Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    Hi, I LOVE it!! I have been dying for something like this. But two questions:

1. do you have a version in which the summer hill area looks the same as before? I like the way it is in the original SV. :P

2. do all of the original sunset valley sims still have their previous relationships to each other? or does everyone not know anyone else in the town?

I am afraid I don't have a version with the original Summer Hill. They have their starting relationships the exact same as the original Sunset Valley.

Is there some way you can tweak it a little bit, please? Or how do I tweak it? I would like to have the lake back where it was, and the three giant lots around the circle, without all those back roads. But I do like the new road in the back that goes to the downtown area. I don't know how much time it would take you to make that small change, but you've worked so hard on this already that I can try to make this change myself, but I'm not sure how.
  • Options
    Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @tinydancer114 As far as I know, the stuff packs are not required. People have also got it to work without world adventures installed, but I do know that it has world adventure items placed, so not sure how they managed that, unless the game automatically removes the items upon loading.

As far as I know, the file is the same for both Mac and PC, so it should work on a Mac no problem.

I also don't have Ambitions and my WA isn't installed. However I was able to play for hours yesterday no problem.

Does the new version replace the original?
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Looks good, but its weird seeing it because im so used to the original.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm happy to see you moved those three houses near the town centre. Very happy to see that and just downloaded it.
  • Options
    LolaGranolaLolaGranola Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    This is wonderful. You clearly put a lot of work and care into this and it shows. The layout looks natural, full, and alive. Thank you for putting in the movie lot. I am going to switch to that file instead. MediaFire is working just fine from me, and I have no technical problems thus far.

I am not sure, but I don't think I see the large waterfall feature at the back part of the map. If I recall correctly, you could see the water in the edit town mode. I am not able to see it now, just the rocky space the water once was. Is that just a problem I am having, or is that missing? I think the waterfall is available in the debug menu, so I may see if I can place it in build mode at the small park/pond into which the waterfall previously fed.

Did you put in a laundromat? I may have overlooked it, if so.

Thank you again. You did wonderful work.
  • Options
    PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2011
    So great! :D
  • Options
    MissMelissaAnneMissMelissaAnne Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello:

I am having some trouble? First of all, I really commend you and appreciate the hard work you put into making this town. It look GREAT!!

However, the trouble I am having is that when I choose the town to play, it only gets through about half way through, then does nothing???

Any help you could offer or anyone would be GREAT!!

Happy Simming to all!!

Melissa
  • Options
    LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    There is no Laundromat - that was intentional as I personally don't play with one, but people can add one if they like :).

The Waterfall effects was definately an oversight but not a big enough issue for me to warrant making another release. I will keep it in mind should I make an update to the town in a few months time. I have written it down with several other little non serious things that people have brought up, so it wont be forgotten :).

@playeralyalywekl Sorry but I won't be doing anymore revisions of this map at this moment in time. Takes alot of time and I am playing atm instead of building :).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hello:

I am having some trouble? First of all, I really commend you and appreciate the hard work you put into making this town. It look GREAT!!

However, the trouble I am having is that when I choose the town to play, it only gets through about half way through, then does nothing???

Any help you could offer or anyone would be GREAT!!

Happy Simming to all!!

Melissa

Do you have the required expansion packs installed?
  • Options
    ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2011
    Stumbled upon this thread late yesterday and after reading the whole thing, downloaded your lovely town. Then stayed up until 1am putting in some different lots - not because there was anything wrong with your original city, but because that's what I do with every town I play. For instance, bulldosed the art museum, then rezoned that site into 2 lots - one a 30x30, and the other a 20x15. Then put in a gym/spa lot on the 30x30 and a small salon from MTS on the 2nd lot. Then bulldosed your Sharma Spa lot and put in another club. (BTW, am so loving your club on the beach - it is totally beautiful!.) Did the same thing with the EA consignment store. Have a small one from MTS (another 15x10) that I put by the bistro - freeing up that original lot for another club.
    Have moved Wilson into a smaller house over by the monotone one, bulldosed his old house and put in a church there for weddings.
    Am also moving my junkyard out of downtown and onto a smaller lot out by the military base.
    Long story short, I had given up on Sunset Valley because there was no room for expansion - even though it is my favorite town. You have solved that problem beautifully. Can I say that I think I love you>? Because I most definitely do. I am so enjoying this town. I have the families back that I like and plenty of room to expand. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • Options
    zaiu1zaiu1 Posts: 167
    edited June 2011
    Absolutely incredible!

I've been looking for a town like this for a long time. I love SV, but it was just too small and left little to no room for changes. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, its everything SV should have been.
  • Options
    MissMelissaAnneMissMelissaAnne Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes I have all the games except Generations right now :)
  • Options
    ElderGamer1ElderGamer1 Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2011
    I really want to thank-you for all your hard work. I did not buy Generations because I can not build. I love Sunset Valley but how old does a once beautiful Town have to get for EA to update it. After I had given my best shot at adding the new Ambitions Lots and some Night Life..Which without being a user of CAW makes for a terrible job by me so I just gave up. You have clearly shown your knowledge and the love for a great Game. I am downloading shortly and then buying Generations. Thanks again for doing something EA could care less about! Kudos!!
  • Options
    AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2011
    Are all of the gem spawners put in? And if so, do you have a "guide" so to speak of where they are located at?

I'll love you for ever if so.

PS: i DLed this last night. Haven't gotten a chance to play it but i'm sure i'm going to love it!
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks so much for your hard work, dl and off to play now :0)
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @playeralyalywekl Sorry but I won't be doing anymore revisions of this map at this moment in time. Takes alot of time and I am playing atm instead of building :).

Ok, well then how do I do it?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2011
    Is it on the exchange and can I download it from the EA exchange.
    If so how do I find the link
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited June 2011
    Now, how exactly do I do this?
  • Options
    AcUnleashedAcUnleashed Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for this one! 8)
  • Options
    serindeppityserindeppity Posts: 6,690 Member
    edited June 2011
    This town is awesome. I am in love with it! I used to for my legacy story and I hope that's okay. I'll put a link back to this thread. :)

This is my favorite town now. ^_^
    g8b3.png
    Danevbie Legacy 8.24
  • Options
    xviviansaidzxxviviansaidzx Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2011
    Did you place the lots from Generations?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No the lots from Generations are not placed.

Update for exchange: I am still getting tons of hassle. (It took 30 attempts just to get my avatar to upload - but that is only a few 100 Kb) The world is almost 100 megs and the errors only come at the end of the upload so it is somewhat fustrating. Sometimes I dont get an error and the launcher is telling me that it is uploaded yet it is not on my profile or on the exchange. EA quality at its finest I am afraid.

But I will try again today a few times. Server providers really frown upon so much uploading :). I think I have tried to upload the town about 15 times now so thats almost 1.5 gigs of uploading. Really annoying.
  • Options
    ladymysteladymyste Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I was just complaining about not having enough space in sunset valley. This is just what I needed. Thank you so much, it looks great.
  • Options
    Gr00vyZaraGr00vyZara Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2011
    You rock! This is the best world ever. Great job!!
  • Options
    Angel_Of_BeautyAngel_Of_Beauty Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for making this. I was really hoping for a new town with genetations, but there was none.
    I hated it before with the lack of space to add in things from other expansions. But I'm glad you made this. It must of taken a lot of effort.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top