I can tell you I`ll be just as excited to finish Great Bear :wink:
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited August 2011
    Oh, Johnny, it's gorgeous! A while ago I was messing around in my world (because seriously by now I think calling it building is just over the top) and thinking how awful my mountains look. Then I saw your pictures and know for sure that my mountains are beyond pathetic. I think I'll go have a good cry now.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I absolutely adore it-I, like tin have been absolutely dying for your world since it came in your signature-this puts that EA mountain world to absolute shame!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hi Regina, and thanks.
    Don`t say that about your mountains. The last time I checked out The Shire (I still do, you know :wink: ), I remember thinking how beautiful the landscaping was. Your mountains are fantastic, nice big and sombre, almost scary. It`s all in the character of the world, and you`ve nailed it. So, that makes us even :wink:

Lennon777, you are very kind, thank you. I will do my best not to let you down :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well, Johnny, that makes me feel a teensy bit better but I still think they don't look much like mountains.
    Lennon777, you are very kind, thank you. I will do my best not to let you down

You won't let anyone down, your worlds are always amazing.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited August 2011
    I love it! Makes me think of the Pacific Northwest.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow, I knew it would be spectacular, those mountains are breathtaking. I was afraid you might post a shot looking down and was anticipating the onset of vertigo.....whew :-)
    Looking forward to more updates as usual!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top