March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited September 2011
    "Q: After purchasing the Limited Edition, how do I access the additional content that comes with it?
    A: The Limited Edition will come with instructions on how to obtain the Pet Store for your game."

Will I need Origin for this? I don't have Origin and don't want it.
  • SugarmewSugarmew Posts: 236
    edited September 2011
    hanyo wrote:
    "Q: After purchasing the Limited Edition, how do I access the additional content that comes with it?
    A: The Limited Edition will come with instructions on how to obtain the Pet Store for your game."

Ah, same here! I'm a Mac user so no Origin for me, even though it states I can get the content. I just want absolute fact that I know there's no Origin involved.
  • Simbo12Simbo12 Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2011
    Is it too late to get this version? If not can someone provide a link to go to order it.

• kelssavannakelssavanna Posts: 90 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I was wondering if the pets will have a family tree also?
    edited September 2011
    plavizdral wrote:
    Hi
    does eny 1 know title of the song from this videoclip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1sxvBYw2Y&feature

I think the song is Fatboy Slim - Wonderful Night.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKDnySBiT6w&ob=av2n
    edited September 2011

plavizdral

I think the song from the video is Wonderful Night by fatboy Slim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKDnySBiT6w&ob=av2n
  • HotGoddessHotGoddess Posts: 51
    edited September 2011
    Sorry if this question was already asked, but does the limited addition come with special pets as well? Such as a certain kind of snake only found in the pet store?

I WOULD LIKE TO NOTE A GLITCH: The longer I minimize my create a pet, the darker the screen is. The mouse stays the same color but if it is minimized for a couple hours the screen is really dark, if it is minimized over night, the screen goes blank. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH!
  • drmqnms2458drmqnms2458 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the info! I just pre-ordered off of Origin for digital download. It said it was the limited edition online but didn't mention anything other than exclusive pet costumes. I'm sure it includes everything else mentioned here but just wanted to be sure... Let the countdown begin!!! :D
  • ladyvolladyvol Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    I am wondering if I should cancel my pre order from Origins so I can be sure to get it on time. Does Origin ship it out a few days earlier so it gets here on time?
  • SMUFFINSMUFFIN Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I know that on past Sims games they require you to have the regular Sims 3 game. Is it still like this for the pc? and if i get it for the xbox will i have to buy the regular sims 3 first?
  • freewolf862freewolf862 Posts: 37
    edited September 2011
    It's too bad that the PC version won't get the extra breeds like the console version. :cry: I think that's a crock!

But even so..thanks for answering some questions that have been simmering for a long time.

I would like to know if you will be able to take your pet on vacation. I know you have to wait until your offspring becomes a child to take them. I hope my sim will be able to take their pet along. Should make things interesting. :lol:
  • sebrightssebrights Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hi! I was wondering if there will be chickens, ducks, or turkeys in sims 3 pets. I own chickens as pets and they are very entertaining and they hop onto my shoulder like parrots. My turkeys are just like dogs, they follow me around my yard and sit in my lap. My ducks are very loud and funny. If these are not in sims pets you should think about adding them because there are only city jobs and things right now and that doesnt make sense to me because without farms and farm animals all of the city people would starve and die. It would be great if a sims farm thing came out because farmers are more important than city people because without them humans would still be hunter gatherers. 
  • KaraDarkholmKaraDarkholm Posts: 39
    edited September 2011
    Is there a way to add the extra breeds into the sims store for those of us who have computers but not other systems, or who don't want to buy two versions of the game JUST to get the extra breeds?

please?
  • TempestianTempestian Posts: 50
    edited September 2011
    I have a question, as I've already pre-ordered my copy last night I was just wondering... When will it be available for download in Australia? What time and date I mean? I'm asking simply so I can put a reminder in my phone LOL
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited September 2011
    caitlinx00 wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but have EA said anything more about the bonus items that will come with the LE? I'm still trying to decide whether to pre-order or not (fighting my dislike of Play.com!) and this will probably be the deciding factor, as I'm not overly fussed about the pet shop.

I'm with you, still. We were told we would be told what these special objects were nearer the time, and I'd say we are extremely near to the time now, so perhaps we should be told what we are paying for as the words 'exclusive content' mean nothing, that could be just an extra collar.

I wonder why they don't just tell everyone.

Looks like it's been 12 days since a guru has been in here too and I refuse to get a twitter account to contact someone from EA when they have a support site right here.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited September 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    If I understand it correctly, EA will offer *only* the Limited Edition of "Pets" in retail stores, including those who pre-ordered as the first run copies of the game. But the second manufacture of the game will be the standard edition.

So, if your retailer ordered Pets, they should just be getting the Limited Edition copies, not the standard ones. I think that the standard ones won't be available until all the Limited Edition copies are sold.

In the UK and other countries outside the USA we can get the standard version in the shops on release day but we cannot get the LE in shops as that is an online purchase only through play.com.

The story about all preorders automatically becoming LE's is a fallacy. I'm sure people in the USA might well get this special treatment, but the rest of us have to make do with the bones we are thrown.

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2011
    Is there a way to add the extra breeds into the sims store for those of us who have computers but not other systems, or who don't want to buy two versions of the game JUST to get the extra breeds?

please?

Why is everyone so fussed about these "extra breeds"? They are just dogs and cats with special skins. It's already been shown that you can make more-or-less exact duplicates with CAP for the PC version. It's not like the console versions are getting actual tigers and pandas. You don't need to buy both versions of the game - just make those breeds yourself.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • BrockeydooBrockeydoo Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Its just a question but i pre-ordered pets in july but do i still get the 2 cat and dog costumes???? (Origin)
  • PlyrOwnerPlyrOwner Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2011
    SMUFFIN wrote:
    I know that on past Sims games they require you to have the regular Sims 3 game. Is it still like this for the pc? and if i get it for the xbox will i have to buy the regular sims 3 first?

pc/mac yes xbox no. on xbox and other consoles it is a stand alone game.
  • WalnutLeader954WalnutLeader954 Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    Although I would love the 10 unique breeds, I guess that is EA's way of making it up to console players for not adding horses. Either way I preordered for my PC. Cant wait :D
  • WalnutLeader954WalnutLeader954 Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    Although I would love the 10 unique breeds, I guess that is EA's way of making it up to console players for not adding horses. Either way I preordered for my PC. Cant wait :D
  • ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited September 2011
    hanyo wrote:

^this.

Also if they can add a special page for thesimssocial items asking for a code to claim your item on thesims3 page, I dont see why they cant do this with LEs. (not to mention the mac users who cant use origin)
  • velvet_doll0815velvet_doll0815 Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    I pre-ordered the download version. What do I do now? Should I still expect to receive it on the 18th or should I be able to download it now?
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2011
    I per-ordered the download version. What do I do now? Should I still expect to receive it on the 18th or should I be able to download it now?

Umm well not to sound mean but "pre" means before time "order" means buy so you are buying the game before time but you are not going to get it any sooner than anyone else. Also by reading what you purchase you would know that it states an email will be sent to you after the release to guide you threw the download. If you are using origin after a day or so my pets game showed up on the "My Games" page with an un-clickable button reading "unreleased" once the game is released im confident it will say "ready to download"
  • sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited October 2011
    So if you get the limited Edition do you get everything the same as the normal sims 3 pets, just more things in the limited edition?
    :?

Also is everyone saying the limited edition is better than the normal sims 3 pets? :shock:

Can you pleeeeeeeeeease tell which one is best so I can buy the best one?! :mrgreen:

Sharena333 talking :thumbup: :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top