Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• Options
    kc922kc922 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2011
    This looks fantastic. Just a quick question, do you have a list of the "beautiful vista" lots? Thanks!
  • Options
    LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    kc922 wrote:
    This looks fantastic. Just a quick question, do you have a list of the "beautiful vista" lots? Thanks!

The coastal lots basically. (The Wolff's, the 2 next to it, the cliffside lots leading out of town and beachfront lots.
  • Options
    kc922kc922 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks! :D
  • Options
    tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @tinydancer114 As far as I know, the stuff packs are not required. People have also got it to work without world adventures installed, but I do know that it has world adventure items placed, so not sure how they managed that, unless the game automatically removes the items upon loading.

As far as I know, the file is the same for both Mac and PC, so it should work on a Mac no problem.

I've downloaded it on my Mac and it works wonderfully been playing it for hours! My only *problem* is having too many options of where to move my sims!! Thank you for such a fantastic job!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimLover0510SimLover0510 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Don't worry! Fixed it and WOW! This is precisely what I've been searching for!
    Great job and thank you so much for helping us who suck at creating a world :wink:
  • Options
    naadiDnaadiD Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2011
    Love this world so much :) thank you for adding the studio also - I moved my generation family to live at the lot close to it.. super view and so much space :)
  • Options
    EvilJasonEvilJason Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Good job! I only have to add a couple of lots like the laundromat and a little more for clubs.

By the way, any chance you might be willing to release the CAW files for this?
  • Options
    EvilJasonEvilJason Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Double post.... Dang forums!
  • Options
    Playerdepain77Playerdepain77 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Love this town.

Only problem, in my game it seems they don't have relations with anyone outside of their household and the old family trees are missing. And all of the graves don't have ghosts attached to them.
  • Options
    morgiejmorgiej Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2011
    Does it work if you don't have Ambitions OR WA?
  • Options
    LucindraLucindra Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Just wanted to say a very massive thank you for this world, it was just what I've been looking for. I love late night but hated Bridgeport and the sky scrapers. For me personally I only need one or 2 clubs so my sims have stuff to do at night and of course loads of room for expansions!

Excellent work.
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi, I alraedy posted this before, but is there some way I can download the town and tweak it to my liking? Do I need CAW for that? The only thing I want to change is Summer Hill.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    Please note that this town DOES require all expansions installed.(not including Generations, however some people have managed to install it without World Adventures. Should you choose to do this, I can not be held responsible for any possible problems this action might cause.) Fast Lane stuff pack has been confirmed to not be needed, I am not sure about the other stuff packs but I did make a vigilant effort to not use any stuff pack items when building this world.

I hope everybody enjoys this remake! I had a lot of fun as well as hair tearing moments making it.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?c2ic74l7sirsjop
    Exchange Link: Coming 2025!
    The comment about the exchange link made me laugh so hard. Mainly because it is so true. Downloading now to check this out. I currently use LCatsSunsetRevisited_V3a by LoCatus http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3543043
    which I really love. But Variety is the spice of life so I am up to try one more. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    epaigeepaige Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2011
    Check with ruthless_kk. She was having trouble uploading Victorian Bay into the exchange. It's there now.
  • Options
    ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2011
    I swear I can KISS you right now!!

I downloaded earlier today but haven't had a chance to play it yet as I'm moving all of my families from the originial SV and BP to the new. SV is my favorite neighborhood to play but the annoyance was the lack of space. I also tried to rebuild SV in CAW but it's too complicated. I can't even get past putting a rode down (lol).

You did an excellent job!! Thank you thank you thank you!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @tinydancer114 As far as I know, the stuff packs are not required. People have also got it to work without world adventures installed, but I do know that it has world adventure items placed, so not sure how they managed that, unless the game automatically removes the items upon loading.

As far as I know, the file is the same for both Mac and PC, so it should work on a Mac no problem.

I've downloaded it on my Mac and it works wonderfully been playing it for hours! My only *problem* is having too many options of where to move my sims!! Thank you for such a fantastic job!! :mrgreen:

LOL yeah that's my only problem too!!
  • Options
    xAngel0JackxxAngel0Jackx Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I tried to download this and it screwed up my game launcher. Now the patcher/game launcher won't open. It says "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details."

Edit:

I fixed it, basically all you have to do is delete the sims 3 folder in the documents section. You lose all your store items and everything, so you have to reinstall all of that. I tried re-downloading your town and it worked, so far... :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I tried to download this and it screwed up my game launcher. Now the patcher/game launcher won't open. It says "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details."

Edit:

I fixed it, basically all you have to do is delete the sims 3 folder in the documents section. You lose all your store items and everything, so you have to reinstall all of that. I tried re-downloading your town and it worked, so far... :wink:

Not my world. Like I said earlier, you need to have Late Night installed, and according to your profile you do not. The error you just posted is what occurs when you try to install something that requires content you do not have installed.
  • Options
    thornsplitterthornsplitter Posts: 1,621 New Member
    edited June 2011
    First I want to say ..Excellent job.. been using it all weekend. One minor issue I have found not sure if it is my PC or the map. The road in front of the Hospital and the Art Gallery. For some reason when I zoom all the way in the green ground comes up through the road. It may be my PC, but it happens on this neighborhood and not on the original Sunset Valley.

But to be honest I can live with that !!! Thanks for all your hard work. I tried my hand at CAW ended up just getting frustrated and giving up.

One last question, did you incude all spawners or just the originals that were in teh base Sunset Valley?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    First I want to say ..Excellent job.. been using it all weekend. One minor issue I have found not sure if it is my PC or the map. The road in front of the Hospital and the Art Gallery. For some reason when I zoom all the way in the green ground comes up through the road. It may be my PC, but it happens on this neighborhood and not on the original Sunset Valley.

But to be honest I can live with that !!! Thanks for all your hard work. I tried my hand at CAW ended up just getting frustrated and giving up.

One last question, did you incude all spawners or just the originals that were in teh base Sunset Valley?

None of the WA spawners. You still need to go on holiday to get those :). Rest of the spawner types should be in there.

I checked the road and it does not occur on either of my PC's, so not sure what could be causing that for you.
  • Options
    RobECoyoteRobECoyote Posts: 267 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Great work, and very much appreciated. If we could give kudos like on TS2 boards, youd definitely have some.

Well done, sir.
  • Options
    KezJonaKezJona Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh my god I absolutely love you! I just downloaded it now and it looks amazing! I was recently playing on Sunset Valley and having to battle for ages trying to place new grids that match with the roads and it was so difficult. You have done all this for me!

The grind and the new beach bar are fantastic additions as well, I did get one bug where the names of the ambition community lots are full of jargon, but I just edited them myself and that was fine. I added a couple of my own lots as well, like a church, the new generations park and some houses but on the whole I think you have done a brilliant job.

Thank you so much for providing this to everyone here at TS3 boards, when this is updated to the exchange I will favourite and recommend it 100%!
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow! Thank you!
  • Options
    xAngel0JackxxAngel0Jackx Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:

Edit:

Not my world. Like I said earlier, you need to have Late Night installed, and according to your profile you do not. The error you just posted is what occurs when you try to install something that requires content you do not have installed.

No, I have all the expansion packs, I just haven't registered them since there was no incentive to do so. It most certainly was your town because it crashed as soon as I tried to download it. It is working now, however, I was just informing you of the problem so you may look into it. It might have been because I have generations. Trust me, sir, I read before I download.
  • Options
    inseparableMSJMinseparableMSJM Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Well... I would just like to say thank you because I have been looking for something like this for a while now. Secondly, and I don't mean to be rude to anyone at all so I apologize in advance. It seems like it took him quite a while to create this world for us andd he seems to have done a very good job explaining the answers to many of the repeating questions I see arising in this forum. Take a look and carefully read the notes he has made before you ask questions that have already been answered... just simply to give the guy a break from repeating himself. Again no disrespect intended. Also... my question... which I made sure has been unanswered... I'm sort of an OCD kinda person... its gonna bug me if it says sunset valley second edition in the main menu. Any solution to changing the town name?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top