Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2011
    sharena333 wrote:
    So if you get the limited Edition do you get everything the same as the normal sims 3 pets, just more things in the limited edition?
    :?

Also is everyone saying the limited edition is better than the normal sims 3 pets? :shock:

Can you pleeeeeeeeeease tell which one is best so I can buy the best one?! :mrgreen:

Sharena333 talking :thumbup: :wink:

The Standard and the Limited version gameplay is the same with just one small variation. The LTD edition has the pet shop which takes nothing from the core of the game. If you live in the States and you pre-ordered you will get the Limited edition.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SimGuro can u plese answer this question :lol::lol::lol::lol: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

If you get sims 3 pets limited addition, can you still buy pet objects in buy mode? Because before you said with the limited addition you get a pet store where you can buy all the furniture for pets, but can you buy the pet objects in buy mode????? Please ANSWER as soon as you can coz i am dieing for to play SIMS 3 PETSSSSS

p.s please answer
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited October 2011
    Scyl wrote:
    hanyo wrote:
    "Q: After purchasing the Limited Edition, how do I access the additional content that comes with it?
    A: The Limited Edition will come with instructions on how to obtain the Pet Store for your game."

Will I need Origin for this? I don't have Origin and don't want it.
    ^this.

Also if they can add a special page for thesimssocial items asking for a code to claim your item on thesims3 page, I dont see why they cant do this with LEs. (not to mention the mac users who cant use origin)

Yes you will need Origin, the additional content is accessed via a code you put into your Origin account. What I have managed to find out is that there may be a seven day waiting period for the retailer to email you the code, which to me is exceptionally bad.

I'm failing to see the point of the Limited Edition if we still have to download it anyway. I go back to my original point of why not just one disc and sell the additional items in the store or allow people to download it for free on the site.

We still have to have your Origin thing on our PC either way.

I'd like to know one thing though. If I download the additional content, does it become void if I uninstall Origin? I mean would it stop being available to me if I uninstall Origin?

Too many questions, too few answers, so little time.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SimGuro can u plese answer this question :lol::lol::lol::lol: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

If you get sims 3 pets limited addition, can you still buy pet objects in buy mode? Because before you said with the limited addition you get a pet store where you can buy all the furniture for pets, but can you buy the pet objects in buy mode????? Please ANSWER as soon as you can coz i am dieing for to play SIMS 3 PETSSSSS

p.s please answer

The answer to that question is all over the forum. Yes you can still buy items in buy mode.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    sharena333 wrote:
    So if you get the limited Edition do you get everything the same as the normal sims 3 pets, just more things in the limited edition?
    :?

Also is everyone saying the limited edition is better than the normal sims 3 pets? :shock:

Can you pleeeeeeeeeease tell which one is best so I can buy the best one?! :mrgreen:

Sharena333 talking :thumbup: :wink:

The Standard and the Limited version gameplay is the same with just one small variation. The LTD edition has the pet shop which takes nothing from the core of the game. If you live in the States and you pre-ordered you will get the Limited edition.

Yes the Pet Store which adds a non rabbithole to your town, so in effect this is additional gameplay as it provides not only a venue for our Sims but interactions between Sims and merchant plus interactions between Sims and other Sims visiting the lot.

Also don't forget to mention all the exclusive content that will come with the LE............oh that's right, we don't a actually know what that exclusive content is yet. It could be nothing at all, or it could be a massive surprise like a rubber bone for dogs to chew and a mouse toy for cats.

I think we've waited long enough for info on what the exclusive content is, that is besides the shop we already know about.

Also will there be manual downloads available to get our content for people who can't use Origin?

• Options
    XtiejXtiej Posts: 35
    edited October 2011
    Has anybody managed to find out for sure how Mac users can download the Limited Edition content? Obviously without using Origin. This will probably be a big problem for mac-using sims fans, if we don't have a clear answer before release day.
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thankyou sooooo much Goldmoldar and fluttereyes!!!! :mrgreen:

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!! :wink::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    KaraDarkholmKaraDarkholm Posts: 39
    edited October 2011
    Is there a way to add the extra breeds into the sims store for those of us who have computers but not other systems, or who don't want to buy two versions of the game JUST to get the extra breeds?

please?

Why is everyone so fussed about these "extra breeds"? They are just dogs and cats with special skins. It's already been shown that you can make more-or-less exact duplicates with CAP for the PC version. It's not like the console versions are getting actual tigers and pandas. You don't need to buy both versions of the game - just make those breeds yourself.
    Sorry, I'm just not very good at recreating things with the creator.

Hoping that someone will just upload them to the exchange.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2011
    sharena333 wrote:
    Thankyou sooooo much Goldmoldar and fluttereyes!!!! :mrgreen:

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!! :wink::mrgreen:

You welcome, glad to help. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited October 2011
    Brockeydoo wrote:
    Its just a question but i pre-ordered pets in july but do i still get the 2 cat and dog costumes???? (Origin)

Heya Brockeydoo. As long as you preordered from Origin, you will receive the extra cat & dog costumes for the Sims :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    caitlinx00 wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but have EA said anything more about the bonus items that will come with the LE? I'm still trying to decide whether to pre-order or not (fighting my dislike of Play.com!) and this will probably be the deciding factor, as I'm not overly fussed about the pet shop.

Hi Caitlin. For those of you who are curious to see the ten bonus objects that come with the Limited Edition pet store, check out the archived video of The Sims 3 Pets Digital Town Hall event that we recently broadcast! If you click the following link, at the 3:00 minute mark we run through all of the new objects that you'll gain access to.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17438215

I've updated the original post in this thread with this information. :-)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited October 2011
    Brockeydoo wrote:
    Its just a question but i pre-ordered pets in july but do i still get the 2 cat and dog costumes???? (Origin)

Heya Brockeydoo. As long as you preordered from Origin, you will receive the extra cat & dog costumes for the Sims :)

Thanks from me as well. I was wondering about this myself.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Axlorg89Axlorg89 Posts: 884 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Question: I preordered off of Orgin early but when they included stuff packs i was wondering if we get a email for our choices on our stuff pack after we preorder it
  • Options
    CandyliciousCandylicious Posts: 160 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Do i have to preorder the sims 3 pets from origin or could i order it from amazon or bestbuy and still receive the limited edition
  • Options
    CandyliciousCandylicious Posts: 160 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Can someone tell me if i HAVE to preorder the Sims 3 Pets from the Origin site in order to receive the limited addition? I wanted to preorder it from Amazon
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Can someone tell me if i HAVE to preorder the Sims 3 Pets from the Origin site in order to receive the limited addition? I wanted to preorder it from Amazon

Q: Is the Limited Edition exclusive to EA's Origin service?
    A: No. Although we'd love for you to try out our new Origin service, it is not exclusive to Origin. The availability of the Limited Edition will be on a per retailer basis if they choose to offer it to their customers. Please continue to check their websites and express your desire to purchase the Limited Edition to your preferred retailer.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    hanyo wrote:
    "Q: After purchasing the Limited Edition, how do I access the additional content that comes with it?
    A: The Limited Edition will come with instructions on how to obtain the Pet Store for your game."

Will I need Origin for this? I don't have Origin and don't want it.

Hi Hanyo! Origin is not required to redeem the Pet Store Limited Edition content. It's handled through The Sims 3 Store, similar to registration incentives and presell offers from previous expansion packs.

The only thing that requires a purchase through Origin is if you want to gain access to the Origin exclusive cat and dog costumes that Sims can wear.

Hope that helps!
    Sugarmew wrote:
    Ah, same here! I'm a Mac user so no Origin for me, even though it states I can get the content. I just want absolute fact that I know there's no Origin involved.

No worries Sugarmew. Mac players will be able to fully take advantage of the Pet Store that comes with the Limited Edition. Origin is not required in any way for redemption of the Limited Edition content :)
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    I pre-ordered about a week ago. Cant wait for it to come out.
  • Options
    laplooplaploop Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    Hi Sims fans! I was really hoping to get this to you sooner, but it has been a bit of a crazy week for me both in and out of the office. Thanks for being patient :D

The announcement of The Sims 3 Pets has generated a lot of excitement within the community, as well as many questions about the Limited Edition version that I want to help answer with the latest news I can share. The Limited Edition will certainly include the most compelling content that we've offered in a preorder before. Our team here at The Sims Studio wants to create the absolute best features possible that players want to use in their game.

For players who choose to purchase the Limited Edition, they'll be getting a cool venue for their Sims to visit that we feel is a great reason to preorder. The Pet Store venue will be a place for Sims to go to purchase objects for their pet to use, it is not where you get the pets themselves. Alternatively, if you prefer to wait for reviews or buy the game on sale, you won't be missing out - you'll simply buy your pet objects from the catalog instead.

As developers, we're very fortunate to have such a vocal group of fans who are so willing to share their thoughts and opinions with us. We're confident that we’re developing an outstanding expansion pack that everyone will have the opportunity to enjoy. We’re very excited to be developing Pets for the fans that have been so passionate in asking for it.

Thanks for your support,
    Graham - Sims 3 Producer

Questions & Answers

Q: What is included with The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
    A: The Limited Edition comes with...
    • "Graham's Pet Swap Shop" - a pre-built Pet Store lot that you can place in any Sims 3 world.
    • A cash register that enables you to set a community lot in your world to the Pet Store venue type, allowing you to build your own Pet Stores.
    • Ten bonus objects to enhance your pets lives. This includes a palm tree scratching post, a luxurious pet bed with a canopy, a new outdoor pet house, additional horse race training equipment, an adorably over-sized turtle shell for cats to hide inside, paw print windows and doors to build your home with, and more!

Q: Where can I see the Limited Edition content before purchasing the game?
    A: We recently unveiled Graham's Pet Swap Shop in The Sims 3 Pets Digital Town Hall event! Take a look at the archived video of the event at the following link, the Pet Store is shown at the 3:00 minute mark in the video.
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17438215

Q: Does the Limited Edition cost more than the standard edition?
    A: No, the Limited Edition is the same price as the standard edition.

Q: Is the Pet Store a rabbithole?
    A: No, the Pet Store is a fully interactive venue on a community lot. You can see your Sims inside it, and there will be a cash register and a cashier you can purchase pet-related objects from. This also allows you to build your own Pet Store that's limited only by your creativity!

Q: If I don't purchase the Limited Edition, is there an alternative Pet Store in the game, such as a rabbithole Pet Store?
    A: No, the only way to get the Pet Store is by purchasing the Limited Edition. There is no other version of the Pet Store in the standard edition of the game.

Q: If I don't get the Limited Edition with the Pet Store, will I not be able to get Pets for my Sims?
    A: Don't worry; you'll definitely still be able to get pets! While we haven't yet announced many of the features that you'll get with The Sims 3 Pets, the Pet Store is an alternative way to access content in the game. But, there will be a number of different ways to get pets and to buy objects for your pets. Keep watching for future announcements about what's in the game!

Q: Can I share a Pet Store lot, or a world that contains a Pet Store with a player who does not have The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
    A: Yes, you can share Pet Stores or worlds with Pet Stores on the Exchange with any other Sims 3 player. If that player does not have the Limited Edition content, than any Pet Store lot will automatically change to a "No Visitors Allowed" type community lot, and will no longer function as a Pet Store.

Q: Can I share a save game file that has a Pet Store in the world with a player who does not have The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
    A: Yes, you can freely share save files. If your Sim was actively using the Pet Store and the new player does not have access to that content, their Sim will reset on the lot upon loading the save file.

Q: I’ve heard about 10 extra breeds of pets; do those only come with the Limited Edition as well?
    A: The ten extra breeds are featured in the console version of The Sims 3 Pets; they are not available in the PC expansion pack.

Q: What regions will the Limited Edition be available in for purchase?
    A: We have not yet finalized all regions that the Limited Edition will be sold in, and will continue to add more regions as we work with our retail partners. Please continue to check the EA Origin website, or your favorite retailer’s website to see if they’ve updated with the Limited Edition offer.

Q: I’ve noticed the EA Origin site in my region mentions the Limited Edition, does that mean it’s confirmed as being available in my entire region?
    A: The Limited Edition will be available on a per-retailer basis. If you preorder from a retailer that lists the Limited Edition content, you can expect to receive a Limited Edition copy of the game.

Q: When can I expect to know if the Limited Edition is for sale in my region?
    A: Stay tuned for future announcements as we work with our retail partners to bring the Limited Edition to more regions. If you preorder and the Limited Edition is offered by that retailer at a later date, you will automatically be switched to the Limited Edition.

Q: If I preordered The Sims 3 Pets and the retailer did not mention the Limited Edition, but later decided to sell the Limited Edition, do I need to cancel my preorder?
    A: No. Once the Limited Edition is announced by a retailer, all existing preorders will automatically get the Limited Edition.

Q: How do I know if I’m preordering the Limited Edition? The retailer’s website just calls it The Sims 3 Pets.
    A: The title may not necessarily designate the Limited Edition. If the retailer lists the Limited Edition content in the information for the game, then they are offering the Limited Edition for sale.

Q: Will the Limited Edition be available for both Mac and PC?
    A: Yes, both Mac and PC will have access to Limited Edition content.

Q: Will the Limited Edition be available for digital downloads and on a disc?
    A: Yes, both digital downloads and retail discs will come as Limited Editions.

Q: Is the Limited Edition exclusive to EA's Origin service?
    A: No. Although we'd love for you to try out our new Origin service, it is not exclusive to Origin. The availability of the Limited Edition will be on a per retailer basis if they choose to offer it to their customers. Please continue to check their websites and express your desire to purchase the Limited Edition to your preferred retailer.

Q: Will my favorite retailer be selling the Limited Edition?
    A: It is up to individual retailers if they decide to sell the Limited Edition. Please check your favorite retailer’s website to see if they mention the Limited Edition content. If you don’t see the Limited Edition content listed, let them know that you would like them to offer the Limited Edition for sale.

Q: Do I have to purchase online to get the Limited Edition?
    A: No. The Limited Edition will be available both online and in physical retail stores.

Q: When purchasing from a retail store, how do I know if I’m getting a Limited Edition?
    A: The box will state on the outside if it's the Limited Edition.

Q: Do I have to preorder to get the Limited Edition?
    A: Preordering is the best way to guarantee getting the Limited Edition.

Q: After purchasing the Limited Edition, how do I access the additional content that comes with it?
    A: The Limited Edition will come with instructions on how to obtain the Pet Store for your game.

Q: If I select a slower shipping service, or purchase a copy of the Limited Edition from a participating retailer after day one, will I still be able to access the additional content?
    A: If you purchase a Limited Edition you won’t be required to access the content on day one.

Q: I've heard about a Special Edition that's priced higher than the Limited Edition, what is this?
    A: In certain regions, when we ship a new expansion pack we also offer a version that's bundled with The Sims 3 base game as a way to encourage new players to try the game.

Q: What does the Pet Store look like?
    A: Like this!
    O7mIg.jpg

Hi, thanks for all the information I have always been a fan of the sims from the sims to the sims 2 and all their expansions and since sims 3 came out I was overwhelmed but I can say without a doubt this is going to be the best game ever. I was wondering can you tame stallions on the sims 3 pets so many people have said but I would like to hear it from someone who knows whats going on? And is there any new careers, jobs or lifetime wishes? I know this will be a weird question and you have probably never heard it before but is there candles I love candles they always set the right mood, you know like different colour ones? I would really love to know and THANK YOU :!: :D
  • Options
    dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited October 2011

:roll:

-SimChick[/quote]

Perhaps its merely a coincidence with the OLS, but makes sense to me. Especially for a company that is planning to go completely digital.

[/quote]

OLS??????? what did I miss???
  • Options
    dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited October 2011
    3. It would cost EA a lot of programming hours just to identify which problems they should fix and which bugs that are only caused by bad CC or by insufficient video cards or by bugs in video drivers. To "solve" this problem EA could change the game so it didn't allow CC. But people would hate that even more than they hate the glitches.

I'm not talking about mysterious bugs. I'm talking about long-term bugs that are understood pretty clearly by higher level users - but not necessarily easily solved except by core or scripting mods: The lag-causing accumulation of hundreds of car objects around town, the inability to use WA dig sites that are not placed on lots, the on-going instabilities that occur from the sloppily implemented WA travel, the broken Well-Rested moodlet that doesn't calculate a Sim's mood properly and eventually makes them constantly miserable unless you restart the game.

These are not mysteries. Nor are they results of bad CC, or widely varying systems. They are just bad work unfixed by a company that recognises, arrogantly, that we've signed away our right to quality in the EULA. Well, fine, we have. That doesn't make it good business practice, though, and it makes all the marketing hype ring horribly, horribly hollow.
    2. To postpone a game for only a couple of months having a lot of programmers testing and fixing bugs will still cost EA something like millions. But the game won't really sell better and people won't be willing to pay a higher price for the game just because the game has fewer glitches.

I'm deeply skeptical of the bolded portion of that text. I got both my base game and my Generations gifted to me by friends who returned to TS2 (I wasn't a simmer beforehand). I certainly think long and hard before buying TS3 titles simply because they lack the technical polish I would expect in almost any other software purchase (stress on the almost). And they continue to lack that polish long after release, if not forever, barring third party intervention where that's even possible.

Look how well games that take bugs fixes seriously sell: Starcraft II. Minecraft.

Perhaps the secret is to have "craft" in the name: "We care about the craft of game production."

It makes me, and I am far from alone, slightly ill-feeling that I can speak frankly like this, and the Sims team will not engage with anything except a hostile cautionary dismissal along the lines of: "It is a shame you feel this way. We appreciate your feedback. You can submit your concerns into our black hole of a support centre."

Yes I can. Yes I have before. On several issues. Most notably the WA travel bug acknowledged one month after the EP's release and fixed only a year later after a concerted campaign and endless thread bumping... ...across one entire year. For a whole year you kept an effectively useless product on the market! What is the point of selling WA if every few times you travel it tears your family tree up! That's fairly game-breaking.

Half the time the community understands the cause of an error fairly well. We know that the way Sims are moved between home worlds and WA locations is a messy affair, in technical terms (it's still buggy, it clones Sims sometimes). We know exactly what is wrong with the Late Night "Well Rested" moodlet bug. Apparently EA's support crew knows less about how TS3 functions than third party operators.

Far greater shame than my "feeling this way" is the shame the company earns itself. I don't want, or need, to feel this way. TS3 is, in bulk, an awesome game that should do EA proud, but instead drags their name through the mud for lack of care.

As far as the bright, bold, "positive" marketing goes: The emperor has no clothes on, guys!

On the whole I agree with all you have said. I dred taking my sims on holiday, for fear of a clone when I get back.
    I uninstalled late night because of bugs and I just hated the EP. though I did like the idea of flats/appartments.

and when reading about new EPS and the problems simmers have with them, and how long we have to wait for patches. I was thinking, If I was to buy a new sofa, I would expect it to do its job, i wouldnt expect to have to wait for patches to make it work properly.
    or a washing machine. why should a game be different, I buy the game and i expect it to work properly, I shouldnt have to worry what problems it may have. And as to It takes money to fix all problems, it's not as though EA haven't got enough of that is it?

On the whole I love my sims3 game, and the problems I have had and do have are small fortunately. but I would expect EA to sort problems out a lot quicker.
    I am so looking forward to this EP, but I still worry about problem bugs it will have. :roll:
  • Options
    Wesley703Wesley703 Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    EA is taking this game too serioulsy, i wish they would calm down and release the game without all these live coverages , give aways, and sim 3 pets demos. they never did this for late night or ambitions ect. they are forgeting that ITS JUST A GAME RELAX!
  • Options
    HatingHating Posts: 86
    edited October 2011
    When does the Sims 3 Pets come out for Australia exactly because I've heard from EBgames that it comes out on the 30th then again I heard that it was scoming out on the 20th and now i'm not exactly sure so I would like to know when?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2011

I've got my preorder in with Amazon (because I get free shipping) and it's Limited Edition (just double-checked), so should be no problem. Won't get the special cat/dog costumes but haven't done much with the costume chest anyway so no big deal. (And thanks for asking the question -- when I checked it I had One-Day Delivery checked, so I was able to change it to Release Day Delivery so I'll get it on the 18th instead of the 20th!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited October 2011
    This has probably been asked before but I can't see anything conclusive:

Where can I pick up a physical copy of the Limited Edition in the UK?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top