Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World : Redwood Harbor - For Download With Save

SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
Welcome to Redwood Harbor! This darling little island is a remake of the archived world, Elk Cove. It is filled with lush redwood trees and rocks. There is a town strip along the coast and two ponds at the top of the island that overflow into two lower ponds creating lovely waterfalls. This world has primarily smaller lots and has plenty of starter housing. The best part of this world is also the boat houses! If your sims love to live by the water, then a floating house with your own dock is the way to go. This world has a save file available.

Requirements: Sims 3 + Ambitions + Generations
World Size: Small
Empty Lots: 15
Total # of Lots: 62
What is Included: This world has: all rabbit holes except the military (military can be included if you swap the town hall building for the one that comes with Late Night), gym, library, laundromat, salon / tattoo, junk yard, firestation, campground, parks, fishing spots, and beaches. Please note that the rabbit holes are buried in the basement of each lot to keep the rustic look universal in this world. If you have LN, the movie studio will also be present as well as an apartment.

New lots for this world will be added to the world's homepage.

http://mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_RedwoodHarbor.html

Screenshot-354.jpg

Screenshot-355.jpg

Screenshot-356.jpg

Screenshot-357.jpg

Screenshot-358.jpg

Screenshot-359.jpg

Screenshot-360.jpg

Screenshot-361.jpg

Screenshot-362.jpg

Screenshot-363.jpg

Screenshot-364.jpg

Screenshot-353.jpg

Comments

• Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2011
    nice work :D I will try it :P
  • Options
    YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't know which came first ... the chicken or the egg, but this really reminds me of one of Quailhogs worlds.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well... I have no idea who that is, but if its a nice world - thank you :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'll give it a run for you SR - don't I always? hehehe I believe I actually played ELK Cove if It is the one I am thinking of - didn't it have a save file back then? I am sure it was well before Ambitions. Anyway, not important and I'll check it out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh yes, Elk Cove was one of my first worlds... Way before Ambitions or even WA. This is actually the same map just revised a bit and obviously repainted. I had a few people comment or request a remake of that world as it was one of their favorites and so, I really got into the log cabin theme.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2011
    Its gorgeous, SR, I am playing in it right this minute and have not had a speck of trouble so far. Sims are going to their jobs, the car pools are coming and going, its smooth and fast, though admittedly I only have about half a dozen families in there right now.
    I made two of the reserved lots into bars, and mixologists spawned with no problems, likewise I made one of the blank lots into a consignment store too, because I couldn't see one, and a merchant was also spawned just fine.

Metals, gems, seeds and insects are appearing too, I just collected a bunch before I came here.
    Its a really lovely place, and I can easily see it becoming one of my very favourite worlds :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well I found a couple little things - naturally the house I had my sims take is missing a door or arch way into the rest of the house from the kitchen - he's in the empty #9 Wildberry Lane. It's an easy fix, but knowing you, you like to know those things. hehehe

The second thing is have a sim at that house and have them stay on the same side of the road and walk down (or up the hill - it does it either way) the hill as the sims seem to be doing this weird little flip or jump when you reach the part of the road where the base of the cliff almost meets the road. I don't know if it will create a problem or not, but thought you ought to see it. Also I notice cars go up the hill but I have yet to ever see one come down. Even the car pool stays way down the road and the sim has to run way down to get it - which is foolish as it is not then very far from where he works at the Athletic building.

The third thing is I can see there are bugs and things behind the buildings but it is extremely dark back there. I was thinking it could benefit with a few torches or something seeing there are collectible in that area, as I couldn't see hardly anything until daylight and then I saw several collectible things. In front of the buildings is heavily lit but seeing EA still does not let the outside light shine properly like it technically would other wise, it really needs a little light of some kind.

I did check all the rabbithole buildings that are underground and had no complaints at all.

I did not add or remove anything - just played it exactly as you have it as I did not know what if anything you were planning to add. Also the world is populating fast and I only have the one male sim in there. In two hours I was amazed to count 33 sims added. It is weird because I played a humongous world for twice that long night before that I was testing, and during the 4 hours it only had 26 sims. So that's superior to say the least.

Anyway, that is all I have seen so far, with the only concern is that little area where sims sort of jump or flip. It happens so fast it is hard to tell exactly what they are doing - I just know it isn't normal. We now have acrobatic sims. YAY!!!! hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've got taxi's driving & sims walking up and down Wildberry Lane all day, and I haven't experienced that flipping thing.
    I did take my test sim for a walk up and down the road like you suggested Reg, on both sides, three times for good measure and never had him doing anything odd.

Though something does confuse me to be honest a bit, since I see at least one of every household walking around Wildberry Lane during the day, and also a lot of taxis. I've noticed a LOT more taxi's since installing Gen, I'm positive its not my imagination, but since I've been playing in medium to larger towns after installing the new EP I've not noticed it too much, but its really very noticeable on such a small world.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well thank you for running thru it - I will look into the roads on the mountains and by Wild Berry and make sure everything looks good. Some of the houses I don't look at the interior too much because I plan to place a family there with the save file, but thank you for noting those because I do not want that to create a routing issue :) And thank you for reminding me - I forgot the consignment. Remembered the laundromat, forgot that one. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    *Updated Info*
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2011
    I like the secluded feel to this town.
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello! :)Nice world! I am trying two of your worlds now,this one and Elmira City, and I like them both. Som how I have difficult to Save in Elmira, and get this error code 12 alot.Dont know why, maybee I put out too many sims... but seems like when I play in smal worlds I dont have that error.
    I want to share some nice and funny pic from Redwood. I placed out just two friends, and started to look around at that beautiful Island. ;-)

Edit : seems like I have deleted the uploaded pic,so that I could upload newer pic to the site,sorry ;-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow! That is impressive, Realtor! You always have promising worlds, and I suppose this'll be no different.

I love the rustic feel of the lots, and the windy roads. Lovely. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Scooped up this final and Elmira and the extra lots last night. I'm loving both for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I love these worlds, just curious what will be your next project?
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited July 2011
    This world is gorgeous and extremely amazing looking! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Travisttr94Travisttr94 Posts: 28
    edited July 2011
    go to http://www.ninja7games.webs.com/

free to sign up and a ton of games. also share your creations their. enjoy
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks :) Well I have a few worlds actually in process... a large city with a mountain look is closer to being done than others, but the closest so far is a village remake similar to Al Simhara in WA. That is very close to being completed and released for BETA.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Thanks :) Well I have a few worlds actually in process... a large city with a mountain look is closer to being done than others, but the closest so far is a village remake similar to Al Simhara in WA. That is very close to being completed and released for BETA.

Yay I am excited for the mountain one! I've always wanted my sims to have a cabin!
  • Options
    AlastairAlastair Posts: 36 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow i love this!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks! I am quite fond of this world too :)
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2011
    What a lovely world. Are Elmira and this world cc free? I really want to download them both.
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2011
    SR just read your Elmira site where you state you never use cc. So I will be downloading and recc both worlds. Yahoo. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yup - you will find that EVERYTHING on My Sim Realty is CC free :) Enjoy them!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2011
    Man! I want that world.I don't have generations.=(